Author Topic: Rio de Janeiro  (Read 1175 times)

RandyLeahy

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 8
Rio de Janeiro
« on: June 14, 2019, 03:53:06 AM »
Any Brasileiros on here living in Rio? I'll be there for a few days at the start of November. Need spots and good maconha. Obrigado!

EAT PUSSY!

• Rep: 29
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: Rio de Janeiro
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2019, 05:37:41 AM »
rio is sick!

cruise thru pier mauá (smooth ground and benches all over the place).
https://goo.gl/maps/e1Cg8qjXwjreSaAF6

praça xv (DIY plaza, pretty close to the spot above)
https://goo.gl/maps/UchXVG2U1vnZ1Aox6

these are the two main spots, off course there's plenty of places to skate... just ask the locals.

RandyLeahy

« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2019, 06:08:44 AM »
Obrigado mano! Those spots look sick, and I'm sure there is no shortage after seeing the footage coming out of Rio lately. The difficult part of my request is the good weed, I've been to Brasil three times now and have only come across prensada. It's a long shot, but I was hoping there might be a local slap pal in Rio who could hook it up, they would be generously rewarded!

EAT PUSSY!

« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2019, 06:35:21 AM »
if you agree on bringing some DLX wood from the USA (if you happen to be from there), we could work out something (I live in Sao Paulo tho).

RandyLeahy

« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2019, 06:57:07 AM »
Haha, wood for weed, sounds like a transaction I want to make! I'm coming from Europe where DLX wood is also plentiful. If I don't find a source I'll PM you and we can try to work something out. In the future though, I will definitely be visiting Sao Paulo again, been there twice already and absolutely love the city! My girlfriend is from Ribeirao Preto so we visit Brasil as often as we can. I appreciate the replies man!

EAT PUSSY!

« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2019, 08:43:51 AM »
sorry, I didn't mean to exchange wood for weed. I would pay for the wood you bring and hook you up with contacts...

defo lemme know when visiting sao paulo, we got plenty of crusty spots!

RandyLeahy

« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2019, 09:05:19 AM »
Haha, ya that sounds a bit more realistic. If I was going to Sao Paulo on the same trip I would have no problem delivering some boards to you in person but the idea of getting to Rio and having to go to the post office to send you boards in exchange for a contact isn't that appealing right now. Hopefully I'll come up with something else between now and then. Thanks anyway man.

silhouette

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1568
« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2019, 06:23:02 PM »
This goes down in Rio every year, usually in November:

http://www.mimpifilmfest.com.br/2018/

https://liveskateboardmedia.com/en/article/mimpi-ruido-premiere

Just letting you know in cases your dates matched and / or would be flexible, dates for this year are yet TBA (and might only be in a good while).

RandyLeahy

« Reply #8 on: June 17, 2019, 04:13:10 AM »
Cheers for the heads up on the film festival, I'm sure there'll be some amazing skating shown at it. My dates aren't flexible because we're going for a wedding so if it's the same dates as last year, I'll miss it. Thanks anyway.

silhouette

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1568
« Reply #9 on: June 17, 2019, 05:59:33 AM »
I went to the 2017 edition and IIRC it took place on the first week of November or at least earlier that month, the guys improvise a lot of it on the fly, so they can be pretty inconsistent with dates (as last year can attest). I'm in touch with them all the time so as soon as I hear about definite dates I'll try to remember and post an update in your thread, just in case.

RandyLeahy

« Reply #10 on: June 21, 2019, 05:32:57 AM »
Thanks man, I'll look it up again closer to the time and hopefully I can make something.

lovecurbs_brazil

• Rep: 4
« Reply #11 on: April 22, 2020, 06:11:00 PM »
Hey guys, would like to share a friend's work as a videomaker in Rio. If you come here for fun, count on him to guide to spots and film every trick for a video part. He can remotely edit too. His contact is Pedro Macedo ([email protected])

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QMDOAEu5slU