Author Topic: lame instagram posts by pros  (Read 1487224 times)

Tarquin, your mom (+ 2 Hidden) and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

Abyss1

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 152
Re: lame instagram posts by pros
« Reply #7170 on: November 15, 2021, 10:55:45 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Imagine being 60 (I googled it) years old, old enough to be a grandfather and possibly a great grandfather, and thinking it was righteous or noble to pick a fight with a 28 year old, online, like a man.
Instead of ever looking inward in a sense of self reflection and possibly growing as a human, Dwayne just points fingers at all the people in society that don't conform to his beliefs.
VERY PUNK
ps lizzy  is and was and will be light years better at riding a skateboard than Dwayne ever was or thought he was.
[close]

At the end of the day, he’s just another boomer who has had his brain broken by the Internet
[close]

My parents are the same, my ma told me Michelle Obama is "a man" and that coastal elites drink adrenochrome. We've argued about shit like this for hours. They won't budge an inch. It's really frustrating. There's no saving someone when they're this far gone.
[close]
Fuck Duane. Fuck the idea that being punk is being the most horrid traditionalist ever. He might as well go on TV with Jerry Falwell and preach good ol' suburban values and try to keep all the women in the kitchen.
[close]

Almost like the suburban California “punk rock values” were never that different from the rest of the values of suburban California, in the first place.

being black growing up in the 80-90s, I always attributed punk rock to skin head neo nazis.  the first punk rock music I listed to was straight edge vegan punk, that was eye opening

rawbertson.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 709
  • yo yo, yo yo yo yo
    • my youtube avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #7171 on: November 15, 2021, 11:35:05 AM »
Expand Quote
Not really a pro but pros like PJ and Duffy are commenting. Cringe.

[close]

"I just wanted a large pepperoni?"

lol damn PJ Ladd and Pat Duffy both morons, kinda doesnt surprise me though

thebacker

« Reply #7172 on: November 15, 2021, 11:40:47 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

the best part about this is they never said if you got vaccinated then you couldnt get covid

rawbertson.

• SLAP Pal
  • yo yo, yo yo yo yo
« Reply #7173 on: November 15, 2021, 11:43:58 AM »
the "How could you possibly know this" part is dumb because they have done trillions of tests on the shit... then some guy chirps in and says "YEAH WELL then all of a sudden you hear about something else they didnt find!" lol no, not really m8 that is not an accurate representation of whats happened.

sus

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 381
« Reply #7174 on: November 15, 2021, 11:46:13 AM »
Expand Quote

Duane Peters was posting some digusting stuff about Lizzie. Calling her a man/hermaphrodite, ugly, that she has an adam’s apple, has tennisballs in her pants, calls Axl the girl  etc.

He deleted some … but has some shit up still.

That some people defend this guy in the comments is unbelievable…
[close]

Absolutely pathetic.  And of course Weckingball likes it

wouldn't be shocked if DP was deep in the Q  given all of the braindead shit he posts

manysnakes

« Reply #7175 on: November 15, 2021, 11:57:14 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]
the best part about this is they never said if you got vaccinated then you couldnt get covid

Yeah, I don't know where this got started. I've asked a few people to point me to a news source which stated that you could never get Covid after the vaccination, but it seems like when people say "they said" what they mean is that they either inferred this or maybe they did read it from some random person on Facebook who also didn't know what they were talking about.

Beeda Weeda

« Reply #7176 on: November 15, 2021, 11:57:41 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

Too many dudes wo want to "be the hero of your own movie"

Think for yourself, aka, whatever your favourite youtuber tells you to do.

SatanicPanic

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 209
« Reply #7177 on: November 15, 2021, 12:00:21 PM »
These people are just haters, if you’re doing well and having a good life in some way they don’t approve of- Lizzie and Axel definitely seem like they are- they’ll hate you. Envy and hate is all they feel

DISTANT RUMOURS

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 410
« Reply #7178 on: November 15, 2021, 03:12:59 PM »
Expand Quote
That's like a major conspiracy theory 'one-down', claiming celebrities are trans now instead of reptilians. He's homophobic tho so maybe trans and queer people are scarier to him than lizards.
[close]

Indeed. I've spent more time reading about this than I should admit publicly, but my research yields this one for the Slap crowd (which I fully expect to see on Asphalt Poser's Club by next week).

Ok, this is batshit crazy

Not_Bruce

• Rep: -53
« Reply #7179 on: November 15, 2021, 07:55:42 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
That's like a major conspiracy theory 'one-down', claiming celebrities are trans now instead of reptilians. He's homophobic tho so maybe trans and queer people are scarier to him than lizards.
[close]

Indeed. I've spent more time reading about this than I should admit publicly, but my research yields this one for the Slap crowd (which I fully expect to see on Asphalt Poser's Club by next week).

[close]

Ok, this is batshit crazy

Methamphetamine induced drievel and insanity.
DP burnt out like p2p heads at 711.

pugmaster

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1702
  • Overweight and Underprepared
« Reply #7180 on: November 15, 2021, 08:46:08 PM »
DP is the only person on the planet that can read and comprehend strigoli intuitively. Interestingly, he cannot read any other language, including English.  That said, his strigoli reading comprehension is at the 2nd grade level.
"...We got the nuclear worm over here..."

Never forget:
Rusty_Berrings, 360 frip, Yapple Dapple, Bubblegum Tate

Sick Duck

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 100
« Reply #7181 on: November 15, 2021, 09:07:01 PM »
Who do you think actually made those pictures? Because i would bet anything it wasn’t him

friendly dave

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 745
  • grinding to a halt
    • grindingtoahalt avatar image
« Reply #7182 on: November 15, 2021, 11:27:35 PM »
D Way posted it but Hosoi, Tommy G, Kareem, and Elissa are all apart of this NFT nonsense.

Because you can't kill and idea, and we will not be ruled!

the visuals are also mad visual yo
FTW

jojorabbi

• Rep: 0
« Reply #7183 on: November 16, 2021, 12:20:58 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]
[close]

Yeah, I don't know where this got started. I've asked a few people to point me to a news source which stated that you could never get Covid after the vaccination, but it seems like when people say "they said" what they mean is that they either inferred this or maybe they did read it from some random person on Facebook who also didn't know what they were talking about.

The head of the CDC and Biden have both made these claims.

Here's Walensky

Here's the fact check on it
https://www.nytimes.com/2021/04/01/health/coronavirus-vaccine-walensky.html

Biden

And the fact check. Biden went even further with his claims.
https://www.newsweek.com/fact-check-joe-biden-spread-misinformation-covid-vaccines-1612181
"The president said there is a pandemic for those who are not vaccinated against COVID. He went on to claim: "If you're vaccinated, you're not going to be hospitalized, you're not going to be in an ICU unit, and you are not going to die." Biden also said:  "You're not going to get COVID if you have these vaccinations."

splog

• Rep: -4
« Reply #7184 on: November 16, 2021, 02:07:49 AM »
D Way posted it but Hosoi, Tommy G, Kareem, and Elissa are all apart of this NFT nonsense.

Lol its depressing how many celebs/skaters have decided to cash in on NFTs. For those who aren't aware, NFTs are scams. You attach a crypto voucher to soulless, drag and drop 9th grade photoshop digital art, and then use it as either a pump and dump scam or as a way to launder money. NFTs arent just trash because the art is bad, the entire premise of them is bullshit and wastes resources. Sad to see even older pros stooping to what amounts to scamming

work_lurker

• Rep: 107
  • I've never had a shaved head in my entire life
« Reply #7185 on: November 16, 2021, 08:19:50 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]
Lol its depressing how many celebs/skaters have decided to cash in on NFTs. For those who aren't aware, NFTs are scams. You attach a crypto voucher to soulless, drag and drop 9th grade photoshop digital art, and then use it as either a pump and dump scam or as a way to launder money. NFTs arent just trash because the art is bad, the entire premise of them is bullshit and wastes resources. Sad to see even older pros stooping to what amounts to scamming

It’s hard to understand at this point, since the whole concept is so new, but I think of NFT’s as pieces of digital art. “Artists” create a one-of-a-kind piece of work and the value of that item is essentially agreed upon by the demand for it. Some random shitty little image from someone nobody has heard of won’t mean anything, but your favorite skater selling a unique one-off? $$$
Mike Mo talked about starting an NFT company with some other Crail dudes on his Bunt interview. They’re gonna call it ABD and sell skateboard memorabilia - unused angles from old videos and pieces of boards that bangers went down on. I’m no expert, but it seems like this is a topic you can only benefit from by learning about. No way working a regular job is enough for a good life anymore, you have to have some other source of income or some side-hustle. It’s not cool to be ignorant anymore.
Hopefully not a kook, but if so, fuck it.

HeavyAndExpensive

• Rep: 122
« Reply #7186 on: November 16, 2021, 08:46:01 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]

It’s hard to understand at this point, since the whole concept is so new, but I think of NFT’s as pieces of digital art. “Artists” create a one-of-a-kind piece of work and the value of that item is essentially agreed upon by the demand for it. Some random shitty little image from someone nobody has heard of won’t mean anything, but your favorite skater selling a unique one-off? $$$
Mike Mo talked about starting an NFT company with some other Crail dudes on his Bunt interview. They’re gonna call it ABD and sell skateboard memorabilia - unused angles from old videos and pieces of boards that bangers went down on. I’m no expert, but it seems like this is a topic you can only benefit from by learning about. No way working a regular job is enough for a good life anymore, you have to have some other source of income or some side-hustle. It’s not cool to be ignorant anymore.

Someone that knows better can correct me if I'm wrong, but this is my understanding:

NFTs are basically a kind of code that you can attach to a file to verify that is the original file of whatever. This makes sense if you're selling, say, tickets to a concert digitally and don't want to risk people copying files and therefore essentially stealing tickets. Or like e-gift certificates or something, stuff you can exchange for good and services in the real world. It seems like it would have a practical application from an IT/security application, behind the scenes code stuff that isn't very sexy or easily explained.

This is where the scam comes in: they're attaching it to images that anyone can "save as", and these images have no function in the real world (i.e. they're not tickets, receipts etc) or they function the same in the real world as they do on your computer: nobody is stopping you from printing out a JPEG, and viewing a JPEG on your screen vs on a piece of paper doesn't change anything about the image. The experience you receive by "buying" the NFT is the exact same experience people that just view or save "your" JPEG have.

The whole point of buying art, or almost anything for that matter, is to own it. If I buy a car I own it, and I know when I leave to go to work, nobody else will be driving my car, cause I own it. What happens when you own the Dancing Kermit meme? Millions of other people are watching MY Dancing Kermit meme, for free! But I paid for it! Even though paying for it doesn't change anything and we're all viewing the same Muppet dancing gracefully to Dreams by Fleetwood Mac, you've gotten nothing out of it except a lighter wallet.

BinkyConklinFan

• Rep: 4
« Reply #7187 on: November 16, 2021, 08:56:17 AM »
I got an even more brief summary I heard from a friend about NFTs such as this.

"The art NFT thing is just representative of the space on the blockchain. You have the art, but more importantly the space on the blockchain."

Also:

"But really someone famous selling an NFT just means their career is probably over, whatever it may be."

RCB3

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 432
« Reply #7188 on: November 16, 2021, 09:18:20 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

A blanket statement like this is so stupid. As with anything there are of course scams, but NFT's as a whole can help a ton in real world cases. You can say the art side is a scam if you want, but they will be used for things like real estate to verify irrefutable ownership of property, which can cut out useless paperwork, possibility for forgery, and reduce tons of wasted time and money, which also can spill over to any sort of legal documents in any other field. They can be used to buy concert or venue tickets, again cutting out wasted money on fees and ability for forgery. It also has the possibility to completely change the music industry with musicians being able to cut out middlemen is producing their own content and having a more direct relationship with fans who can invest in their success. I think with most new technologies the shit will get weeded out with time and the real use cases will become evident, but dropping these uneducated statements just shows your incompetence in understanding a subject and making fast judgements without actual research into a topic.

Irvine-Sucks.com

Lukabrazi

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 157
« Reply #7189 on: November 16, 2021, 09:27:14 AM »
Our boy Fred gall out here peddling get rich quick schemes in his story. Looks fucked up in the first video , could that be some older shit someone who hacked his account had ?

Edit : now seeing the main thread . Def a hacking incident

Mike Oxwelling

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 30
« Reply #7190 on: November 16, 2021, 09:41:29 AM »
Duane Peters is out here calling a dude a girl when he literally put on a too-too and skated around in an ice capade type show.   Must have missed his ivermectin dose.

SatanicPanic

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 209
« Reply #7191 on: November 16, 2021, 09:50:15 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]

Here's Walensky

Biden

https://www.newsweek.com/fact-check-joe-biden-spread-misinformation-covid-vaccines-1612181
"The president said there is a pandemic for those who are not vaccinated against COVID. He went on to claim: "If you're vaccinated, you're not going to be hospitalized, you're not going to be in an ICU unit, and you are not going to die." Biden also said:  "You're not going to get COVID if you have these vaccinations."
You’re right, Joe Biden fucked up. I’d never heard anyone else make this claim - the CDC definitely didn’t- so I assumed no one was out there making it.

But here’s the thing for the rest of us- anti-vaxx people insist on a standard that they refuse to hold themselves to. We fuck up once or twice and we never hear the end of it. Some anti-vaxxer claims the vaccine magnetizes people, or that it causes people to shed viruses or that it gives you “the mark of the beast” and no anti-vaxxer says a word. Because they’re all full of shit.

jojorabbi

« Reply #7192 on: November 16, 2021, 10:13:53 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]

Here's Walensky

Biden

[close]
You’re right, Joe Biden fucked up. I’d never heard anyone else make this claim - the CDC definitely didn’t- so I assumed no one was out there making it.

But here’s the thing for the rest of us- anti-vaxx people insist on a standard that they refuse to hold themselves to. We fuck up once or twice and we never hear the end of it. Some anti-vaxxer claims the vaccine magnetizes people, or that it causes people to shed viruses or that it gives you “the mark of the beast” and no anti-vaxxer says a word. Because they’re all full of shit.

The director of the CDC made the same claim. It’s in the video in the post along with The New York Times fact check of it. She also said that vaccinated people couldn’t spread the virus.

https://amp.cnn.com/cnn/2021/05/21/politics/walensky-comments-cdc-guidance-fact-check/index.html

“Walensky told a Senate committee Wednesday that data now shows fully vaccinated individuals can't pass Covid-19 to other people.

"Data have emerged again that [demonstrate] that even if you were to get infected during post vaccination that you can't give it to anyone else," Walensky said in response to a question about the new CDC guidance for vaccinated people and masks.”

Abyss1

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 152
« Reply #7193 on: November 16, 2021, 10:22:24 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]

[close]

Someone that knows better can correct me if I'm wrong, but this is my understanding:

NFTs are basically a kind of code that you can attach to a file to verify that is the original file of whatever. This makes sense if you're selling, say, tickets to a concert digitally and don't want to risk people copying files and therefore essentially stealing tickets. Or like e-gift certificates or something, stuff you can exchange for good and services in the real world. It seems like it would have a practical application from an IT/security application, behind the scenes code stuff that isn't very sexy or easily explained.

This is where the scam comes in: they're attaching it to images that anyone can "save as", and these images have no function in the real world (i.e. they're not tickets, receipts etc) or they function the same in the real world as they do on your computer: nobody is stopping you from printing out a JPEG, and viewing a JPEG on your screen vs on a piece of paper doesn't change anything about the image. The experience you receive by "buying" the NFT is the exact same experience people that just view or save "your" JPEG have.

The whole point of buying art, or almost anything for that matter, is to own it. If I buy a car I own it, and I know when I leave to go to work, nobody else will be driving my car, cause I own it. What happens when you own the Dancing Kermit meme? Millions of other people are watching MY Dancing Kermit meme, for free! But I paid for it! Even though paying for it doesn't change anything and we're all viewing the same Muppet dancing gracefully to Dreams by Fleetwood Mac, you've gotten nothing out of it except a lighter wallet.

Its the digital source key they is the scam NFTs are selling.  Its like the Avon ladies for boomers, the latest pyramid hustle for GenZ

I would argue that the whole point of art is to beautify the world. The appeal is its impermanence, paint fades, sculptures erode,  the fact that people see art as something to hold on to forever in their personal vaults is kind of gross   

Mike Oxwelling

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 30
« Reply #7194 on: November 16, 2021, 10:40:23 AM »
@jojorabbi The previous goon said the shit would just go away by spring.   We're in year two of this.   

The vaccine wasn't desinged for the delta variant.   Which the data shows is what a vaccinated person is capable of spreading.

Its worked this way for years with influenza.   They make a cocktail of the most prevalent strains they predict will be super infectious that year and you get a booster.

The current covid vaccine still has some efficacy toward the delta variant but nothing like its efficacy against the OG strain.

So yeah, some folks got a little too salesperson like....in the interest of not wanting people to die.   A lot better than Trumpf pushing COMPLETELY basis cures that have indeed killed people because ...again the Cheetoh was out there playing doctor when the dude doesn't even know what the definition of dosage is let alone suggest WTF that amount would have been.

burm

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 139
« Reply #7195 on: November 16, 2021, 10:58:56 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]

[close]

This is the Mona Lisa, yes or no?

You can print it out and put it on your wall and watch it forever. Is that different from your argument? Now, you can add to that and say but there is a unique physical original, the rest are just copies. With digital art NFTs there is a unique original as well, it’s just digital instead of physical.

Paintings are easy to separate from digital, they have canvas and brush strokes and frames, physical qualities (you could of course consider forgeries that share the same physical qualities if you want) but what about photos for instance. Arto Saari sells photos he took in his web shop for like $100 or something, don’t recall exact price. Are you paying solely on the print quality there? Is it a $40 print in a $60 frame? He can print as many as he wants, so is that a scam? What if he sold the same photos as NFTs?

Surely there is a lot of opportunistic hustling going on with these lazy cartoon graphic celebrity NFTs and lazy lions or whatever, but what they are selling is a real thing and the market dictates the price. And the market is acting on FOMO and greed and bragging rights. But if I spit on a piece of paper and exclaim that this is a painting I’m selling for 1 million dollars, I wouldn’t consider that a scam but whoever bought it would be an idiot.

The market is still forming, there are a lot of people trying things and time will tell what will become of NFTs but I’m pretty confident most of this shit we’re seeing will fade out. But then again it’s very cheap to put it out so they don’t have to sell many or any to keep going.

One cool idea about NFT art I heard earlier was that since you have a perfect record (or a ledger) of the transactions on the item and it’s movements you could for instance make it so that the artist gets a cut of each sale made for the item, for eternity. So for instance if some rich bored collectors start swinging their dicks at an auction it not just another rich bored collector who benefits but also the artist themselves.
take what small comfort there may be left
seize what you love and damn all the rest

jojorabbi

« Reply #7196 on: November 16, 2021, 11:09:37 AM »
@jojorabbi The previous goon said the shit would just go away by spring.   We're in year two of this.   

The vaccine wasn't desinged for the delta variant.   Which the data shows is what a vaccinated person is capable of spreading.

Biden says in the town hall meeting that the vaccines protect against the delta variant and that you can’t get it if you are vaccinated (9:05 in the video).

So yeah, some folks got a little too salesperson like

These not just “some folks.” It’s the president of the United States and the director of the Center for Disease Control. And it’s not just “a little too salesperson like.” According to the fact checks they were spreading misinformation.

If people want to talk shit on pros and call them amateur virologists, and that no one ever said the vaccines prevent infection, etc. they should be aware of the facts.

Still waiting for @manysnakes to chime in as he asked for sources.

rawbertson.

• SLAP Pal
  • yo yo, yo yo yo yo
« Reply #7197 on: November 16, 2021, 11:14:14 AM »
so do you think that thousands of scientists are going to work every day to produce something that is meant to hurt you?

Beeda Weeda

« Reply #7198 on: November 16, 2021, 11:27:56 AM »
in Canada, the media that I consume. NOBODY. I mean nobody said it would 100% keep you from contracting covid. Its always been my understanding that it greatly protected me from contracting and spreading and from having severe symptoms. I don't really consume american media and its unfortunate Joe Biden and RW got ahead of themselves like that.
I have been 2x vax for 4-5 months now and I still wear a mask inside public businesses and I pick and choose the places that I go. (its mandated here, if it wasn't I still would wear the mask). I don't mind being slightly cautious for the well being of my friends and family.

letsdancebro

• Rep: -5
« Reply #7199 on: November 16, 2021, 11:47:33 AM »
nft's are what i like to call a pyramid laundry you just need a few people in on it to , kinda like altcoins but you can control it better. its pretty simple.

n stop all that vax news source shit just say how u feel, idk if you can here though, just get it or dont stop spammin sources no one cares about, goes for both sides