Author Topic: duets, Vincent Alvarez and Zack Wallin  (Read 3878 times)

Bubblegum Tate

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1042
  • Slap's Resident Sneakerhead
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
duets, Vincent Alvarez and Zack Wallin
« on: January 01, 2019, 10:59:23 AM »
Ethan Bubblegum Tate - Captain of the Harlem Globetrotters, lecturer of Physics at Globetrotter University.
Tate is one of the best posters that's not me

jexe

• Rep: -4
Re: duets, Vincent Alvarez and Zack Wallin
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2019, 12:23:45 PM »
Weird pairing. One skateborder who is gravitationally challenged, and one that is not.

TurdyBird

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 155
  • <3
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2019, 02:03:09 PM »
Weird pairing. One skateborder who is gravitationally challenged, and one that is not.

Both skate fast, and similar types of spots. Thing to remember about Vincent is that he skates switch a lot. Sometimes I wonder if he's actually goofy or just ambidextrous. Regardless dude is sick. I don't remember ever seeing much footage of Zack Wallin other than KOTR this past year, but really liked a lot of his tricks. Zack's 180 fakie nosegrind on that bridge (2:26) was pretty sick!
The chillest1

BacksideWallride

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -24
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2019, 02:11:17 PM »
Sick. Weird to see Vincent push switch mongo he's always had a great switch push

shannamal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 354
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2019, 03:33:24 PM »
i just can't really get into vincent. i think he's talented, but something about his style bugs me. he always looks like he's warming up still, he's so stiff

i don’t think any of you are real, i think slap was invented by my mom to make me think people want to talk to me

ChrisLambe94

« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2019, 04:14:21 PM »
That was a super dope watch. Thank you for posting 🙏

honey island

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 640
« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2019, 04:50:26 PM »
i just can't really get into vincent. i think he's talented, but something about his style bugs me. he always looks like he's warming up still, he's so stiff

i can't stand him personally, his style/bag of tricks are terrible. nice guy though.

nino brown

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1416
  • only nerds kook people
« Reply #7 on: January 01, 2019, 05:32:57 PM »
his style is so shit

Bumpovertrash

« Reply #8 on: January 01, 2019, 06:17:32 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
his style is so shit
I like the way he skates. No trendy dumb shit and switch power.

EXTRA SPICY

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 340
  • Low Scovilles
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #9 on: January 01, 2019, 07:30:54 PM »

Dude has the brown busenitz velocity with loosies to boot. ‘The fuck outta here with your bogus claims.
We need Malto to release the pic of Biebel drunk in an elevator with his wiener hanging out.

CossRooper

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 140
  • What are you up to, drawing leafs?
    • timecube avatar image
« Reply #10 on: January 01, 2019, 07:49:01 PM »
10 years of Vincent footage and I'm still on the fence

Atiba Applebum

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 260
« Reply #11 on: January 01, 2019, 11:00:54 PM »

I liked his first part, but it feels like his skating has remained static since then

Mcidraque

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 214
« Reply #12 on: January 02, 2019, 01:10:38 AM »
good stuff, both have great styles plus Alvarez use of the LA streets/ditches... simply wonderful

behavioralguide

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 781
  • dog stuff
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #13 on: January 02, 2019, 06:25:57 AM »
I'm not into alvarez that much but everytime I see a clip with him I end up rewatching this;

, so I always end up hyped

johnes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -237
« Reply #14 on: January 02, 2019, 07:49:23 AM »
Vincent in pretty sweet is an amazing well rounded part but after that video he just quit doing all of that.

He’s one of my fav skaters but idk maybe he got hurt and decided he didn’t need to do handrail or stairs/drops/gaps anymore.
Also love the hard times part.

vincents Nollie 180 board slide fakie shuv is one of my fav tricks from duets.
The line with the super fast picnic table switch lip is awesome too.
The really long switch front board is dope.
In the movie credits Vince is trying a switch front board pop over from like a head high ledge, I guess he didn’t make it but fuck that would have been a sweet clip.

I’m a fat Siamese cat.

shannamal

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #15 on: January 02, 2019, 08:46:57 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I liked his first part, but it feels like his skating has remained static since then

it feels like if something takes 10 years to decide, it's not great. if after 10 years i couldn't tell if i liked broccoli or not, i probably just don't like broccoli.

i don’t think any of you are real, i think slap was invented by my mom to make me think people want to talk to me

feedmeseymour

« Reply #16 on: January 02, 2019, 08:52:20 AM »
lol @ vincent using a lynch boston skatepark clip

Patrick2G

• Rep: -309
« Reply #17 on: January 02, 2019, 09:23:47 AM »
I’m a big fan of Vincent’s style. Seems like people either love him or hate him.

MKULTRA

• Rep: -18
« Reply #18 on: January 03, 2019, 04:49:44 AM »
Vincent in pretty sweet is an amazing well rounded part but after that video he just quit doing all of that.

He’s one of my fav skaters but idk maybe he got hurt and decided he didn’t need to do handrail or stairs/drops/gaps anymore.

In the movie credits Vince is trying a switch front board pop over from like a head high ledge, I guess he didn’t make it but fuck that would have been a sweet clip.

I definitely agree that his Pretty Sweet part seemed to go under the radar. He seemed to get extra tech, 540s and shit.

E

• Rep: 15
« Reply #19 on: January 03, 2019, 09:13:03 AM »
lol @ vincent using a lynch boston skatepark clip

Thanks for pointing that one out. lol.

winecrab

• Rep: -176
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #20 on: January 03, 2019, 05:11:24 PM »
I don’t remember his pretty sweet part but his fully flared part sucked. Skating to Iron Maiden and doing mobbed sw 180’s and sw blunt 270 out on banks (same shit he does in this one). Like him or not, he simply doesn’t skate at a pro level. No pop, same tricks, skates like he hasn’t touched a board in a year.

behavioralguide

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 781
  • dog stuff
« Reply #21 on: January 03, 2019, 05:22:15 PM »
I don’t remember his pretty sweet part but his fully flared part sucked. Skating to Iron Maiden and doing mobbed sw 180’s and sw blunt 270 out on banks (same shit he does in this one). Like him or not, he simply doesn’t skate at a pro level. No pop, same tricks, skates like he hasn’t touched a board in a year.

vincent alvarez wasnt in fully flared

winecrab

• Rep: -176
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #22 on: January 03, 2019, 05:36:22 PM »
I meant The Flare. Does he have some good parts that I haven’t seen? I’m glad I didn’t pay for this video, the parts are kinda half assed. Transworld should make an effort and put out one last great video like their older stuff and just leave it at that. They need to make online content not another full length video no one wants to pay for. Shorter videos were they feature 3 dudes and a montage is where it’s at these days.

shannamal

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #23 on: January 03, 2019, 06:13:15 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

vincent alvarez wasnt in fully flared

that's how bad his part sucked.

DannyDee

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 249
« Reply #24 on: January 03, 2019, 06:30:46 PM »

Pretty sure he had reconstructive surgery on his knee towards the end of filming of Pretty Sweet or right after. Sometimes those things never heal quite right, and any high-impact stuff just leads to your knee swelling up.

I wish we got a good re-edit of his Pretty Sweet part, Ty really fucked the editing on that entire video, but he probably butchered Vincent's part the most.

I'm a fan of his style, he skates fast and loose and can do so in any stance.

labor

• Rep: -39
« Reply #25 on: January 03, 2019, 06:45:41 PM »
I really want to like vincent but his skating is sub par. He basically noselide/blunt/tailslides into ledges and spins out. basically, a more advanced, switch version of shane heyl. I want to like him - and I loved his hard times part -but his skating and trick selection is very simple these days. He's a weak link on chocolate and looks pedestrian next to zack wallin.

snowman600

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 740
« Reply #26 on: January 05, 2019, 03:07:03 PM »
vincent skates like you're holding the ollie button in THPS without ever letting go

shannamal

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #27 on: January 05, 2019, 09:18:45 PM »
vincent skates like you're holding the ollie button in THPS without ever letting go