Author Topic: Daryl Angel of NIKE SB  (Read 27744 times)

Lame_Nigga

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -6
  • Just a lame nigga who can't kickflip

ScudMantels

• Rep: -104
Re: Daryl Angel of NIKE SB
« Reply #31 on: March 01, 2019, 05:16:26 PM »
Theotis is probably the nicest dude on skateboarding, humble and always smiling, don't like his skating, but don't talk shit on him.
I'm with ya dude, be nice!.The guy hasn't gained a Instagram follower in 5 years and #YOUNGMONEY has consumed his soul, so please leave nice lil' Thee Thee alone!!

Matthew_James

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -191
« Reply #32 on: March 01, 2019, 06:55:35 PM »
https://www.instagram.com/darylangel/p/BufFKqBnO7e/?utm_source=ig_share_sheet&igshid=1960q2jcz94ae

I almost feel bad for the guy

I don’t. He put himself in that position, it wasn’t our actions that got him dropped from his sponsors and ostracized from society. I’m not surprised David Loy and Corey Duffel would leave support in his comments, but I was surprised to see Cab’s comment. I figured anyone who eats decently from skating would stay as far away from this dude as humanly possible...
At least when you're a washed-out hipster douchebag in NY, you can milk it at some decent looking, hard to skate spots. In LA you're just a tan-lined faggot in a school yard somewhere.

DirtyBurger

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 116
« Reply #33 on: March 01, 2019, 07:17:16 PM »
I started to kind of respect that a bit, but then I realized he didn't admit to anything. All I got was "Sorry, I was drunk", then the fucking rose above the letters was a real shitty move. I'd never thought I'd be happy to say that someones biggest sponsor was Royal trucks.

winecrab

• Rep: -176
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #34 on: March 01, 2019, 08:26:30 PM »
Good for him to finally admit everything and take the right steps to better himself. There’s absolutely no excuse for what he did but everyone deserves a second chance. 

bo bice

• Rep: 85
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #35 on: March 01, 2019, 09:39:16 PM »
I just hope Tate’s doin alright

Francis Xavier

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2213
« Reply #36 on: March 01, 2019, 09:44:21 PM »
He definitely still gets Nikes somehow, he has a depop he sells all of them on
Black n blue colorways only?

Damn I left my bubbler at my parents house

subparcurbslapper

• Rep: 2
« Reply #37 on: March 01, 2019, 09:57:02 PM »
Good for him to finally admit everything and take the right steps to better himself. There’s absolutely no excuse for what he did but everyone deserves a second chance.
He didn't really admit to anything in that post and his court date was set for March 1st so those classes are probably court ordered.

Lame_Nigga

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -6
  • Just a lame nigga who can't kickflip
« Reply #38 on: March 01, 2019, 11:41:35 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
Black n blue colorways only?
Dawg.

TurdyBird

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 154
  • <3
« Reply #39 on: March 02, 2019, 12:03:30 AM »
Not excusing anything he has done, however, this was incredibly brave of him to do. I don't know anything about him having to go to court or for what as mentioned above, nor do I know why most of his friends thinned out, but I know how hard it is to accept the fact that you have a mental illness. The way you are is all you know, and for someone to tell you you're a certain way, and they are certified to tell you this, is incredibly hard to accept.

With that said, I support anyone who takes the steps to become a better person.

You guys talk all this shit, and I'm not gonna sit here justify what he did at all. However, when are you fucks going to encourage people to do better, rather than tell them they're garbage and always will be garbage. There might be less toxicity in the world, but what the fuck do I know. I post on slap to a majority of dudes, who refuse to type or read more than two sentences.

As a human, I hope he's able to achieve being better. If there is anyone talking shit on Daryl, but loves Mike Tyson...you're a moron.
The chillest1

puff daddy

• Rep: -13
  • all we do is watch mtv cribs
« Reply #40 on: March 02, 2019, 12:14:14 AM »
get the fuck outta here daryl didnt own up or admit to anything he didnt even apologize to the people he abused

lol at "bipolar-ness"

pussyslayer7

• Rep: -12
« Reply #41 on: March 02, 2019, 12:18:46 AM »
Daryl of sponsors completely?
Or is he still on Royal and Ricta?
Do royal and ricta even still exist?

TurdyBird

• SLAP Pal
  • <3
« Reply #42 on: March 02, 2019, 01:09:44 AM »
get the fuck outta here daryl didnt own up or admit to anything he didnt even apologize to the people he abused

lol at "bipolar-ness"

He doesn't owe you shit, let alone an apology dipshit. I'm sure he's profusely apologized to those that matter to him. Best way for him to make amends, is by taking the steps, and dedicating himself to being a better person. Apologies only go so far. You really want him to make an apology for all you narcissistic assholes to subjectively decide whether he meant it or not? Get over yourself

I'd laugh at you, but it'd feel like laughing at a less fortunate person.
The chillest1

puff daddy

• Rep: -13
  • all we do is watch mtv cribs
« Reply #43 on: March 02, 2019, 01:23:26 AM »
he didnt acknowledge what he did and instead tried to make himself out to be the victim i dont feel sorry for this guy and an instagram video isnt brave

Francis Xavier

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #44 on: March 02, 2019, 04:04:27 AM »
The encouragement to do better comes when we actually see said person trying. Look at the Antwuan support when he came back around, or how Bam fooled a lot of us thinking he'd drop 100 lbs and put out some content. Daryl has a long road to growing up, and a lot to legally oblige to in regards to his charges- guilty or not. The fact he has multiple charges for roughly the same thing over the years does not show any growth as a person to me. Sure,posting a video is hard, but much like Jason Jessee's video it isn't going to instantly sway the opinions laid down firmly in other's minds.

TurdyBird

• SLAP Pal
  • <3
« Reply #45 on: March 02, 2019, 05:09:05 AM »
The encouragement to do better comes when we actually see said person trying. Look at the Antwuan support when he came back around, or how Bam fooled a lot of us thinking he'd drop 100 lbs and put out some content. Daryl has a long road to growing up, and a lot to legally oblige to in regards to his charges- guilty or not. The fact he has multiple charges for roughly the same thing over the years does not show any growth as a person to me. Sure,posting a video is hard, but much like Jason Jessee's video it isn't going to instantly sway the opinions laid down firmly in other's minds.

Dude just made the Instagram post, I don't expect him to be better today. Also, get off you're holier than thou mindset. You don't know dude personally, and we don't know you either. People fuck up and maybe this is a way for him to hold true to.his word

Also, about the Jason Jessee thing. He has become better! Dude was a racist, and now seems to be down with a lot of guys who are not the same skin color. Think he'd be able to tolerate being on cona with Al Davis and Louie? Regardless, guy has seemed to be a lot better. I'm not even trying to act like I know dude as well. Some of you look you guys we're late to the party but didn't mind turning it to a.shit show when you got there
The chillest1

guest1

« Reply #46 on: March 02, 2019, 05:54:52 AM »
I agree with TurdyBird.  I give people credit and a little more respect when they man up to their wrong doings. 

EDIT: Also, as a recovering alcoholic I respect anyone that admits they have a problem and takes the steps necessary to better themselves.

Fight me.

Shalom
« Last Edit: March 02, 2019, 06:05:20 AM by The Squid »

JamesFardy

• Rep: 65
    • Gyfcat.com avatar image
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #47 on: March 02, 2019, 07:02:10 AM »
If my best friend started hitting women, dude I’d forever block that dude from my existence. With Daryl I think he just needs to retire/ delete social media presence with something as gnarly as hitting women on his record. His job was to promote skateboarding for companies. He blew it. He royally blew it, but he ironically somehow didn’t blow it with royal.

GOKU

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 113
« Reply #48 on: March 02, 2019, 07:03:53 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Dude just made the Instagram post, I don't expect him to be better today. Also, get off you're holier than thou mindset. You don't know dude personally, and we don't know you either. People fuck up and maybe this is a way for him to hold true to.his word

Also, about the Jason Jessee thing. He has become better! Dude was a racist, and now seems to be down with a lot of guys who are not the same skin color. Think he'd be able to tolerate being on cona with Al Davis and Louie? Regardless, guy has seemed to be a lot better. I'm not even trying to act like I know dude as well. Some of you look you guys we're late to the party but didn't mind turning it to a.shit show when you got there

People still say "dude" so much in that stupid skater vernacular with purposely missing words preceding and succeeding it?

Anyhoo, I've seen you low key defending clearly wack people/companies in numerous threads this morning, I'm hoping you're just trolling...

Francis Xavier

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #49 on: March 02, 2019, 07:34:14 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I've been through DV shit, and speak from experience...but if you want to call it holier than thou thats cool,dude. I know Jason Jessee has/was changed,citing his video as an example was specifically to express how the Shalom posters of Slap embraced it,and embrace Daryls video. Some will accept it as a direct apology while others feel its a political stance in keeping one's reputation in skateboarding while hiding their true self.

Talk is cheap, Daryl or anyone can post a video saying they're going to do better,but their actions following actually show everyone what's really up. I said it is going to take some time for Daryl to change, I don't expect him to help the elderly cross the street right after or go to a women's march today. Jason is on the right path and people still don't like him, Daryl will get the same treatment.

Use the search option and look up any previous Daryl beats a woman threads,tons of proper points made throughout the shit show they may or may not have become.

Robert Baratheon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 40
« Reply #50 on: March 02, 2019, 07:45:58 AM »
It looks like he's taking the proper steps to make his life better. It's not easy to publicly come out and address ones  demons like that. I hope he makes his amends and finds peace. Nobody is a throwaway.

Allen.

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 718
    • Cigarettes for Cardio avatar image
« Reply #51 on: March 02, 2019, 07:53:12 AM »
I love apologies where the person apologizing doesn’t actually say what they’re sorry for because they are still not ready to admit what they did was wrong when that’s what the fuck an apology is.

Dude isn’t sorry. He’s sorry he got caught.
For someone w.no signature ur awfully hostile, & that is why I do this

Robert Baratheon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 40
« Reply #52 on: March 02, 2019, 07:59:55 AM »
I love apologies where the person apologizing doesn’t actually say what they’re sorry for because they are still not ready to admit what they did was wrong when that’s what the fuck an apology is.

He owes an apology to the people he wronged. Daryl actually doesn't owe you anything.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2019, 08:02:26 AM by Robert Baratheon »

CoMpLeMenTs4Uonlysometime

« Reply #53 on: March 02, 2019, 08:00:19 AM »

Naw didn't get that vibe. I do find it weird when people read pre written statements though, I think psychologically it adds another barrier between them and the audience and makes it a bit easier to say.  He should fade away into obscurity now. I guess he wanted to at least say something and address it. Can't blame him but don't respect him.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2019, 08:02:46 AM by CoMpLeMenTs4Uonlysometime »

Allen.

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 718
    • Cigarettes for Cardio avatar image
« Reply #54 on: March 02, 2019, 08:27:09 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]
Naw didn't get that vibe. I do find it weird when people read pre written statements though, I think psychologically it adds another barrier between them and the audience and makes it a bit easier to say.  He should fade away into obscurity now. I guess he wanted to at least say something and address it. Can't blame him but don't respect him.

I respect your opinion but I feel like distancing himself from what he is doing to try to save face reads poorly. The whole “you know what I did, I now what I did” thing is wack.

He addressed the rumors that everyone held as fact for years without saying “yes, the allegations against me of domestic violence are true.” I wouldn’t be dismissing his apology video as quickly had he done that.

Instead he blamed it on being the youngest of four brothers and bi-polar.
For someone w.no signature ur awfully hostile, & that is why I do this

TurdyBird

• SLAP Pal
  • <3
« Reply #55 on: March 02, 2019, 11:19:27 AM »
Expand Quote
Not excusing anything he has done, however, this was incredibly brave of him to do. I don't know anything about him having to go to court or for what as mentioned above, nor do I know why most of his friends thinned out, but I know how hard it is to accept the fact that you have a mental illness. The way you are is all you know, and for someone to tell you you're a certain way, and they are certified to tell you this, is incredibly hard to accept.

With that said, I support anyone who takes the steps to become a better person.

You guys talk all this shit, and I'm not gonna sit here justify what he did at all. However, when are you fucks going to encourage people to do better, rather than tell them they're garbage and always will be garbage. There might be less toxicity in the world, but what the fuck do I know. I post on slap to a majority of dudes, who refuse to type or read more than two sentences.

As a human, I hope he's able to achieve being better. If there is anyone talking shit on Daryl, but loves Mike Tyson...you're a moron.
[close]

Hey look, the self-described internet tough guy who calls everyone dipshits is suddenly the voice of tolerance and respect! You're a real piece of work, Trudy! SHALOM

Haha, awww Rick. You too can change sweetie. You don't have to be a kook another day. I'm here for you when you decide to make that leap <333
The chillest1

drunk guy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 93
« Reply #56 on: March 02, 2019, 03:03:17 PM »
Shaqwalker with the truth in the comments

Dwyck

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 150
  • Harley-Davidson Ironwing
« Reply #57 on: March 02, 2019, 03:06:32 PM »

Remember that jenkem hangout with nestor where he opens a box of like, 40 pairs of adi-ease? there's no way anyone could skate that many pairs of shoes in a season. Like where do they go? Drop-offs? I figure daryl's stockpiled
Regular stance is a mental disorder defined by the DSM-5

StabMasterArson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 774
« Reply #58 on: March 02, 2019, 03:13:44 PM »
That entire thing sounded court ordered.

somedudefromnj

« Reply #59 on: March 02, 2019, 03:55:15 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Remember that jenkem hangout with nestor where he opens a box of like, 40 pairs of adi-ease? there's no way anyone could skate that many pairs of shoes in a season. Like where do they go? Drop-offs? I figure daryl's stockpiled

I remember when he first got on Nike he uploaded a picture to myspace of his shoes stacking up to his ceiling. Can only imagine the packages getting fatter