Author Topic: Backpacks, Messenger Bags, Travel Bags, etc. Favorites?  (Read 4026 times)

Frank

• Mods
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1429
  • daddy bought you a pony
Backpacks, Messenger Bags, Travel Bags, etc. Favorites?
« on: March 07, 2019, 06:24:39 AM »
have looked via search bar for a thread but only found brand specific threads.

what bags do use and why?

i have this super big vans rolltop backpack that is surprinsingly tough and basically a rip off of some bike messenger type backpack but without real bike travel features like a solid backpanel that i have been using for about 8 years now to carry bigger loads or when i travel.

never really owned a travel bag, just used gym bags and big backpacks for flights and stuff.

i had a cheap poler backpack that i got for 20 bucks once but that thing was honestly trash and meanwhile broke on all fronts. looking for something that can carry around 20 liters.

i like this messenger bag, because my right shoulder is fucked so it might be nice to just carry stuff on one side. you can also make it so you basically wear it like a cross strapped backpack. it would also be still cheaper to get it sent from indonesia to europe than to buy a similar bag from a brand like chrome.

https://lbbjkt.com/the-echelon-s-#/14-color-black/52-cobra_buckle-none

Lee Ralphs Dear Old Mum

Re: Backpacks, Messenger Bags, Travel Bags, etc. Favorites?
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2019, 07:42:52 AM »
Chrome (preferably the Made in USA ones). Indestructible and I get a bro deal on them.

coneklr

« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2019, 06:31:11 PM »
For traveling with skate product, I loved my incase p-rod duffle bag I used to have.  That thing was perfect

iwishilivedinfinla

« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2019, 07:18:50 PM »
For traveling with skate product, I loved my incase p-rod duffle bag I used to have.  That thing was perfect

goddamn it was a well designed bag lol

coneklr

« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2019, 07:31:22 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

goddamn it was a well designed bag lol

It really was

Esmith5488

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 390
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2019, 07:38:35 PM »

I’m currently looking to replace my p-rod backpack, that bag was indestructible and had pockets for everything

InternetDaddy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 42
  • sup breh
« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2019, 08:13:15 PM »
I've been biking a lot, hit up the chrome xmas sale and got two:

https://www.chromeindustries.com/product/kadet-nylon-messenger-bag/BG-196.html?dwvar_BG-196_size=NA&dwvar_BG-196_color=CAMO&cgid=messenger_bags

and

https://www.chromeindustries.com/product/urban-ex-rolltop-18l-backpack/BG-217.html?dwvar_BG-217_color=KHBK&cgid=backpacks

the Kadet is small but that's what I was looking for. Just a comfy messenger style bag for days spent fucking around in the city. I can fit a water bottle, snack, and some other odds and ends comfortably. The Urban Ex is waterproof and looks really good, can fit a good amount of stuff too. Kind of wish I had gone for the bigger size, but I like it a lot anyway. I always liked Chrome's stuff from afar, the quality does not disappoint.
Look I'm not selling anything that doesn't have my jizz on it. I don't care how much is offered.

jakeumms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1274
  • Runnin through the house with a pickle in my mouth
« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2019, 08:22:03 PM »
Those Chrome prices are pretty nuts though.
them cats are out getting mashed up to jungle, he's out mashing up jungle cats. it's just not gonna work.

Murge

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 427
« Reply #8 on: March 07, 2019, 08:39:23 PM »
I want that bag someone on here posted at some point. It could hold a board  it could be a duffle bag a messenger bag or back pack it was like Optimus prime as a bag. I forgot what it was called.

I recently bought that small sling bag that orchard has. Never thought I’d buy a small bag like that but the orchard one looked to dope to pass up.

InternetDaddy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 42
  • sup breh
« Reply #9 on: March 07, 2019, 10:09:18 PM »

yeah, the sale was really good which is the only reason the purchase happened lol
Look I'm not selling anything that doesn't have my jizz on it. I don't care how much is offered.

Hypnotoad

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 156
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #10 on: March 07, 2019, 11:43:28 PM »
https://www.dakine.com/en-us/bags/backpacks/street-backpacks/split-adventure-38l-backpack/

I use this bag for most of my travel.  I like it a lot.
They change colors periodically so you can catch their stuff on sale relatively easily.  Really good bag with deployable board straps.

SUPREMENECKPROTECTOR

• Rep: 99
« Reply #11 on: March 08, 2019, 01:14:24 AM »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ThARnxWE-iQ

Currently waiting for this to be back in stock. Tactics still has them but i´m not in the US.

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
« Reply #12 on: March 08, 2019, 11:57:44 AM »
i originally planned on buying the urban ex 18l rolltop, but couldn't find a good enough deal on it. then got super curious about the lbb stuff.

i ordered the life behind bars messenger bag last night. they even already sent it out. ups says it will deliver monday. will report back. pretty psyched about it! 123,- euros including shipping for the smaller one that carries 22 liters.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2019, 03:12:52 PM by Frank »

ohnowisee

• Rep: -2
« Reply #13 on: March 08, 2019, 02:50:27 PM »

There was actually a good sale on their site like 2 weeks ago.  I just a got new one to replace the one I had for like 10 years for $65.  They're solid bags
Ilford is way more core than Kodak - natenola forever

fulfillthedream

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 305
« Reply #14 on: March 08, 2019, 08:56:30 PM »
I use this as my daily backpack for work and whenever i am outside. It works perfect for me. I never use it to hold my board. I just got it for all the functional pockets;

im the dude who has EVERYTHING in my backpack at all times; extra charging cables , powerbanks, skatetool, umbrella etc so this works perfect.. i never have to swtich out bags or gear.. have one pack ready to go for work or skate missions.
Skateboarding is like jacking-off, it's that good- Jeremy Klein

[

sneakpeekmeek

• Rep: 2
« Reply #15 on: March 08, 2019, 09:44:07 PM »
Just copped a thrasher duffle bag with straps on the bottom that hold a skate setup

fulfillthedream

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 305
« Reply #16 on: March 09, 2019, 12:16:51 AM »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ThARnxWE-iQ

Currently waiting for this to be back in stock. Tactics still has them but i´m not in the US.

whoa that's rad! theories has it!
Skateboarding is like jacking-off, it's that good- Jeremy Klein

[

Paco Supreme

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 525
  • One Trick Pony
« Reply #17 on: March 09, 2019, 12:29:19 AM »
I was never really a bag kind of person, but on a whim I ordered one of these a couple years back. Sure it’s a bum bag, but it’s incredibly well made, hand made by some dude in Canada and fits anything and everything I could need while out

Bagelskate

• Rep: 62
« Reply #18 on: March 09, 2019, 10:43:58 AM »
https://www.dakine.com/en-us/bags/backpacks/street-backpacks/split-adventure-38l-backpack/

I use this bag for most of my travel.  I like it a lot.
They change colors periodically so you can catch their stuff on sale relatively easily.  Really good bag with deployable board straps.

They’re a quality company. I’ve had my dakine backpack for 10+ years and nothing’s broken. Just a bit faded

CoMpLeMenTs4Uonlysometime

« Reply #19 on: March 09, 2019, 10:54:12 AM »
What do you guys think of my backpack I made it my avatar to show solidarity with this thread because I appreciate a good bag. I'm thinking of getting something with a bit more chrome on it though.

Yibb-Tstll

• Rep: 52
« Reply #20 on: March 09, 2019, 02:00:47 PM »
I was never really a bag kind of person, but on a whim I ordered one of these a couple years back. Sure it’s a bum bag, but it’s incredibly well made, hand made by some dude in Canada and fits anything and everything I could need while out

I never felt like carrying my lock on me while biking, I usually keep it mount on the frame and put the extra loop cable over my shoulder. Even if I fall less on a bike, it feels to me as unsafe as skating with my keys on a carabiner.

As for bags, I usually use the Chrome Bravo 2.0 as a "daily or up to 4 days trip (including plane)" bag, and an eastpak sawer that have more pockets than the usual model without being bigger, classic euro-plaza gear.

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
« Reply #21 on: March 09, 2019, 02:58:44 PM »
What do you guys think of my backpack I made it my avatar to show solidarity with this thread because I appreciate a good bag. I'm thinking of getting something with a bit more chrome on it though.

i think this is a very good bag. it's always good to be able to carry around at least a towel and a water bottle. the small shoulder straps may look uncomfortable at first, but they give the bag a sleek, fashionable look. 

CoMpLeMenTs4Uonlysometime

« Reply #22 on: March 09, 2019, 04:56:13 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

i think this is a very good bag. it's always good to be able to carry around at least a towel and a water bottle. the small shoulder straps may look uncomfortable at first, but they give the bag a sleek, fashionable look.
Thank you. It's hard to find straps that fit my massive Pecs properly while also being fashionable. You are right though they aren't the most comfortable.

Shifty Flip

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 295
  • and the whistle is screaming
« Reply #23 on: March 09, 2019, 05:27:06 PM »
Always and forver.
SHALOM

https://youtu.be/9IKSTyP7Swo

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1566
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #24 on: March 09, 2019, 06:16:05 PM »

What's the info on this?

Paco Supreme

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 525
  • One Trick Pony
« Reply #25 on: March 09, 2019, 06:34:03 PM »

What's the info on this?

It’s called the bummer bag, was a collab from no fun press and mosher originals

https://mosheroriginals.com/collections/collaborations/products/bummer-bag

Sundaynuggets

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Rep: 124
« Reply #26 on: March 09, 2019, 07:36:02 PM »
I want that bag someone on here posted at some point. It could hold a board  it could be a duffle bag a messenger bag or back pack it was like Optimus prime as a bag. I forgot what it was called.

I recently bought that small sling bag that orchard has. Never thought I’d buy a small bag like that but the orchard one looked to dope to pass up.

This one?

https://theories-of-atlantis.myshopify.com/collections/traffic/products/pbp-x-traffic-convertible-bag-olive

RossDailey

• Rep: -54
« Reply #27 on: March 10, 2019, 01:01:09 AM »
I use this as my daily backpack for work and whenever i am outside. It works perfect for me. I never use it to hold my board. I just got it for all the functional pockets;

im the dude who has EVERYTHING in my backpack at all times; extra charging cables , powerbanks, skatetool, umbrella etc so this works perfect.. i never have to swtich out bags or gear.. have one pack ready to go for work or skate missions.

I have this same pack & got it for the same reasons (lots of pockets / organizational options).

About 3 years on, it's a damn good pack.

( I use the skate strap to lock in my lunch pail... probably not the intended use )

Bagelskate

• Rep: 62
« Reply #28 on: March 10, 2019, 01:23:13 AM »
Definitely used to strap my lunch box to the board holder on my backpack too.

DirtyBurger

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 116
« Reply #29 on: March 10, 2019, 06:36:33 AM »
I've always been the guy who has useless shit in his bag. I was using the chrome mini metro, but I've always preferred an actual backpack to a messenger bag, so I picked up the fortnight model they make. Both were great, well made, and you can put so much stuff in there. Theres videos of people on youtube packing things in there and it's kind of funny. As everyone else said though you can definitely find it on sale somewhere.