Author Topic: Jonah Hill's movie "Mid 90s"  (Read 119330 times)

FS-OverKOOK

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 45
Re: Jonah Hill's movie "Mid 90s"
« Reply #390 on: October 23, 2018, 08:04:45 AM »
Expand Quote
Someone else's comment that sums up fat boy perfectly.

"Jonah Hill is a rich kid poseur. His dad was the manager of Guns N Roses and he attended a private school where the tuition is 30K a year. He spent his adolescence wearing expensive clothes for husky boys and eating fucking ding dongs."
[close]

I'm not sure the clothes he wore or the food he ate but his dad was not the manager for anyone. He's a CPA.
Jonah Feldstein's dad was an accountant for Guns N Roses.

Yushin Okami

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 115
« Reply #391 on: October 23, 2018, 08:10:22 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

"Jonah Hill is a rich kid poseur. His dad was the manager of Guns N Roses and he attended a private school where the tuition is 30K a year. He spent his adolescence wearing expensive clothes for husky boys and eating fucking ding dongs."
[close]

I'm not sure the clothes he wore or the food he ate but his dad was not the manager for anyone. He's a CPA.
[close]

You know what CPA mean, right?
We all know you have two sexy anthropomorphic wolves who buttfuck each other on the bottom of your board.

FS-OverKOOK

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #392 on: October 23, 2018, 08:55:47 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]
[close]

Yes. Thank you for your concern. It was first stated that he was the manager and then a CPA. I was clarifying that his dad was the accountant for the band - not exactly a run of the mill CPA, I doubt he accepts outside clients for tax prep. 

Yushin Okami

• Rep: 115
« Reply #393 on: October 23, 2018, 08:59:55 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]
Yes. Thank you for your concern. It was first stated that he was the manager and then a CPA. I was clarifying that his dad was the accountant for the band - not exactly a run of the mill CPA, I doubt he accepts outside clients for tax prep.

I think we're saying the same thing. His dad was not the manager for anybody.
We all know you have two sexy anthropomorphic wolves who buttfuck each other on the bottom of your board.

Francis Xavier

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2277
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #394 on: October 23, 2018, 09:01:43 AM »
I can't wait til' this premieres and the press/media junket is done. I get it,it's a "good movie" but god damn shut up already

Damn I left my bubbler at my parents house

The Ghost of Lenny Kirk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -146
« Reply #395 on: October 23, 2018, 09:04:20 AM »
after listening to some of these interviews, it just seems like performance and he's trying way too hard. im sure he was there for some stuff but it doesn't feel like he actually tried learning how to skate. the movie is probably fine and ok but jonah hill is definitely a poser. he's probably also overstating how much influence he had on the overall direction and dialogue in the movie. just my feeling.

givecigstosurfgroms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -958
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #396 on: October 23, 2018, 09:13:11 AM »
Yah the interview I saw sealed the deal.  As in Jonah's a fat seal.  Jonahs arc.  Was never gonna watch it anyway.
"I just care about the river, I dont care about your back"

Andmoreagain

• Rep: 52
« Reply #397 on: October 23, 2018, 09:18:14 AM »

i've always kinda liked jonah hill's acting but for some reason his skate fandom kinda bothers me. i keep trying to watch these new interviews with him that keep coming out but i cant fucking listen to him talk longer than 5 minutes. i guess him constantly praising everything skateboarding bores the shit out of me. also the whole "atcq were my beatles" thing makes me wanna vomit.

I was down for this movie, actually wanted to go this past weekend but my GF wouldn't cus she hates Jonah Hill. After watching that I think I'm glad I didn't go. Dude seems fake as fuck.

Jerkstore

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -154
« Reply #398 on: October 23, 2018, 09:30:08 AM »
Oh yeh this is great

Jonah is a kook

roba

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 796
« Reply #399 on: October 23, 2018, 10:23:49 AM »

i've always kinda liked jonah hill's acting but for some reason his skate fandom kinda bothers me. i keep trying to watch these new interviews with him that keep coming out but i cant fucking listen to him talk longer than 5 minutes. i guess him constantly praising everything skateboarding bores the shit out of me. also the whole "atcq were my beatles" thing makes me wanna vomit.

i don't even know what to think about him anymore. i guess he might have skated, i'm pretty sure that he did and i'm kinda hyped for the movie but when he started talking about how og skate shoes should be in sneaker stores i felt like he was forcing it too much.

Surf-goth

• Rep: -678
« Reply #400 on: October 23, 2018, 10:40:47 AM »
Expand Quote
In an interview with him and nakel he kept saying nakel was his friend then asked him if he wrote for illegal civ. He would he not know he rode for FA? I was giving jonah the benefit of the doubt but now I'm convinced this is a farce.
[close]

https://youtu.be/nFj7PCuQj7E?t=2046

he hasnt seen them pour piss on the homeless either

Those kids need the shit kicked out them for that.
Rest in peace Dick Dale.

slappies

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1224
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #401 on: October 23, 2018, 12:00:37 PM »
Jonah talks about skateboarding the way a 16 year old who just read Please Kill Me talks about punk music.
Even if he actually did skate, and was into "cool" shit, he talks about it as if anyone could possibly give a fuck. Woah dude, you liked ATCQ, and in the 90s?! Incredible.

Spotify put up a "Mid-90s" playlist he curated and it starts with a little intro video of him blabbering on about how fucking cool he is and how he was so into hip-hop and skateboarding growing up. He makes sure to touch on how good Spotify is because it had all the "crazy, B-Side, deep-cut obscure tracks" he wanted to include...the playlist included such rarities as "Wave of Mutilation" by the Pixies, "Tearz" by Wu-Tang and "Kiss From A Rose" by Seal.

I'm still unsure if this is all some sort of Joaquin Phoenix, "I'm Still Here" situation where he's just fucking with everyone.
CRACK RAIDER RAZOR

doctorkickflip

• Rep: 44
« Reply #402 on: October 23, 2018, 02:14:39 PM »
Saw this movie last night and can't really recommend it. I mean, he got the "skating culture" shit right for the most part but as far as making it an actual enjoyable, entertaining, or even challenging movie... he came up short. The characters were all pretty one dimensional and the story doesn't go anywhere (in a way that seems unintentional). I'm pretty sure he spent most of his time worrying about keeping the "skate culture" shit legit and forgot that he also had to make a good movie.

FS-OverKOOK

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #403 on: October 23, 2018, 02:51:58 PM »
Saw this movie last night and can't really recommend it. I mean, he got the "skating culture" shit right for the most part but as far as making it an actual enjoyable, entertaining, or even challenging movie... he came up short. The characters were all pretty one dimensional and the story doesn't go anywhere (in a way that seems unintentional). I'm pretty sure he spent most of his time worrying about keeping the "skate culture" shit legit and forgot that he also had to make a good movie.
So, this movie is not doctor recommended?

ChronicBluntSlider

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 76
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #404 on: October 23, 2018, 10:14:57 PM »
So far I've only heard bits and pieces throughout the day as I've been in the car but he was interviewed on Howard Stern today. I've always had a generally positive view of him but he kinda came across as like a right-wing pundit's caricature of a college liberal. He used the term woke in earnest and it kinda felt like he was trying to lecture Howard into wokedness.

Nosferatu

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 687
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #405 on: October 23, 2018, 10:22:46 PM »
Pretty amazing how many shows/podcasts/youtube videos/wherever the fuck else he has been on promoting this. Over saturation.
I thought it wasnt just him solo, shouldve stuck with my og thought.
R.I.P Rusty. One of us.

dallou

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 173
    • Music avatar image
« Reply #406 on: October 24, 2018, 02:48:37 AM »
^for real. I kind of like him as an actor and all. But the way he talks about skateboarding is weird. He is trying really really really hard, it looks like he is acting and just learned a script. Same goes for hip hop.
And as someone said before, I don't know why it is a big deal that he was into A tribe called quest in the 90'. Also I find weird, him saying he is happy that after arguing with the cast of his movie, they aknowledged that 90' hip hop shits on current hip hop. Like let them enjoy life man. Don't be an old grumpy asshole. We get it you LOVE hip hop and you want people to know that about you. Yes the 90' were cool, I don't remember much of it.
He talks too much about how it is a period piece and how accurate it is to the 90'. I hope he knows that this does not make a movie any good.
Still want to see it but yes hearing him talk about the movie is not interesting and he is everywhere. He really wants to be accepted in the skate/hip hop world. Just relax man.
check my music

CHONGO

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 28
    • tumblr avatar image
« Reply #407 on: October 24, 2018, 03:24:42 AM »
did anyone else notice the trucks?

Jollyoli

• Rep: 91
« Reply #408 on: October 24, 2018, 03:34:36 AM »
did anyone else notice the trucks?

Yeah, how could you even skate that thing with a truck on backwards.
Hey, hey, hey. Don't be mean. We don't have to be mean because, remember, no matter where you go, there you are.

doctorkickflip

• Rep: 44
« Reply #409 on: October 24, 2018, 09:17:35 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

The doc doesn't rec this one I'm afraid. Go see First Man in IMAX instead.

Get the strap

« Reply #410 on: October 24, 2018, 09:50:29 AM »
I watched some of the power 106 interview with him and Nakel...I'm wondering if his fellow actors from past work are gonna get upset at Jonah saying Nakel is the best actor he's ever worked with.

I agree with the post above, crazy oversaturation. I think Jonah will name his first kid mid-90s.

BMCsteve

• Rep: 55
« Reply #411 on: October 24, 2018, 11:58:35 AM »
Kids are pretty good

DCLOVE

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -496
« Reply #412 on: October 24, 2018, 02:10:11 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
In an interview with him and nakel he kept saying nakel was his friend then asked him if he wrote for illegal civ. He would he not know he rode for FA? I was giving jonah the benefit of the doubt but now I'm convinced this is a farce.
[close]

https://youtu.be/nFj7PCuQj7E?t=2046

he hasnt seen them pour piss on the homeless either
[close]

Those kids need the shit kicked out them for that.

Someone send this to a news outlet and watch the movie get pulled from theaters.
PINE 2009, 2010, 2011, 2020, PINE STILL MAKIN' MONEY.

FROTHY

« Reply #413 on: October 24, 2018, 02:50:22 PM »
Only thing I'm upset about is him trying to look like Steve Jobs all the time

Edit: Steve Mids
« Last Edit: October 24, 2018, 03:02:45 PM by FROTHY »

fulltechnicalskizzy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1935
« Reply #414 on: October 24, 2018, 03:59:50 PM »
Steve Jobs? Never!!

Francis Xavier

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2277
« Reply #415 on: October 24, 2018, 06:04:31 PM »
He most likely hired a stylist and said he wanted a 'passionate about skateboarding and ATCQ look'

Damn I left my bubbler at my parents house

Jagr

• Rep: 118
« Reply #416 on: October 24, 2018, 09:57:19 PM »

HotnSpicyMcChicken

• Rep: -42
« Reply #417 on: October 24, 2018, 10:08:36 PM »
Kids are pretty good

Sunny has the rare gift of already having grown man style as a child.

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 252
« Reply #418 on: October 24, 2018, 11:02:13 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

A Star Is Born is pretty god damn great too.  Was surprised how much it stayed with me.   

Mid90s is just such a fucking meh title.  Just seems like its creeping a little hard in the buzzfeed/'member berries direction.   Why wasn't Jonah Hill ever in a Crail skit in their heyday of celeb cameos?

roba

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 796
« Reply #419 on: October 25, 2018, 07:00:28 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

[close]

A Star Is Born is pretty god damn great too.  Was surprised how much it stayed with me.   

Mid90s is just such a fucking meh title.  Just seems like its creeping a little hard in the buzzfeed/'member berries direction.   Why wasn't Jonah Hill ever in a Crail skit in their heyday of celeb cameos?

to be fair, the celeb cameo era of crailtap was from yeah right to fully flared, and jonah got famous after superbad which came out in the same year as fully flared. he was in away days fwiw.