Author Topic: Terry Kennedy of baker  (Read 761876 times)

honey island

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 640
Re: Terry Kennedy of baker
« Reply #120 on: December 06, 2018, 05:21:14 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
One of the most overrated pros of the last 15 years.
[close]

based on what? no one outside of baker has really rated him.

also wanted to say,

thread of the year
[close]
Based on my fucking thought, he's mediocre compared to nowadays pros standards, it's 2018 not still 2008 when his Baker 3 part came out  (and even then it was not that memorable of a part).

And I don't even start with the way he went off Baker the first time for Element, then came back to Baker (which welcomed him with open arms) just for leaving now with this shitty instaclip where he has no love for Reynolds who was the reason he was still on Baker for so many years despite not putting out a decent part for a decade.

no shit, he is a piss poor skateboarder. but who was rating him outside of baker to begin with? how can you be overrated when no one rates you to begin with?

KickPhilip

• Rep: -10
« Reply #121 on: December 06, 2018, 05:37:44 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

also wanted to say,

thread of the year
[close]
Based on my fucking thought, he's mediocre compared to nowadays pros standards, it's 2018 not still 2008 when his Baker 3 part came out  (and even then it was not that memorable of a part).

And I don't even start with the way he went off Baker the first time for Element, then came back to Baker (which welcomed him with open arms) just for leaving now with this shitty instaclip where he has no love for Reynolds who was the reason he was still on Baker for so many years despite not putting out a decent part for a decade.
[close]

no shit, he is a piss poor skateboarder. but who was rating him outside of baker to begin with? how can you be overrated when no one rates you to begin with?

Just because u fags don't, doesn't mean no one else does.
If you don't rate him, why u commenting?

honey island

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #122 on: December 06, 2018, 05:41:13 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

also wanted to say,

thread of the year
[close]

[close]

[close]

is that u tk

ohnowisee

• Rep: -2
« Reply #123 on: December 06, 2018, 05:41:31 PM »
Still on the team page. Maybe Reynolds just wants to sit up there for a while. He can get rid of his boards using the mystery boxes
Ilford is way more core than Kodak - natenola forever

Mobkickflipper

• Rep: -1
  • is this real or is this really real ?
« Reply #124 on: December 06, 2018, 05:48:25 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

also wanted to say,

thread of the year
[close]

[close]

Ok, mine was a poor choice of words.
What i meant to say is that he had way too much estimators and has been pro for too much without mantaining an acceptable standard, at least given what I see amongst his colleagues.

honey island

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #125 on: December 06, 2018, 05:50:13 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

also wanted to say,

thread of the year
[close]

[close]

[close]
Ok, mine was a poor choice of words.
What i meant to say is that he had way too much estimators and has been pro for too much without mantaining an acceptable standard, at least given what I see amongst his colleagues.

for sure. they should've waived him a long time ago. i genuinely think andrew reynolds was to afraid to do so.

KickPhilip

• Rep: -10
« Reply #126 on: December 06, 2018, 05:55:39 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

also wanted to say,

thread of the year
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

is that u tk

No, but keep acting like a dumb cunt. It suites you.

DISTANT RUMOURS

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 394
« Reply #127 on: December 06, 2018, 05:57:42 PM »
TK of sanity

slobplant

• Rep: -12
« Reply #128 on: December 06, 2018, 05:59:30 PM »
I liked a couple of his posts and he followed me within 2 minutes

Bizarro Jerry

• Rep: 34
« Reply #129 on: December 06, 2018, 06:03:23 PM »
tk just straight up sucks at skating.

Mongoloid

« Reply #130 on: December 06, 2018, 06:07:43 PM »
TK’s pro career outlasting Jeff Lenoce’s is something of divine comedy.

camel filters

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1274
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #131 on: December 06, 2018, 06:13:23 PM »
Also spanky (briefly) and braydon getting kicked before this dude? TK has had plenty of chances to make something of his career. But yeah its Drew's fault. Dude has kids so hope he gets some sort of sustainable gig but I doubt it'll be in skateboarding.

stephop

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -377
« Reply #132 on: December 06, 2018, 06:19:53 PM »
Lame. I was looking forward to his Baker part the most. Hope he saved the footage.

Lenny the Fatface

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 331
« Reply #133 on: December 06, 2018, 06:33:25 PM »
I'm jealous that he saw Arto's Mindfield ender in person. But this nigga was done when he converted to Cherokee-Jew.

guest1

« Reply #134 on: December 06, 2018, 07:36:39 PM »
Lame. I was looking forward to his Baker part the most. Hope he saved the footage.

Lol really?

RossDailey

• Rep: -54
« Reply #135 on: December 06, 2018, 07:38:05 PM »

I'm Sorry

sometimeperhaps

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 142
« Reply #136 on: December 06, 2018, 07:40:36 PM »

Just watch any of his other parts. Dudes done the same tricks, at similar spots for his entire career. I know he came up quick, and seemed to have some talent but he peaked so fast.

DCLOVE

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -480
« Reply #137 on: December 06, 2018, 07:48:24 PM »
Expand Quote
If Terry is gettin' kicked, then dollin better, too. Bruh put out a full part without even landing one trick!

It almost feels like Slap's witch-huntin' got goatmouf kicked, and now they got Terry kicked.
[close]

At least Dollin could release a good part of he wanted to (and I’m sure if Reynolds somewhat pressured him to also).  Terry on the other hand...

Dollin does a lot of the editing and has input on the brand in general. They could prolly take his board out production but he’ll always be involved. And kids still know who he is it seems.
PINE 2009, 2010, 2011, 2020, PINE STILL MAKIN' MONEY.

shripshrapper

• Rep: -21
  • Shane Heyl 2020 #GOATPOTUS
« Reply #138 on: December 06, 2018, 08:08:28 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Never thought (or hoped) I would say this- but I need to hear more about TK and Kader’s dick

Wtf happened with that? Any insiders got the story?
[close]

REPORTED
[close]

Lol scroll up- someone (maybe two people) said some shit about TK showing up at Baker Boys and chatting about Kaders organ 🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️

REPORTED

DannyDee

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 247
« Reply #139 on: December 06, 2018, 08:08:58 PM »
I wouldn't be shocked if Lenoce actually had a pro-board longer (he was turned pro really early on in Baker), but it is ridiculous. The number of people TK's pro career has lasted longer than is actually astonishing. He went pro in like 2004 or so and had a 14-year run. So many amazing skaters have has their careers start and fade since then.

Melanoma

• Rep: 3
« Reply #140 on: December 06, 2018, 09:04:48 PM »
He should just become a real estate agent like every other ex/quasi pro skater in LA

Pigeon

« Reply #141 on: December 06, 2018, 09:09:33 PM »
He should just become a real estate agent like every other ex/quasi pro skater in LA
He would probably yell at potential buyers but get sales from retired pros who feel sorry for him.

Matthew_James

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -191
« Reply #142 on: December 06, 2018, 09:11:32 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
Also spanky (briefly) and braydon getting kicked before this dude? TK has had plenty of chances to make something of his career. But yeah its Drew's fault. Dude has kids so hope he gets some sort of sustainable gig but I doubt it'll be in skateboarding.

Drew is no longer the nigga negotiating his deals though 😓
At least when you're a washed-out hipster douchebag in NY, you can milk it at some decent looking, hard to skate spots. In LA you're just a tan-lined faggot in a school yard somewhere.

shannamal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 350
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #143 on: December 06, 2018, 09:29:17 PM »

did people actually think that he has footage for the baker 4 video?

i don’t think any of you are real, i think slap was invented by my mom to make me think people want to talk to me

Pretty Serious

« Reply #144 on: December 06, 2018, 09:35:33 PM »
I shouted out
Who canned T. Kennedy?
When after all
It was you and me

Battery Aziz

• Rep: -1
« Reply #145 on: December 06, 2018, 10:13:16 PM »
Always felt for a while now TK’s been losing it...definitely has a few loose screws

Burt Ward

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 499
« Reply #146 on: December 06, 2018, 10:30:12 PM »
No more TK parts? I'm going to find the closest hanging point.
Now, we used to say we put on our tights to put on the world. So I don't think it tarnishes the image at all.

Thrillho

• Rep: 133
« Reply #147 on: December 06, 2018, 10:57:12 PM »

turtleboy86

• Rep: -14
« Reply #148 on: December 07, 2018, 12:52:16 AM »
I Really hope JENKEM MAG interviews TK about this.

franquietits

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 62
« Reply #149 on: December 07, 2018, 03:29:41 AM »
Damn, I feel a little disappointed that everyone is willing to trounce all over TK for departing. I don't really care if he comes across as ungrateful or something, because business usually sours relationships in the real world. Who knows what led to it all? Pretty sure reynolds said in a video interview once that Dollin once had a combative stance over pay at bakerboys, with reynolds ultimately concluding, "everyone gets paid the same." Maybe it was that?

He's definitely a weird personality, and people always say we need more of it in skating, but when ever we get one, or someone veers into that territory, people are always averse to it. I mean, Terry's gotten weirder, but I think the hate's unnecessary. I don't recall him ever hurting or decieving others. He's never pummled a young james hardy, called his sponsorships "vomit", or stole hundreds of dollars worth or warehouse merch. I think he's had a respectable career for the most part. & I don't think anyone should really use the "milking-it" argument against him, either, given that many longtime pros do the exact same thing.

As much as we all revere Reynolds, you have to remember: he didn't build his empire all on his own. He may own the keys to the house, but Reynolds built his brand predicated on someone else's creative blueprint (J strickland), and ran with it. & the cast of characters he had with him animated it. One has to look no further than Supreme/Fa, to understand that "how" you present your branding/image to the masses is arguably the most important factor when pushing a brand. And Tk had a large part in influencing that spirit. Reynolds, Ellington, and greco have even gone on record acknowledging this, from baker to shake junt, etc.     

It's an inevitability that all pro skaters will eventually get pushed out from skating. Due either to audience disconnect, generational turnover, decline in skill... whatever. Don't know if this is it for Terry, but why not say congratulations on a skate career, instead? Like it or not, TK has his place in skating lore: he's a trailblazer in being one of the few recognizable black pro skaters (in cross-over culture), he's supplied creative genius to the baker-boy umbrella, influenced others to skate. This is a decent career, IMO. I just don't see the need to shit on him when he's possibly in his twilight. He's given his gratitude to baker countless times in interviews.

Reynolds houses, to me, what feels like a largely inactive roster of skaters. I swear, I feel like I always see bakerboys stuff on sale, don't really feel the presence of their roster in skating (apart from Funk/Kader). How much longer can bakerboys go?