Author Topic: Dill on ADIDAS  (Read 36025 times)

MexicanSpaniard

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 694
  • S&H
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: Dill on ADIDAS
« Reply #150 on: October 29, 2018, 11:54:18 PM »
I still watch this fairly regularly:

classic gross

toque

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 123
    • Portmanteau avatar image
« Reply #151 on: October 30, 2018, 12:11:49 AM »
 Hah I gotta call bullshit on regularly throwing on the '84 freestyle clip.  Like you watch it to get psyched to go skate?

wheee!

Silky Johnson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1362
« Reply #152 on: October 30, 2018, 12:52:52 AM »
When's the last time Stan Smith got a clip?

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 186
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #153 on: October 30, 2018, 01:06:52 AM »
Hah I gotta call bullshit on regularly throwing on the '84 freestyle clip.  Like you watch it to get psyched to go skate?

sure I do, his flow is banging! who, even in 2018, is dropping 3+ minute lines?
I like his plan b vid parts too. Different strokes I guess? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

urbneathme

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 286
« Reply #154 on: October 30, 2018, 01:32:11 AM »
you ever think that dill's in his 40's and realized he isn't what he used to be? or like that he almost died and didn't quite get back to his physical peak? that maybe publically producing content that's far beneath the things you once did is depressing as hell? bc being great at something and watching that slip thru your hands bc of things out of your control is pretty fucking upsetting to me

Zurg

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 694
« Reply #155 on: October 30, 2018, 02:08:43 AM »
i feel like hes not too wrecked physically to skate. he had good stuff in that cinematographer alien section and then cherry. i guess his vans stuff wasnt amazing, but i feel like he could still put out some clips

FROTHY

« Reply #156 on: October 30, 2018, 08:14:58 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
On some level I know I'm wrong,  but I'd rather watch Dill rant with a half smoked joint in his hand than watch Daewon sit on a rolling chair or take his wheels off in the middle of tricks. Even if he's pound for pound one of the best skaters ever,  Daewon has always just seemed kinda gimmicky with his trick selection/style/whatever. Even back in the picnic table stacking days.  I'd rather have outsiders look at the industry and see FA stuff than a Daewon panty raid board...I don't really know where I'm going with this. 
[close]
woah, are you alright there bro? Might need to go to the doctor and see if you've got a fever
[close]
I think I'm alright.  Nobody else would back me up on Daewon being corny? Dude skated to The Killers or some shit right? c'mon.

I couldn't stand following Daewon on instagram. I don't feel like I'm seeing skateboarding. It's like watching some guy practice juggling on a unicycle. Like Dustin Dollin said about 3D skateboarding magazines, "Are you that bored of skateboarding?"

Love 90s and early 00 Daewon. Legendary. I was okay with the goofy basketball jersey wearing, Deca picnic table Daewon too.

MASTiF

« Reply #157 on: October 30, 2018, 11:36:41 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
On some level I know I'm wrong,  but I'd rather watch Dill rant with a half smoked joint in his hand than watch Daewon sit on a rolling chair or take his wheels off in the middle of tricks. Even if he's pound for pound one of the best skaters ever,  Daewon has always just seemed kinda gimmicky with his trick selection/style/whatever. Even back in the picnic table stacking days.  I'd rather have outsiders look at the industry and see FA stuff than a Daewon panty raid board...I don't really know where I'm going with this. 
[close]
woah, are you alright there bro? Might need to go to the doctor and see if you've got a fever
[close]
I think I'm alright.  Nobody else would back me up on Daewon being corny? Dude skated to The Killers or some shit right? c'mon.
Dae is pretty untouchable and a good role model.  That said, I agree he is turning into a viral video gimmick and the batman boards, Adidas shoes, and thank you release aren't helping.  I miss the cheese and crackers, the death defying table stacking, and the weird roof gaps.  Daewon was such an inspiration for my skating but I can't really knock him for his decisions.  Thank you being the exception
« Last Edit: October 30, 2018, 11:49:37 AM by MASTiF »

nopes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 85
  • Bob loseedo wears a speedo
« Reply #158 on: October 30, 2018, 12:07:35 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

sure I do, his flow is banging! who, even in 2018, is dropping 3+ minute lines?
I like his plan b vid parts too. Different strokes I guess? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

ryan lay and miles silvas

Allen.

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 751
    • Cigarettes for Cardio avatar image
« Reply #159 on: October 30, 2018, 01:08:43 PM »
Lines deal with pedestrians, obstacles, cracks/rocks and a distance travelled. What some are speaking of in this thread is a freestyle routine, not a fucking line.
For someone w.no signature ur awfully hostile, & that is why I do this

cheetahsheets

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -581
« Reply #160 on: October 30, 2018, 10:35:52 PM »

Bra that clip got me stoked to skate for so long. One of the best early Mullen clips. As dill once said, “if you can’t skate flat ground well, you are frankly not a good skateboarder”.

Big Cat Clan ain’t nothin to fuck with

“Big Money
Big Cars
We living like Superstars”
TK 3:16

shannamal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 353
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #161 on: June 10, 2019, 12:11:09 PM »

dill's still on, apparently

i don’t think any of you are real, i think slap was invented by my mom to make me think people want to talk to me

DCLOVE

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -514
« Reply #162 on: June 10, 2019, 12:18:59 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Bra that clip got me stoked to skate for so long. One of the best early Mullen clips. As dill once said, “if you can’t skate flat ground well, you are frankly not a good skateboarder”.

Well I’ve seen Nak-el skate flat and he fucking sucks and dill still put him on the team so obviously that statement means nothing.
PINE 2009, 2010, 2011, 2020, PINE STILL MAKIN' MONEY.

Ocelot

« Reply #163 on: June 10, 2019, 12:26:22 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Well I’ve seen Nak-el skate flat and he fucking sucks and dill still put him on the team so obviously that statement means nothing.

Nakel objectively sucks compared to the rest of the dudes he's on the team with

DanTheDoucher

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -195
« Reply #164 on: June 10, 2019, 12:34:21 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

Well he's probably over skating now anyways since he's a big time actor.
FUCK YOU
not stoked on orcas today. leave the whales alone. big ass black and white motherfuckers. free willy can suck my dick

Cool Ceith

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 628
  • Did someone say sassy?
« Reply #165 on: June 10, 2019, 12:56:50 PM »
He's got crooks and front shuvs on lock.

Still Tippin

• Rep: -33
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #166 on: June 10, 2019, 12:59:01 PM »
i call bs on that being dill kicking the ball around. strategic use of hoodie there, adidas

delaware county

• Rep: 24
    • www.kineticskateboarding.com avatar image
« Reply #167 on: June 10, 2019, 01:01:52 PM »
ONE WHEEL MANNY

FROTHY

« Reply #168 on: June 10, 2019, 01:08:25 PM »
1. I'm going to buy a freestyle setup because of that Mullen video
2. If you think dill can't chip a soccer ball ball into a goal from 20 yards, like it's some kind of impressive feat, you should have played some sports in high school.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2019, 05:17:30 PM by FROTHY »

Swithflip

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -749
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #169 on: June 10, 2019, 01:14:34 PM »
So Adidas has 2 Gonz.

MyUserName

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 178
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #170 on: June 10, 2019, 01:15:59 PM »
I completely forgot Dill was on Adidas.

Also, who cares.

FS-OverKOOK

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 45
« Reply #171 on: June 10, 2019, 01:16:07 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

you forgot rapper

Idk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 310
« Reply #172 on: June 10, 2019, 01:23:44 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]
you forgot rapper
Hey there now don’t go around saying mean things about rap. What did it do to you.

Cranberry Relish

• Rep: 29
« Reply #173 on: June 10, 2019, 01:24:50 PM »
Had no idea Dill was so good at soccer!

DanTheDoucher

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -195
« Reply #174 on: June 10, 2019, 01:26:35 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]
you forgot rapper

Oh yeah. How could I forget his rap career? Great stuff there.
FUCK YOU
not stoked on orcas today. leave the whales alone. big ass black and white motherfuckers. free willy can suck my dick

SHIREFLIP

« Reply #175 on: June 10, 2019, 01:52:43 PM »
I legitimately thought Dill on Adidas was just some bullshit you guys made up.

Lukabrazi

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 156
« Reply #176 on: June 10, 2019, 02:01:52 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

you must be trolling right? dude has been super stylish on all aspects of the board for many years. I'm not going to take into account the rapper/actor/personality shit, but dude can shred hard on a skateboard and makes it look good, especially on flatground. 

also one of the best nollie hardflips, and throws them over ridiculously large stuff.

here is just some old flatground of him , and nothing about this skateboarding sucks.

Sold Out

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 97
« Reply #177 on: June 10, 2019, 02:35:45 PM »
that commercial was the worst piece of shit Ive seen in a long time. Also what's with the FA trend of releasing all these shoes at the FA store and online with 0 pairs at local shops.

FS-OverKOOK

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 45
« Reply #178 on: June 10, 2019, 02:43:04 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

you must be trolling right? dude has been super stylish on all aspects of the board for many years. I'm not going to take into account the rapper/actor/personality shit, but dude can shred hard on a skateboard and makes it look good, especially on flatground. 

also one of the best nollie hardflips, and throws them over ridiculously large stuff.

here is just some old flatground of him , and nothing about this skateboarding sucks.
I was just picking on the rap...didn't AO skate to his "track" in the 917 part?

marty mcfly

« Reply #179 on: June 10, 2019, 03:52:38 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

come on,dude
except for the bigspin 360 pivot thing,theres not one trick i couldn’t do and i would never claim to be a good flatground skater!!
I don’t say he totally sucks,he‘s just not
that good!

« Last Edit: June 10, 2019, 03:58:43 PM by marty mcfly »