Author Topic: Most Embarrassing Skate Moment  (Read 7269 times)

Sick Duck

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 97
Re: Most Embarrassing Skate Moment
« Reply #60 on: June 09, 2019, 11:11:36 AM »
Probably just hitting pebbles and eating shit in front of a bunch of people, nothing too crazy. Definitely have way worse non-skate embarrassment

Scott Chegg

• Rep: -5
« Reply #61 on: June 09, 2019, 11:34:50 AM »
Something similar to this has probably happened to most people here, I was like 16 and I saw the girl I liked walking past, so I rolled up to her and said "ok, watch this shit, first try" tried a tre flip, somehow landed primo and fell right to the ground and hit my head. Ended up going out with her anyway, but embarrassing regardless hahahaha.

hateboard

• Rep: -277
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #62 on: June 09, 2019, 04:32:15 PM »
Pushing mongo for years as a kid before someone had the heart to point it out. Still to this day even tho its been decades since ditching the habit, if I was being chased while skating by a dude with a knife i’d probably stand a better chance pushing mongo to get away. In my case im right handed but skate goofy, so my right leg / front foot is also my strongest leg. I guess the one good side effect is that my switch pushing game looks pretty solid.

gaunt

• Rep: 104
« Reply #63 on: June 09, 2019, 04:37:16 PM »
Pushing mongo for years as a kid before someone had the heart to point it out. Still to this day even tho its been decades since ditching the habit, if I was being chased while skating by a dude with a knife i’d probably stand a better chance pushing mongo to get away. In my case im right handed but skate goofy, so my right leg / front foot is also my strongest leg. I guess the one good side effect is that my switch pushing game looks pretty solid.
If you were going to jump over a fence/over something high, would you jump off leading with your right foot or your left foot? I am goofy, right handed, and also have my right leg as the dominant one - but I will always jump off of it (the right foot) when jumping over something off of a board. Just curious since i've never pushed mongo
« Last Edit: June 09, 2019, 04:40:40 PM by gaunt »

hateboard

• Rep: -277
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #64 on: June 09, 2019, 04:41:57 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
If you were going to jump over a fence/over something high, would you jump off leading with your right foot or your left foot? I am goofy, right handed, and also have my right leg as the dominant one - but I will always jump off of it (the right foot) when jumping over something off of a board. Just curious. I've never pushed mongo
I never thought about it but just tested it and i always jump off my left foot first it would seem.

Bristol_Palin

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 532
« Reply #65 on: June 10, 2019, 07:17:08 AM »
I'm getting a little older so if I dont stretch or foam roll before skating sometimes my first kickflip leads to me jumping in the air and my board never leaving the ground. It doesn't happen all the time and I'll land the sand try one but it feels embarrassing even if I'm skating alone and know that no one is watching.

CurbyPuckit

• Rep: -40
« Reply #66 on: June 10, 2019, 07:30:07 AM »
OMG you guys are right. I don't skate. Now that you've outed me i'm depressed and suicidal. Probs just gonna focus my whole life.

Can you just be nowbanned?

Ms. Tamzarian

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 738
  • I like dork tricks :/
« Reply #67 on: June 10, 2019, 07:47:41 AM »
another one just came to me -- way back in the day, me and the homies were skating some bank spot. i was being a little bitch and getting pissed abt some minute trick i couldn't land. so i threw my board and yelled, and when i stopped yelling i noticed my board flew directly into the shin of the best skater in the crew. he was pissed as hell. we were really young, so i felt like i had just made the biggest mistake in the world

CRAILFISH TO REVERT

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 506
« Reply #68 on: June 10, 2019, 08:15:06 AM »
not skating related..
I was in 5th grade. It was lunch time. The Girl who I had a massive crush on was sitting directly across from me. The usual joking, laughing and grade-school lunch-time banter was in full effect. I, for some reason, decided to show off by eating an entire sub sandwich in one go. I snatched it off of the tray and crammed the whole fucking thing in my mouth while trying to chew and get it down..and I was doing ok until my gag reflex kicked in and I regurgitated a slimy turd shaped version of the sub sandwich. It landed on my tray in the same spot it sat in moments before. The end.   

SHIREFLIP

« Reply #69 on: June 10, 2019, 10:44:43 AM »
A guy a used to skate with gave unsolicited advice on doing a trick (that he could not do himself) to a dude who was killing it.

I think there is a German word for second-hand embarrassment. Like fremdschammen or something.

Hands down Hass out

• Rep: 4
  • 奇妙な滞在
« Reply #70 on: June 10, 2019, 11:26:06 AM »
A few miscalculated ollies up curbs to impress hot university women. Oof.

Also, I snaked Ray Barbee once. Years ago. Still ashamed. I'm sorry, Ray.

germy rogirs

• Rep: -14
« Reply #71 on: June 10, 2019, 04:17:25 PM »
was at the indoor, trying to kickflip this double set in a crowded park while some other guy was trying to frontboard the rail next to it right after me. ended up bailing and my board rolled right under the rail, he landed on it and slammed got pissed and pushed me over. ended up sitting on the sidelines for a good 20 min mortified.

shred-a-few-gnars

« Reply #72 on: June 10, 2019, 05:29:44 PM »
Skated at my local park in jeans that were way too tight, freeballing, and the crotch split open. Balls pop out, I’m too high to comprehend that it isn’t the end of the world and proceed to have a 2 hour “I’m too stoned/my balls are out of my pants and I’m trying to hide them” panic attack. Instead of just going home, I sit on the sidelines of the park while covering my balls with my board.

Holy fuck lmao

DanTheDoucher

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -195
« Reply #73 on: June 10, 2019, 08:43:40 PM »
Years ago when I was in high school I was eating dinner with my girlfriend at a local diner.

A few tables over from us was a guy named Kit Fox, who was sponsored by a small local company called Villain Skateboards. He always skated at the local park and I used to see him around all the time. We spoke a few times at the park, but in no way were we friends or close in any way. I pointed out to my girlfriend that he skated for Villain and he was a pretty good skater, and we went about our meal.

So I get up to go to the bathroom, and when I get back to the table I found out that she took a napkin over to his table and asked him for his autograph for me. When I saw it on the table I was mortified. I avoided the local park for a while because I was so embarrassed.

I saw him a few months later at the park and we exchanged the typical "What's up" greetings, and he never mentioned it, so neither did I.

FUCK YOU
not stoked on orcas today. leave the whales alone. big ass black and white motherfuckers. free willy can suck my dick