Author Topic: Woodshop Directory 2019 Thread  (Read 144995 times)

moonordie

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 33
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
Re: Woodshop Directory 2019 Thread
« Reply #210 on: June 21, 2019, 11:58:44 AM »
This one would be from the "improved workshop"?
Btw the new wood from comes from?
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

TwisT

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1146
« Reply #211 on: June 21, 2019, 12:56:09 PM »
I think the understanding is that its still the same, excel (Chinese factory) they just improved their production quality

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1602
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #212 on: June 21, 2019, 05:38:01 PM »
They infuse it with Tud Nugent...it's the worst....

Complements4U

• Rep: 397
« Reply #213 on: June 22, 2019, 09:51:55 AM »
I think honey island is being facetious. I am staring at an Ave board from the new drop that's ps Stix goddamit. This is a very serious matter bro.

Complements4U

« Reply #214 on: June 22, 2019, 09:56:09 AM »
Ted Nugent if he could view himself in third person and meet Ted Nugent, would think Ted Nugent is a total dipshit.

honey island

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 640
« Reply #215 on: June 22, 2019, 10:50:19 AM »
I think honey island is being facetious. I am staring at an Ave board from the new drop that's ps Stix goddamit. This is a very serious matter bro.

weird. i just got 3 different boards from the new drop, and they are all generator 😭

Complements4U

« Reply #216 on: June 22, 2019, 10:57:35 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

weird. i just got 3 different boards from the new drop, and they are all generator 😭
What even is skateboarding these days

gaunting

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 195
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #217 on: June 22, 2019, 10:41:02 PM »
Expand Quote
pretty sure all fa/hockey is now generator?
[close]
Yooooo

pretty sure they are. I had an 8.0” hockey about 2-3 years ago, and the length,concave etc was much different than the 8.0” FA I’m riding right now. this boards nose is fucking crazy. It works for me because I skate my boards backwards, but it still just looks crazy. I prefer the bbs ones.
This has me cracking up, what exactly does Black Flag have to do with measuring your dick starting behind ya nuts?

Skateboarding is nothing but a game to find the right fits to appear like you're a proportional human being instead of a midget or a giant.

palelight

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 166
« Reply #218 on: June 22, 2019, 11:52:17 PM »

Last thee Hockey boards I scooped up (Kosovo, Fitzgerald Cut, and Piscopo Snake) were all Generator. Much prefer them to the older PS Stix decks. Which new Ave deck was PS Stix? Gotta know.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2019, 01:59:53 AM by palelight »

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 33
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #219 on: June 23, 2019, 01:28:19 AM »
Any idea about Poetic? My guessing would be bbs
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

Complements4U

« Reply #220 on: June 23, 2019, 08:55:24 AM »

Yeah I prefer the generator ones too. Some of the ps ones were absolutely insane shapes with steep kicks and tiny nose and tails. But the 8.5x33 ps Stix shape some of the Fitz boards are on is amazing. It's only amazing precisely for two weeks, half that time if you are doing disasters or coping shit. Then it's a square flexy noodle.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2019, 09:04:12 AM by Complements4U »

ballintoohard

« Reply #221 on: June 23, 2019, 08:57:34 AM »
I have the new FA deck that is silver with a Terminator on it. No PS serial number, just a single dot indentation.

Complements4U

« Reply #222 on: June 23, 2019, 08:59:02 AM »
I have the new FA deck that is silver with a Terminator on it. No PS serial number, just a single dot indentation.
Yeah dat ones gen and it had a black warning sticker stuck on the nose?

cricketclub

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 511
« Reply #223 on: June 23, 2019, 10:02:43 AM »
I came to find out the name of the shape I like: South Central’s 8” D. It has a flatter nose and perfect concave and WB for my liking. My skate shop (Comfort) uses SC as does Threads.
Handsome debonair fella, Got the Mellow Yellow bezel, Black rims on the Phantom same color Dr. Pepper.

Ok

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1133
« Reply #224 on: June 23, 2019, 01:48:57 PM »
I came to find out the name of the shape I like: South Central’s 8” D. It has a flatter nose and perfect concave and WB for my liking. My skate shop (Comfort) uses SC as does Threads.

Pray tell the wb, length and such dear human?

Glurmpz

« Reply #225 on: June 24, 2019, 03:04:44 PM »

That must be the mold they used for the Politic Quim I got. The flat nose was too weird for me though and I took it off right away. It was 8.375. The flat nose zapped my pop. I gotta find someone to buy that board.

Also - I just had a look at a shop and 5Boro is indeed South Central now. Didn't have an 8.25 to check out unfortunately.

pauline_handsome

• Rep: 2
« Reply #226 on: June 24, 2019, 04:28:03 PM »
This ps/ gen deal for hockey and FA is hard to follow. Is it just supply and demand, they can't get them all pressed in one location?

Ok

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #227 on: June 24, 2019, 04:41:43 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

That must be the mold they used for the Politic Quim I got. The flat nose was too weird for me though and I took it off right away. It was 8.375. The flat nose zapped my pop. I gotta find someone to buy that board.

Also - I just had a look at a shop and 5Boro is indeed South Central now. Didn't have an 8.25 to check out unfortunately.

Re: 5 Boro. The rad rad rad rad Jordan Trahan vhs graphic I picked up felt like a girl board. Not science. I should have grabbed it.

Paco Supreme

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 553
  • One Trick Pony
« Reply #228 on: June 24, 2019, 11:36:16 PM »
I don’t know if this has been mentioned in any wood shop threads but I just got a bbs made element and it actually had a laser etch that said made by bbs with every measurement underneath

palelight

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 166
« Reply #229 on: June 25, 2019, 12:25:39 AM »
I don’t know if this has been mentioned in any wood shop threads but I just got a bbs made element and it actually had a laser etch that said made by bbs with every measurement underneath

Only other BBS/Generator deck I've seen with this are AWS from the last couple years. Seems like it's an option at BBS but few brands go for it.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2019, 05:00:04 AM by palelight »

Krooked antihero

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 160
« Reply #230 on: June 25, 2019, 04:23:30 AM »
I need help, I’ve been eyeing this 8.5” scumco & sons board, it is dirt cheap online but I can’t find it’s wheelbase mentioned anywhere... If it’s under 14.38 I’m gonna cop it.
europe's like the capitol of england and france and whatever

It sucks getting old.

Sativa Lung

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 821
« Reply #231 on: June 25, 2019, 08:15:33 AM »
I need help, I’ve been eyeing this 8.5” scumco & sons board, it is dirt cheap online but I can’t find it’s wheelbase mentioned anywhere... If it’s under 14.38 I’m gonna cop it.

Where are you looking to buy it from? Be careful of places like concrete lodge that list scumco decks that they don't actually have in stock. They'll take your money and ignore you for months and hope you don't cancel the transaction with your cc company/PayPal.

I think scumco 8.5s are usually a 14/14.25 wb so you're probably safe but I'd email the site to make sure it's actually in stocks and check reviews to see if the site is legit before sending them money. If it seems too good to be true than it usually is.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2019, 08:17:44 AM by Buttfart Rapedick »

Krooked antihero

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 160
« Reply #232 on: June 25, 2019, 10:00:52 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Where are you looking to buy it from? Be careful of places like concrete lodge that list scumco decks that they don't actually have in stock. They'll take your money and ignore you for months and hope you don't cancel the transaction with your cc company/PayPal.

I think scumco 8.5s are usually a 14/14.25 wb so you're probably safe but I'd email the site to make sure it's actually in stocks and check reviews to see if the site is legit before sending them money. If it seems too good to be true than it usually is.
Nah it’s this one swedish web store that I’ve used many times before without any problems. Think I’m gonna cop that board now🤔
europe's like the capitol of england and france and whatever

It sucks getting old.

Sativa Lung

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #233 on: June 25, 2019, 10:14:37 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
Nah it’s this one swedish web store that I’ve used many times before without any problems. Think I’m gonna cop that board now🤔

Oh that's sick then that graphic looks amazing in person, that and the soviet propaganda deck are two of the best looking scumco decks in my opinion. If you've never had one before you're in for a treat. Enjoy.

Ok

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #234 on: June 25, 2019, 03:45:43 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
[close]

Oh that's sick then that graphic looks amazing in person, that and the soviet propaganda deck are two of the best looking scumco decks in my opinion. If you've never had one before you're in for a treat. Enjoy.

I just got a scumco, 8”. So hyped on the shape and kiddie pool. Really really wish it was 14 wb. Or something. It’s just been one of those boards that I just don’t get along with and I know it’s me and not the board.
Love that company.

Sativa Lung

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #235 on: June 27, 2019, 04:59:19 AM »
I just got a scumco, 8”. So hyped on the shape and kiddie pool. Really really wish it was 14 wb. Or something. It’s just been one of those boards that I just don’t get along with and I know it’s me and not the board.
Love that company.

What WB is it? I've never had one of their 8's but I guess I just assumed they did 14wb on those since my old 8.25 was 14 1/4 I believe. And yeah that company is sick - super creative one-man marketing agency, solid team, great sense of humor, and an emphasis on high quality decks - they make us yinzers proud.

Sundaynuggets

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Rep: 124
« Reply #236 on: June 27, 2019, 05:23:37 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]

Love that company.

It took me a bit to get used to their Kiddie pool concave too in the smaller sizes (like the eight) because they usually have shorter wheel bases and a bigger bit of flat between the bolt holes and where the tail/nose start to angle up. So even though the kicks look reasonably steep, they don’t feel as much like it when popping tricks because of that bit of flat. I was used to the Deep dish concave which has similarly angled kicks, but almost none of that flat part, so they pop differently. So at first I hated the feel of the Kiddie pool decks but when I tried them again recently I ended up really liking them. I just had to adjust the way I was skating a bit.

Their Silver spoon concave is pretty interesting. The tail and nose kind of curve up, rather than clearly angling up like most decks. Haven’t seen that anywhere else but I like the way those feel a lot.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2019, 05:25:55 AM by Sundaynuggets »

cricketclub

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 511
« Reply #237 on: June 27, 2019, 06:03:03 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Pray tell the wb, length and such dear human?

14 1/4 I believe. I think thats the WB I always rock. I can't go up or down on that.
Handsome debonair fella, Got the Mellow Yellow bezel, Black rims on the Phantom same color Dr. Pepper.

Ok

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #238 on: June 27, 2019, 08:21:03 PM »
Mine is 14.25, and we just don’t vibe. I’m gonna buy more of they stuff tho. As people have mentioned they are quality goods/people. It’s kind of hard to find their stuff, and then they don’t list everything measurement wise. I’m going to get the 8” Ty Beal eventually, even tho it’s the steep concave, it seems to be the only one that had the 14” wb.

ChasingCars

• Rep: -1
« Reply #239 on: June 28, 2019, 09:44:36 PM »
Their Silver spoon concave is pretty interesting. The tail and nose kind of curve up, rather than clearly angling up like most decks. Haven’t seen that anywhere else but I like the way those feel a lot.
[/quote]

The silver spoon concave is what Pennswood calls their matador concave.

Apparently their summer 2019 drop is being pressed by Control. I am looking for a new deck so I may pick up the current Kevin Taylor model because I love the way Pennswood decks feel. Scumco is a great company and has responded to me within one day on several occasions when I reached out to them about technical specs. I will continue to support them no matter what woodshop happens to be pressing their decks because I am certain that they will always put out a fantastic product. They are only an hour from where I live so it is nice to be able to support a truly local skate company.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2019, 09:57:59 PM by ChasingCars »