Author Topic: cookie war and peace??  (Read 33689 times)

honey island

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 640
Re: cookie war and peace??
« Reply #150 on: February 08, 2019, 09:13:49 AM »
i feel like that interview just muddled up things even more, because I've heard from several people that he was bummed as fuck for being left out

feel like considering elements luke warm handling of the part, they have no plans to turn him pro anytime soon

BMCsteve

• Rep: 56
« Reply #151 on: February 08, 2019, 09:22:38 AM »
WTF " I'm just organizing liquor, soft drinks, helping out at the pool bar"

Dude has been incredible for years, just put out one of the best parts in recent memory for one of the biggest board companies on the planet and right now he's probably putting Pepsi cans into a fridge

I'm not sure if Element does long term contracts with their Ams, if he just has some blind loyalty toward them or if they have a Russian piss tape with him in it but there has to be some explanation why he isn't pro and isn't getting paid decently

shit_for_brains

« Reply #152 on: February 08, 2019, 09:26:21 AM »
He's a company man through and through. He had some Mt Dew stuff when he first came on the scene where he was doing the "I'm Sean Malto and I'll sell fuckin' anything" schtick. He won't say anything bad about any company or any person in an interview ever. Even when he got kicked off Huf for not being "cool" enough he was like "yknow just a difference of opinion I guess." He could want to kill Miner with a rock but he'd never say anything negative in an interview.

honey island

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #153 on: February 08, 2019, 09:36:18 AM »
also 15 fucking filmers? are you insane?

Roisto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 474
« Reply #154 on: February 08, 2019, 11:46:39 AM »
Element fucking up confirmed^3!

This part stoked me out more than anything in the Peace video and I actually really liked most of the parts on that.

Monkey_Mcpott

« Reply #155 on: February 08, 2019, 12:23:44 PM »
But Tyson is/was pro for element? Like who the fuck wants a Tyson board?

RoaryMcTwang

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 473
« Reply #156 on: February 08, 2019, 08:16:39 PM »
More power to him for being all zen about everything, but what the hell? There must be huge demand for his board now, it makes zero sense not to turn him pro after this.

SLAPASONIC

• Rep: 22
« Reply #157 on: February 08, 2019, 09:13:11 PM »
The guy doesn't fit Element, but he really doesn't fit anywhere really.

honey island

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #158 on: February 08, 2019, 10:15:13 PM »
More power to him for being all zen about everything, but what the hell? There must be huge demand for his board now, it makes zero sense not to turn him pro after this.

from who? and what do you define as 'huge demand'?

the only discussion in relation to chris & pro, is people asking why he isn't pro. no one is asking for his board.

other than being a really good skateboarder, which isn't enough these days, there is nothing that is marketable about him. dude is as vanilla as they come.

« Last Edit: February 08, 2019, 10:23:56 PM by honey island »

Nicki

« Reply #159 on: February 08, 2019, 11:06:21 PM »
Summary: Cookie wanted to film, but Milner was busy with Julian, Tyson, etc as Cookie wasn’t a priority. Cookie hit up other filmers, told Miner what he got - but Miner couldn’t be fucked chasing it up, he didn’t film it, and edited Peace. When Miner got the footage, after Peace was finished, Miner realised he fucked up big time - and scambled to edited together a part to drop on Thrasher.

And if I bought an Element deck - it’d be a Cookie board for sure (first Element I would have bought since Markovich).

EastCoastLove

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 64
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #160 on: February 09, 2019, 07:33:13 AM »
Genuine guy with a modest attitude towards life. Been waiting for a Cookie board for years. Make it happen

SWPhillyFloater

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rep: 63
« Reply #161 on: February 09, 2019, 07:46:38 AM »
Element is really fucking up. Chris seems like a good guy just from reading the interview and always puts out amazing footage. No matter where he ends up I hope he gets a pro board, it's long overdue.

somedudefromnj

« Reply #162 on: February 09, 2019, 07:51:08 AM »
hat goes off to anyone chasing the pro dream but fuck that, you can make good money without putting your body on the line and still love skating at the same time

everythingisgreat

• Rep: -130
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #163 on: February 09, 2019, 10:49:11 AM »

Cookie Skateboards

johnes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -237
« Reply #164 on: February 09, 2019, 10:55:47 AM »
I want Cookie on girl.
I’m a fat Siamese cat.

Idk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 305
« Reply #165 on: February 09, 2019, 12:19:45 PM »

Tyroneshoelaces

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -626
  • who knows
« Reply #166 on: February 09, 2019, 02:04:11 PM »
FUCK ELEMENT FUCK MINER

Dude is a class act, humble and seems very gracious.  they turn Tyson Peterson pro??  the safe hands dude?  miner cuts Cookies footage cos he assumes it wasnt worth watching.

i know industry people lurk this board.  you are fucking up if you don't support this dude. 
where is home?

Sarcasm

• Rep: -9
« Reply #167 on: February 09, 2019, 02:57:56 PM »
I want Cookie on girl.
It would make sense if he was on Chocolate then his graphic would be a chocolate chip cookie.

shit_for_brains

« Reply #168 on: February 09, 2019, 04:03:10 PM »
FUCK ELEMENT FUCK MINER

Dude is a class act, humble and seems very gracious. they turn Tyson Peterson pro??  the safe hands dude?  miner cuts Cookies footage cos he assumes it wasnt worth watching.

i know industry people lurk this board.  you are fucking up if you don't support this dude.

They turned him pro and didn't pay him what they owed if at all which is why he doesn't ride for them anymore.

shannamal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 354
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #169 on: February 09, 2019, 06:18:50 PM »
Expand Quote
FUCK ELEMENT FUCK MINER

Dude is a class act, humble and seems very gracious. they turn Tyson Peterson pro??  the safe hands dude?  miner cuts Cookies footage cos he assumes it wasnt worth watching.

[close]

They turned him pro and didn't pay him what they owed if at all which is why he doesn't ride for them anymore.

wait what? that's the juicy gossip i come here for!

i don’t think any of you are real, i think slap was invented by my mom to make me think people want to talk to me

Ok

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1143
« Reply #170 on: February 09, 2019, 11:20:51 PM »
Unpopular opinion: dude looks like a dork.  Not for me.

jpmulls

• Rep: 6
« Reply #171 on: February 10, 2019, 07:42:10 AM »
He fits on Worble but also deserves to paid

GAY

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 3420
  • Those that SLAP, can't.
« Reply #172 on: February 10, 2019, 07:49:14 AM »

natenola forever

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 121
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #173 on: February 10, 2019, 09:01:20 AM »
Miner is a crazy perfectionist with videos, I could really see a lot of this coming down to Miner hating the way Cookies filmers film, or what cameras they use or settings or whatever, and it coming down all parties deciding to put footage out separately. As far as filming goes Peace is as close to perfect as you can get. I'm willing to bet most of the dudes on the team have a lot of stuff that got left on the table for nothing more than Miner hating the filming. Watch the extras for Stay Gold and how many times Reynolds refilmed that line that  starts with a Nollie front three down a set of stairs.

ihatejulio

• Mods
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1146
  • her
« Reply #174 on: February 10, 2019, 09:28:33 AM »
Miner is a crazy perfectionist with videos, I could really see a lot of this coming down to Miner hating the way Cookies filmers film, or what cameras they use or settings or whatever, and it coming down all parties deciding to put footage out separately. As far as filming goes Peace is as close to perfect as you can get. I'm willing to bet most of the dudes on the team have a lot of stuff that got left on the table for nothing more than Miner hating the filming. Watch the extras for Stay Gold and how many times Reynolds refilmed that line that  starts with a Nollie front three down a set of stairs.

Sorry but Miner is a weak ass director if he couldn't figure out how to fit Cookies footage in the Peace. He could have easily opened the video with Cookies standalone part as a clear separation from the rest of the video. Take Joslin's part in True. It feels as if that part was a separate entity entirely from the rest of the video even though they are edited together. Even with all the different filmers and filming styles, it is entirely possible Miner could have just placed his part first as a separation between the rest of Peace. What you don't do is leave the guy out of the video entirely and demoralize the guy on premiere night.   

Also, Cookies part was filmed really well, so Miner's little predilection to consider only his footage valuable is narcissistic and short-sighted.

Tyroneshoelaces

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -626
  • who knows
« Reply #175 on: February 10, 2019, 09:43:53 AM »
Reynolds' redos were at the demand of Reynolds himself.  He has said so in any interview post stay gold that ask him about it.  Stop trying to make miner seem like saint.  Dude blew it, straight up.
where is home?

bongboarder420

• Rep: 60
« Reply #176 on: February 10, 2019, 09:56:15 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

from who? and what do you define as 'huge demand'?

the only discussion in relation to chris & pro, is people asking why he isn't pro. no one is asking for his board.

other than being a really good skateboarder, which isn't enough these days, there is nothing that is marketable about him. dude is as vanilla as they come.

Every comment on their ig posts about the video part, people are asking why he isn’t pro and that they should turn him pro

johnes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -237
« Reply #177 on: February 10, 2019, 12:21:26 PM »
Remember when Ty did this to McCrank?
Rick thought he was gonna have like 3 tricks and a line in pretty sweet and was at the premier so insanely bummed that he went back to the hotel room and didn’t talk to anyone for the rest of the night.
This must be such an awful fucking feeling.
I’m a fat Siamese cat.

Ok

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1143
« Reply #178 on: February 10, 2019, 12:47:52 PM »
He has a wack style. It isn’t cool looking. Obviously the tricks are intense. There is a market for almost anything, I can’t see how his would be big though. His skating is extreme so he’s not exactly relatable, and it’s just not fun to watch. Maybe there’s a bunch of overachieving dorks that are feeling him

The Ghost of Lenny Kirk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -145
« Reply #179 on: February 10, 2019, 01:34:02 PM »
i dont get it. that part was nuts, if u cut it down by 3 minutes its still nuts. he has a strong connection to those Illegal Civ/FA dudes so hes good from a branding perspective despite being an awkward white dude.

did something murky happen off the books? money issues? element really blew it for themselves as much as they blew it for colburn. not sure what the excuse is.