Author Topic: Jordan Maxham and Sierra Fellers are starting their own Video Magazine  (Read 6303 times)

Fastfreddy

Re: Jordan Maxham and Sierra Fellers are starting their own Video Magazine
« Reply #30 on: March 06, 2019, 11:47:00 AM »

After reading the Jenkem article, this quote disturbed me:

Newer skate media projects like The Nine Club Experience and ETN struggled to sustain themselves by making people pay to watch their content. Why will iDabble be different?
"iDabble will be different because it’s as close to free as it can be. 30 minutes of content from your favorite skaters and it’s hosted by Appleyard. As people who have been skating for 20 years, we would gladly pay $5 for anything that Appleyard is going to host, and it’s not going to even be $5. To know he is going to be the one talking and being the Lance Mountain [former host of 411], that to us is worth $5 or $10 per issue."

I'm not knocking the idea, I'm not knocking the motivation to do so - I think the concept is fantastic - but as professionals functioning in the current economic climate that IS skateboarding, how can individuals have their blinders on so tight?

Best of luck- i mean that sincerely - I want everyone who has a cool idea to succeed, but to base your business plan around assumptions and an almost childlike presumption that things will just pan out is naive in my opinion.

Utopos

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -23
  • Who Cares
« Reply #31 on: March 06, 2019, 01:36:42 PM »

After reading the Jenkem article, this quote disturbed me:

Newer skate media projects like The Nine Club Experience and ETN struggled to sustain themselves by making people pay to watch their content. Why will iDabble be different?
"iDabble will be different because it’s as close to free as it can be. 30 minutes of content from your favorite skaters and it’s hosted by Appleyard. As people who have been skating for 20 years, we would gladly pay $5 for anything that Appleyard is going to host, and it’s not going to even be $5. To know he is going to be the one talking and being the Lance Mountain [former host of 411], that to us is worth $5 or $10 per issue."

I'm not knocking the idea, I'm not knocking the motivation to do so - I think the concept is fantastic - but as professionals functioning in the current economic climate that IS skateboarding, how can individuals have their blinders on so tight?

Best of luck- i mean that sincerely - I want everyone who has a cool idea to succeed, but to base your business plan around assumptions and an almost childlike presumption that things will just pan out is naive in my opinion.

Do kids today even know who Appleyard is? They should but they probably don't or don't care.

StabMasterArson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 774
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #32 on: March 06, 2019, 01:45:58 PM »
I do my best to dodge any video associated with these guys. Maybe they can do a clothing line and sell it exclusively at bowling alleys.

SneakySecrets

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1069
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #33 on: March 06, 2019, 03:17:30 PM »

I agree, but to be fair, what were they supposed to say?  “Yeah we’re pretty sure this thing is going to tank in a few months.  We have no clue what the fuck we are doing.”
When nothing in society deserves respect, we should fashion for ourselves in solitude new silent loyalties.

Googan Christmas

• Rep: 25
« Reply #34 on: March 06, 2019, 09:14:40 PM »
I’m gonna be positive about this one, I did love me a video magazine, and I like Maxham and Appleyard, so two outta three ain’t bad.

Billy Bitchcakes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 496
  • Q U I T E S T Y L I S H
« Reply #35 on: March 07, 2019, 03:08:14 AM »

"iDabble will be different because it’s as close to free as it can be."

except for like, just about all other skate video content created these days that is actually free
During sex to prevent myself from ejaculating I think about Osama Bin Laden running my dick through a sewing machine.

OrangeVHStapes

• Rep: 85
« Reply #36 on: March 07, 2019, 07:40:46 AM »
I had no idea what to expect, I randomly start scrolling through the video and I see myself drinking a beer with my friend Richie Banks from like 5 years ago... That was strange.

Monkey_Mcpott

« Reply #37 on: March 09, 2019, 07:55:48 PM »
I'm confused. Is this going to also be streamed on itunes and that's whats gonna cost 5-10 dollars? Because to pre-order dvd for the first issue on their website says its 29.95 for 34 minutes of content. I'm all for exclusive content but when they are telling us that this will be cheaper that any other skate video I've ever bought I thought they meant the DVD which I cant think of the last skate DVD that's cost that much. Maybe Baker 3?
« Last Edit: March 09, 2019, 07:58:22 PM by Monkey_Mcpott »

CoMpLeMenTs4Uonlysometime

« Reply #38 on: March 09, 2019, 09:19:06 PM »
Why don't more people have L I T ass corporate food or cheese sponsors like Jordan maxham? Wtf? Id wanna be sponsored by thornloe cheese curds.

Merlin

• Rep: -52
« Reply #39 on: March 09, 2019, 09:38:04 PM »
I'm confused. Is this going to also be streamed on itunes and that's whats gonna cost 5-10 dollars? Because to pre-order dvd for the first issue on their website says its 29.95 for 34 minutes of content. I'm all for exclusive content but when they are telling us that this will be cheaper that any other skate video I've ever bought I thought they meant the DVD which I cant think of the last skate DVD that's cost that much. Maybe Baker 3?

They only made a few dvd’s, that’s why they are expensive. It has already been discussed in previous threads and jenkum.

Monkey_Mcpott

« Reply #40 on: March 09, 2019, 09:42:20 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

They only made a few dvd’s, that’s why they are expensive. It has already been discussed in previous threads and jenkum.

Fuck  :-\

ChrisSennsGirlfriend

• Rep: 130
« Reply #41 on: March 10, 2019, 12:20:17 PM »
if skateboarding were an addict this would be rock bottom.

shalom.
Mike Anderson is a small town labor union hottie

georgethecat

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 638
« Reply #42 on: March 10, 2019, 12:38:24 PM »
I had no idea what to expect, I randomly start scrolling through the video and I see myself drinking a beer with my friend Richie Banks from like 5 years ago... That was strange.

That is strange. What you got there, Tecate?

Powerslide

• Rep: -28
« Reply #43 on: March 10, 2019, 12:47:56 PM »
if skateboarding were an addict this would be rock bottom.

shalom.

BAM.

OrangeVHStapes

• Rep: 85
« Reply #44 on: March 11, 2019, 10:39:46 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

That is strange. What you got there, Tecate?

Yessir. Tecate is far superior to Modello in my opinion. Pacifico after that then maybe... Hmmm, el presidente.

baroque_0bama

• Rep: 21
  • Feathers McGraw
« Reply #45 on: March 11, 2019, 01:00:44 PM »
Jordan Maxham is a vacuous cunt.

theSketchLord

• Rep: 42
    • https://images.scribblelive.com/2021/1/4/ca9a0ca8-586d-41e3-ad94-131825707ea0.gif avatar image
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
Not that sold on the name but I like the concept so I bought the DVD and VHS cos' I'm a nerd.
"Broke the tail, like a well oiled snail"

paraquat

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 199
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
I preordered it wasted and forgot I did so. It showed up and I haven’t opened it.

Bony cawk

• Rep: 23
A video magazine in 2019?

guest1

I mean..at least it’s not a new board company.