Author Topic: Woodshop Directory 2019 Thread  (Read 144742 times)

SirPizzaSlayer

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -72
  • Pizza Griptape
Re: Woodshop Directory 2019 Thread
« Reply #180 on: May 27, 2019, 10:07:06 AM »
Is there any shape guide in regards to Polar? I'd like something with very blunt nose & tail, like Real Full shape.
polar does that shape. I have a Oskar board and it’s pretty blunt. It’s an 8 and it’s beautiful.

Torre

• Rep: -30
« Reply #181 on: June 04, 2019, 11:14:51 AM »
I have been digging South Central wood since I skated a 5 Boro deck for a month, which is a record for me because they are so strong. I actually had to switch it because it was worn out, I never actually snapped it, and this has only happened to me before with Powell Flight Decks and Almost Impact Light Decks.
My question is that are ALL boards that use South Central made from the same wood? I was looking into Bacon Skateboards and they have decks for $45 and others for $50 and was wondering if the cheaper one was made with price point type of inferior wood.

cricketclub

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 511
« Reply #182 on: June 04, 2019, 11:34:25 AM »
I have been digging South Central wood since I skated a 5 Boro deck for a month, which is a record for me because they are so strong. I actually had to switch it because it was worn out, I never actually snapped it, and this has only happened to me before with Powell Flight Decks and Almost Impact Light Decks.
My question is that are ALL boards that use South Central made from the same wood? I was looking into Bacon Skateboards and they have decks for $45 and others for $50 and was wondering if the cheaper one was made with price point type of inferior wood.

I'm on my second Threads board in a row right now and have to say the South Central wood and shapes are PERFECT. Both have been 8" but my second one is apparently a custom request from our shop owner that is identical to the other shape but has a slightly more square nose. It's even better.

Also I'm not sure if Threads is too small an operation to add but they could be added to South Central on the list.
Handsome debonair fella, Got the Mellow Yellow bezel, Black rims on the Phantom same color Dr. Pepper.

Sundaynuggets

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Rep: 124
« Reply #183 on: June 04, 2019, 07:33:57 PM »

I’m riding a Bacon now that I got for $40 or so and its the same as the other South central decks I’ve had. (DOA and Politic). Steep concave, nose and tail which I love and the deck is lasting longer than a lot of the other decks I’ve ridden. I can’t say for sure, but I don’t think a smaller company like Bacon has separate price point decks with cheaper wood. I would guess that all of their decks are the same quality from SC. Could be wring though

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1594
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #184 on: June 04, 2019, 11:01:17 PM »
Am I crazy in that is all 5boro SC? Is any China? 

oneOone

• Rep: 3
« Reply #185 on: June 05, 2019, 02:19:40 AM »

The new ones are SC (2018 and later), but I have this: https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTMi4FLCFDVBZQXWgO1nYbAG4Gkgk3EsOR6AV8FEnWFiRxO1aza2A
reflective Logo Board and it is no SC, much thiker and heavier compared to my other SC 5Boros.

Violator

• Rep: 73
« Reply #186 on: June 05, 2019, 10:39:27 AM »
Would any pals happen to know who presses Consolidated Skateboards?

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #187 on: June 05, 2019, 05:50:03 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

The new ones are SC (2018 and later), but I have this: https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTMi4FLCFDVBZQXWgO1nYbAG4Gkgk3EsOR6AV8FEnWFiRxO1aza2A
reflective Logo Board and it is no SC, much thiker and heavier compared to my other SC 5Boros.

I skated a bunch of old northern co and politic boards and the 5boro boards don't seem similar.  They look more like girl decks. 

oneOone

« Reply #188 on: June 10, 2019, 07:04:25 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

I skated a bunch of old northern co and politic boards and the 5boro boards don't seem similar.  They look more like girl decks.

Confirmed SC on Instagram.

ballintoohard

« Reply #189 on: June 10, 2019, 10:25:24 AM »
How is the Palace/DSM wood quality and general shapes/concave?

venture5.8

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Rep: 10
« Reply #190 on: June 10, 2019, 10:52:11 AM »
hot trash

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 28
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #191 on: June 11, 2019, 04:10:11 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
hot trash
Burning hot trash
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

honey island

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 640
« Reply #192 on: June 11, 2019, 06:11:52 AM »

really really bad, their riders are constantly breaking boards

Haveyouseenhim

• Rep: 7
« Reply #193 on: June 11, 2019, 11:08:19 AM »
Someone try the wood over mdcn in germany? They make a lot of brands in europe,some years ago they made for polarr

oneOone

« Reply #194 on: June 12, 2019, 02:28:35 AM »
Someone try the wood over mdcn in germany? They make a lot of brands in europe,some years ago they made for polarr

As somewhere stated before, I highly doubt they press decks, I am also unsure if they even put the heat tranfser on the Chinesee wood in Germany.

These ones are made in Germany: https://egal-skateboards.de/shop-2/ and https://www.facebook.com/Own-Skateboards-192512654091/ (Willow rides for them).

woodinbrine

• Rep: 13
  • ᛐᛅᚢᛐᛁᚾ ᛙᛁᚴ ᚠᚱᛁᛅ
« Reply #195 on: June 12, 2019, 12:39:35 PM »

I’m skating a Creature board now and I love the shape. It’s an 8.375 x 32.2 with a 14.5 wheelbase, fairly fat nose. Medium concave. Got another one lined up that’s pretty much exactly the same shape except it’s 32 long. I don’t really do the kind of stuff that breaks boards, so I don’t know about that side of things. I definitely prefer this board to the PS Stix I had before.

I have an 8.375 Killing Floor deck and a Polar football coming in the mail, last time I tried a BBS/Generator board was before I knew about this stuff.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2019, 02:28:40 PM by woodinbrine »

Sativa Lung

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 828
« Reply #196 on: June 12, 2019, 04:35:06 PM »
Does anyone know who presses Death decks? They have a big tiddy goth girl graphic that caught my eye

SneakySecrets

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1140
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #197 on: June 12, 2019, 05:05:08 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I’m skating a Creature board now and I love the shape. It’s an 8.375 x 32.2 with a 14.5 wheelbase, fairly fat nose. Medium concave. Got another one lined up that’s pretty much exactly the same shape except it’s 32 long. I don’t really do the kind of stuff that breaks boards, so I don’t know about that side of things. I definitely prefer this board to the PS Stix I had before.

I have an 8.375 Killing Floor deck and a Polar football coming in the mail, last time I tried a BBS/Generator board was before I knew about this stuff.

I’ve been skating a lot of Evisen boards lately and I love them.  To me, they are noticeably stiffer than bbs/SC/ps stix (perhaps tied with pennswood).  They also seem to stay stiffer longer.

I had just assumed they would have been garbage since dwindle is a bit lame nowadays and because they are made in China, but was pleasantly surprised.

When nothing in society deserves respect, we should fashion for ourselves in solitude new silent loyalties.

Murge

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 427
« Reply #198 on: June 12, 2019, 05:53:16 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I want to get a creature deck cause I’m really backing the creature team but the wheel bases are  all 14.5 and I just got thunders and that would make it too much for me

CrackWhore2000

• Rep: 0
« Reply #199 on: June 12, 2019, 06:06:46 PM »
The secrecy stems from attempting to remain exclusive. Like the shop alva uses

99% sure alva is watson

pool boards at least

Sativa Lung

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #200 on: June 12, 2019, 06:21:10 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

I want to get a creature deck cause I’m really backing the creature team but the wheel bases are  all 14.5 and I just got thunders and that would make it too much for me

I love their team and graphics but I have to say I wasn't particularly impressed with my creature deck. Not that its bad, it was just a little softer and heavier than I prefer and it seemed to lose its pop fairly quick (although I did beat the shit out of it). When I got an AH deck it really stood out to me how snappy and crisp it felt compared to the creature I'd been skating. Could have just been that deck, but I'm thinking of picking up another DLX deck now.

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 28
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #201 on: June 13, 2019, 03:23:27 AM »
I had a Creature "hard rock maple" and it was the worst piece of shit I've ever skated in my life.
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

Sativa Lung

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #202 on: June 15, 2019, 05:10:59 PM »
I had a Creature "hard rock maple" and it was the worst piece of shit I've ever skated in my life.

Yeah it's really kind of a shame that dwindle wood isnt great because Creature are definitely my favorite of the "big" brands in terms of graphics and team riders, although anti hero is close. If I could get creature decks pressed on generator wood with DLX shapes I don't think I'd buy much of anything else ever again. The first couple sessions on Creature boards are good but then they just sort of feel soft/sluggish and inconsistent whereas most generator decks I've skated seem to have a light, snappy , floaty feel that I barely even have to flick to get proper rotation out of.

Does anyone know where Wounded Knee, Death, and Vagrant are pressed? They all have some interesting graphics and I dig the whole Wounded Knee mythology and mission.

Edit: Wounded Knee is Chapman. Found the answer myself 30 seconds after posting the question. Still looking for  Death and Vagrant
« Last Edit: June 15, 2019, 05:23:47 PM by Buttfart Rapedick »

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #203 on: June 15, 2019, 08:16:08 PM »
The NHS boards I've stood on felt stiff...that's the one thing I've noticed. 

Thomas

• Rep: 20
  • no pop no style
« Reply #204 on: June 21, 2019, 04:41:40 AM »
I had two Studio 8.25" boards and they were the best boards I ever had.
I know they are made by Control, but do you guys know how could I have more details on the shape ?

Unfortunately I don't have the boards anymore so I can't measure them myself...
Possibilities are everywhere, search and enjoy.

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #205 on: June 21, 2019, 07:56:26 AM »
I don't but you might want to track down a Jenny board if you can...same wood......for now....but likely will change.  I think too if you poke around online there's a shop or two that has one.

honey island

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 640
« Reply #206 on: June 21, 2019, 08:02:20 AM »
pretty sure all fa/hockey is now generator?

Torre

• Rep: -30
« Reply #207 on: June 21, 2019, 09:11:07 AM »
The reason the “Hard Rock Maple” are shit is because they use cheaper wood. Notice the word “Canadian” is not part of the name. It’s shitty price point wood. Only good thing is that they are very stiff at first but they break easily
« Last Edit: June 21, 2019, 11:03:56 AM by Torre »

Idk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 314
« Reply #208 on: June 21, 2019, 10:33:44 AM »
Yooooo

Ok

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1120
« Reply #209 on: June 21, 2019, 11:58:39 AM »

Sick. I did like the smaller ps stix effect. It’s also harder to find bbs boards that have 14” wb. Or maybe I’m wrong there.