Poll

Are you watching GiftedHater?

Yes
No
Yes & Patreon subscribed
Fuck no
Fred Gall

Author Topic: Thoughts on Gifted Hater?  (Read 420491 times)

SirRustyofMaine

Re: Thoughts on Gifted Hater?
« Reply #3900 on: February 16, 2024, 09:12:03 AM »
the fishbowl rant was easily the hardest he's ever gone in the paint. beatrice, neal, and tyshawn pulling the race card was a last ditch effort because they knew he was right and had no legitimate rebuttal. robert neal saying it's on sight with GH just goes to show how insecure he is. a grown man threatening someone with violence because they got their feelings hurt by something that was said (and in this case what was said wasn't even that bad,) is probably the most childish and insecure thing you could actually do. if robert neal, or someone robert neal associated, actually put hands on Joa and word got out about it, his career would be a wrap.

people's careers have ended for way way less and Joa is a beloved figure in skateboarding. robert neal is a cornball and him threatening violence furthers that sentiment.

Being roasted by your peers is one of the few occupational hazards associated with male modeling. Good luck making it in that business being so thin skinned

KrisJolson

« Reply #3901 on: February 16, 2024, 11:03:38 AM »
RN looks ultra zesty, i think GH could take him 1v1

disgruntledMTAEmployee

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -464
« Reply #3902 on: February 16, 2024, 05:09:47 PM »
this muppet character is biting my takes

grandslam

• Rep: 47
« Reply #3903 on: February 16, 2024, 06:01:17 PM »
Listened to the fishbowl video today.

An excellent point that GH makes is according to robert Neal, no one can criticize him because he is paid to do what he does, but in the same regard, Joa is also being paid to do what HE does, so he should be afforded the same leeway.

I do think that the one point that GH doesn’t touch on, and maybe doesn’t need to be said, is the fact that many of these hyper sensitive skaters lack critical thinking skills, which is the root of all of these issues IMO. It’s easy to forget that a lot of these guys are fucking idiots.

No Wave Comply

• Rep: 142
  • Phantom of the Skatepark
« Reply #3904 on: February 16, 2024, 08:11:25 PM »
Listened to the fishbowl video today.

An excellent point that GH makes is according to robert Neal, no one can criticize him because he is paid to do what he does, but in the same regard, Joa is also being paid to do what HE does, so he should be afforded the same leeway.

I do think that the one point that GH doesn’t touch on, and maybe doesn’t need to be said, is the fact that many of these hyper sensitive skaters lack critical thinking skills, which is the root of all of these issues IMO. It’s easy to forget that a lot of these guys are fucking idiots.

Yep. Add to that the fact that many are surrounded by an entourage of yes men/women constantly blowing smoke up their ass.
a grunt  a mudhog  a slimedog
a simple servant  a hired hand

“Come in here dear boy, have a gnar, you’re gonna go far!”

sprained_ankle

• Rep: -12
« Reply #3905 on: February 17, 2024, 10:47:40 PM »

king of skate youtube
hi,am new here

Brad Wesley

• Rep: 31
« Reply #3906 on: February 17, 2024, 11:22:33 PM »
...the subtle, almost imperceptible switch from the 80s Batman logo to the Batman Beyond logo.

brbr

• Rep: 7
« Reply #3907 on: February 18, 2024, 12:26:12 AM »

king of skate youtube
Sam Sulek youtube video style haha

ExpensiveHandjoe

• Rep: 22
« Reply #3908 on: February 18, 2024, 03:09:53 AM »

king of skate youtube

This one actually got me hyped to skate

swellbowed

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 520
  • ow
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #3909 on: February 18, 2024, 07:16:30 AM »
Great vid. Gotta love the triumph. The praying to god bit had me cracking up

mareo

• Rep: -342
« Reply #3910 on: February 18, 2024, 11:15:44 AM »

king of skate youtube

I'm half joking here, but I got the feeling that lot of skaters are fascinated by tech tricks/ledge dancing/rodney mullen at the beginning of their journey and as they grow, they find an appreciation for style/tasteful trick and spot selection/outfits...
And what Joa seems to be doing is the opposite, he's finding the joy in those difficult and technical and sometimes ugly tricks far into his skateboarding journey or career. It's really fun to see for a change.

Quote from: I sniff my own butthole all the time
2nd vote would be for PJ. sometimes it is a fine command of the english language to say nothing and he extended that to skating. PJ's plan B part is the emperor's new clothes.

mj23

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 237
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #3911 on: February 19, 2024, 07:03:48 AM »
Expand Quote

king of skate youtube
[close]

I'm half joking here, but I got the feeling that lot of skaters are fascinated by tech tricks/ledge dancing/rodney mullen at the beginning of their journey and as they grow, they find an appreciation for style/tasteful trick and spot selection/outfits...
And what Joa seems to be doing is the opposite, he's finding the joy in those difficult and technical and sometimes ugly tricks far into his skateboarding journey or career. It's really fun to see for a change.

Yeah, he’s definitely picking through the trash of his childhood faves to recover the little bits that were cool about it, which is something that I think we all do at some point.

swellbowed

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 520
  • ow
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #3912 on: March 01, 2024, 02:58:44 PM »

Banned from the room

« Reply #3913 on: March 01, 2024, 04:03:07 PM »
Expand Quote
Is the lack of published skate photos with captions creating a free-for-all in trick names? I swear I heard him call a 180 nosegrind on a hubba a 180 switch crook. Not sure how you get that
[close]

I’m very fond of Gifted Hater but some of his descriptions of tricks are egregiously incorrect.  Seems like anything in the 180 nosegrind or fakie 5-0 realm often trips him up with the trick names.

Seriously Kevin I noticed this as well. Usually he's 110 but in this case #10.  If he was our age we he'd know but these kids got their skatebloarding spoon fed to them my Activision and the post skatebloarding entertainment industry that's systemically broken and almost devoid of art.

Kids starting today got it it good tho. I hope queen of macba fuckin hell stops eroding woman's skatebloarding because clearly the talent doesn't wanna fuck with them or they don't care to fly in people who can do a tv demo.

Cuz that's all it is Right? They are misrepresenting what I have seen with my eyes. Where's all the vans kids? Wtf.

Can't slappy nose slide and berries is putting that on the tv. Macba used to mean something. If I was that kid be like don't fuckin film me. Or sure I'll help the episode. I'm taking a letter on everything that has to do with the main block. I will not hurt my name by disrespecting the plaza gods.

Not that kids going to have to be working 10x as hard to beat the mojo they threw upon themselves. Let's hope they stick around and learn a bunch of nollie flip variations.i feel like that's the only way to get a head of this first appearance.

Banned from the room

« Reply #3914 on: March 01, 2024, 04:03:50 PM »
Everything macba adjacent is now lower value.

easymoneysniper

• Rep: 30
« Reply #3915 on: March 01, 2024, 05:14:42 PM »
10:38

ayoooooooooo arnold wha?

easymoneysniper

• Rep: 30
« Reply #3916 on: March 01, 2024, 05:32:42 PM »
currently working out, sagging the shit outta my pants while my local tattoo artist inks my face

Banned from the room

« Reply #3917 on: March 01, 2024, 05:48:22 PM »
currently working out, sagging the shit outta my pants while my local tattoo artist inks my face

Save some space for me?

jgonzalez

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 784
  • no not never. looser.
    • JGonz4ever avatar image
« Reply #3918 on: March 01, 2024, 11:21:00 PM »
Seems like in the early 00s the warped slomo was reserved for the ender or two. The hammers. The Berrics then over killed it with their Bangin! Series of clips by late 00s early 10s

Par example

https://youtu.be/RYrp8_AZH7g?si=OHE0btdlLqbkmTYx

https://m.youtube.com/watch?si=iCO3k9zzLPCjI_X4&v=RYrp8_AZH7g&feature=youtu.be

Nobody wanted to be associated with that

Edit: fuck idk how to embed anymore lol sorry old

nothing's been the since same

jakeumms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1347
  • Runnin through the house with a pickle in my mouth
« Reply #3919 on: March 02, 2024, 12:06:12 AM »
Seems like in the early 00s the warped slomo was reserved for the ender or two. The hammers. The Berrics then over killed it with their Bangin! Series of clips by late 00s early 10s

Par example

Got you. Slap don't like mobile htmls no mo
them cats are out getting mashed up to jungle, he's out mashing up jungle cats. it's just not gonna work.

jgonzalez

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 784
  • no not never. looser.
    • JGonz4ever avatar image
« Reply #3920 on: March 02, 2024, 12:08:58 AM »
Expand Quote

Par example

[close]
Got you. Slap don't like mobile htmls no mo

Cool thanks. I saw the thread about needing the normal webpage but I’m always on mobile here

nothing's been the since same

frontsideNECKTIE

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 232
  • Precision Posture
« Reply #3921 on: March 02, 2024, 12:54:21 AM »
fav ramp slo-mo @5:20

Wow sorry, didn't realise I was dealing with a sick cunt here

powerhazard

• Rep: 6
« Reply #3922 on: March 02, 2024, 06:56:06 AM »

Damn, my Metal logo made it in a gifted hater video. This is hilarious

KrisJolson

« Reply #3923 on: March 02, 2024, 10:29:05 AM »
bro is really what is needed right now. these days you say some of this shit on slap you'd get banned but hes correct about all of it

Coldpizza

• Rep: 166
« Reply #3924 on: March 02, 2024, 03:33:30 PM »

I definitely agree with some of his takes, but dude comes off as so pretentious and insufferable.
Also this…
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

The Mexican Nancy Chin

• Rep: 115
« Reply #3925 on: March 02, 2024, 04:12:49 PM »
bro is really what is needed right now. these days you say some of this shit on slap you'd get banned but hes correct about all of it
Absolutely nothing he said would get you banned on here

No Wave Comply

• Rep: 142
  • Phantom of the Skatepark
« Reply #3926 on: March 02, 2024, 05:26:36 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

I definitely agree with some of his takes, but dude comes off as so pretentious and insufferable.
Also this…

I think he went in on spiky fonts more than camouflage caps per se, but I thought the same thing (Sci-Fi did a camo cap).
a grunt  a mudhog  a slimedog
a simple servant  a hired hand

“Come in here dear boy, have a gnar, you’re gonna go far!”

Shtonk

• Rep: -450
« Reply #3927 on: March 02, 2024, 11:44:42 PM »
Sci Fi isn't his company and he's said before he doesn't agree with all of their product decisions. Although I think you could argue this cap is ironic. Anyway, trying to use Jerry Hsu's brand to get an L on Gifted Hater just looks a bit desperate

Southernmost

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 136
« Reply #3928 on: March 02, 2024, 11:48:26 PM »
I agreed with most of what he said. One thing I hope stops for 2024, which he’s guilty of doing recently, is the mini my war/bails montage for 1 trick. Don’t get me wrong his crook Nollie 360 flip was sick but we don’t need a 17 min video of him at an indoor yapping about it. And it’s not just him I’m going at its so many people on instagram and YouTube that have been playing this out for years now. Thrasher doing My Wars every once in awhile is cool because it’s usually a high profile trick at an insane spot with a good back story from the skater, filmer, photographer etc. The YouTuber/local homie at the skatepark my wars need to go away.

lurkluke

• Rep: 194
« Reply #3929 on: March 03, 2024, 12:09:36 AM »
I agreed with most of what he said. One thing I hope stops for 2024, which he’s guilty of doing recently, is the mini my war/bails montage for 1 trick. Don’t get me wrong his crook Nollie 360 flip was sick but we don’t need a 17 min video of him at an indoor yapping about it. And it’s not just him I’m going at its so many people on instagram and YouTube that have been playing this out for years now. Thrasher doing My Wars every once in awhile is cool because it’s usually a high profile trick at an insane spot with a good back story from the skater, filmer, photographer etc. The YouTuber/local homie at the skatepark my wars need to go away.

I like those vids