Author Topic: Duffel s Homeboy Part- Raw Footy  (Read 3905 times)

zuma

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 147
Duffel s Homeboy Part- Raw Footy
« on: January 03, 2019, 11:02:20 AM »

iKobrakai

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -717
Re: Duffel s Homeboy Part- Raw Footy
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2019, 11:49:45 AM »
He falls on strange tricks. Also, who the fuck does one pop shov its?

oroku1983

« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2019, 12:16:21 PM »
that running up for a long embrace shit is horrible. the new generation is really bad for that (not duffel but the dudes hes skating with)

oroku1983

« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2019, 01:09:41 PM »
loved this just wish he'd release two parts every year.

winecrab

• Rep: -176
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2019, 05:01:51 PM »
I don’t think he needs to be doing big shit anymore. He’s paid his dues by being a workhorse and donating his body to skateboarding. He filmed 3 7min ender parts within 2 years. Having said that, He should really skate more flat ground and learn new tricks. When a heelflip or varial heel are the most difficult tricks in your lines then you’re doing it wrong. This part looks exactly like the folder in my HD filled with my throwaway clips. I’m glad he got through his depression. I’m not a fan of Kevin Rodriguez but he seems like a great dude.

Bagelskate

• Rep: 62
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2019, 05:19:45 PM »
He still kills it. If you haven’t followed him on IG yet, you should.

His post about people buying his latest deck so he can get a new graphic kinda sucked. I wish I skated an 8.5 or I’d grab it

SneakySecrets

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1145
« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2019, 05:26:27 PM »
When a heelflip or varial heel are the most difficult tricks in your lines then you’re doing it wrong.
Wow, is that really how you think about skateboarding? 

It’s cool seeing how much fun he had filming this.  Makes me want to go skate.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2019, 05:29:47 PM by SneakySecrets »
When nothing in society deserves respect, we should fashion for ourselves in solitude new silent loyalties.

oroku1983

« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2019, 05:44:34 PM »
i prefer videos that are fun to watch and make me wanna skate not how ultra tech a skater is.

winecrab

« Reply #8 on: January 03, 2019, 06:05:32 PM »
No, It’s just constructive criticism. Unlike most of slap, I’ve always backed duffel. I just think he could do better. He can’t string together lines because his flatground is therrible and he has a very limited bag of tricks. My first video ever was Man Down and still one of my favorite videos ever. Tons of people who rip look like they’re having fun. To me, skateboarding is all about having fun. That’s the only thing that matters. But this is a skatenerd forum so I’m gonna critique shit. What’s your opinion besides “ah, looks like he’s having fun”? Are you saying he has good flatground and a wide trick selection?

Luddite

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 83
« Reply #9 on: January 03, 2019, 06:15:14 PM »
I’m happy for him that he doesn’t just skate handrails anymore, but most of those spots looked so damn unappealing

SneakySecrets

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #10 on: January 03, 2019, 08:45:42 PM »
No, It’s just constructive criticism. Unlike most of slap, I’ve always backed duffel. I just think he could do better. He can’t string together lines because his flatground is therrible and he has a very limited bag of tricks. My first video ever was Man Down and still one of my favorite videos ever. Tons of people who rip look like they’re having fun. To me, skateboarding is all about having fun. That’s the only thing that matters. But this is a skatenerd forum so I’m gonna critique shit. What’s your opinion besides “ah, looks like he’s having fun”? Are you saying he has good flatground and a wide trick selection?

No, of course not.  I’m actually struggling to think of anyone currently that has a smaller bag of tricks.  Jaws maybe?

“The you’re doing it wrong” comment just struck me as weird.  He just isn’t a super technical skater... the poor guy is built like Sideshow Bob. 

I’d rather watch him blasting a pop shove it over some weird bump in a parking lot than faking the funk with some tech ledge lines.

It’s like watching a Rodney Mullen part and complaining that he isn’t hitting enough gnarly handrails.  To prescribe some predetermined criteria to someone’s skating is viewing more as a sport than an art, in my opinion.

I’m not saying you’re wrong.  Maybe I’m wrong.  Who knows.  You can think whatever the hell you want to think, it just struck me as a strange way to view skating.  So there’s my overly-long response that no one will read.

Man Down is probably my favorite skate video too. ;)
When nothing in society deserves respect, we should fashion for ourselves in solitude new silent loyalties.

ChuckRamone

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 536
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #11 on: January 03, 2019, 09:31:37 PM »
fun part. and he is still hitting gnarly shit and taking serious slams. good stuff.

somethingmustbreaknow

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 499
« Reply #12 on: January 04, 2019, 03:14:35 AM »
duffel's rad.

Owen

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 302
    • My Photos avatar image
« Reply #13 on: January 04, 2019, 03:16:26 AM »
Just like his parts, this could of been much shorter
Jorts
Anklets
Rat tails
Sling shots
Toe rings
Shuv it tail grabs
Jump ramps

poor alice

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -133
  • ♦️♣️♥️♠️
« Reply #14 on: January 04, 2019, 03:23:30 AM »
Very very happy for more Corey footage.
I'm going to argue that Placebo owes their entire career to a Canadian dude's skate video part. Appleyard should be getting royalties for this shit.

stokedtrout

• Rep: 4
« Reply #15 on: January 04, 2019, 05:08:44 PM »

If he's having fun then he's doing it right. If you want all that flippity dippity you're looking in the wrong place.

winecrab

« Reply #16 on: January 04, 2019, 07:45:24 PM »
When did I say his skating should be technical? I didn’t mean he’s doing skateboarding wrong. I meant he should do the flat ground tricks first not after. That way if he lands it, he can do/try another trick. I was talking about his lines, not saying he should skate differently. What’s up with him and Foundation? He can’t be making much unless CONS is paying him.

pizzafliptofakie

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1967
« Reply #17 on: January 04, 2019, 08:34:17 PM »
I back his new approach pretty hard. His trick selection has always been interesting to me because even though his parts don’t have the deepest bag of tricks, he always throws real random ones in that are done pretty well imo. Nollie inward heels, nollie back heels, rickflips, hardflips, etc.

PC Principal

« Reply #18 on: January 05, 2019, 12:07:44 AM »
Not a fan bro! I know he apologized and it has been a long time since the big brother interview but that kind of disgusting hateful speech is unforgivable.

johnes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -238
« Reply #19 on: January 05, 2019, 11:47:42 AM »
Not a fan bro! I know he apologized and it has been a long time since the big brother interview but that kind of disgusting hateful speech is unforgivable.
That’s not very Christian of you.

At age 15 so many of us say shit and truly don’t know what it means or who it will hurt , it takes time to mature into an adult.
It’s not like he raped or murdered.
He said something that is nothing compared to the truly awful things on this planet.

I’m a fat Siamese cat.

SneakySecrets

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #20 on: January 05, 2019, 01:19:29 PM »
Watching his Nine Club was very illuminating.  He is still so childlike in some ways still.  It shows up in his skating too.

stokedtrout

• Rep: 4
« Reply #21 on: January 05, 2019, 02:09:22 PM »
When did I say his skating should be technical? I didn’t mean he’s doing skateboarding wrong. I meant he should do the flat ground tricks first not after. That way if he lands it, he can do/try another trick. I was talking about his lines, not saying he should skate differently. What’s up with him and Foundation? He can’t be making much unless CONS is paying him.

There is no way this can be derived from your original comment. Sounds to me like a good ol’ fashioned sidesteppin’

PC Principal

« Reply #22 on: January 05, 2019, 02:13:11 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

At age 15 so many of us say shit and truly don’t know what it means or who it will hurt , it takes time to mature into an adult.
He said something that is nothing compared to the truly awful things on this planet.
Fuck that bro. It starts with giving the duffman a pass... then you have to give JJ a pass.

johnes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -238
« Reply #23 on: January 05, 2019, 02:20:31 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
Fuck that bro. It starts with giving the duffman a pass... then you have to give JJ a pass.
I know you’re trolling because they aren’t really comparable.
I’m a fat Siamese cat.

PC Principal

« Reply #24 on: January 05, 2019, 02:30:14 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
[close]
Bro I’m not trolling. They are comparable both of them are racists that got exposed and “apologized” for their behavior. Only difference is one of them wears two hats. Yeah Duffel was young but once a racist always a racist.

Getty

• Rep: 48
« Reply #25 on: January 05, 2019, 03:07:53 PM »
I was curious how the railchomper guys were going to age but Duffel seems to be transitioning well to a less dangerous but still gnarly brand of skating. dude has matured, both as a person & a skater. feeling it.

Bagelskate

« Reply #26 on: January 05, 2019, 07:48:54 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
[close]
[close]
Bro I’m not trolling. They are comparable both of them are racists that got exposed and “apologized” for their behavior. Only difference is one of them wears two hats. Yeah Duffel was young but once a racist always a racist.

For a principal, your use of punctuation is disgusting. Clean it up, meat.

PC Principal

« Reply #27 on: January 05, 2019, 08:04:43 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
[close]
[close]
[close]

Bro nobody likes a grammar nazi. Buzz off bagel bigot.

hangontoyourego

« Reply #28 on: January 05, 2019, 09:40:18 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

If he's having fun then he's doing it right. If you want all that flippity dippity you're looking in the wrong place.

and since we are talking about his skating you are implying he’s doing it wrong .

Bagelskate

« Reply #29 on: January 06, 2019, 04:02:35 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
[close]
[close]
[close]

[close]
Bro nobody likes a grammar nazi. Buzz off bagel bigot.

Nah.

Edit: Way to resort to name calling. I find it extremely offensive you use the word nazi to describe me. Very insensitive to me and the countless people who have had their lives affected by the trash known as nazis.

I have a zero tolerance policy when it comes to bullies like you. Focus your account. You don’t deserve to be pc principal.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2019, 04:27:07 AM by Bagelskate »