Author Topic: GX 1000 are promoting asshole behavior  (Read 36571 times)

Nollie FS 180

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 0
Re: GX 1000 are promoting asshole behavior
« Reply #180 on: August 07, 2019, 05:27:49 AM »
GX1000 bombing hills in Gucci jackets is kinda lame yeh

But the notion of their insta clips creating some new osmosis, where skaters are now known as being "dangerous" is pretty funny

Watching the boys go into bomb hill mode after leaving some dude for dead was all I needed to see to know these guys were whack though
are you talking about the black rock incident? Was that their crew?
“Fuck you Amy, I love you” ~ Rick Kane

13Bastards

• Rep: 2
  • b2b sinner 5 hour dubstep-only
« Reply #181 on: August 07, 2019, 05:30:22 AM »

But the notion of their insta clips creating some new osmosis, where skaters are now known as being "dangerous" is pretty funny

Watching the boys go into bomb hill mode after leaving some dude for dead was all I needed to see to know these guys were whack though

Yeah I could've used a better word there.
Give me your instagram you fucking pussy.
give it to me then. I guarantee I can fuck you

cilantro

• Rep: 44
  • human bean
« Reply #182 on: August 07, 2019, 05:42:46 AM »
Expand Quote
I knew a girl once who told me her father became an abusive alcoholic after a reckless cyclist fell under the wheels of his car. He wasn’t charged, it was ruled an accident, dude has been drinking himself to death ever since.
I couldn’t give a shit about public property, or fucking up some rich white SF dude’s planter. I don’t think your right to thrill seek is more important than people just tryina get home safe, but whatever. maybe I’m just biased against immature man-boys with lack of regard for others.

Also, I don’t see anything wrong in the clip. Making yourself seen is important when you’re trying to not get run over by a car. This doesn’t matter though because I doubt most of the dudes vehemently defending their masculinity by calling others soft actually bomb hills or engage in reckless skate behavior outside of SLAP.
[close]

Just curious, but would you care about fucking up some rich non-white dude's planter?
Is there non white rich dudes in SF? Send a pic of the spot and i’ll Let you know

papo

• Rep: -191
« Reply #183 on: August 07, 2019, 07:37:44 AM »

Putaslocas

• Rep: -291
  • EAT SHIT AND DIE
« Reply #184 on: August 07, 2019, 07:41:12 AM »
I bet if any of these dudes rolled up to your local park or spots you would be all up on their jock. None of you would call them out like you are here. Facts.

13Bastards

• Rep: 2
  • b2b sinner 5 hour dubstep-only
« Reply #185 on: August 07, 2019, 08:56:49 AM »
I bet if any of these dudes rolled up to your local park or spots you would be all up on their jock. None of you would call them out like you are here. Facts.

wanna crowdfund me getting out to the states and proving you wrong? or send them uk-bound?

Give me your instagram you fucking pussy.
give it to me then. I guarantee I can fuck you

FS-OverKOOK

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 45
« Reply #186 on: August 07, 2019, 09:04:07 AM »
it seems like they are being painted with a pretty broad brush...of course the BR bullshit was ridiculous but was every member of the crew present and actively involved?  Does everyone in the crew have to sign off on every IG post? The bottom line is these dudes skate & live a wild way and it is hard for some of us to comprehend. There are plenty of skaters out there that have the ability to ollie high enough to get on a 20+ rail, jump down a set or bomb a hill but not all have the mental ability to overcome the mind fuck of knowing the consequences if you fuck up. Of all the fucked up shit going down in this world right now I think skaters riding in the street is pretty low on the list. Dudes like these are the reason I'm still hyped on skating - not some 16 y/o that can rip at the berries.

Pango

• Rep: -30
« Reply #187 on: August 07, 2019, 09:10:34 AM »
Just have perspective....

There is a difference between street skateboarding and being a dangerous assholes to others.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2019, 09:22:55 AM by Pango »

rawr1922

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 110
« Reply #188 on: August 07, 2019, 09:33:26 PM »
Just watched on insta ...one of these assholes busted a nosegrind on a cops bumper with two other cop cars in close proximity 8)

Milo Yambags

« Reply #189 on: August 08, 2019, 07:42:39 AM »
Just watched on insta ...one of these assholes busted a nosegrind on a cops bumper with two other cop cars in close proximity 8)
Oh my god! Say it ain't so. How crazy. Is this thread where the concerned skate park mom's congregate on Slap?

McBrandt

• Rep: -13
« Reply #190 on: August 08, 2019, 09:04:16 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
I knew a girl once who told me her father became an abusive alcoholic after a reckless cyclist fell under the wheels of his car. He wasn’t charged, it was ruled an accident, dude has been drinking himself to death ever since.
I couldn’t give a shit about public property, or fucking up some rich white SF dude’s planter. I don’t think your right to thrill seek is more important than people just tryina get home safe, but whatever. maybe I’m just biased against immature man-boys with lack of regard for others.

Also, I don’t see anything wrong in the clip. Making yourself seen is important when you’re trying to not get run over by a car. This doesn’t matter though because I doubt most of the dudes vehemently defending their masculinity by calling others soft actually bomb hills or engage in reckless skate behavior outside of SLAP.
[close]

Just curious, but would you care about fucking up some rich non-white dude's planter?
[close]
Is there non white rich dudes in SF? Send a pic of the spot and i’ll Let you know
I'd find it hard to believe there's no techies with ethnic backrounds other than caucasian that got rich. Isn't at least one of the Google founders non-caucasian?

McBrandt

• Rep: -13
« Reply #191 on: August 08, 2019, 01:49:20 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]
[close]
I'd find it hard to believe there's no techies with ethnic backrounds other than caucasian that got rich. Isn't at least one of the Google founders non-caucasian?
[close]
Maybe you mean the CEO of Google - Sundar Pichai. He's not a founder. The founders realized that their "unconventional" lifestyles would eventually be a legal problem so they stepped out and installed Sundar to be the public face.

That's kind of beside the point. Whatever his position, he's a millionaire and he's non-caucasian. I don't think I'd care if his planter got fucked up since his salary is $200 million a year, but if it's a guy who owns a million dollar home (which is nothing in SF's market) I wouldn't consider him rich, and I'd think it's uncool to fuck up his planter at the least, it's certainly bullshit to get physical with him or do anything other than leave if he asks you to. But, I dunno, maybe if he had a MAGA sign in his yard then fuck 'em.

drunkenshredder

• Rep: -135
« Reply #192 on: August 10, 2019, 04:38:26 PM »
all sides of skateboarding are great. They aren't doing anything different than the guys before them. They're just better at documenting it.

Brguy

« Reply #193 on: August 10, 2019, 05:50:23 PM »

I don't know in which way bombing a hill in really expensive clothes would be lame. If it says anything is that they really don't care about it cause any slam will tear that shit to pieces.

themeangreen

• Rep: -75
« Reply #194 on: August 10, 2019, 06:15:16 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]
[close]
[close]
Maybe you mean the CEO of Google - Sundar Pichai. He's not a founder. The founders realized that their "unconventional" lifestyles would eventually be a legal problem so they stepped out and installed Sundar to be the public face.
[close]

That's kind of beside the point. Whatever his position, he's a millionaire and he's non-caucasian. I don't think I'd care if his planter got fucked up since his salary is $200 million a year, but if it's a guy who owns a million dollar home (which is nothing in SF's market) I wouldn't consider him rich, and I'd think it's uncool to fuck up his planter at the least, it's certainly bullshit to get physical with him or do anything other than leave if he asks you to. But, I dunno, maybe if he had a MAGA sign in his yard then fuck 'em.

I'm just as happy to wreck someones steps in North Philly as I would be to destroy someones planter in SF. I'm thinking about skateboarding not the financial position of the family's house I'm skating. If they came outside and told me to stop I might try one more time but I wouldn't add violence against a person to any part of that. But tr I would get way more enjoyment out of skating someones house if I knew they were a big wig for Google.