Author Topic: cookie war and peace??  (Read 33684 times)

honey island

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 640
Re: cookie war and peace??
« Reply #180 on: February 10, 2019, 08:39:48 PM »
i dont get it. that part was nuts, if u cut it down by 3 minutes its still nuts. he has a strong connection to those Illegal Civ/FA dudes so hes good from a branding perspective despite being an awkward white dude.

am i missing something here? how does he have a strong connection to fa? being in IC2 7 years doesn't count for much in 2019.

nothing can help this guys branding. maybe if he didn't look a custom make your own player in a EA sports game, he'd have a chance.

« Last Edit: February 10, 2019, 08:46:50 PM by honey island »

Allen.

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 777
    • Cigarettes for Cardio avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #181 on: February 11, 2019, 04:26:07 AM »

Dude looks like a Dicks sporting goods employee
For someone w.no signature ur awfully hostile, & that is why I do this

Chatbot

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 79
« Reply #182 on: February 11, 2019, 07:29:43 AM »

Dude looks like a Dicks sporting goods employee

LOL this made my day

cloudy

« Reply #183 on: February 11, 2019, 07:40:57 AM »
nothing can help this guys branding. maybe if he didn't look a custom make your own player in a EA sports game, he'd have a chance.

not even...idabble video magazine?!

shit_for_brains

« Reply #184 on: February 11, 2019, 08:10:18 AM »
So you guys wouldn't fuck him?

robasheep

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 56
« Reply #185 on: February 11, 2019, 09:36:12 AM »
Holy shit that was good!  Dude has a deep bag of tricks! 

Hevonen

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 18
« Reply #186 on: February 11, 2019, 09:58:09 AM »
Very odd situation all around. His skating undeniably great in all aspects, comes of as a genuinely nice person and has all the top tier sponsors yet has to get a job as some warehouse assistant.

givecigstosurfgroms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -958
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #187 on: February 11, 2019, 11:11:08 AM »
Very odd situation all around. His skating undeniably great in all aspects, comes of as a genuinely nice person and has all the top tier sponsors yet has to get a job as some warehouse assistant.
  His steeze is a bit bow legged to be fair.
"I just care about the river, I dont care about your back"

GAY

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 3419
  • Those that SLAP, can't.
« Reply #188 on: February 11, 2019, 02:53:16 PM »
So you guys wouldn't fuck him?

Whoa you're painting with a pretty broad brush there pal.

know_your_role

• Rep: 10
« Reply #189 on: November 30, 2019, 06:41:09 AM »
so this was part of the year, right?

honey island

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #190 on: November 30, 2019, 12:24:56 PM »
not even top 10

givecigstosurfgroms

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #191 on: November 30, 2019, 04:33:07 PM »
  Flash in the pan

know_your_role

« Reply #192 on: December 01, 2019, 01:29:51 AM »

heckler

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 475
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #193 on: December 01, 2019, 04:44:26 AM »
Pull ten parts from 2019 out of a hat and I guarantee they’re likely more memorable than this one.
Ha SLAP's resident libtard and NY pro cocksucker.

GeorgeCostanza

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -18
« Reply #194 on: December 01, 2019, 05:04:08 AM »
i cannot remember a single trick from this part and probably didnt either immediately after watching it but I do remember stevie perez saying "no pussys skating my board please", just in terms of relative cultural impact
So Colllin have the same t-shirts, seven years by now, at least...

GeorgeCostanza

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -18
« Reply #195 on: December 01, 2019, 05:05:26 AM »
everytime i watch the full element video that came out last year (never) I lament the fact (i don't) that this part was not included in the video (couldn't care less)
So Colllin have the same t-shirts, seven years by now, at least...

Nicki

« Reply #196 on: December 01, 2019, 07:14:37 AM »
so this was part of the year, right?

Yes.

honey island

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #197 on: December 04, 2019, 05:03:05 AM »
everytime i watch the full element video that came out last year (never) I lament the fact (i don't) that this part was not included in the video (couldn't care less)

post of the year

Expand Quote
not even top 10
[close]
Go on then

literally any random part. take your pick. it's better

even this is better
« Last Edit: December 04, 2019, 05:11:35 AM by honey island »

AllShitty

• Rep: 0
« Reply #198 on: December 04, 2019, 11:08:08 AM »
I've said this before and since this thread popped back up I will say it again.  Chris is by far one of the most talented skateboarders ever.  If you've ever seen him skate in person you would agree.  He deserves a shot with some company.  If you're good at marketing you can make him marketable, there's certainly other basic, slightly nerdy looking white dudes that lots of people are fans of.

know_your_role

« Reply #199 on: December 04, 2019, 01:07:55 PM »
*me thinking honey island will HATE this list*
Ahem.. Trevor colden david gonzalez sebob walker part

givecigstosurfgroms

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #200 on: December 04, 2019, 01:27:10 PM »
I've said this before and since this thread popped back up I will say it again.  Chris is by far one of the most talented skateboarders ever.  If you've ever seen him skate in person you would agree.  He deserves a shot with some company.  If you're good at marketing you can make him marketable, there's certainly other basic, slightly nerdy looking white dudes that lots of people are fans of.
    Maybe he is that good, but his part doesn't concentrate on clean good skating so much as it does on super gnar.  His version of super gnar? -people don't be caring about.  -Thats why he got the 15 minutes to cut off.   I'd go farther and say that no one will give a shit about Milton in 5 years either but he's exciting af rite now.  Gnar just gets replaced by more gnar now.   Theres only one Pat Duffy questionable. -Hes already him.

rlang

• Rep: 19
« Reply #201 on: December 04, 2019, 01:31:21 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
    Maybe he is that good, but his part doesn't concentrate on clean good skating so much as it does on super gnar.  His version of super gnar? -people don't be caring about.  -Thats why he got the 15 minutes to cut off.   I'd go farther and say that no one will give a shit about Milton in 5 years either but he's exciting af rite now.  Gnar just gets replaced by more gnar now.   Theres only one Pat Duffy questionable. -Hes already him.

No. People don't get bored of gnarly skating...the dudes that do it just have a much shorter shelf life in which to 1-up themselves before an inevitable decline.

givecigstosurfgroms

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #202 on: December 04, 2019, 01:44:04 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

No. People don't get bored of gnarly skating...the dudes that do it just have a much shorter shelf life in which to 1-up themselves before an inevitable decline.
  theres that.  but cookie was hot and is now cold.  he just ollied onto the shelf and rolled across it breifly

fulltechnicalskizzy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1935
« Reply #203 on: December 04, 2019, 02:11:31 PM »
Cookieboy and peace

AllShitty

• Rep: 0
« Reply #204 on: December 04, 2019, 04:53:24 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

[close]
  theres that.  but cookie was hot and is now cold.  he just ollied onto the shelf and rolled across it breifly

I wouldn't say he's really been hot ever in the public spectrum, Element made the worst marketing push for him I've ever seen and other than that he's only really been in homie videos.  The dude is a footage machine, and if properly backed, his relevancy could be much higher than it is currently.

waltercronkite

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 179
« Reply #205 on: December 04, 2019, 11:15:41 PM »
This guy rips if only he had a gimmick for a bunch of 30 year old men to latch on to

pbj

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 28
« Reply #206 on: December 04, 2019, 11:25:02 PM »
so he just never got a board, even after having his part separated from the video ??
wow, Element really is the worst

cheetahsheets

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -581
« Reply #207 on: December 05, 2019, 02:45:22 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

post of the year

Expand Quote
Expand Quote
not even top 10
[close]
Go on then
[close]

even this is better

You’re fucking crazy.
Parts better then cookies this year:
1. Verso
2. Demolicion
3. Bobby’s part(very arguable I think cookies is better)
4. Tfunk(think cookies is better)
5. Rowan(think cookies is better)
6. Ryan Lay
7. Donovan and Daan(idk if a shared part counts)
8. Max Palmer
9. Romero
10. Jamie Foy(arguable yet again)
11. Tiago
12. Miles silva
13. kid that opened the darkstar video(cookies was better)
14. Kid that euro tm went on about on killing floor I forgot. (Cookies was better)

There’s only 7 parts I feel that are DEFINITIVELY better then cookies part. I have yet to see the slave video, and we still got a real and vans video left to drop.

Big Cat Clan ain’t nothin to fuck with

“Big Money
Big Cars
We living like Superstars”
TK 3:16

givecigstosurfgroms

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #208 on: December 05, 2019, 05:10:59 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

[close]
[close]

I wouldn't say he's really been hot ever in the public spectrum, Element made the worst marketing push for him I've ever seen and other than that he's only really been in homie videos.  The dude is a footage machine, and if properly backed, his relevancy could be much higher than it is currently.
  Ur rite he didnt seem supported at all.

Nicki

« Reply #209 on: December 05, 2019, 07:52:33 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

post of the year

Expand Quote
Expand Quote
not even top 10
[close]
Go on then
[close]

even this is better
[close]

You’re fucking crazy.
Parts better then cookies this year:
1. Verso (Probably Suciu’s second worst full part)
2. Demolicion
3. Bobby’s part
4. Tfunk
5. Rowan
6. Ryan Lay
7. Donovan and Daan

8. Max Palmer
9. Romero
10. Jamie Foy
11. Tiago

12. Miles silva
13. kid that opened the darkstar video
14. Kid that euro tm went on about on killing floor I forgot.

There’s only 7 parts I feel that are DEFINITIVELY better then cookies part. I have yet to see the slave video, and we still got a real and vans video left to drop.

So it’s top 5. And there were 36 Thrasher SOTY nominations.