Author Topic: Twin tail  (Read 109226 times)

pointandclick

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 246
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: Twin tail
« Reply #570 on: November 23, 2021, 01:55:56 PM »
Hi guys! my name is Paul and i'm the owner of Glider Skateboards. Thanks for posting our content.We're just a small brand (husband and wife + some friends who help out on the side), so we seriously appreciate it

Reach out to us on IG or email if you guys ever have any questions about our boards. We've reached out to the YT skateboard community for some reviews to get a feel for the boards too. Plus, feel free to DM us via IG and we'll send over a discount code as a small token of gratitude
hey, what woodshop do you guys use? thanks

buttsniffersinc

• Rep: 3
« Reply #571 on: November 28, 2021, 04:38:34 PM »
I'm currently skating the 9.75 symmetrical heroin egg and really liking it. Are there any other symmetrical shaped decks I should look at?

biaherl

• Rep: 270
    • Why So Sad avatar image
« Reply #572 on: November 28, 2021, 05:31:52 PM »
I'm currently skating the 9.75 symmetrical heroin egg and really liking it. Are there any other symmetrical shaped decks I should look at?

Nothing that wide but I've had Ishod's twin tail 3 times now and I really like it. I have 10 completes but the Ishod is my goto for everything. I've got CRob's twin paddle on deck for my next. Ishod's/Worrest and Crob's all come in a 8.5. I think you can still get that Toe Knee Hawk board for cheap on eBay it's a 9 I believe. The Grimple fuller deck is not symmetrical even though it looks like it

buttsniffersinc

« Reply #573 on: November 28, 2021, 05:50:10 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Nothing that wide but I've had Ishod's twin tail 3 times now and I really like it. I have 10 completes but the Ishod is my goto for everything. I've got CRob's twin paddle on deck for my next. Ishod's/Worrest and Crob's all come in a 8.5. I think you can still get that Toe Knee Hawk board for cheap on eBay it's a 9 I believe. The Grimple fuller deck is not symmetrical even though it looks like it

The width is key, so I guess I'll stick with the egg until another non-popsicle symmetrical deck shows up.

GliderSkateboards

• Rep: 35
« Reply #574 on: November 28, 2021, 07:54:26 PM »
Expand Quote
Hi guys! my name is Paul and i'm the owner of Glider Skateboards. Thanks for posting our content.We're just a small brand (husband and wife + some friends who help out on the side), so we seriously appreciate it

Reach out to us on IG or email if you guys ever have any questions about our boards. We've reached out to the YT skateboard community for some reviews to get a feel for the boards too. Plus, feel free to DM us via IG and we'll send over a discount code as a small token of gratitude
[close]
hey, what woodshop do you guys use? thanks

Our regular shaped boards are from Chapman and our symmetrical boards are from a factory that's not from the US. We prefer not to say just for competitive research reasons, but we assure you that brands we've all heard of work with the shop we're currently working with.

We initially wanted to work with a factory within the states-  Generator, Chapman (for custom shapes), Watson Laminates, etc....but there is just a mad wood shortage right now that they couldn't make it work. At the moment, new accounts can only work with stock shapes for the sake of streamlining their business. We're not discounting a partnership with a US factory in the future, but so far we really dig the factory's quality and service.

We assure you that the twin-tail boards are made of quality wood and our custom shape was diagrammed with an architect to give a different perspective with Autocad / diagramming

We also reached out to some skaters to give their feedback too + just to see it in action

I hope this helps! We're doing Holiday sales - THANKYOU10 for $10 off your order if you want to give our boards a test. No pressure obviously but i figure i mention this.

Let me know if you guys got any other questions. Thank you all!

Xen

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1029
  • too easy, we know your new handle...stop following
« Reply #575 on: November 30, 2021, 05:01:21 PM »
Expand Quote
Thanks to this thread and to Xen in particular to have more reliable measures than board companies themselves, I just picked up the Foy Twin but would not have if I trusted the sticker on it that says 14.5 WB.

The graphics is not my cup of tea and I don't like that the bottom ply is not colored, but that's all not very important, what matters to me is that the shape is magnifico and I love that blue top ply!

Xen's measures match mine (8.5, a hair under 32, a hair under 14.33 wb, 6.75 kicks), Deathwish says the concave is mellow but it's my first board from the Baker boys, I wouldn't say it's that mellow but mellower than the DLX twins. If the I is steepest at DLX and IV mellowest, I'd say this is VII or something!
[close]

It's a great shape (same as the 8.25" neen but bigger, seems to differ from the 8.5" neen dimension-wise); it's not baker mellow either, but you are right it is mellower than the DLX I-II range, mine is def not a VII tho by that scale.

The graphics are meh, the babypoop/mustard yellow is meh (I got a green top ply) but it's trashed already and I never really cared....but still...DW graphics have never been at the forefront of the brand.

Waiting for some BF sales to pick up a spare or two.

Second Foy Twin arrived today, dims are on point to the other one I have, so at least there consistency in lieu of sticker inaccuracy...I guess by non-slap standards it's 'close enough'. 

Woodshop

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 274
  • Just deck / woodshop info
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #576 on: December 01, 2021, 06:07:03 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

The width is key, so I guess I'll stick with the egg until another non-popsicle symmetrical deck shows up.

If you want another symmetrical egg (and in the US) I saw a post from the Egg shaped boards thread you might like:

Re stock on symmetrical eggs
http://www.35thave.com/shop/Skate/Decks/Heroin/p/Heroin-Symmetrical-Egg-975-x-3225-x58274672.htm

Don't know if this is correct, but it shows there are ten of those in stock.

buttsniffersinc

« Reply #577 on: December 01, 2021, 08:01:49 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

If you want another symmetrical egg (and in the US) I saw a post from the Egg shaped boards thread you might like:

Don't know if this is correct, but it shows there are ten of those in stock.

Yeah I succumbed to this yesterday. I've already bought too much skate shit recently, but I couldn't pass this up.

Xen

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #578 on: December 06, 2021, 01:11:15 PM »
Did anyone ever get around to picking up the AWS Owlien Twin (or the habitat twin for that matter)?

Really curious if the length listed (32.25") is accurate.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2021, 08:57:26 PM by Xen »

Ray C. Usery

• Rep: 177
  • My brother Roy is into music
« Reply #579 on: December 08, 2021, 05:34:26 PM »
I'll be skating this one soon I'll let you know what I think

Chatbot

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 79
« Reply #580 on: December 08, 2021, 06:23:38 PM »

I’ve been skating mine for a few months now and have no complaints. Being able to do all my tricks with either side of the board with issue is so convenient. Enjoy.

Woodshop

• SLAP Pal
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #581 on: December 08, 2021, 07:16:08 PM »
Did anyone ever get around to picking up the AWS Owlien Twin (or the habitat twin for that matter)?

Really curious if the length listed (32.35") is accurate.

I still haven't seen one in person, but I thought someone else on here said it was more like 32" long.

Xen

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #582 on: December 08, 2021, 08:59:22 PM »
Expand Quote

Really curious if the length listed (32.25") is accurate.
[close]

I still haven't seen one in person, but I thought someone else on here said it was more like 32" long.

In typical PSTX/AWS/QUASI fashion, I am assuming it is .25 shorter than listed, putting it  right at the 32" mark. I might bite between the Foys I have. If Suciu approves, it should be more than good enough at any length.

Esquivel

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 214
« Reply #583 on: December 17, 2021, 05:17:13 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

I’ve been skating mine for a few months now and have no complaints. Being able to do all my tricks with either side of the board with issue is so convenient. Enjoy.

What do you think of the concave? Does it continue to the nose/tail, or are those flat?
Expand Quote
And people say weed makes you creative
[close]
Good weed does - these broke ass skateboard designers smokin spice

JJ_Skates

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Rep: 15
« Reply #584 on: December 18, 2021, 06:34:33 AM »
Are there any Twin Tails out with medium-steep concave and high kicks? Everything I've seen out at the moment is mellow (Deathwish, Real, Glider)

l1ll1ll1

• Rep: 56
« Reply #585 on: December 18, 2021, 06:47:34 AM »
Are there any Twin Tails out with medium-steep concave and high kicks? Everything I've seen out at the moment is mellow (Deathwish, Real, Glider)

+1. The Ishod 8.3 is the best deck I ever rode, but it mellows out even more after some time and I loved the steepness of FA/Hockey decks...

JJ_Skates

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Rep: 15
« Reply #586 on: December 18, 2021, 07:31:06 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

+1. The Ishod 8.3 is the best deck I ever rode, but it mellows out even more after some time and I loved the steepness of FA/Hockey decks...

Yeah, I think I'm gonna go with FA/Hockey and wait until someone comes out with a steeper concave Twin Tail.

Woodshop

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #587 on: December 18, 2021, 04:26:28 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Yeah, I think I'm gonna go with FA/Hockey and wait until someone comes out with a steeper concave Twin Tail.

It might be easier said than done, but the DLX wood has I to IV with I being the steepest, so you could try tracking down one of those.  Most twins I have seen are more so on III or IV but they are out there on I and II as well, as some others have said.

l1ll1ll1

• Rep: 56
« Reply #588 on: December 19, 2021, 06:07:24 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

It might be easier said than done, but the DLX wood has I to IV with I being the steepest, so you could try tracking down one of those.  Most twins I have seen are more so on III or IV but they are out there on I and II as well, as some others have said.

Have been on the hunt for a I or II, but the shops I can visit run out of the TTs pretty quick as soon as they drop so...

Woodshop

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #589 on: December 19, 2021, 03:35:36 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

Have been on the hunt for a I or II, but the shops I can visit run out of the TTs pretty quick as soon as they drop so...

I know what you mean and understand it is a struggle.

The distro in this country can specifically dig out and send certain number tops as needed, as much as it is a bit of a pain, it can be done.

One other thing that might secure a board is making a deposit on one, or even having a standing order so they put aside one or two every time they come in, which can also be done and works if the shop people have a clue, but pre payment is always a good way to make sure it is done - the shop being much more likely to order more of them for you as well.

Just a thought anyway.

Xen

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #590 on: December 20, 2021, 10:39:22 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

I know what you mean and understand it is a struggle.

The distro in this country can specifically dig out and send certain number tops as needed, as much as it is a bit of a pain, it can be done.

One other thing that might secure a board is making a deposit on one, or even having a standing order so they put aside one or two every time they come in, which can also be done and works if the shop people have a clue, but pre payment is always a good way to make sure it is done - the shop being much more likely to order more of them for you as well.

Just a thought anyway.

My local will take orders, any of them should especially if you plop down some coin; if they won't, find a shop that will.

toe_knee

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 220
  • Get bent
« Reply #591 on: December 20, 2021, 03:30:52 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

Where can you see this information? I didn’t know that deluxe did this
You want some queso?”
Dan Drehobl to me at make a wish, while handing me a hotdog

Dan Gerous

« Reply #592 on: December 20, 2021, 04:30:10 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

Yep, they stamp the number in roman numerals on the top between the front truck holes. I is the steepest, IV the mellowest... It's not a huge difference but noticable.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2021, 04:39:52 PM by Dan Gerous »

toe_knee

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 220
  • Get bent
« Reply #593 on: December 21, 2021, 07:53:02 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

Yep, they stamp the number in roman numerals on the top between the front truck holes. I is the steepest, IV the mellowest... It's not a huge difference but noticable.

Dude thanks
You want some queso?”
Dan Drehobl to me at make a wish, while handing me a hotdog

GliderSkateboards

« Reply #594 on: December 21, 2021, 02:59:38 PM »
Hi guys, we're a small brand trying to get the word out with social proof and reviews....Would anyone be down to try our twin tail boards out for 50% off and give their thoughts on it here? No pressure at all and sorry for the self-promotion if it is. But if you are, DM us on instagram:

instagram.com/gliderskateboards

Boards are here:

« Last Edit: December 21, 2021, 04:03:12 PM by GliderSkateboards »

QUIT SINNIN

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 26
  • PATSY
« Reply #595 on: December 23, 2021, 08:16:19 PM »
Hi guys, we're a small brand trying to get the word out with social proof and reviews....Would anyone be down to try our twin tail boards out for 50% off and give their thoughts on it here? No pressure at all and sorry for the self-promotion if it is. But if you are, DM us on instagram:

Boards are here:

DM sent.

Does anyone else currently make 8” twin tails?

WideFeet

• Rep: 84
« Reply #596 on: December 23, 2021, 09:00:26 PM »
Expand Quote

Boards are here:

[close]

DM sent.

Real does

GliderSkateboards

« Reply #597 on: December 24, 2021, 01:47:15 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

Boards are here:

[close]

DM sent.

[close]

Real does

Thank you to everyone who reached out to help support. Still offering this promo if anyone is interested

GliderSkateboards

« Reply #598 on: December 26, 2021, 10:06:41 PM »
Anyone make a good 7.75 twin tail deck??

We're planning to make some in maybe March...Some ways away, i know. But we can send over a discount code when its ready if you ever want to test it out (obviously no pressure)

DaSk8D00D

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rep: -107
  • Can't Leave SLAP Alone the Game Needs Me!
« Reply #599 on: December 27, 2021, 08:49:16 AM »
I've been skating the Chocolate Roberts Twin Tail for a while now and it's been an awesome deck for me despite the adjustment at the beginning. The previous deck I had before was a Neen Deathwish Twin with the 14.25 wheelbase while the chocolate is at 14. I thought I'd wanna go back to the slightly longer wheelbase so I copped another Neen with the same dimensions as a backup like a month ago, but this chocolate has lastly me so long and served me so well that I copped another one in the opposite colors. Mind you my current chocolate still going strong so now I got 2 backup twin tails sitting in the wing. I'm gonna skate the chocolate next to keep it consistent then step it back up to the Neen.

I'd try those Glider joints for the hell of it but those graphics are hella bland. A two-color graphic with the logo (no text) in the middle would be better than everything else I've seen. Not trying be on some hater shit because I like the concept of an all twin-tail deck company, but the art department gotta step it up and make it look more than a generic Amazon brand