Author Topic: Woodshop Directory 2019 Thread  (Read 144739 times)

TwisT

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1124
Re: Woodshop Directory 2019 Thread
« Reply #120 on: April 18, 2019, 02:57:08 PM »
http://www.slamskateboarding.com/news/the-feed/3448-zero-goes-solo
We'd like to continue to use DSM [Dwindle’s woodshop] as our board manufacturer for the international market and we're setting up manufacturing for North America in the US and Mexico.

j....soy.....

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1594
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #121 on: April 19, 2019, 07:49:20 AM »
The ones I've seen are generator and price point China......not sure which....it was dwindle but that was a few years ago....

Dustwardprez

« Reply #122 on: April 19, 2019, 10:41:49 PM »
so are Traffic still chap or are they not ne more because of TOA

Murge

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 427
« Reply #123 on: April 20, 2019, 01:07:04 PM »
Expand Quote
Toy and foundation used to be mainly Watson but mostly is psstix now. The pro models and screen printed boards are usually Watson. I like the psstix a bit more since it’s wayyy flatter and mellow kicks.
[close]

They do ll the above....you're right about the pro models, some of the toy graphic boards a say Made in USA which is Watson.  They do price points made in China too....

Someone was asking about control boards....reminds me a lot of crail concave....shapes are pretty standard Popsicle, really flat kicks.

So just to clarify and make sure I understand toy machine pro models are ps stix,non pro model team boards are Watson and price points are China? Are anyone BBS or was that a typo on the list?

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #124 on: April 20, 2019, 01:52:46 PM »
No BBS, I'm pretty sure....you can usually tell the PS have a serial no, the watsons say 'made in the USA' the ones from China say :'made in China'.

GasTheHostage

• Rep: -23
« Reply #125 on: April 22, 2019, 05:41:20 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Toy and foundation used to be mainly Watson but mostly is psstix now. The pro models and screen printed boards are usually Watson. I like the psstix a bit more since it’s wayyy flatter and mellow kicks.
[close]

They do ll the above....you're right about the pro models, some of the toy graphic boards a say Made in USA which is Watson.  They do price points made in China too....

Someone was asking about control boards....reminds me a lot of crail concave....shapes are pretty standard Popsicle, really flat kicks.
[close]

So just to clarify and make sure I understand toy machine pro models are ps stix,non pro model team boards are Watson and price points are China? Are anyone BBS or was that a typo on the list?
No what he means that the pro boards are made by Watson. Most non pro boards are made by ps stix. I don't know if price points are made in china but thats how nearly every other company does price points so im assuming theyre made in china

TwisT

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1124
« Reply #126 on: April 22, 2019, 05:52:27 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]
No what he means that the pro boards are made by Watson. Most non pro boards are made by ps stix. I don't know if price points are made in china but thats how nearly every other company does price points so im assuming theyre made in china

So there was an Alibaba page, claiming that they partnered with Toy Machine, element, girl and a few other brands. It was Dailan Huahong not excel. The page specifically showed a Toy Machine graphic being printed. If you find it in the old woodshop thread, the link no longer works. What they are making for these brands is not confirmed. They could be making price point decks or maybe cheaper completes.

edit:
This was the partner image used on their page.

They also made baseball gloves, bats and other sports equipment. My guess is they when the internet caught on they some brands probably asked them to take it down. In my experience, it's not hard for a Chinese factory to just change names and continue business as usual.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2019, 07:58:34 AM by TwisT »

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #127 on: April 22, 2019, 08:04:49 AM »
I think pro is PS, some graphic Watson, some graphic China.....

Maybe you're mail ordering or something but it's pretty easy to tell if you read the labels....

Glurmpz

« Reply #128 on: April 22, 2019, 10:23:16 AM »

Maybe you're mail ordering or something but it's pretty easy to tell if you read the labels....

^This is correct. I visit the warehouse from time to time and nerd out on these things, so I've seen the progression of where Toy/Foundation get boards made. J...soy... also nerds out on the same stacks in the same warehouse, he knows what's up.

Must be weird for diehard Toy fans to have the wood change up so much over the past decade - from Watson everything, to BBS everything, to BBS for Pros and Watson for logo decks, to BBS pros/Watson & PS Stix for logo decks, to PS Stix everything for a second, and Now PS Stix pros/Watson & China logo decks. Shoulda' just stuck with BBS, especially considering it's right there mere miles from Tum Yeto, but they're doing what they can afford, basically. 

GasTheHostage

« Reply #129 on: April 23, 2019, 05:44:50 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

^This is correct. I visit the warehouse from time to time and nerd out on these things, so I've seen the progression of where Toy/Foundation get boards made. J...soy... also nerds out on the same stacks in the same warehouse, he knows what's up.

Must be weird for diehard Toy fans to have the wood change up so much over the past decade - from Watson everything, to BBS everything, to BBS for Pros and Watson for logo decks, to BBS pros/Watson & PS Stix for logo decks, to PS Stix everything for a second, and Now PS Stix pros/Watson & China logo decks. Shoulda' just stuck with BBS, especially considering it's right there mere miles from Tum Yeto, but they're doing what they can afford, basically.
yeah just like how SkateOne went from all US manufacturing to making flight decks in the US and nearly every other deck in china. Barely anyone noticed (go on their website) at first.

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #130 on: April 23, 2019, 06:54:29 AM »
I don't want to speak on everyone's behalf....but I will....in our defence we haven't cared about skating a Powell board for 15 years regardless of the manufacturer....

GasTheHostage

« Reply #131 on: April 23, 2019, 07:18:49 AM »
I don't want to speak on everyone's behalf....but I will....in our defence we haven't cared about skating a Powell board for 15 years regardless of the manufacturer....
Yeah it aint worth it im talking about ALL of SkateOne's brands tho. But other than that you right nobody really buys those anymore just wanted to give a heads up.

talklessSkateMore

• Rep: -40
« Reply #132 on: April 23, 2019, 08:14:36 AM »
Baseball bat lit
it said to learn how to tie for a reason.
This is all structured as a trap.
Tied by those who know the fundamentals.

GasTheHostage

« Reply #133 on: April 23, 2019, 10:36:15 AM »
Baseball bat lit
the fuck is that supposed to mean?

Coffee

• Rep: 46
« Reply #134 on: April 27, 2019, 12:51:20 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
I read at the websites of a few of these. Zero is Dwindle now. Most powell peralta decks are made in the USA, but every other skateone owned deck brand is made in china.
[close]

I think Jamie said on Instagram a few months back that they changed to another non-dwindle factory again. How recent is your info?
[close]
the only ones ive seen are generator.

Saw a Zero a couple weeks ago that had the “made in Mexico “ sticker but didn’t know they were BBS/Generator wood. I may go back and pick it up since it had the dimensions I like 8x31.5x14wb.

palelight

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 166
« Reply #135 on: April 27, 2019, 02:26:17 PM »
Been really digging the flat/mellow DOA decks. Curious if anyone knows if any other South Central brands use the flat "e-mold" shape.

Only other South Central decks I see regularly are Politic which have the really steep concave.

oneOone

• Rep: 3
« Reply #136 on: April 29, 2019, 04:39:49 AM »
Been really digging the flat/mellow DOA decks. Curious if anyone knows if any other South Central brands use the flat "e-mold" shape.

Only other South Central decks I see regularly are Politic which have the really steep concave.

Ordered some 5Boro which should be from South Central, will report back.

SUPREMENECKPROTECTOR

• Rep: 100
« Reply #137 on: April 29, 2019, 06:43:10 AM »
Does anyone know what roger is using nowadays? iirc the last time they were around their boards were ps stix.

pointandclick

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 253
« Reply #138 on: April 29, 2019, 08:17:10 AM »
Does anyone know what roger is using nowadays? iirc the last time they were around their boards were ps stix.
clutch

palelight

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 166
« Reply #139 on: April 29, 2019, 02:36:54 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Much appreciated!

nosneb

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rep: 90
« Reply #140 on: April 29, 2019, 09:10:00 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

Much appreciated!

5boro is steep

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #141 on: April 29, 2019, 09:25:11 PM »
I'm curious too because it seems 5boro has had boards made by a few people....

SUPREMENECKPROTECTOR

• Rep: 100
« Reply #142 on: April 30, 2019, 12:41:50 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
clutch

Thank you!

oneOone

• Rep: 3
« Reply #143 on: April 30, 2019, 09:42:08 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

Much appreciated!
[close]

5boro is steep

5boro Race series and nueva york is the same shape as my oldee politics 8, pretty steep and 14.25 wb., looks like same mold.

Ich have the reflective 5boro Logo in 8 and the shape is completly different, more flat, 14 inch wheelbase, no colored plys, i am not sure if even SC wood.

Bristol_Palin

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 532
« Reply #144 on: April 30, 2019, 01:24:56 PM »
so are Traffic still chap or are they not ne more because of TOA
I don't know if anyone ever answered you but they're generator now.

Murge

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #145 on: April 30, 2019, 02:16:16 PM »

I just grabbed a toy machine non pro model non price point and it says made in Mexico on the wrapping but the exact same graphic ( that I didn’t grab)had a laser etched toy machine logo on it and the size.  I’m gonna skate it either way. I’m just used to always skating BBS/DLX etc and trying to branch out and get educated on things that’s not BBS

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #146 on: April 30, 2019, 02:31:26 PM »
Well there's the update.....some graphics PS as well....

Murge

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #147 on: April 30, 2019, 02:45:48 PM »

So are some PS laser etched and some not? But still both PS? Because out of 2 boards with the same graphic  one had a laser etching on the top ply and then the one  I got has a stamp with the size? 
Sorry I keep asking stuff but I am just curious and getting OCD about it.

Glurmpz

« Reply #148 on: April 30, 2019, 02:51:32 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

So are some PS laser etched and some not? But still both PS? Because out of 2 boards with the same graphic  one had a laser etching on the top ply and then the one  I got has a stamp with the size? 
Sorry I keep asking stuff but I am just curious and getting OCD about it.

A friend of mine has the fists board, and although it's used it appears to be PS. It's also one of the worst shapes I've ever seen... like, tapered on both ends but kind of square, and skinny, with very short nose and tail.Super flat.  Another friend of mine also had a logo Toy Machine deck that was a pretty strange shape. Goin' for something different over there I guess. Or taking whatever the factory gives them.

somedudefromnj

« Reply #149 on: April 30, 2019, 03:53:43 PM »
Not that anyone cares but my bad to the dude that I told SOVRN was PS Stix. Now that Ive finally stepped on one it is definitey Generator