Author Topic: Daryl Angel of NIKE SB  (Read 27887 times)

KevinOHara

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -11
Re: Daryl Angel of NIKE SB
« Reply #60 on: March 02, 2019, 04:16:12 PM »
That entire thing sounded court ordered.
100%

REGS

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 112
« Reply #61 on: March 02, 2019, 04:25:32 PM »
Anyone notice him skating with Sarah Meurle and some other Nike girls the other day? Thought that was odd, I guess they maybe don't know the story?

Trickflip

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 279
« Reply #62 on: March 02, 2019, 06:43:23 PM »
Anyone notice him skating with Sarah Meurle and some other Nike girls the other day? Thought that was odd, I guess they maybe don't know the story?
They might not know about slap. In that case, it'll take some time

Owen

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 302
    • My Photos avatar image
« Reply #63 on: March 03, 2019, 03:34:00 AM »
If my best friend started hitting women, dude I’d forever block that dude from my existence. With Daryl I think he just needs to retire/ delete social media presence with something as gnarly as hitting women on his record. His job was to promote skateboarding for companies. He blew it. He royally blew it, but he ironically somehow didn’t blow it with royal.

This 100%
Jorts
Anklets
Rat tails
Sling shots
Toe rings
Shuv it tail grabs
Jump ramps

shit_for_brains

« Reply #64 on: March 03, 2019, 04:56:17 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I heard of a young female skater or two who were in NYC skating around with Daryl until more concerned parties told them maybe they shouldn't.

ZeGerms

• Rep: 12
« Reply #65 on: March 05, 2019, 02:10:06 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

After hanging out a few more hours with DA, they will know about a big ol slap.

kneebone

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 369
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #66 on: March 05, 2019, 10:47:49 AM »
just watched that "apology" video.  lol, so he's "aware" of the (true) things people have been saying about him?  Of course he's aware of them, he committed the actions that people are talking about!  gtfo

SIMPLY

• Rep: 32
« Reply #67 on: March 05, 2019, 11:08:09 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
He definitely still gets Nikes somehow, he has a depop he sells all of them on
[close]

Remember that jenkem hangout with nestor where he opens a box of like, 40 pairs of adi-ease? there's no way anyone could skate that many pairs of shoes in a season. Like where do they go? Drop-offs? I figure daryl's stockpiled
[close]

I remember when he first got on Nike he uploaded a picture to myspace of his shoes stacking up to his ceiling. Can only imagine the packages getting fatter

I wouldn't say they are stockpiled because he is selling shoes as recent as the Orange Labels, which released in shops three days ago.

Technique

« Reply #68 on: March 05, 2019, 11:13:54 AM »
gonna buy a shit ton of cheap nikes off his depop now fuck yea

phlatspots

• Rep: -2
« Reply #69 on: March 05, 2019, 11:35:42 AM »
He was lucky to be on in general.

somedudefromnj

« Reply #70 on: March 05, 2019, 12:36:05 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

Remember that jenkem hangout with nestor where he opens a box of like, 40 pairs of adi-ease? there's no way anyone could skate that many pairs of shoes in a season. Like where do they go? Drop-offs? I figure daryl's stockpiled
[close]

I remember when he first got on Nike he uploaded a picture to myspace of his shoes stacking up to his ceiling. Can only imagine the packages getting fatter
[close]

I wouldn't say they are stockpiled because he is selling shoes as recent as the Orange Labels, which released in shops three days ago.

No way he retired. They probably still hook him up nicely awaiting the dust to settle.

What he did sucks but I do still like his skating and pray he apologized to those he did wrong. Nike probably paid old girl to take those posts down

Ed boy

• Rep: 80
« Reply #71 on: March 05, 2019, 01:29:10 PM »
Expand Quote
is theotis still on baker too? how is that dude still getting paid to skate.
[close]

Don't start trashing Theotis. Hate all you want on people that beat women, but Theotis is a good dude.

I back Theotis. He may have a goofy style but he gets a pass in my book. Hope he has a full part in Baker 4.

Ed boy

• Rep: 80
« Reply #72 on: March 05, 2019, 01:35:17 PM »
Dude isn’t sorry. He’s sorry he got caught.

Hevonen

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 18
« Reply #73 on: March 05, 2019, 01:45:02 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

No way he retired. They probably still hook him up nicely awaiting the dust to settle.

What he did sucks but I do still like his skating and pray he apologized to those he did wrong. Nike probably paid old girl to take those posts down
No way they payed anyone off to protect some b-list pro who has no impact on their sales. If anything, they could've milked this by making it a big deal that they don't support wife beaters

figureitout

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -141
« Reply #74 on: March 05, 2019, 02:08:39 PM »
Expand Quote
Good for him to finally admit everything and take the right steps to better himself. There’s absolutely no excuse for what he did but everyone deserves a second chance.
[close]
He didn't really admit to anything in that post and his court date was set for March 1st so those classes are probably court ordered.

exactly admitted to Nathan and then the scoff/ half eye roll when he says "...that i'm completely aware of..." he thinks its a joke. We may be dealing with a sociopath in Daryl not Bi polar...missed diagnosis perhaps?

somedudefromnj

« Reply #75 on: March 05, 2019, 02:50:04 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]
No way they payed anyone off to protect some b-list pro who has no impact on their sales. If anything, they could've milked this by making it a big deal that they don't support wife beaters

for a company like nike that does make way more sense

links, pics, and quotes

« Reply #76 on: October 20, 2019, 04:47:57 PM »

Ocelot

« Reply #77 on: October 20, 2019, 04:58:08 PM »

versacekid420

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1267
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #78 on: October 20, 2019, 06:08:49 PM »
gonna buy a shit ton of cheap nikes off his depop now fuck yea
whats his depop

Monkey_Mcpott

« Reply #79 on: October 20, 2019, 06:12:07 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

parting gift

It looks like they told him "Don't come in, well bring it to you".

Paco Supreme

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 552
  • One Trick Pony
« Reply #80 on: October 20, 2019, 06:27:07 PM »
I was thinking of this dude yesterday, in the past few weeks he was hand delivered PS blanks by one of the guys who works in the factory. Can’t be too hates amongst the industry if he’s still shooting with people and getting products

Maybe the repent turned genuine?

Matthew_James

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -191
« Reply #81 on: October 20, 2019, 08:49:14 PM »
It isn't abnormal for people to get free stuff from former sponsors after they're no longer pro. This doesn't mean that Daryl is on a come back or anything remotely close to it, because he'd have to do some heavy PR work along with some outstanding skateboarding to compliment it. We're all aware that his skateboarding has been going down hill for a while, and he was lucky that he was able to coast on Habitat and Nike for as long as he did. His last legit part was that D.A.R.Y.L. part that was released on Thrasher a year or so ago, and the comments are riddled with the same sort of "lazy/ easy trick skating" a la home stretch Pappalardo coupled with straight character assassination type shit.
At least when you're a washed-out hipster douchebag in NY, you can milk it at some decent looking, hard to skate spots. In LA you're just a tan-lined faggot in a school yard somewhere.

arrbee

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 443
« Reply #82 on: October 21, 2019, 04:57:20 AM »
Expand Quote
If my best friend started hitting women, dude I’d forever block that dude from my existence. With Daryl I think he just needs to retire/ delete social media presence with something as gnarly as hitting women on his record. His job was to promote skateboarding for companies. He blew it. He royally blew it, but he ironically somehow didn’t blow it with royal.
[close]

This 100%

They're just grateful he hasn't quit yet.
Quote from: DaveFuck
youre fucking FRIED if you think im gonna listen to dan corrigan talk about cariuma

Roald Dahnkle

• Rep: 28
« Reply #83 on: October 21, 2019, 05:21:20 AM »
I don't know I've posted this on here before but I was at the Copenhagen open last year, where I spot Daryl with a bunch of girls around him, another skater approached the girls with the opener "Has anyone here heard of Slap?"

iKobrakai

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -717
« Reply #84 on: October 21, 2019, 05:28:04 AM »
Why was he on Nike, to begin with?

Ocelot

« Reply #85 on: October 21, 2019, 06:25:07 AM »
I don't know I've posted this on here before but I was at the Copenhagen open last year, where I spot Daryl with a bunch of girls around him, another skater approached the girls with the opener "Has anyone here heard of Slap?"

that's so cringe

Donkey Lips

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 977
« Reply #86 on: October 21, 2019, 07:33:08 AM »
Why was he on Nike, to begin with?

Drafting off of Stefan.

heckler

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 475
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #87 on: October 21, 2019, 07:39:34 AM »
Expand Quote
Why did he have a career, to begin with?
[close]

Drafting off of Stefan.
Fixed this.
Ha SLAP's resident libtard and NY pro cocksucker.

Little Debbie

« Reply #88 on: October 21, 2019, 09:52:34 AM »

versacekid420

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1267
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #89 on: October 21, 2019, 10:05:06 AM »

i wonder how much nike paid him to take care of his son