Author Topic: Ledge Spot - Los Angeles  (Read 8941 times)

Lloyd Braun

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 80
Ledge Spot - Los Angeles
« on: January 10, 2019, 12:41:47 PM »
Thinking of going to LA for a few days. I’d like to skate the two granite ledges in a row, the one rick Howard slips out and his board goes in the water in fully flared and other iconic LA spots can anyone help me with a location on those ledges? Also recommendations for where to stay that’s close to spots but not too crazy expensive? Anyone want meet up and skate what about food spots I have to try.

billy.pepperidge

• Rep: -17
Re: Ledge Spot - Los Angeles
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2019, 12:52:04 PM »
Forget the name, it's like DPW or something? And it's surrounded by a moat on all sides except one narrow path leading directly to security. Those are nice benches or were the one time i got to them. Sewer Dept? Water Works?

El Chupacabra

• Rep: 147
    • Brujaria Skateboards avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2019, 01:12:56 PM »
Yeah, DWP is the one spot. Its a go again. USC ledges maybe. Really though, just skate around downtown LA you'll find stuff, if you wanna dodge security. Wilshire is fun too. Haven't been to JKwon in a while, dont know the status of that.
Hope Depot Spot is a shitton of fun if you like slappies and are in the Northeast.

Lloyd Braun

« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2019, 05:41:59 PM »
Yeah, DWP is the one spot. Its a go again. USC ledges maybe. Really though, just skate around downtown LA you'll find stuff, if you wanna dodge security. Wilshire is fun too. Haven't been to JKwon in a while, dont know the status of that.
Hope Depot Spot is a shitton of fun if you like slappies and are in the Northeast.

Do you have a street name for DWP looks like there are a few locations. I’d like to go to Home Depot too do have an address for that as well? Love to hit Jkwon, Lockwood the courthouse so many I probably won’t make it to. Thanks for the help boys!

honey island

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 640
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2019, 10:13:54 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Do you have a street name for DWP looks like there are a few locations. I’d like to go to Home Depot too do have an address for that as well? Love to hit Jkwon, Lockwood the courthouse so many I probably won’t make it to. Thanks for the help boys!

yo,

it's the john ferraro building - 111 N Hope St #1603, Los Angeles, CA 90012, USA

home depot isn't that great

lockwood is a bust

Allez_Jambon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 149
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2019, 12:00:03 AM »
JKwon has been fine for weeknights, but it's just skating flat. I was taking out the trash cans but now they've bolted screwed them in. The ledges get bondo'ed in very small sections but only last a week or so.

I'd imagine Koreatown is a cheaper place to stay. I live here and I like the restaurants and bars. It's close to Uber to Echo Park, Silver Lake, Hollywood, and downtown. There's decent skate tourism here as well. I prefer east over west side but I imagine Santa Monica / Venice may be an interest to you just for experience sake.

Nosferatu

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 687
« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2019, 10:56:09 AM »
can't miss DWP downtown...
I thought it wasnt just him solo, shouldve stuck with my og thought.
R.I.P Rusty. One of us.

El Chupacabra

« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2019, 01:26:12 PM »
Lockwood is a bust now? Lame.

Plenty of LA schoolyards with banks and butter benches to be had though. Just google around a bit.

Home Depot is fun! Its rough, but you can go to Footsies after. Its the HD on Figueroa st, where the 5 meets the 110, just north of DTLA.

Lloyd Braun

« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2019, 06:40:20 AM »
Hell yeah thank you boys. Any pals who live out there wanna link up this coming Saturday or Sunday morning?

nooky

• Rep: 9
« Reply #9 on: January 14, 2019, 07:47:02 AM »
i could be game for a slap slappy sesh at the HD curbs this weekend. i'll bring the coors or coffee depending on time of day
I started getting a lot better when I went back to college and started taking a lot of math classes when I was 31.

I figured out how to figure things out better, if that makes sense.

El Chupacabra

« Reply #10 on: January 15, 2019, 07:23:23 AM »
Sure why not. If I'm not working, I'll cruise over with some homies.

Saturday or Sunday?

Lloyd Braun

« Reply #11 on: January 18, 2019, 05:28:36 AM »
Sure why not. If I'm not working, I'll cruise over with some homies.

Saturday or Sunday?

Project schedule has changed won’t make it out there until the following weekend. If you guys want to link pm me your email or cell number and we can link up.

Lloyd Braun

« Reply #12 on: January 26, 2019, 07:45:46 AM »
Bumping this because I'm in LA anyone wants to link hit me up, Im staying in West LA right by the courthouse.

EPetrov

• Rep: -30
« Reply #13 on: February 03, 2019, 11:21:39 PM »
im going to LA mid February. Meeting up with a slap pal who I showed around chicago a few years go. Spot map with pins would be a dream

honey island

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 640
« Reply #14 on: February 04, 2019, 04:22:12 PM »
im going to LA mid February. Meeting up with a slap pal who I showed around chicago a few years go. Spot map with pins would be a dream

i think spot maps only exist that have pins to hollywood 16 and the court house. what in particular do you want to skate?

EPetrov

« Reply #15 on: February 04, 2019, 07:20:50 PM »
found this app: krak. It shows the spots. Heard you guys been getting a lot of rain. Hopefully its good mid February

El Chupacabra

« Reply #16 on: February 06, 2019, 12:31:04 PM »
Dude its been fuckin pouring, and its supposed to again next week, but if you guys end up in Northeast LA, hit me up, I'd be down to cruise around.

borntosin

• Rep: -25
  • Guilty as Sin
« Reply #17 on: February 12, 2019, 08:14:27 PM »
also travelling to LA on feb 22nd. using krak for spots but if there is any other app or site that has pinned spots would love to check it out. also down for meeting slapals
i can't even go to the grocery store without encountering at least a half dozen front feeble impossibles out up 8 stair sets

EPetrov

« Reply #18 on: February 21, 2019, 09:24:14 PM »
also travelling to LA on feb 22nd. using krak for spots but if there is any other app or site that has pinned spots would love to check it out. also down for meeting slapals

Dude its been fuckin pouring, and its supposed to again next week, but if you guys end up in Northeast LA, hit me up, I'd be down to cruise around.

y'all down to skate tomorrow or this weekend? I'll be in east los angeles close to belvedere park and diamond park.. Got myself a metro card though, so could travel.

Allez_Jambon

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #19 on: February 21, 2019, 11:10:50 PM »
How's the Krak app? I save all my spots to google maps and share with friends. However, we have to discover them first.

Monkey_Mcpott

« Reply #20 on: February 22, 2019, 04:26:01 AM »
I wouldn’t say I know every single spot in LA but I know most of the famous ones. Let me know if you guys need help finding spots.

EPetrov

« Reply #21 on: February 22, 2019, 04:34:33 PM »
whats the deal with school yards?

Heard they giving out tics.. Otherwise would like to  hit some.

El Chupacabra

« Reply #22 on: February 23, 2019, 09:40:09 AM »
Its been a bit since I've jumped a fence, but I'd stick to the lower-key schools. They all have blacktop and benches.

Monkey_Mcpott

« Reply #23 on: February 23, 2019, 09:49:27 AM »
Its been years since I've skated a school yard. Obviously the best times are on weekends. Try Sundays for high schools since they sometimes have Saturday school going. I've never gotten a ticket at a school but its definitely possible. It honestly just depends if the neighbors are willing to call the cops if they see you. Most school spots that are in the middle of the school where nobody can see you are more bullet proof of course.

What type of spots are trying to skate? Or are you trying to skate a specific school?

EPetrov

« Reply #24 on: February 23, 2019, 03:25:00 PM »
I mostly skate just ledges and banks. My ankle doesn't let me really jump off stuff more than like 3.5 feet high. IDk which ones i should go to. I been mostly skating plazas/parks (hollenbeck, serrano, lincoln park.) I Cruised downtown earlier this week, doing that again.. Ill give my # in PM if someone wants to link.

El Chupacabra

« Reply #25 on: February 23, 2019, 07:48:07 PM »
Im down to skate Garvanza tomorrow morning, like around 10 or 10:30.

jakeumms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1368
  • Runnin through the house with a pickle in my mouth
« Reply #26 on: February 28, 2019, 11:24:34 AM »
I walked by some pretty broken in ledges in Ktown last week. Don't know if they are known but they are on Wilshire in front of a building that's being redeveloped a few doors down from the HMS Bounty.
them cats are out getting mashed up to jungle, he's out mashing up jungle cats. it's just not gonna work.

Allez_Jambon

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #27 on: March 03, 2019, 10:58:46 AM »
i know this thread is askin for the ledge spot, but where is the hip at the beginning and the sw fs crook on the sidewalk bump to ledge?

https://www.instagram.com/p/BuHSeBTnpt4/

both east side, right?

El Chupacabra

« Reply #28 on: March 04, 2019, 03:15:34 PM »
The hip is in Highland Park, not far from Garvanza park. Its gnarly too.

Barf The Mog

« Reply #29 on: March 05, 2019, 11:04:24 AM »

Gaps and the Tim Gavin bumps. There's a lot to skate on the westside.