Author Topic: new greco film..... [coming soon]  (Read 27890 times)

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 159
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
Re: new greco film..... [coming soon]
« Reply #120 on: September 28, 2018, 12:24:51 AM »
- that slam was fucked, could have easily ended his career
- penny footage
- we all know his waifu should have been JK in cosplay
- nosepick on the fridge was dope
- I'm seriously concerned about Grec's mental health
- No boots in slow mo?
« Last Edit: September 28, 2018, 12:28:06 AM by Gay Imp Sausage Metal »

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

anon

• Rep: 54
« Reply #121 on: September 28, 2018, 12:47:06 AM »

meadowsoprano

• Rep: -4
« Reply #122 on: September 28, 2018, 12:59:14 AM »
Shit.

peacepappies

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -98
  • tae-tae
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #123 on: September 28, 2018, 02:45:34 AM »
so good. last year the video he came out with was one of my favs because it was not like anything else, this will feel like the same. The nosepick in his house on the fridge was dope!
ohyeahohyeah

nopes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 85
  • Bob loseedo wears a speedo
« Reply #124 on: September 28, 2018, 04:13:39 AM »
Question: A new up and coming skater couldn't get traction with content like this could they?

It's all about personality and charisma so yes a new guy could pull it off if he has those.

brucewillis

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 35
  • Die Hard. www.casualskateshop.com.br
« Reply #125 on: September 28, 2018, 05:24:35 AM »
More skateboarding less art..
I do think we really need more art on skateboarding. The videos we're watching are so saturated and bland. Jim is really making something new, something fresh. But yeah i feel what you're saying. But this was way better than Ty evans flat earth.

givecigstosurfgroms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -958
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #126 on: September 28, 2018, 05:49:57 AM »
The only thing I couldn't get with was the one hole in his shirt that he made to show his tattoo thru.  Defenetly seemed intentional, which puts a sour taste on it for me.  Weird Clark Kent vibe.
"I just care about the river, I dont care about your back"

Francis Xavier

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2277
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #127 on: September 28, 2018, 05:58:04 AM »
The only thing I couldn't get with was the one hole in his shirt that he made to show his tattoo thru.  Defenetly seemed intentional, which puts a sour taste on it for me.  Weird Clark Kent vibe.
Maybe hearts and hammers tattered wear is coming back

Damn I left my bubbler at my parents house

CRAILFISH TO REVERT

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 506
« Reply #128 on: September 28, 2018, 07:53:13 AM »
I grew up with the films that this is inspired by, so when I watch this it seems unoriginal, flat, and other than the skate footage [which is great] completely without any real substance. That said, in comparison to the business and company thing this is a fucking masterpiece.

Sick Duck

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 93
« Reply #129 on: September 28, 2018, 09:03:52 AM »
I grew up with the films that this is inspired by, so when I watch this it seems unoriginal, flat, and other than the skate footage [which is great] completely without any real substance. That said, in comparison to the business and company thing this is a fucking masterpiece.
same, just doesn't do it for me. Still worth watching for the skate footage and I gotta hand it to him for taking his career in a new direction that isn't totally lame

Watson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2276
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #130 on: September 28, 2018, 09:46:46 AM »
Can someone reup that brillitant fake Greco trailer with the voiceover? “A film by Jim Greco....written by Jim Greco...starring Jim Greco”

Everytime I post it up anywhere Greco gets it removed ahha. But I made this:

I love Greco. I celebrate the guy's entire catalogue.

WarmUpZone

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 470
  • I hope God makes you break your leg.
    • the Warm Up Zone - watching skate videos over and over avatar image
« Reply #131 on: September 28, 2018, 10:03:45 AM »
Pretty great. I liked Year 13 and whatever the other one was called, but Jobs? Never!! (other than the title) was easily the best. I hope Jim continues to make these every year or so. If everybody was making 20 minute edits it would be a nightmare, but since Jim is the only one it is a refreshing break from the deluge of one minute IG edits dropping constantly.

As a film school graduate I'm a little sad with that tiny bit of HD footage was thrown in towards the end. It just broke the visual consistency, although I imagine most folks wouldn't even notice something like that.
I like to imagine a print of this film being projected in 16mm.
Warm Up Zone. Let's watch some skateboarding videos.

Hideo Kojima

• Rep: -30
« Reply #132 on: September 28, 2018, 11:48:36 AM »
Greco is just hipster trash. He's just like all the other assholes that try to live in a time that was before they are born. Nice 70s car and threads bro. It's just skateboarding, not mean streets. Take some inspiration from eastern exposure zero. Im not saying he isnt talented. He just comes off as a pretentious tool and i cant even look at the guy without laughing. How many phases has this guy been through. I remember him saying he was never going to change his image again(He was in yet another Thunders phase at the time) in theskateboard mag back in the day.

Watson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2276
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #133 on: September 28, 2018, 11:55:09 AM »
Greco is just hipster trash. He's just like all the other assholes that try to live in a time that was before they are born. Nice 70s car and threads bro. It's just skateboarding, not mean streets. Take some inspiration from eastern exposure zero. Im not saying he isnt talented. He just comes off as a pretentious tool and i cant even look at the guy without laughing. How many phases has this guy been through. I remember him saying he was never going to change his image again(He was in yet another Thunders phase at the time) in theskateboard mag back in the day.

Taking inspiration from the 70s: Bad.

Taking inspiration from 1996: Ok.

Hideo Kojima

« Reply #134 on: September 28, 2018, 01:08:21 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I meant that he should just take a no bullshit approach to making a video. Instead he wants us to believe he's just as badass as a gangster, but he's just a pro skateboarder.

I sniff Jim Gagne's butthole all the time

• Rep: -156
« Reply #135 on: September 28, 2018, 01:22:38 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

I meant that he should just take a no bullshit approach to making a video. Instead he wants us to believe he's just as badass as a gangster, but he's just a pro skateboarder.
to be fair, john gotti never did shit down wilshire. sammy the bull can't sw fs flip on flat.

givecigstosurfgroms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -958
« Reply #136 on: September 28, 2018, 01:28:16 PM »
It's still in line with the Thunders thing.  Johnny emulated the mafia (cosa nostra)
"I just care about the river, I dont care about your back"

Hideo Kojima

« Reply #137 on: September 28, 2018, 01:42:40 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]
to be fair, john gotti never did shit down wilshire. sammy the bull can't sw fs flip on flat.

To be fair, they also didn't have a personality crisis (no pun intended ) 10X worse than a teenage girl. What happened to his neck tattoo?

shripshrapper

• Rep: -21
  • Shane Heyl 2020 #GOATPOTUS
« Reply #138 on: September 28, 2018, 01:50:29 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]
[close]

To be fair, they also didn't have a personality crisis (no pun intended ) 10X worse than a teenage girl. What happened to his neck tattoo?

Jim Wrecko was my favourite

Sick Duck

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 93
« Reply #139 on: September 28, 2018, 02:10:05 PM »
Lmao cops must have loved him

Allen.

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 744
    • Cigarettes for Cardio avatar image
« Reply #140 on: September 28, 2018, 02:21:04 PM »
This was fucking amazing.

That was a cortizone shot, yeah? I've gotten some of those in my ankle before. Hurts like a son of a bitch.

Who was that doing the slappy grind 360?
For someone w.no signature ur awfully hostile, & that is why I do this

snowman600

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 734
« Reply #141 on: September 28, 2018, 03:39:04 PM »
he really went full greco in this one. and it was AMAZING!

feedmeseymour

« Reply #142 on: September 28, 2018, 03:59:01 PM »
So is penny the only person in the world to get a pass for wearing a visor beanie?

Swithflip

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -748
« Reply #143 on: September 28, 2018, 04:20:17 PM »
That was beautiful..those shoes looks like Dylan Gravis.

chipped tail

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -42
« Reply #144 on: September 28, 2018, 05:09:46 PM »
he ate a pork chop. Im expecting that in every film now.

disintegration

• Rep: -115
« Reply #145 on: September 28, 2018, 05:14:42 PM »
So is penny the only person in the world to get a pass for wearing a visor beanie?

hahaha

Surf-goth

• Rep: -678
« Reply #146 on: September 28, 2018, 07:06:22 PM »
First off fuck the naysayers , this shit was awesome. Second I ask did he break sobriety? Him and his lady had a beer. Third , where can i get those shoes? They're sick.
Rest in peace Dick Dale.

ballintoohard

« Reply #147 on: September 28, 2018, 07:10:29 PM »
and people say Dill is narcissistic ....

I sniff Jim Gagne's butthole all the time

• Rep: -156
« Reply #148 on: September 28, 2018, 07:18:18 PM »
First off fuck the naysayers , this shit was awesome. Second I ask did he break sobriety? Him and his lady had a beer. Third , where can i get those shoes? They're sick.
that was root beer but what did they shoot in his ankle? 'in the bottom of every bottle of root beer, there's a syringe in it' -- jim greco.
the root beer was his trigger and next thing you know he's throwing himself offa cadillacs so the nurses will put fentanyl in his feet.
dill is a narcissist but he's not as good looking as gentleman jim greco.
dill is the kramer-esque quirky neighbor whiile greco is leading man material.

VHS ERA

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 211
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #149 on: September 28, 2018, 08:43:40 PM »
People taking themselves too seriously ranks high on things I hate but I’m a Baker fanboy so let’s see.

Just clicked play and that back lip on the car bail was HARSH. He took it like a G. Looked like he knew he was fucked but still barely flinched.