Author Topic: lame instagram posts by pros  (Read 1487013 times)

Sangriawaterfall

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 37
Re: lame instagram posts by pros
« Reply #11760 on: February 26, 2024, 03:38:45 PM »
Real skateboards made a longboard in the early 2000’s with a graphic pushing a rollerblader and says “caution, this board makes wide turns”

Ninj2

• Rep: -101
« Reply #11761 on: February 26, 2024, 03:48:39 PM »
Expand Quote
Roller blades is fucking wak.  Wknd is fucking wak. Grant isn’t as funny as he thinks he is. He like one of the kids from drama class that took it serious and wasn’t just trying to get an easy c+. He so Hollywood. Scooters is ok. At least the little fool learns how to push and understands shin pain.
[close]

Having a negative opinion of rollerblading in 2024 is pathetic. Skateboarding completely and totally won; it beat out blading, BMX, scooters, etc. The war is over and we are now the mainstream. Everything else has been reduced to dust. But it’s worse than being a sore winner, it’s like caring passionately about a high school football rivalry decades after you graduated. Get a life.
shit up you dilbert. We don’t give a fuk wit u think we know you got a 4.0 gpa and had apples for your teacher. You hall monitor ass poster.

manysnakes

« Reply #11762 on: February 26, 2024, 03:50:51 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Roller blades is fucking wak.  Wknd is fucking wak. Grant isn’t as funny as he thinks he is. He like one of the kids from drama class that took it serious and wasn’t just trying to get an easy c+. He so Hollywood. Scooters is ok. At least the little fool learns how to push and understands shin pain.
[close]

Having a negative opinion of rollerblading in 2024 is pathetic. Skateboarding completely and totally won; it beat out blading, BMX, scooters, etc. The war is over and we are now the mainstream. Everything else has been reduced to dust. But it’s worse than being a sore winner, it’s like caring passionately about a high school football rivalry decades after you graduated. Get a life.
[close]
shit up you dilbert. We don’t give a fuk wit u think we know you got a 4.0 gpa and had apples for your teacher. You hall monitor ass poster.

Oh god you’re back and still doing the same shtick. It wasn’t funny last year, not funny now. Work harder on your “quitting Slap” New Year’s resolution.

type

• Rep: -52
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #11763 on: February 26, 2024, 03:53:16 PM »
That wasnt even a shtick he got your ass
I’m stuck in Fresno rn. behind that circle k across from Wendy’s

Newphone

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -534
« Reply #11764 on: February 26, 2024, 03:53:22 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I’d rollerblade to drama class tomorrow to be back in high school.

Ninj2

• Rep: -101
« Reply #11765 on: February 26, 2024, 03:54:48 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
[close]

Oh god you’re back and still doing the same shtick. It wasn’t funny last year, not funny now. Work harder on your “quitting Slap” New Year’s resolution.

naites

• Rep: 1
« Reply #11766 on: February 27, 2024, 02:43:19 AM »
i dont care about scooter jokes, but dehumanizing a specific group is quite messed up, even as a 'joke'. it is indeed a technic used for ethnical cleansing.
plus, the timing for this joke, as mentioned before
distasteful
fundikasa

BALARGUE

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 682
    • Balargue Skateshop avatar image
« Reply #11767 on: February 27, 2024, 04:13:50 AM »
with the context of war in Gaza, or racism in general making a comeback, what if this drawing is about the stupidity of considering another group inferior ?
Do these 2 skateboarders look clever to you ?

it looks like we read the same joke. Did you or i get the point ?

"don't call em people, they're just filling material" could easily be a quote from some extremist representative
« Last Edit: February 27, 2024, 04:53:20 AM by BALARGUE »

Pasta Monster

« Reply #11768 on: February 27, 2024, 05:07:37 AM »
Polar always did graphics that had rollerbladers and people on scooters like this. The first Polar tee I got from one of the early drops was a grim reaper standing on people with scooters. I think it’s all from that one artist Jacob, whose last name begins with an O-.

Based on the outrage that people have for this, I wonder how people would have felt about the AH sticker with a guy pissing on a guy in a wheelchair.

Allen.

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 780
    • Cigarettes for Cardio avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #11769 on: February 27, 2024, 05:51:43 AM »
Expand Quote
Genocide? Lol shut up

I agree its crap but genocide.. fuck off what a mental stretch.
[close]
It’s not that I’m saying that image portrayal of rollerbladers and scooters being killed is genocide.
I am saying however that there is a parallel in calling people being murdered “not people” and piling up dead bodies to create a “ paradise” is definitely indicative and synonymous with/of ethnic cleansing.
I don’t think that Pontus is actually in favor of genocide or murder. But I do believe given the current circumstances and verbiage of the image, it’s in poor taste and pretty damn juvenile.

At the very least, it’s fucking corny and very cringey.

Scooter kids and rollerbladers get in the way and can fuck up the flow of your run, but so can other skateboarders. What else? They over wax shit? So do other skateboarders. A dork is a dork regardless of what sub culture they subscribe to.
For someone w.no signature ur awfully hostile, & that is why I do this

Newphone

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -534
« Reply #11770 on: February 27, 2024, 06:04:23 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Genocide? Lol shut up

[close]
It’s not that I’m saying that image portrayal of rollerbladers and scooters being killed is genocide.
I am saying however that there is a parallel in calling people being murdered “not people” and piling up dead bodies to create a “ paradise” is definitely indicative and synonymous with/of ethnic cleansing.
I don’t think that Pontus is actually in favor of genocide or murder. But I do believe given the current circumstances and verbiage of the image, it’s in poor taste and pretty damn juvenile.
[close]

Scooter kids and rollerbladers get in the way and can fuck up the flow of your run, but so can other skateboarders. What else? They over wax shit? So do other skateboarders. A dork is a dork regardless of what sub culture they subscribe to.

Yeah I need complete concentration for my “run”

somedudefromnj

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 81
« Reply #11771 on: February 27, 2024, 07:53:55 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Genocide? Lol shut up

[close]
[close]

Dude get off the internet for a bit

of*

Lol. Eldee is definitely a human. He’s like a raider on horse back who’s kinda scared to do battle. Somehow he closes his eyes and swings his sword wildly and wakes up in a pile of dead orcs.

RichardBarkley

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -763
« Reply #11772 on: February 27, 2024, 08:48:19 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Genocide? Lol shut up

[close]
[close]

Oh i totally agree its peak cringe.
I want to fight you so badly richard
Please give me your address ill make it my life goal to punsh your face in

Sangriawaterfall

• Rep: 37
« Reply #11773 on: February 27, 2024, 08:57:21 AM »
Real skateboards did it in the early 2000’s on a longboard. “Caution this board makes wide turns” graphic pushing a rollerblader

JM

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 280
  • sup dog
« Reply #11774 on: February 27, 2024, 09:53:39 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
[close]

Who’s back? What are you talking about? ::)

jakeumms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1395
  • Runnin through the house with a pickle in my mouth
« Reply #11775 on: February 27, 2024, 10:17:38 AM »
That comic sucks and is an edgy rip off of all of the rip off one panel strips that Far Side inspired. US newspapers comics sections were full of this one panel junk from the 90's until they all mostly imploded. Honestly everything about this comic sucks and the artists should know it. What even is the funny bit?
unreadable trap logo

Mallie

• Rep: 54
« Reply #11776 on: February 27, 2024, 12:52:54 PM »
Moe, love you dawg, Casette is the shit, keep it going strong...

...but this is some Dalshim level stretching.

Lame? Yes.
Cringe? Hell yes.
Juvenile and sophomoric? Yessir.
Played out a couple of decades ago? Testify.

But tied in to a genocide, much less a particular one? Ehhhh...
Chi vive in baracca, chi suda il salario,
Chi ruba pensioni, chi ha scarsa memoria,
Chi ha crisi interiori, chi scava nei cuori,
Chi legge la mano, chi regna sovrano,
Chi suda, chi lotta, chi mangia una volta,
Chi gli manca la casa, chi vive da solo,
Chi trova scontato, chi come ha trovato...

lurkluke

• Rep: 232
« Reply #11777 on: February 27, 2024, 01:54:10 PM »
Moe, love you dawg, Casette is the shit, keep it going strong...

...but this is some Dalshim level stretching.

Lame? Yes.
Cringe? Hell yes.
Juvenile and sophomoric? Yessir.
Played out a couple of decades ago? Testify.

But tied in to a genocide, much less a particular one? Ehhhh...

He's not saying it's specific to the current genocide, but rather with the world as fucked as it is, do we really want to be making a joke about murdering a specific subculture?

The world is toxic enough with out us fantasizing over murdering people because of hobbies.

TheLurper

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 662
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #11778 on: February 27, 2024, 04:08:38 PM »
hey, hey, hey... if he who shall not be named, the nine club, and everyone else in the industry has taught me anything it is that that is SLAP is a place for racist, misogynist assholes. If we are going to maintain our rep, we need to support jokes that were done in poor taste.

I mean if we have any sort of moral compass, how will they be able to condemn us for being the worst people in the skateboarding and responsible for everything bad that ever happened in skateboarding?

Quote from: ChuckRamone
I love when people bring up world hunger. It makes everything meaningless.
"That guy is double parked."
"Who cares? There are people starving to death! Besides, how does that affect you? Does it lessen the joy of parking?

Troubadour26

• Rep: 111
« Reply #11779 on: February 27, 2024, 04:22:57 PM »
“Dalshim level stretching” is amazing

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 224
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #11780 on: February 27, 2024, 04:49:55 PM »
“Dalshim level stretching” is amazing
yeah, I’m gunna steal this one!
I don’t know really know how I feel about that graphic, but yeah, as a grown adult I defs  wouldn’t rock it.

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

MichaelJacksonsGhost

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Rep: 52
« Reply #11781 on: February 27, 2024, 05:40:15 PM »
To add a little support to Moe’s criticism here, there definitely are numerous, documented instances of Israeli officials using dehumanizing language to refer to the Palestinian people. Similar language was used by the Rwandan government to incite hatred against the Tunis people. It’s a straightforward hegemonic practice: get your populace to no longer consider the victims of genocide as humans and you’re going to have a hell of a lot more people on board with your agenda. So I think there’s a pretty direct connection to this graphic and actual genocide which have happened or are happening now.

Madam, I'm Adam

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1403
« Reply #11782 on: February 27, 2024, 05:55:35 PM »
To add a little support to Moe’s criticism here, there definitely are numerous, documented instances of Israeli officials using dehumanizing language to refer to the Palestinian people. Similar language was used by the Rwandan government to incite hatred against the Tunis people. It’s a straightforward hegemonic practice: get your populace to no longer consider the victims of genocide as humans and you’re going to have a hell of a lot more people on board with your agenda. So I think there’s a pretty direct connection to this graphic and actual genocide which have happened or are happening now.

Yup.

addie pray

• Rep: -527
  • u a whole goofy
« Reply #11783 on: February 27, 2024, 06:12:43 PM »
the tutsi people. they're one of three ethnic groups in rwanda. the tunis people are people from the country of tunisia.

Ghostof941

• Rep: -31
« Reply #11784 on: February 27, 2024, 06:21:27 PM »
Politics through skater lenses is a strange thing.

RichardBarkley

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -763
« Reply #11785 on: February 28, 2024, 12:29:04 AM »

Lol yeah we know.

Still a stretch.

Politics through skater lenses is a strange thing.

I want to fight you so badly richard
Please give me your address ill make it my life goal to punsh your face in

BurgerCop

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -75
« Reply #11786 on: February 28, 2024, 07:07:08 AM »
Doesn't take much effort to turn this into a right wing boomer comic.
Don't even have to change the dialogue

addie pray

• Rep: -527
  • u a whole goofy
« Reply #11787 on: February 28, 2024, 09:50:41 AM »
polar is a zionist dog entity and hjalte left in solidarity

pizzafliptofakie

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1960
« Reply #11788 on: February 28, 2024, 09:56:20 AM »
I wish people were half as mad about the actual genocide as they were about a cartoon that they think might be related to the genocide.

DillsDarts

• Rep: -22
« Reply #11789 on: February 28, 2024, 10:20:07 AM »
With some of these takes y’all should go at the gold standard for releasing boards “sensationalizing” horrific serial killers … didn’t anti hero release a whole board series based around known terrorists??? What about thoseinnocent victims????
I mean c’mon guys this is a bit of stretch lol

https://www.pinterest.com/pin/697846904737962433/
'Offensive career gets one do over, last attitude gets two tries. Cariuma riders have a bigger margin for error but will ultimately be decided by the referee'.
[/quote]