Author Topic: ICE can eat shit  (Read 6979 times)

50mm

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 254
  • Take a chance, Columbus did!
Re: ICE can eat shit
« Reply #60 on: August 12, 2019, 12:47:21 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
I don't care if a person is black, white, brown, green, red, blue, or purple. They are absolutely welcome here in my opinion, as long as go through the proper channels and do it legally.
[close]

So you mean like asylum seekers who are being kept in camps and separated from there families? You mean that kind of coming here legally? Ya it seems to be working out
[close]

Seeking asylum and being granted asylum are two entirely different things.  I don't think they should be kept in camps. I think they should go back to their home country (as a complete family) and continue the process until they are legally granted access to the country. And that goes for Americans seeking citizenship in other countries as well.
[close]
That's not how asylum works, and the opposite of how it works and totally defeats the point of asylum.

People seek asylum because they need protection. Usually from their own government. I mentioned this in another thread, but I have transported asylum seekers as a part of my job a couple times over the past couple months. Some of these people went to a protest, and the next morning their homes were marked with red x's by the authorities to mark who is an enemy of the state.

When you seek asylum THE POINT is that you enter the country and remain there until you complete the asylum process. If you are seeking asylum because your life is at risk from your own government, why the fuck would we send you back home to be murdered??
[close]

Where do you suggest these people are housed until their application is approved/denied? The Four Seasons? If their country is bad enough that they feel there is no other choice but to hop a border and come here illegally, then how can they bitch about having to stay in a camp-type-setting until a decision is made?
I didn’t say anything about camps. But they don’t have to stay in a prison style camp. The ones I personally transported were staying in churches. The community where I live isn’t scared of people with different colored skin so there hasn’t been any outrage over them staying in the middle of our neighborhood.

brycickle

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 167
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #61 on: August 12, 2019, 12:55:13 PM »
I think they should go back to their home country (as a complete family) and continue the process until they are legally granted access to the country.

People don't typically seek asylum when living conditions in their home country are tenable.

You and the D00D have turned this thread into a horrible head-on-collision between a short bus full of regular kids and a van full of paraplegics.

Beeda Weeda

« Reply #62 on: August 12, 2019, 01:00:23 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
what do you do when they enforce them at the next park? and the park after that? Then when you finally give in to your trusted government, and decide to buy pads, but they block pads from being sold locally.
[close]

Skate street only.
[close]
but that is vandalism and  your people won't approve
[close]

It's only vandalism if you get caught, same as you are only an illegal immigrant if you get caught.
are you suggesting that there is a correlation between your illegal skateboarding and illegal immigration?

DanTheDoucher

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -195
« Reply #63 on: August 12, 2019, 01:09:00 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
I don't care if a person is black, white, brown, green, red, blue, or purple. They are absolutely welcome here in my opinion, as long as go through the proper channels and do it legally.
[close]

So you mean like asylum seekers who are being kept in camps and separated from there families? You mean that kind of coming here legally? Ya it seems to be working out
[close]

Seeking asylum and being granted asylum are two entirely different things.  I don't think they should be kept in camps. I think they should go back to their home country (as a complete family) and continue the process until they are legally granted access to the country. And that goes for Americans seeking citizenship in other countries as well.
[close]
That's not how asylum works, and the opposite of how it works and totally defeats the point of asylum.

People seek asylum because they need protection. Usually from their own government. I mentioned this in another thread, but I have transported asylum seekers as a part of my job a couple times over the past couple months. Some of these people went to a protest, and the next morning their homes were marked with red x's by the authorities to mark who is an enemy of the state.

When you seek asylum THE POINT is that you enter the country and remain there until you complete the asylum process. If you are seeking asylum because your life is at risk from your own government, why the fuck would we send you back home to be murdered??
[close]

Where do you suggest these people are housed until their application is approved/denied? The Four Seasons? If their country is bad enough that they feel there is no other choice but to hop a border and come here illegally, then how can they bitch about having to stay in a camp-type-setting until a decision is made?
[close]
I didn’t say anything about camps. But they don’t have to stay in a prison style camp. The ones I personally transported were staying in churches. The community where I live isn’t scared of people with different colored skin so there hasn’t been any outrage over them staying in the middle of our neighborhood.

I don't think it has anything to do with their skin color. That's a weak defense used to get a reaction and build outrage. They haven't been evaluated and vetted yet. They could be fleeing their country because they did something wrong and don't want to go to jail. That probably isn't the case for the overwhelming majority of them, but it's always a possibility. I think it's perfectly reasonable to have them basically "detained" until they clear all the necessary checks and paperwork which will grant them asylum.

Depending on the neighborhood, there may not be enough churches and what-not that are available to take them in. It makes sense to have as many as you can in one place. It cuts down on the amount of personnel needed to take care of them and watch over them. Does it suck? Sure. But I think it's necessary. Again, if their country is so bad that they want to leave forever to stay in this country, they can deal with a few months of so-called "confinement". If they don't want to deal with that, they are free to go back home.
FUCK YOU
not stoked on orcas today. leave the whales alone. big ass black and white motherfuckers. free willy can suck my dick

os89

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1182
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #64 on: August 12, 2019, 01:19:09 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]
[close]

I don't think it has anything to do with their skin color. That's a weak defense used to get a reaction and build outrage. They haven't been evaluated and vetted yet. They could be fleeing their country because they did something wrong and don't want to go to jail. That probably isn't the case for the overwhelming majority of them, but it's always a possibility. I think it's perfectly reasonable to have them basically "detained" until they clear all the necessary checks and paperwork which will grant them asylum.

Depending on the neighborhood, there may not be enough churches and what-not that are available to take them in. It makes sense to have as many as you can in one place. It cuts down on the amount of personnel needed to take care of them and watch over them. Does it suck? Sure. But I think it's necessary. Again, if their country is so bad that they want to leave forever to stay in this country, they can deal with a few months of so-called "confinement". If they don't want to deal with that, they are free to go back home.

Hello Peter, what's happening? Listen, are you gonna have those TPS reports for us this afternoon?

DanTheDoucher

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #65 on: August 12, 2019, 01:21:37 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]

Hello Peter, what's happening? Listen, are you gonna have those TPS reports for us this afternoon?

I got the memo.
FUCK YOU
not stoked on orcas today. leave the whales alone. big ass black and white motherfuckers. free willy can suck my dick

50mm

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 254
  • Take a chance, Columbus did!
« Reply #66 on: August 12, 2019, 01:22:50 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]
[close]

That’s not a weak defense at all. Get a reaction and build outrage? That’s exactly what our president is doing now.

I agree that if that’s all there is a camp setting is fine, as long as conditions are not terrible.

But public discord would be totally different if we had white people trying to come here instead of brown. That’s absolutely true.

Sleazy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 266
  • tiger style
« Reply #67 on: August 12, 2019, 05:37:58 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
This issue is really confusing for me and I think it really causes problems for the left appealing to independents like me.

I kind of wish that instead of us having to pay 10k in legal fees and wait 6-8 months for my business partner from New Deli to be able to legally work in the US that he could just walk across the border and we could not deal with all the hassles and expense. However, if we got caught doing that, shouldn't we expect he'd be asked to leave at a minimum? I don't get how cheating the system is defensible. Should people instead be arguing to change the rules/laws if they don't like them, not arguing that people can ignore them?

What's the argument for ignoring the rules? Not trolling, seriously don't get this on any level.
[close]

I agree. Someone has to stop all those business partners crossing the border illegally. It's an outrage that they're using the asylum status loophole to get to their meetings for free.
[close]

there are asylum seekers all over the world. why should the ones we share a border with not have to go through the same channels. i still haven't seen anyone explain the "why it's ok to break the laws" and preferable to changing the laws if they aren't cutting it. if open borders is the desired policy, why not legislate and promote that? promoting ignoring the laws seems like a really bad idea.
[close]

The laws congress passed say asylum seekers can walk right up to the border and request asylum if they have a legitimate reason. The current administration has directed its agencies to variously not follow that law, to slow processing down at points of entry so that a minimum of cases are heard a day, and now to keep people who may have legitimate claims in perilous circumstances.

When it comes to purely economic migrants there are only 3 legal means entry:

HB1 Visas - Which are supposed to fill jobs that no Americans have the skills for but are often used by wealthy corporations to fill jobs for below a market rate or to avoid training that would have formerly happened in-house.

Family reunification - AKA Chain Migration, which Trump seeks to end.

Lottery - Not open to people from in this hemisphere from Canada, Brazil, Colombia, Dominican Republic, El Salvador, Haiti, Jamaica, Mexico, and Peru.

So when you say "why don't you follow the law?" you are basically saying, "Sucks to be you, grin and bear it, maybe get reincarnated as an American, I approve of previous efforts to limit entry of Germans, Jews, Italians, Poles, Irish, Norwegians, Chinese, etc., it was ok for my family but not yours."

OK, fair enough. But what are the actual policies that we should put in place? I feel like a lot of the lefts positions now are anti positions that are nothing more than a tantrum and calling the other side the baddies.

Surely we can't just have open borders. I'm not sure the left is thinking things through. I'm for reforming healthcare, I liked the ACA, I like the idea of making higher ed more affordable, improving public schools, etc... But how does that work if you have open borders? These programs don't have endless scale up capabilities.

It really feels like there's no cohesive ideas from the left on these issues, just a lot of bitching about things that people find offensive and calling everyone on the other side of things a racist.

Just to be clear, I'm an independent (aka voter that matters) and I haven't voted republican in a long time but the current direction and focus of the left is definitely underwhelming. All of the candidates who had sound ideas based in real world political experience like John Delaney, Michael Bennet, John Hickenlooper, etc... haven't gotten any shine while anyone who gets emotional, offended or has a corny zinger "wins" the debate. It's embarrassingly bad. I really think that the left and the democrats want to win things back then need to have more cohesive, policy based solutions and less tantrum policies like abolishing ice on issues like this that folks in the middle care about.

My whole point speaking up here was to see if anyone knows what that new policy direction is or if people here are also just offended by the current approach and not focusing on solutions going forward (like the republicans are doing with healthcare currently).
« Last Edit: August 12, 2019, 05:44:11 PM by Sleazy »

Brguy

« Reply #68 on: August 12, 2019, 05:46:16 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

It isn't enough that these people are being hunted by their countries, they still have to live in a barely-not-a-concentration-camp until they get a green card? I mean, a place with beds, food, basic plumbing, access to internet and a bit of fresh air would probably be great already.

Edit: And since we're already on the subject, most jails are already regular punishment, how do you expect people to come back to society as functioning honest people when you cage and make them feel like shit for years, with high risk of letting them just become worse criminals? I get the idea of isolating them from society until they learn how to behave, but the way it's done is complete bullshit.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2019, 05:49:56 PM by Brguy »

Alan

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2535
« Reply #69 on: August 12, 2019, 07:12:01 PM »
So if they have legal status and can stay, then it's fine? Cool, I guess you guys are gonna be up in arms over this then:

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2019/aug/12/trump-green-cards-public-assistance-medicaid-food-stamps

"The Trump administration is moving forward with one of its most aggressive steps yet to restrict legal immigration, denying green cards to many migrants who use Medicaid, food stamps, housing vouchers or other forms of public assistance, officials said announced Monday.

Federal law already requires those seeking to become permanent residents and gain legal status to prove they will not be a burden to the US – a “public charge,” in government speak – but the new rules detail a broader range of programs that could disqualify them.

While much of the attention has focused on Donald Trump’s efforts to crack down on illegal immigration, the new change targets people who entered the US legally and are seeking permanent status."
Hosin' out the cab of his pickup truck
He's got his 8-track playin' really fuckin' loud

Beeda Weeda

« Reply #70 on: August 13, 2019, 03:56:12 AM »
Those migrants need to learn to pull themselves up by the boot straps like Donald Trump did.

DanTheDoucher

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #71 on: August 13, 2019, 05:23:41 AM »

That’s not a weak defense at all. Get a reaction and build outrage? That’s exactly what our president is doing now.

I agree that if that’s all there is a camp setting is fine, as long as conditions are not terrible.

But public discord would be totally different if we had white people trying to come here instead of brown. That’s absolutely true.

I didn't vote for Trump. I may like guns and be against illegal immigration, but I did not vote for Trump. I also didn't vote for Hillary, which will probably end up getting me killed at some point.....

I fully disagree with the 2nd bolded statement. I do not think that the issue is skin color whatsoever. The issue is that the USA has had a lot of problems in recent years with terrorism and migrant refugees, which has made people very hesitant to accept new citizens into the country with open arms. It's not their skin color. It just so happens that most of these terrorists were from the Middle East and are what you like to call "brown people", but the amount of fear would be exactly the same if those terrorists were from Finland, Sweden, England, Russia, or even Canada. As soon as one person comes here from abroad and starts killing people, why shouldn't we want to close the borders. It sucks, but it's what is created when bad things happen to Americans in America at the hands of someone who doesn't live here.

I think using race is a cop out. Unless you are Native American, we all come from a long line of immigrants. Every white person, African American, Asian American, Hispanic, etc.... person comes from somewhere other than the United States. It's not about race, it's about safety.
FUCK YOU

Beeda Weeda

« Reply #72 on: August 13, 2019, 07:32:21 AM »
The usa has a problem with domestic terrorism carried out by white people from the usa.

DanTheDoucher

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #73 on: August 13, 2019, 08:06:31 AM »
The usa has a problem with domestic terrorism carried out by white people from the usa.

Look at Oklahoma City. Timothy McVeigh was trained by the US military. He killed 180+ people with a bomb, not a gun. He could have went on a trigger-happy rampage and killed a ton of people. He sure had the proper firearms training, but he chose a different route. Like I said like 5 pages ago, you don't need a gun to do this shit.

You can take away every gun in the country and people are still going to do this stuff, probably at the same rate they are doing it now. Driving into crowds, using bombs, knives, etc..... Until the mental health problems that this country has are gotten under control, we are still going to see this stuff on the news every week.

FUCK YOU

Alan

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2535
« Reply #74 on: August 13, 2019, 08:22:18 AM »
He didn't even say anything about the weapons used to carry out terrorist attacks. Don't change the subject. Why do you hate non-white people?
Hosin' out the cab of his pickup truck
He's got his 8-track playin' really fuckin' loud

DanTheDoucher

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #75 on: August 13, 2019, 08:34:39 AM »
He didn't even say anything about the weapons used to carry out terrorist attacks. Don't change the subject. Why do you hate non-white people?

Holy fuck. I forgot what thread I was in. I thought I was in the "Mass Murder USA" thread.

No wonder that comment made no sense.....
FUCK YOU

DanTheDoucher

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #76 on: August 13, 2019, 08:35:02 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Look at Oklahoma City. Timothy McVeigh was trained by the US military. He killed 180+ people with a bomb, not a gun. He could have went on a trigger-happy rampage and killed a ton of people. He sure had the proper firearms training, but he chose a different route. Like I said like 5 pages ago, you don't need a gun to do this shit.

You can take away every gun in the country and people are still going to do this stuff, probably at the same rate they are doing it now. Driving into crowds, using bombs, knives, etc..... Until the mental health problems that this country has are gotten under control, we are still going to see this stuff on the news every week.

Disregard this comment, as I'm a moron.
FUCK YOU

waltercronkite

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 179
« Reply #77 on: August 13, 2019, 11:38:31 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

We all know

DanTheDoucher

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #78 on: August 13, 2019, 11:42:50 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

We all know

8)
FUCK YOU

Ms. Tamzarian

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 737
  • I like dork tricks :/
« Reply #79 on: August 13, 2019, 12:00:32 PM »
fucked irony is that the people most damned in immigration are actually indigenous (north and/or south) americans. they are moving across the land their people were born in for ages, and criminalized for it. all the laws terrorizing them are foreign. america the country is ultimately foreign to the americas.

among other things, its really ugly to hear the legal-conservative arguments about 'follow the law and avoid trouble' because this irony is so glaringly obvious. its like an argument that is impossible to support, so u can only be stubborn about it in order to gain any traction. or more so, you can only be violent about it.

im not an intelligent political thinker. but this has been running thru my head for several weeks.

Betaphenylethylalamine

• Trade Count: (-2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -140
« Reply #80 on: August 13, 2019, 09:41:50 PM »
fucked irony is that the people most damned in immigration are actually indigenous (north and/or south) americans. they are moving across the land their people were born in for ages, and criminalized for it. all the laws terrorizing them are foreign. america the country is ultimately foreign to the americas.

among other things, its really ugly to hear the legal-conservative arguments about 'follow the law and avoid trouble' because this irony is so glaringly obvious. its like an argument that is impossible to support, so u can only be stubborn about it in order to gain any traction. or more so, you can only be violent about it.

im not an intelligent political thinker. but this has been running thru my head for several weeks.

Aaaand, some indiginous can pass through back and forth with zero issues(Canada to US and vice versa), but south America cannot.

Gentleman ninja warlock

Surf-goth

• Rep: -678
« Reply #81 on: September 07, 2019, 05:37:26 AM »
Fuck ICE, Steven Miller, Donald Trump, and anyone who stands with them.

What? Steven Miller too? But this song is nice

Rest in peace Dick Dale.

FROTHY

« Reply #82 on: September 07, 2019, 06:07:26 AM »
So if they have legal status and can stay, then it's fine? Cool, I guess you guys are gonna be up in arms over this then:

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2019/aug/12/trump-green-cards-public-assistance-medicaid-food-stamps

"The Trump administration is moving forward with one of its most aggressive steps yet to restrict legal immigration, denying green cards to many migrants who use Medicaid, food stamps, housing vouchers or other forms of public assistance, officials said announced Monday.

Federal law already requires those seeking to become permanent residents and gain legal status to prove they will not be a burden to the US – a “public charge,” in government speak – but the new rules detail a broader range of programs that could disqualify them.

While much of the attention has focused on Donald Trump’s efforts to crack down on illegal immigration, the new change targets people who entered the US legally and are seeking permanent status."

I’m convinced that was already our policy, because my wife had to go through endless paperwork and background checks (pre-Trump) proving her education, skills that were useful to America, her salary, etc. This was so that she could get a visa and work here. I specifically remember her having to fill out documents explaining why an employer would want to hire her over an American. I actually had to provide my own bank statements showing I could take care of her if she lost her job.

Does anyone else have experience helping people migrate? It’s hard as fuck to do legally, very expensive, and you definitely already have to prove you’re not a “public charge”. I’m not denying the news about Trumps “public charge” policy. I’m just saying it’s essentially in effect already.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2019, 06:13:01 AM by FROTHY »

theresnothinghere

• Rep: 33
  • ugly with a heart of gold
« Reply #83 on: December 30, 2019, 12:24:52 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

I’m convinced that was already our policy, because my wife had to go through endless paperwork and background checks (pre-Trump) proving her education, skills that were useful to America, her salary, etc. This was so that she could get a visa and work here. I specifically remember her having to fill out documents explaining why an employer would want to hire her over an American. I actually had to provide my own bank statements showing I could take care of her if she lost her job.

Does anyone else have experience helping people migrate? It’s hard as fuck to do legally, very expensive, and you definitely already have to prove you’re not a “public charge”. I’m not denying the news about Trumps “public charge” policy. I’m just saying it’s essentially in effect already.

Been offline for a while (mental health stuff) but wanted to answer this before i crawl back into my hole.
I do work with a non profit that works with Transgender Asylum Seekers and people in detention. Depending on where you are there are different organizations. I'm in California and the most prominent ones near me are CIYJA (bay area) , Norcal Resist (Sacramento), Raices (national but i believe is Texas based), and most cities have different ones. If you ever want more info, know of people needing legal etc I might be able to link you, just message me or whatever.

carlomarxxx

• Rep: -26
« Reply #84 on: December 30, 2019, 01:00:30 PM »

You can say that again.

givecigstosurfgroms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -958
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #85 on: December 30, 2019, 01:44:55 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

You can say that again.
   The americas are super old and didnt have whats commomly  refered to as 'america the country' -thats a relatively new thing.  Hes right in saying that -are u just being thick?
"I just care about the river, I dont care about your back"

carlomarxxx

« Reply #86 on: December 30, 2019, 02:55:55 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

You can say that again.
[close]
   The americas are super old and didnt have whats commomly  refered to as 'america the country' -thats a relatively new thing.  Hes right in saying that -are u just being thick?

You can say you are not intelligent as well.

givecigstosurfgroms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -958
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #87 on: December 30, 2019, 03:18:37 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

You can say that again.
[close]
[close]

You can say you are not intelligent as well.
  M kay.  Maybe you know somethin I don't.
"I just care about the river, I dont care about your back"

Willie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 308
« Reply #88 on: December 30, 2019, 04:37:29 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

We all know
[close]

8)

And the government started tracking the sale of fertilizer after this happened - that is to say introduced reasonable regulation.

carlomarxxx

« Reply #89 on: December 30, 2019, 04:56:26 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
This issue is really confusing for me and I think it really causes problems for the left appealing to independents like me.

I kind of wish that instead of us having to pay 10k in legal fees and wait 6-8 months for my business partner from New Deli to be able to legally work in the US that he could just walk across the border and we could not deal with all the hassles and expense. However, if we got caught doing that, shouldn't we expect he'd be asked to leave at a minimum? I don't get how cheating the system is defensible. Should people instead be arguing to change the rules/laws if they don't like them, not arguing that people can ignore them?

What's the argument for ignoring the rules? Not trolling, seriously don't get this on any level.
[close]

I agree. Someone has to stop all those business partners crossing the border illegally. It's an outrage that they're using the asylum status loophole to get to their meetings for free.
[close]

there are asylum seekers all over the world. why should the ones we share a border with not have to go through the same channels. i still haven't seen anyone explain the "why it's ok to break the laws" and preferable to changing the laws if they aren't cutting it. if open borders is the desired policy, why not legislate and promote that? promoting ignoring the laws seems like a really bad idea.
[close]

Asylum seekers aren’t breaking the law. Also it’s their right to come to the border to seek asylum.

Asylum from what?  It's one thing to come from Syria, or Venezuela, even Cuba. Nicaragua? Mexico? El Salvador? Those countries are a mess but not worthy of asylum. Do you know how many asylum seekers Japan accepted in 2018? 42 out of 10,493 applications. They're onto something.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2019, 05:04:05 PM by carlomarxxx »