Author Topic: lame instagram posts by pros  (Read 1487473 times)

Hot Rod and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

Mike Oxwelling

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 30
Re: lame instagram posts by pros
« Reply #7200 on: November 16, 2021, 12:05:44 PM »
Expand Quote
@jojorabbi The previous goon said the shit would just go away by spring.   We're in year two of this.   

The vaccine wasn't desinged for the delta variant.   Which the data shows is what a vaccinated person is capable of spreading.
[close]

Biden says in the town hall meeting that the vaccines protect against the delta variant and that you can’t get it if you are vaccinated (9:05 in the video).

Expand Quote
So yeah, some folks got a little too salesperson like
[close]

These not just “some folks.” It’s the president of the United States and the director of the Center for Disease Control. And it’s not just “a little too salesperson like.” According to the fact checks they were spreading misinformation.

If people want to talk shit on pros and call them amateur virologists, and that no one ever said the vaccines prevent infection, etc. they should be aware of the facts.

Still waiting for @manysnakes to chime in as he asked for sources.

Bottom line is both Joe and the CDC do their best to interpret the current science data.   Which at this point changes almost daily with studies on Covid and treatments constantly being worked on.   I'll take a little over zealous salesmanship of a vaccine that has plenty of data to show that you're less likely to die from covid if vaccinated.   

Statements made in April and July are going to not be 100% accurate today.   Especially at a several hour long town hall of science data presented by a non-scientist.

We can make fun of anti-vaxxers due to their ineptness to accept the vaccine is saving people.    Its easy to look up your odds of dying if you've contracted covid.  Even the vaccine efficacy is easy enough to understand in the papers abstracts.   You have a higher chance of survival if vaccinated.   Og variant or delta.

Ivermectin.   Easy to look up how 49 cases of overdoses of conservative jesus juice in a pill and 16 of those died.    Easy math.   Science is your friend.

Einstein's theories were all adjusted and found not to be perfect after years of later studies and findings.   

We're currently not trying to have another 5 million people die across the world.  Some things might be said that aren't completely true.   Its not out of some conspiracy to put an RFID mark of the beast talking snake bullshit.

Abyss1

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 152
« Reply #7201 on: November 16, 2021, 12:17:54 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
D Way posted it but Hosoi, Tommy G, Kareem, and Elissa are all apart of this NFT nonsense.

[close]
Lol its depressing how many celebs/skaters have decided to cash in on NFTs. For those who aren't aware, NFTs are scams. You attach a crypto voucher to soulless, drag and drop 9th grade photoshop digital art, and then use it as either a pump and dump scam or as a way to launder money. NFTs arent just trash because the art is bad, the entire premise of them is bullshit and wastes resources. Sad to see even older pros stooping to what amounts to scamming
[close]

It’s hard to understand at this point, since the whole concept is so new, but I think of NFT’s as pieces of digital art. “Artists” create a one-of-a-kind piece of work and the value of that item is essentially agreed upon by the demand for it. Some random shitty little image from someone nobody has heard of won’t mean anything, but your favorite skater selling a unique one-off? $$$
Mike Mo talked about starting an NFT company with some other Crail dudes on his Bunt interview. They’re gonna call it ABD and sell skateboard memorabilia - unused angles from old videos and pieces of boards that bangers went down on. I’m no expert, but it seems like this is a topic you can only benefit from by learning about. No way working a regular job is enough for a good life anymore, you have to have some other source of income or some side-hustle. It’s not cool to be ignorant anymore.
[close]

Someone that knows better can correct me if I'm wrong, but this is my understanding:

NFTs are basically a kind of code that you can attach to a file to verify that is the original file of whatever. This makes sense if you're selling, say, tickets to a concert digitally and don't want to risk people copying files and therefore essentially stealing tickets. Or like e-gift certificates or something, stuff you can exchange for good and services in the real world. It seems like it would have a practical application from an IT/security application, behind the scenes code stuff that isn't very sexy or easily explained.

This is where the scam comes in: they're attaching it to images that anyone can "save as", and these images have no function in the real world (i.e. they're not tickets, receipts etc) or they function the same in the real world as they do on your computer: nobody is stopping you from printing out a JPEG, and viewing a JPEG on your screen vs on a piece of paper doesn't change anything about the image. The experience you receive by "buying" the NFT is the exact same experience people that just view or save "your" JPEG have.

The whole point of buying art, or almost anything for that matter, is to own it. If I buy a car I own it, and I know when I leave to go to work, nobody else will be driving my car, cause I own it. What happens when you own the Dancing Kermit meme? Millions of other people are watching MY Dancing Kermit meme, for free! But I paid for it! Even though paying for it doesn't change anything and we're all viewing the same Muppet dancing gracefully to Dreams by Fleetwood Mac, you've gotten nothing out of it except a lighter wallet.
[close]

This is the Mona Lisa, yes or no?

You can print it out and put it on your wall and watch it forever. Is that different from your argument? Now, you can add to that and say but there is a unique physical original, the rest are just copies. With digital art NFTs there is a unique original as well, it’s just digital instead of physical.

Paintings are easy to separate from digital, they have canvas and brush strokes and frames, physical qualities (you could of course consider forgeries that share the same physical qualities if you want) but what about photos for instance. Arto Saari sells photos he took in his web shop for like $100 or something, don’t recall exact price. Are you paying solely on the print quality there? Is it a $40 print in a $60 frame? He can print as many as he wants, so is that a scam? What if he sold the same photos as NFTs?

Surely there is a lot of opportunistic hustling going on with these lazy cartoon graphic celebrity NFTs and lazy lions or whatever, but what they are selling is a real thing and the market dictates the price. And the market is acting on FOMO and greed and bragging rights. But if I spit on a piece of paper and exclaim that this is a painting I’m selling for 1 million dollars, I wouldn’t consider that a scam but whoever bought it would be an idiot.

The market is still forming, there are a lot of people trying things and time will tell what will become of NFTs but I’m pretty confident most of this shit we’re seeing will fade out. But then again it’s very cheap to put it out so they don’t have to sell many or any to keep going.

One cool idea about NFT art I heard earlier was that since you have a perfect record (or a ledger) of the transactions on the item and it’s movements you could for instance make it so that the artist gets a cut of each sale made for the item, for eternity. So for instance if some rich bored collectors start swinging their dicks at an auction it not just another rich bored collector who benefits but also the artist themselves.

A digital copy is not real, its coded electrons, ones and zeros that represent bits.

When you physically paint or draw, there are physical textures layers of medium, included the canvas.   The Canvas makes the biggest difference.   

If you wanted to see the mona lisa without electricity you could, not sure the same can be said about digital art.

I say this knowing I have priceless photos in my hard drive that can disappear any day

mushroom slice

« Reply #7202 on: November 16, 2021, 12:36:09 PM »
Soon it won’t matter if it’s made of a canvas or ones and zeros. We will plug in(if we aren’t already) and it It will be indistinguishable to tell the difference between the two. Augmented reality —> virtual Reality—>our future virtual prison designed for you by algorithms from your Instagram account. We will become the batteries of the machines. Just like the matrix. The more you play with your phone the more it wants you to play with it. You are a slave to your phone. We all are at this point. If it dies you are for sure trying to plug it back in ASAP. You know the deal. Your phone is the boss.

exlurker

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 558
« Reply #7203 on: November 16, 2021, 12:44:19 PM »
I love that so many antivaxx talking points boil down to "but like, how can scientists ever really know anything, man???"

humanity is doomed.

Abyss1

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #7204 on: November 16, 2021, 12:54:12 PM »
Soon it won’t matter if it’s made of a canvas or ones and zeros. We will plug in(if we aren’t already) and it It will be indistinguishable to tell the difference between the two. Augmented reality —> virtual Reality—>our future virtual prison designed for you by algorithms from your Instagram account. We will become the batteries of the machines. Just like the matrix. The more you play with your phone the more it wants you to play with it. You are a slave to your phone. We all are at this point. If it dies you are for sure trying to plug it back in ASAP. You know the deal. Your phone is the boss.

the cost of electricity is not getting any cheaper, not everyone will be able to afford to make art using computers.

The whole matrix thing is more of a thought experiment than actually happening.  AR and VR are quite a ways out from being widely adopted tools for capitalism.  people (in the US Mainly) have more addiction to actual guns and MMA than video games and computers

burm

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 139
« Reply #7205 on: November 16, 2021, 01:05:18 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
D Way posted it but Hosoi, Tommy G, Kareem, and Elissa are all apart of this NFT nonsense.

[close]
Lol its depressing how many celebs/skaters have decided to cash in on NFTs. For those who aren't aware, NFTs are scams. You attach a crypto voucher to soulless, drag and drop 9th grade photoshop digital art, and then use it as either a pump and dump scam or as a way to launder money. NFTs arent just trash because the art is bad, the entire premise of them is bullshit and wastes resources. Sad to see even older pros stooping to what amounts to scamming
[close]

It’s hard to understand at this point, since the whole concept is so new, but I think of NFT’s as pieces of digital art. “Artists” create a one-of-a-kind piece of work and the value of that item is essentially agreed upon by the demand for it. Some random shitty little image from someone nobody has heard of won’t mean anything, but your favorite skater selling a unique one-off? $$$
Mike Mo talked about starting an NFT company with some other Crail dudes on his Bunt interview. They’re gonna call it ABD and sell skateboard memorabilia - unused angles from old videos and pieces of boards that bangers went down on. I’m no expert, but it seems like this is a topic you can only benefit from by learning about. No way working a regular job is enough for a good life anymore, you have to have some other source of income or some side-hustle. It’s not cool to be ignorant anymore.
[close]

Someone that knows better can correct me if I'm wrong, but this is my understanding:

NFTs are basically a kind of code that you can attach to a file to verify that is the original file of whatever. This makes sense if you're selling, say, tickets to a concert digitally and don't want to risk people copying files and therefore essentially stealing tickets. Or like e-gift certificates or something, stuff you can exchange for good and services in the real world. It seems like it would have a practical application from an IT/security application, behind the scenes code stuff that isn't very sexy or easily explained.

This is where the scam comes in: they're attaching it to images that anyone can "save as", and these images have no function in the real world (i.e. they're not tickets, receipts etc) or they function the same in the real world as they do on your computer: nobody is stopping you from printing out a JPEG, and viewing a JPEG on your screen vs on a piece of paper doesn't change anything about the image. The experience you receive by "buying" the NFT is the exact same experience people that just view or save "your" JPEG have.

The whole point of buying art, or almost anything for that matter, is to own it. If I buy a car I own it, and I know when I leave to go to work, nobody else will be driving my car, cause I own it. What happens when you own the Dancing Kermit meme? Millions of other people are watching MY Dancing Kermit meme, for free! But I paid for it! Even though paying for it doesn't change anything and we're all viewing the same Muppet dancing gracefully to Dreams by Fleetwood Mac, you've gotten nothing out of it except a lighter wallet.
[close]

You can print it out and put it on your wall and watch it forever. Is that different from your argument? Now, you can add to that and say but there is a unique physical original, the rest are just copies. With digital art NFTs there is a unique original as well, it’s just digital instead of physical.

Paintings are easy to separate from digital, they have canvas and brush strokes and frames, physical qualities (you could of course consider forgeries that share the same physical qualities if you want) but what about photos for instance. Arto Saari sells photos he took in his web shop for like $100 or something, don’t recall exact price. Are you paying solely on the print quality there? Is it a $40 print in a $60 frame? He can print as many as he wants, so is that a scam? What if he sold the same photos as NFTs?

Surely there is a lot of opportunistic hustling going on with these lazy cartoon graphic celebrity NFTs and lazy lions or whatever, but what they are selling is a real thing and the market dictates the price. And the market is acting on FOMO and greed and bragging rights. But if I spit on a piece of paper and exclaim that this is a painting I’m selling for 1 million dollars, I wouldn’t consider that a scam but whoever bought it would be an idiot.

The market is still forming, there are a lot of people trying things and time will tell what will become of NFTs but I’m pretty confident most of this shit we’re seeing will fade out. But then again it’s very cheap to put it out so they don’t have to sell many or any to keep going.

One cool idea about NFT art I heard earlier was that since you have a perfect record (or a ledger) of the transactions on the item and it’s movements you could for instance make it so that the artist gets a cut of each sale made for the item, for eternity. So for instance if some rich bored collectors start swinging their dicks at an auction it not just another rich bored collector who benefits but also the artist themselves.
[close]

A digital copy is not real, its coded electrons, ones and zeros that represent bits.

When you physically paint or draw, there are physical textures layers of medium, included the canvas.   The Canvas makes the biggest difference.   

If you wanted to see the mona lisa without electricity you could, not sure the same can be said about digital art.

I say this knowing I have priceless photos in my hard drive that can disappear any day

I’m not sure what your argument actually is here in regards to NFTs? That they shouldn’t be sold since they are not physical? By your logic money isn’t real either since it’s not based on gold any more so it shouldn’t matter what people spend it on.

Digital art or digital assets have been around before NFTs as well so only focusing on paintings on canvas is in my opinion an unnecessarily limited perpective.
take what small comfort there may be left
seize what you love and damn all the rest

mushroom slice

« Reply #7206 on: November 16, 2021, 01:10:26 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

the cost of electricity is not getting any cheaper, not everyone will be able to afford to make art using computers.

The whole matrix thing is more of a thought experiment than actually happening.  AR and VR are quite a ways out from being widely adopted tools for capitalism.  people (in the US Mainly) have more addiction to actual guns and MMA than video games and computers
Bro
Everyone everywhere is addicted to their phone.
You are petting it right now. Making sure it’s ok. Safe in your pocket. Can’t wait to get plugged in.

ShyLow

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 57
« Reply #7207 on: November 16, 2021, 01:56:55 PM »
What's up with Fred Gall's insta stories? A bunch of get rich quick nonsense tagging some guy. Fucking weird.

Abyss1

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #7208 on: November 16, 2021, 02:20:06 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]
I’m not sure what your argument actually is here in regards to NFTs? That they shouldn’t be sold since they are not physical? By your logic money isn’t real either since it’s not based on gold any more so it shouldn’t matter what people spend it on.

Digital art or digital assets have been around before NFTs as well so only focusing on paintings on canvas is in my opinion an unnecessarily limited perpective.

My argument is that NFT isn't a physical product, its code, ones and zeros.  I love drum my machine but it aint a real set of drums.

Money gets printed in the US because it doesn't matter if the US is in debt to itself, and we the only ones who have to pay it back (or not, which is done in case of war).  we got rid of the gold standard because stocks work better for capitalism and inflation

Landmine

• Rep: 185
« Reply #7209 on: November 16, 2021, 02:45:15 PM »
You don't own the art with an NFT purchase.  You own the receipt saying you bought the art.  The receipt lives in the mythical blockchain, and as long as it's agreed on as valid it has value (whatever that value actually IS is debatable).  But there's literally nothing tangible, and anyone can right-click-save-as on the art and do whatever they want with it.

I wish I got in on this scam a long time ago so I could retire off the gullible hype beasts.

Huell Howser

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 258
« Reply #7210 on: November 16, 2021, 02:55:16 PM »
it's so whacky when you go on ig and see people starting to use the cheesy animal NFT's as their profile pics lol

manysnakes

« Reply #7211 on: November 16, 2021, 03:15:11 PM »
You don't own the art with an NFT purchase.  You own the receipt saying you bought the art.  The receipt lives in the mythical blockchain, and as long as it's agreed on as valid it has value (whatever that value actually IS is debatable).  But there's literally nothing tangible, and anyone can right-click-save-as on the art and do whatever they want with it.

I wish I got in on this scam a long time ago so I could retire off the gullible hype beasts.

I don’t know man, it seems like every week there’s a new NFT scam, so I don’t think it’s too late to rook these bozos

conqueso

« Reply #7212 on: November 16, 2021, 03:40:00 PM »

this is pretty on point.  basically a scheme/hustle for rich kids who made their money off it before you even heard of it. now that the hype train is riding they are cashing in on rich people or celeb's who believe they are "investing". 

SatanicPanic

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 209
« Reply #7213 on: November 16, 2021, 03:54:48 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Not really a pro but pros like PJ and Duffy are commenting. Cringe.

[close]

"I just wanted a large pepperoni?"
[close]

lol damn PJ Ladd and Pat Duffy both morons, kinda doesnt surprise me though
[close]
the best part about this is they never said if you got vaccinated then you couldnt get covid
[close]

Yeah, I don't know where this got started. I've asked a few people to point me to a news source which stated that you could never get Covid after the vaccination, but it seems like when people say "they said" what they mean is that they either inferred this or maybe they did read it from some random person on Facebook who also didn't know what they were talking about.
[close]

The head of the CDC and Biden have both made these claims.

Here's Walensky

Here's the fact check on it
https://www.nytimes.com/2021/04/01/health/coronavirus-vaccine-walensky.html

Biden

And the fact check. Biden went even further with his claims.
https://www.newsweek.com/fact-check-joe-biden-spread-misinformation-covid-vaccines-1612181
"The president said there is a pandemic for those who are not vaccinated against COVID. He went on to claim: "If you're vaccinated, you're not going to be hospitalized, you're not going to be in an ICU unit, and you are not going to die." Biden also said:  "You're not going to get COVID if you have these vaccinations."
[close]
You’re right, Joe Biden fucked up. I’d never heard anyone else make this claim - the CDC definitely didn’t- so I assumed no one was out there making it.

But here’s the thing for the rest of us- anti-vaxx people insist on a standard that they refuse to hold themselves to. We fuck up once or twice and we never hear the end of it. Some anti-vaxxer claims the vaccine magnetizes people, or that it causes people to shed viruses or that it gives you “the mark of the beast” and no anti-vaxxer says a word. Because they’re all full of shit.
[close]

The director of the CDC made the same claim. It’s in the video in the post along with The New York Times fact check of it. She also said that vaccinated people couldn’t spread the virus.

https://amp.cnn.com/cnn/2021/05/21/politics/walensky-comments-cdc-guidance-fact-check/index.html

“Walensky told a Senate committee Wednesday that data now shows fully vaccinated individuals can't pass Covid-19 to other people.

"Data have emerged again that [demonstrate] that even if you were to get infected during post vaccination that you can't give it to anyone else," Walensky said in response to a question about the new CDC guidance for vaccinated people and masks.”
Point to you for being right but this doesn’t mean Vinnie is any less of a dumbass.

burm

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 139
« Reply #7214 on: November 16, 2021, 10:47:31 PM »

You don’t own the art with a physical purchase either. You have a reproduction of the artist’s idea, in a medium he chose, possibly made by themself, possibly not, and you can hang it on your wall, but the artist retains the copyrights and they can make as many copies just like it as they please and keep selling them.

You can argue that no two brush strokes are truly the same, and I can agree in principle, but then we are once again limiting the whole conversation to paintings again. No one is selling paintings as NFTs (at least in the scope of what we are talking about here).

If it’s too much of a stretch to label as art the pictures that the influencers are shilling, you can think of them as trading cards. You can go into a store and buy a pack of Pokemon cards, and each card in the pack cost you the same upon purchase, but the market places a different value on some of them based on rarity or some other aspects. This rarity is completely manufactured, they all come from the same factory and they could make as many as they want.

And sure, the Pokemon cards are still physical objects, but the object itself is a cheap piece of paper and there is nothing intrinsically different between the cheap card and the expensive card. And if you just like looking at them, you can take a photo or scan it and print your own. You can find them all online and print a whole set. Or if you just want to play with them you can write the stats on pieces of paper and use them instead.

Only when you want to trade them does it matter if you hold the real card or a selfmade one. And thats the deal with NFTs, sure you can take a screenshot and do with it what you will, but if you want to trade it you need the real thing. And whether or not the NFT you hold has value for other people is decided on the market. But if someone is saying that you should invest in this image of an early 2000s message board avatar because they will raise in value, then yeah that would be a bit scammy.
take what small comfort there may be left
seize what you love and damn all the rest

Hevonen

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 18
« Reply #7215 on: November 17, 2021, 01:59:58 AM »
I understand that a digital art piece can have value, but right now the people who say they're hyped on nfts, maybe 1% are actually hyped on the art while the rest are just saying so in hopes of making some money. And that's what makes it just scammy as fuck.

Also with digital art, you can copy it, and it's not just a copy, it's a clone. The only difference is that one guy has the receipt. I can understand paying directly to an artist for a copy, but don't get paying some completely random dude for it

Giza Butler

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 87
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #7216 on: November 17, 2021, 02:41:26 AM »
this whole crypto btc nft makes me feel old as fuck and at the same time more willing to save up to buy a farm somewhere as far as possible from society and disappear.
The '80s were the worst period. You had these horrible pop bands growing their hair and calling themselves metal.

Donkey Lips

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 988
« Reply #7217 on: November 17, 2021, 06:17:51 AM »

I have turned your comment into an NFT and I'm going to sell it on the borkchain muahaha.

HeavyAndExpensive

• Rep: 122
« Reply #7218 on: November 17, 2021, 07:21:31 AM »
Man people really took my painting comparison very literally and really missed the point. Now we’re discussing the nuances of art in its physical form, way to get into the weeds.

manysnakes

« Reply #7219 on: November 17, 2021, 07:35:25 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]
You don’t own the art with a physical purchase either. You have a reproduction of the artist’s idea, in a medium he chose, possibly made by themself, possibly not, and you can hang it on your wall, but the artist retains the copyrights and they can make as many copies just like it as they please and keep selling them.

You can argue that no two brush strokes are truly the same, and I can agree in principle, but then we are once again limiting the whole conversation to paintings again. No one is selling paintings as NFTs (at least in the scope of what we are talking about here).

If it’s too much of a stretch to label as art the pictures that the influencers are shilling, you can think of them as trading cards. You can go into a store and buy a pack of Pokemon cards, and each card in the pack cost you the same upon purchase, but the market places a different value on some of them based on rarity or some other aspects. This rarity is completely manufactured, they all come from the same factory and they could make as many as they want.

And sure, the Pokemon cards are still physical objects, but the object itself is a cheap piece of paper and there is nothing intrinsically different between the cheap card and the expensive card. And if you just like looking at them, you can take a photo or scan it and print your own. You can find them all online and print a whole set. Or if you just want to play with them you can write the stats on pieces of paper and use them instead.

Only when you want to trade them does it matter if you hold the real card or a selfmade one. And thats the deal with NFTs, sure you can take a screenshot and do with it what you will, but if you want to trade it you need the real thing. And whether or not the NFT you hold has value for other people is decided on the market. But if someone is saying that you should invest in this image of an early 2000s message board avatar because they will raise in value, then yeah that would be a bit scammy.

children international

cky enthusiast

« Reply #7220 on: November 17, 2021, 07:42:17 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

this is a lot of words to describe copyright law

PuffinMuffin

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1449
« Reply #7221 on: November 17, 2021, 07:45:10 AM »
Several NFT stock photography sites promised they'd be the future of stock photography. All of them fizzled out, the top earners are still Shutterstock and Adobe stock. I'm skeptical of the whole NFT craze, you'd think the one area in which they'd excel, they would. But nope, it's a convoluted mess dealing with those sites, believe me, I do metadata and sell other people's photography as a side gig. No designer wants to put themselves through that. And if the token is lost, you lose access to it forever. Seems counter-productive, or maybe I'm just getting old and out of touch.
i’m 80% skateboarder 20% atlantic puffin enthusiast

WavyDavy

• Rep: 128
« Reply #7222 on: November 17, 2021, 07:54:32 AM »
Are there any really interesting, groundbreaking nft art pieces or projects? i really havent heard of anything, just saw those weird copypaste meme monkeys and lions, maybe some pop culture related gifs or render art. for me it seems theres so much talk about the hype and how its the future, but theres no substance at all. where are those examples of art and artists? if the hype is just about some baby yoda/trump mashup then fuck this bullshit.
amd yes i know art is subjective and bla bla bla, but art should be something more than references for people who watch cartoons and memes all day.

DaleSr

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1384
« Reply #7223 on: November 17, 2021, 08:32:23 AM »
Also doesn't an nft take an absurd amount of energy? Like how all these people "farming" bitcoin are creating these huge warehouses that exacerbate climate change by consuming energy at an obscene rate and releasing insane amounts of carbon? Maybe the luddites had the right idea

bugtown

• Rep: 47
« Reply #7224 on: November 17, 2021, 09:11:42 AM »

The above also fails to mention the huge resources required to mint certain NFT's.

99.9% of NFT's are now a pump and dump scheme leaving the final rubes with the hot potato of a worthless blockchain signature they may have spent thousands of dollars on. I'm stoked for digital artists who have managed to make a nice return from their fans but why are these crypto bros so eager to turn the internet and these new technologies into some hypercapitalist libertarian hellscape?

WavyDavy

• Rep: 128
« Reply #7225 on: November 17, 2021, 09:17:45 AM »
Also doesn't an nft take an absurd amount of energy? Like how all these people "farming" bitcoin are creating these huge warehouses that exacerbate climate change by consuming energy at an obscene rate and releasing insane amounts of carbon? Maybe the luddites had the right idea

Yeah, it's really bad for the environment, just like cryptofarming an Blockchain. I don't really get how people can support this when the world is on fire.

https://www.theverge.com/2021/3/15/22328203/nft-cryptoart-ethereum-blockchain-climate-change

manysnakes

« Reply #7226 on: November 17, 2021, 09:23:45 AM »
The funny thing to me about NFTs and the whole “Web 3” bullshit, as an old internet head who learned Gopher when he was 11, is that is does away completely with the “spirit” of the internet as was presented to us at the beginning. It’s squaring the circle of art and culture being set free to be enjoyed and appreciated by all of humanity, back to a capitalist dystopia where a financialized few can maintain endless control.

NFTs also, maybe more than anything in recent history, dispel with the notion that the west any longer has a productive economy. Just scam after scam after scam, nothing of material value or real merit being created, nothing to benefit humans. Little algorithmically generated animal comics created just to burn some co2 and say that we did it because we could.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2021, 10:45:55 AM by manysnakes »

Francis Xavier

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2301
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #7227 on: November 17, 2021, 10:28:44 AM »
 NFTs and bitcoin to me are only useful if I got sucked into a Tron type video game, and wanted some dope lit up leathers and a halo with all my money filed away on it like a flash drive.

Damn I left my bubbler at my parents house

letsdancebro

• Rep: -5
« Reply #7228 on: November 17, 2021, 10:42:05 AM »
real shit i can run a crypto pyramid quick with this as the base level, i got tentacles in mad forums. need 5-10 people here to start, under 100 not worth return. after 4 wedsite groups pull it. scammers b lettin u think ur in on a scam like this post but i not scammin, fun expiremint.

always put ur btc into xmr after a scam

someone should start a scam thread

tortfeasor

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 341
« Reply #7229 on: November 17, 2021, 10:42:10 AM »

I have turned your comment into an NFT and I'm going to sell it on the borkchain muahaha.

nice ill be adding this to the meta-NFT set ive been making that im going to sell on meta.
more heaven-cruise than hell-ride.