Author Topic: bronson bearings are shit  (Read 16400 times)

rawbertson.

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 705
  • yo yo, yo yo yo yo
    • my youtube avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
Re: bronson bearings are shit
« Reply #60 on: June 25, 2021, 06:15:14 AM »
I have had the $80 sets of Bones Swiss Bearings and never had any issue. i even had the ceramics once and they were insane... could have just been the wheels but i rmember people getting on my board and being like wtf this is FAST . i left my board in the car all winter with the $80 Swiss ones and they are kinda rusted on the outside but they still spin amazing. i havent done anything to them other than wiped the dirt out with paper towel dry.

This dude who is heavy into downhill told me that bearings do not matter , the world record for speed was set on https://www.switchbacklongboards.com/collections/bearings/products/zealous-built-in-integrated-bearings-classic

$20 set of bearings. but he said you absolutely need ot use the lube on them they need to be worked in and dont come good out of the box... which any solid set of bones will. I remember skating reds back in the day in the early 2000s and it is pretty clear cut difference between Reds and the $80  Swiss to me. I am skeptical to use those Zealous for Street skating because i dont know if they can handle the impact as well. i remmeber that being a problem with shittier bearings in the past. havent had one blow out on me ever since i siwtched to swiss.

Hinna

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 81
« Reply #61 on: June 25, 2021, 06:20:45 AM »
reds used to be way better. never used to have that many problems with them but they kind of suck now. been on mini logos the last year+ or so. only had to replace 1 or 2 which is not the worst i guess

90sDamiano

• Rep: -82
« Reply #62 on: June 25, 2021, 06:22:00 AM »
Bronson Raws are the best bearing I’ve ever ridden in the 17 years I’ve been skating. I don’t ride for them nor do I care for their marketing but I can undeniably say that after years for riding Swiss it’s more cost efficient to use Raws. Raws look feel and sound better out the box and I have never broken a set. I highly recommend them

Hinna

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 81
« Reply #63 on: June 25, 2021, 06:53:31 AM »
i might. still got a full set+ about 6 but after

figureitout

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -141
« Reply #64 on: June 25, 2021, 07:56:59 AM »
could have told you that, swiss or bust.

os89

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1182
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #65 on: June 25, 2021, 08:23:31 AM »
Bronson Raws are the best bearing I’ve ever ridden in the 17 years I’ve been skating. I don’t ride for them nor do I care for their marketing but I can undeniably say that after years for riding Swiss it’s more cost efficient to use Raws. Raws look feel and sound better out the box and I have never broken a set. I highly recommend them

Haha they look and sound better?

Murge

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 427
« Reply #66 on: June 25, 2021, 09:22:05 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

AuDiBLe sOuNd tEcHNoLgY.

I tried Bronson. They just aren’t durable. A buddy of mine got the ceramics and he was stoked and I didn’t wanna be like damn homie you wasted $80. So I didn’t say anything thing they price would reflect higher quality. Less than a month he was wondering if his set was faulty but I’m thinking nah that’s just Bronson.

ndsr

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 164
« Reply #67 on: June 25, 2021, 09:32:33 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

My top 2 concerns with my bearings are the same as his.  Appearance and audio but most bearings won’t pass my AA test!

PrettyRicki

• Rep: 10
  • Symmetrical boards <3
« Reply #68 on: June 25, 2021, 09:34:01 AM »
I wasn't impressed with Bronson Raws either. I've never been a shield popper so I wasn't sure what to expect. The sound and spin test are fantastic but after two sessions, they felt like they were already on the brink of death. I ended up giving them to the homie and now I ride Rush Swiss bearings.

chrisskates808

« Reply #69 on: July 01, 2021, 10:38:31 PM »
All I can say is i don’t care enough for Bronson bearings but I feel spitfire bearings are just the worst!!

formula420

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 91
« Reply #70 on: July 02, 2021, 07:11:15 AM »
All I can say is i don’t care enough for Bronson bearings but I feel spitfire bearings are just the worst!!

Spit and indy bearings are the only ones ive had bad luck with. Everything else is pretty indistinguishable

chrisskates808

« Reply #71 on: July 02, 2021, 09:58:56 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Spit and indy bearings are the only ones ive had bad luck with. Everything else is pretty indistinguishable

i liked indy bearings till they broke apart on me

KGB

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -461
« Reply #72 on: July 02, 2021, 11:28:39 AM »
reds used to be way better. never used to have that many problems with them but they kind of suck now. been on mini logos the last year+ or so. only had to replace 1 or 2 which is not the worst i guess

They sell reds in a 2 pack for a reason. Consider yourself lucky if you get two good ones in that pack.

"Armed with seven rounds of space doo-doo pistols"

DarkPools

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 480
« Reply #73 on: July 02, 2021, 12:36:46 PM »
Bronson. A successful marketing company project for many pros to ride that couldn’t get on Bones is my belief. Their ads and team are a solid pull for customers, but their product falls short.
Bronson just isn’t that good. Had a couple sets and they slowed down/conked out much faster than any Reds or Mini Logo sets I’ve had. Even some FKD Lutzka bearings I had skated better lmao
Super Champion Fun Zone

Rubbrick

• Rep: 140
« Reply #74 on: July 02, 2021, 05:50:32 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

They sell reds in a 2 pack for a reason. Consider yourself lucky if you get two good ones in that pack.

They sell reds in a two pack for roller skaters. But I agree, reds do suck and blow out really fast.

PatrickSkateman

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -225
« Reply #75 on: July 02, 2021, 06:17:30 PM »
It seems the only good quality product to come out of NHS are Independent trucks.
2022 Slap Fantasy Football Champion

KGB

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #76 on: July 02, 2021, 06:20:40 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

They sell reds in a two pack for roller skaters. But I agree, reds do suck and blow out really fast.

they actually sell 16 packs for them.  even says right on their website "they know occasionally bearings will fail"  they are just spares for whoever needs them.

Rubbrick

• Rep: 140
« Reply #77 on: July 02, 2021, 06:47:08 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

they actually sell 16 packs for them.  even says right on their website "they know occasionally bearings will fail"  they are just spares for whoever needs them.

Ah I thought you meant two sets. Haven’t seen the two bearing sets

versacekid420

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1267
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #78 on: July 02, 2021, 07:55:46 PM »
just bring back fkd/hkd’s and i’ll be alright. until then, swiss forever

Lou Strux

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2277
  • The Swede is down at Venice Beach, shove off!
« Reply #79 on: July 02, 2021, 08:06:38 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

The 16 packs are for “quad” skaters: 8 wheels/pair o’ skates.
Still… them Reds kinda suck. Not Bronson bad, but still… yeesh!

I wanna play you in a game of SKATE for the right to continue talking shit on me.  You think you got me?

KGB

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #80 on: July 02, 2021, 08:30:12 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]
The 16 packs are for “quad” skaters: 8 wheels/pair o’ skates.
Still… them Reds kinda suck. Not Bronson bad, but still… yeesh!

By "them" I was referring to the "quad skaters" as I was referencing the quote above mine.
The 2 packs can be seen on the website, the bones bearings one, since they have a separate bones and powell peralta website as well for some reason. Kinda thought it was all the same.
  I haven't tried bronson but I would imagine them to be the same quality as every other bearing being sold in that class. Swiss is the correct answer if you need bearings to last. I don't understand the raw concept.
It seems like they just want you to buy more bearings than necessary as I'm sure a unprotected unloved bearing will fail more often. because friction and stuff.

Grip Jobs

« Reply #81 on: July 02, 2021, 08:57:23 PM »
Just bought some Bronson G3’s based on this thread.
Thanks for the recommendation.

MFS

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -65425
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #82 on: July 03, 2021, 12:44:19 PM »
I wonder why NHS never offered unshielded hubs for their Santa Cruz mountain bikes. I guess cyclists just can't appreciate the sound of dirt running through raw bearings like skateboarders do.

Santa Cruz bikes have nothing to do with NHS.

quesly

• Rep: 14
« Reply #83 on: July 03, 2021, 02:39:09 PM »
Expand Quote
I wonder why NHS never offered unshielded hubs for their Santa Cruz mountain bikes. I guess cyclists just can't appreciate the sound of dirt running through raw bearings like skateboarders do.
[close]

Santa Cruz bikes have nothing to do with NHS.
The only thing sorta related is that Rob Roskopp is a co-founder

Sold Out

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 97
« Reply #84 on: July 03, 2021, 04:07:21 PM »
Bronson Raw are way better than reds, ya'll trippin

drcroc

« Reply #85 on: July 03, 2021, 07:02:43 PM »
I bought these baby blue Girl bearings which were tight... No way you could find those again...

Hot take: bearings don't matter that much.

I did fux with that Emerica Bronson collab. I wanted the hoodie for sure... Even though I've never skated the bearings.

Dog the Bounty Hunter

• Rep: 1
« Reply #86 on: July 04, 2021, 01:00:26 AM »
Pay the money for Swiss ceramics. Don’t lose your board and you have a set of bearings for life. Clean them once a year.
Icehead

90sDamiano

• Rep: -82
« Reply #87 on: July 04, 2021, 05:20:53 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
My top 2 concerns with my bearings are the same as his.  Appearance and audio but most bearings won’t pass my AA test!
Yes they look, sound, and perform better imo. If u don’t care how your bearings sound then I guess I’m just a big olé loser skate nerd. Y’all love to make fun of people who don’t agree with you and that’s why most skaters suck. Keep spending 70+ dollars for Swiss for all I care. Follow da crowd and drink da juice  :)

IpathCats

« Reply #88 on: July 04, 2021, 10:12:29 AM »
Yea, Bronson's suck. Would like to see those skate science bearing guys explain exactly why they do.

lk130

• Topic and Post Probation
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -829
« Reply #89 on: July 04, 2021, 04:50:09 PM »
TRASH
Thought they fit the board at the time
I need Cariuma -Me

yungxmulaxbaby