Author Topic: official depop thread  (Read 44243 times)

concerned_parent

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 281
Re: official depop thread
« Reply #150 on: June 04, 2021, 01:29:44 PM »
nah these places depop/mercari/poshmark have decent seller protection. start one up and post it up here and see if any of us boneheads want stuff!
good come sausage

Theeogbiing

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -2
  • Taught Bieber how to skate.
« Reply #151 on: June 04, 2021, 01:30:14 PM »
https://depop.com/_pdxcopndrop

Got a few pairs of Dunks posted in size 9.
You ever suck 7 dicks at once? No? Me either then....

doublesteveburger

« Reply #152 on: June 05, 2021, 02:58:47 PM »
If any of y’all ever wanna get rid of any Last resorts in a 9-9.5 hit me up first, thanks. Can’t cough up $80 but sure can do half that. Doublebrokeburger

coneklr

« Reply #153 on: June 06, 2021, 05:59:15 PM »
https://depop.com/_pdxcopndrop

Got a few pairs of Dunks posted in size 9.

Wish I had the money for those Soulland's, I regret selling mine

Glutenpadre

• Rep: 1
« Reply #154 on: June 13, 2021, 11:14:28 AM »
@glutenpadre
Added a some of trucks, and quasi board
Open to trades for 148 thunder

sketchyrider

« Reply #155 on: June 14, 2021, 04:32:03 PM »
https://www.depop.com/sketchyrider/

some vintage nikes in size 12, including dunks. will add some clothes soon too. might only be up for about two weeks, id be happy if i just got rid of the dunks and vans.

pugmaster

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1536
  • Overweight and Underprepared
« Reply #156 on: June 17, 2021, 08:58:24 PM »
I just started one but I am curious what input you all may have regarding scammers.  Some person contacted me shortly after I posted an item and asked to start texting my phone.  This struck me as strange.  Are there certain things for sellers to look out for?

Thanks in advance!

depop.com/whatnotandwhathaveyou

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x8O9W9GLal8
« Last Edit: June 17, 2021, 09:33:19 PM by pugmaster »
"...We got the nuclear worm over here..."

Never forget:
Rusty_Berrings, 360 frip, Yapple Dapple, Bubblegum Tate

jerrygurneyscream

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 130
« Reply #157 on: June 18, 2021, 06:08:54 AM »
I just started one but I am curious what input you all may have regarding scammers.  Some person contacted me shortly after I posted an item and asked to start texting my phone.  This struck me as strange.  Are there certain things for sellers to look out for?

Thanks in advance!

depop.com/whatnotandwhathaveyou

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x8O9W9GLal8

As a pretty general rule of thumb i just keep everything in app (trades, sales, purchases) the rating feature pushes people to hold up their end of the bargain, as well as seller/buyer protection via paypal. Also if they catch you trying to sell/buy stuff off depop by just telling people to text you theyll just kick you off depop.

pugmaster

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #158 on: June 20, 2021, 07:23:23 PM »
Thanks!

Something that I've found interesting is that I've gotten a lot of messages from people saying that they want an item and will pay immediately but then I don't hear from them after I acknowledge them.  Sellers receive a notification from the depop app that someone purchased something, correct? I checked my paypal and do not see anything there.

Never forget:

krookedjuice

• Rep: 29
« Reply #159 on: June 22, 2021, 11:58:32 AM »
Thanks!

Something that I've found interesting is that I've gotten a lot of messages from people saying that they want an item and will pay immediately but then I don't hear from them after I acknowledge them.  Sellers receive a notification from the depop app that someone purchased something, correct? I checked my paypal and do not see anything there.

that happened to me more often than i would like. people ask if i'll do free shipping or a different price. and once i update the listing i never hear anything.

you would get a notification and the paypal comes through instantly when something is sold.

Francis Xavier

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2137
« Reply #160 on: June 22, 2021, 02:46:16 PM »
Depop buyers lag more than the good homie that always has an excuse to not skate.

Damn I left my bubbler at my parents house

arrbee

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 429
« Reply #161 on: June 22, 2021, 03:35:59 PM »
Depop buyers lag more than the good homie that always has an excuse to not skate.

Had a buyer ask me to knock $5 off of an item (I always add a few bucks to what I really want) because it happens on nearly every post. I responded within 5 minutes. They hit me back 2 hours later with "my bad I bought something else already".

One of my favorites to date
Quote from: DaveFuck
youre fucking FRIED if you think im gonna listen to dan corrigan talk about cariuma

pugmaster

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #162 on: June 23, 2021, 05:21:39 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Had a buyer ask me to knock $5 off of an item (I always add a few bucks to what I really want) because it happens on nearly every post. I responded within 5 minutes. They hit me back 2 hours later with "my bad I bought something else already".

Classic. :)

So when a seller pays for shipping and the item is dropped off at USPS they can get a receipt with tracking or is there an additional fee?

Thanks so much in advance. I've never sold anything on depop I am just trying to figure it out so I can cover myself as well as ensure that the buyer has piece of mind as well.

Never forget:

Francis Xavier

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #163 on: June 23, 2021, 05:53:27 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

So when a seller pays for shipping and the item is dropped off at USPS they can get a receipt with tracking or is there an additional fee?

Thanks so much in advance. I've never sold anything on depop I am just trying to figure it out so I can cover myself as well as ensure that the buyer has piece of mind as well.
If you have your item listed for the buyer to pay shipping you'll get an email with a shipping slip and the app will notify you also. The slip has tracking for the buyer to check on.

Arrbee thats classic depop right there haha

pugmaster

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #164 on: June 23, 2021, 06:34:13 PM »
C

The best part is that this is all over some D3's.

They called me twice. Definitely not sketch.

Never forget:

Francis Xavier

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #165 on: June 23, 2021, 06:54:30 PM »
C

The best part is that this is all over some D3's.

They called me twice. Definitely not sketch.
Yeah if they dont want to pay via depop theyre either dumb or a Nigerian Prince ready to ruin your day.

pugmaster

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #166 on: June 23, 2021, 07:37:35 PM »

I would like to buy your D3s!

Never forget:

Francis Xavier

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #167 on: June 23, 2021, 09:14:57 PM »

Yes yes, the Donald Mayhew 3s

pugmaster

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #168 on: June 23, 2021, 10:28:15 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]
Yes yes, the Donald Mayhew 3s

Sorry, you can't repeat a karma action without waiting 24 hours.

Never forget:

ramplocal

• Rep: 62
  • poser
« Reply #169 on: June 27, 2021, 02:45:41 PM »

Haha nice. When you think of trash, think of Akeem

tabby weed

• Rep: 4
« Reply #170 on: July 05, 2021, 10:07:56 AM »
Thought I’d drop a link to my Depop store—I’m selling some used NB 1010s and some other stuff too! Open to offers.

https://depop.com/skateordad

pugmaster

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #171 on: July 08, 2021, 09:31:23 PM »
Finally starting to sell stuff.  Sold three things so far.  I like how it is set up.

1)They buy something.
2)Money is "on hold" via paypal
3)Paypal/depop charge you immediately
4)You ship
5)It is delivered and a day or so after it is delivered you get money, although they will ask if you want to give them 1% "for the vibez" aka get your money slightly faster (don't do it).
6)You get paid.

Just uploaded some new-new, including a Muska fingerboard and an OJ Simpson Action figure.  Lots of shoes and boards if you're size 12 or 13. Feel free to make offers either on Depop or via PM here. Everything except the OJ action figure is new.

https://www.depop.com/whatnotandwhathaveyou/
« Last Edit: July 08, 2021, 10:34:32 PM by pugmaster »

Never forget:

pugmaster

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #172 on: July 08, 2021, 10:40:48 PM »
Considering starting one to dump some old Altamont gear. Is it worth it? Are there as many fraudsters as ebay/FB Marketplace?

Make sure you mark stuff up because people will often bargain directly.  They may also bargain indirectly.  What I mean by that is they will "like" an item and wait for you to message them.

It is worthwhile to have a scale and food scale to figure out the weight of items to make sure you are not overpaying for shipping IF you are okay with paying for shipping.  I use my food scale to figure out the weight in ounces and pounds and use my regular scale to determine weight when shipping boards or shoes that are heavy (e.g., size 12 or 13).  Shipping within the app is way cheaper than trying to ship outside the app.

Never forget:

rocklobster

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1891
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #173 on: July 09, 2021, 01:29:31 AM »

Just uploaded some new-new, including a Muska fingerboard and an OJ Simpson Action figure

"Vintage 1975 Shindana O.J. Simpson "Super Pro Action Figure". Used and not in original packaging. Comes with helmet and there is shoulder pads below his jersey. Just like a real O.J., all the clothes and shoes can come off. Wrists, elbows, shoulders, hips, knees, and ankles can articulate. Why does that matter? Buy this action figure and incorporate it into this holiday's "elf on the shelf" antics in your office. Will Barbie get caught off guard with the elf in a Brentwood mansion? YOU are the storyteller. Create whatever scenarios you want!"

Gloves sold separately? Lawyer not included?
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
STANDARD - 1.88” - 47.75mm
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

5.0 ,5.2, 5.6, 5.8 & 6.1 HI
STANDARD - 2.09” - 53.09mm
FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

skatesum609

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Rep: 94
« Reply #174 on: July 09, 2021, 10:01:56 AM »
Just put a quasi “I survived school today” deck and a few other up
https://depop.com/scottstevenross

jerrygurneyscream

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 130
« Reply #175 on: July 09, 2021, 10:40:51 AM »
I just posted a ton of hats plus a couple other items last night. Stuff from Carpet Co, Alltimers, Yardsale, Silvertab, Wknd, polar, Butter goods, Stussy, as well as a pair of Andrew Allen authentic Hi in 9.5. If you see anything youre interested in shoot me a PM on here and we can work something out

https://www.depop.com/2ndhandclassics/

pugmaster

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #176 on: July 09, 2021, 02:14:45 PM »
Expand Quote

Just uploaded some new-new, including a Muska fingerboard and an OJ Simpson Action figure

[close]

"Vintage 1975 Shindana O.J. Simpson "Super Pro Action Figure". Used and not in original packaging. Comes with helmet and there is shoulder pads below his jersey. Just like a real O.J., all the clothes and shoes can come off. Wrists, elbows, shoulders, hips, knees, and ankles can articulate. Why does that matter? Buy this action figure and incorporate it into this holiday's "elf on the shelf" antics in your office. Will Barbie get caught off guard with the elf in a Brentwood mansion? YOU are the storyteller. Create whatever scenarios you want!"

Gloves sold separately? Lawyer not included?

Regrettably, no lawyer is included and no gloves are either.  :'(

Never forget:

Mr. Kamikazi

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -116
  • 1,2,3,4, tell the people what she wore...
« Reply #177 on: July 11, 2021, 02:48:03 PM »
https://depop.com/teaser1991

Stuff started selling quickly but I’ll be adding more. Hoping someone is into the shirts I have up!

As for videos, I have quite a few skate videos I’m ready to part with. Coming to mind is the 88 video, Subject To Change, Static Boxset & In Bloom.

I know I’m not liked very much or at all on here but I hope everyone one is well.

Mr. Kamikazi

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -116
  • 1,2,3,4, tell the people what she wore...
« Reply #178 on: July 12, 2021, 04:16:56 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

I’d recommend doing your own shipping as I went ahead & let Depop take care of the label, etc & I had to have them refund me as the labels they made were scheduled to be shipped out the day the item sold, which was never the case & the label with that date can’t be used at a later date…..

pugmaster

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #179 on: July 12, 2021, 09:29:05 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

I’d recommend doing your own shipping as I went ahead & let Depop take care of the label, etc & I had to have them refund me as the labels they made were scheduled to be shipped out the day the item sold, which was never the case & the label with that date can’t be used at a later date…..

That sucks! I have not had that problem. I print out the label right before I ship an item and it works fine. Shipping yourself is more expensive, especially for heavy items.

Never forget: