Author Topic: Forrest Edwards - Where's he been?  (Read 21747 times)

BroBruhBra

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -20
Re: Forrest Edwards - Where's he been?
« Reply #120 on: September 25, 2020, 05:25:36 PM »
What a weird dude. Never before in history has a frown ever held someone back so much.

lesserredpanda

• Rep: 15
« Reply #121 on: September 25, 2020, 06:05:34 PM »
should be on toy machine
they dont really have a close knit team vibe or anything

its just random dudes that can tolerate swank and the TM

iirc around the time he was the guest rider for Toy during KOTOR on the tv show or in the mag interviews they called out Sinclair for not paying Forrest his per diem despite Thrasher giving them money too.

winecrab

• Rep: -176
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #122 on: September 25, 2020, 07:22:22 PM »
Expand Quote
should be on toy machine

[close]

iirc around the time he was the guest rider for Toy during KOTOR on the tv show or in the mag interviews they called out Sinclair for not paying Forrest his per diem despite Thrasher giving them money too.

Do you remember which year that was?

TreBombMartin

• Rep: 31
« Reply #123 on: September 25, 2020, 07:30:39 PM »
Forrest is one of the most talented dudes ever. Sucks that the stigma of wanting to win a competition over wanting to be homies with people he will never skate with again got him blackballed. If he came up through the traditional route I doubt it would have the same outcome. How do you think Nyjah would have interviewed on that show if he wasn't already a made man?

BroBruhBra

• Rep: -20
« Reply #124 on: September 25, 2020, 07:32:37 PM »
Forrest is one of the most talented dudes ever. Sucks that the stigma of wanting to win a competition over wanting to be homies with people he will never skate with again got him blackballed. If he came up through the traditional route I doubt it would have the same outcome. How do you think Nyjah would have interviewed on that show if he wasn't already a made man?

That show alone didn't sink him. He got a shot with Zero after it.

winecrab

• Rep: -176
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #125 on: September 25, 2020, 07:37:51 PM »
Did he win x games street the year he entered or was it Cole Wilson? That tre flip grind on the 14 with the drop to the stairs on the other side is in the top 10 of gnarliest tricks ever done.

Trashcon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 112
« Reply #126 on: September 25, 2020, 07:46:05 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Wasn't he somewhat on Toy Machine too? For a while it seemed. I might be remembering this wrong but thought Mike Sinclair once talked about how challenging it was working with him. 

stone cold steve austin

• Rep: -84
« Reply #127 on: September 25, 2020, 10:02:27 PM »
Pretty sure we was on that short lived company threat or something

larryhagman

« Reply #128 on: September 26, 2020, 03:39:58 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Wasn't he somewhat on Toy Machine too? For a while it seemed. I might be remembering this wrong but thought Mike Sinclair once talked about how challenging it was working with him.

"Send 10 next time"

JANUS

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 611
« Reply #129 on: September 26, 2020, 07:49:05 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
should be on toy machine

[close]

[close]

Do you remember which year that was?

KOTR 2015, the first year of the vice one, I think.
If you can't handle me at my Marc Johnson, you don't deserve me at my Bobby Puleo.

EdLawndale

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1127
    • My Wife avatar image
« Reply #130 on: September 26, 2020, 09:15:35 AM »
Not sure if it has already been said here, but he looks kinda like Yellow Bastard from "Sin City"...
"Was just about to say, wtf is up with this EdLawndale guy?"

HotnSpicyMcChicken

• Rep: -42
« Reply #131 on: September 26, 2020, 10:13:11 AM »

Nollie heel nose sliding a handrail during a solo sesh...

Brguy

« Reply #132 on: September 26, 2020, 12:13:29 PM »
The crazier part is that it seems like people actually like him and he hangs out with other people in the "industry". Like that time he was getting arrested in Copenhagen(?) or the time he dropped in that sculpture in Barcelona. Looks like he just fucked it up with his responsibilities as a sponsored skater and that was it.

dannyprovolone

« Reply #133 on: September 26, 2020, 12:27:05 PM »
chief is wack for putting him on a budget brand. he might be socially regular but is more marketable than anyone on zero in that era

Grind King Rims

« Reply #134 on: September 26, 2020, 02:58:26 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

You might be thinking of the Chief. He was announced as pro but was kicked off before his board was released and all ISUCK said was, "He's hard to work with." The pro announcement video had voicemail audio in the background of Forest saying how he was overdue pro status.

Grind King Rims

« Reply #135 on: September 26, 2020, 02:59:24 PM »
Oh and as for Toy Machine, he's been very vocal for a long time that it's his favorite brand and he wants to ride for them over anyone else.

Doom patrol

• Rep: 70
« Reply #136 on: September 26, 2020, 04:57:13 PM »
The Earth will be smoking radioactive husk and dudes on slap will still be asking why Forrest isn't pro.

Lowcalcium

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -101
« Reply #137 on: September 28, 2020, 08:44:16 AM »
Forrest Edwards starts a company called Spectrum Skateboards.
Who’s on the team?

Jason Jesse
Ben Raybourn
Gonz

Trashcon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 112
« Reply #138 on: September 28, 2020, 01:17:26 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

You might be thinking of the Chief. He was announced as pro but was kicked off before his board was released and all ISUCK said was, "He's hard to work with." The pro announcement video had voicemail audio in the background of Forest saying how he was overdue pro status.

Yeah, you're right. It was in Jenkem. The part that about him asking for more boards than what he was being sent got stuck with me.

http://www.jenkemmag.com/home/2016/12/26/forrest-edwards-gets-a-zero-board/

Mark Renton

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 288
  • Choose life.
« Reply #139 on: September 29, 2020, 10:47:19 AM »
He’s been out there solo stacking hammers. Mad respect for him and I still hope he can go pro someday.
video tape yourself saving monks. dont just do it. make sure its caught on film.

gonzSOI

« Reply #140 on: September 29, 2020, 10:53:04 AM »
He’s been out there solo stacking hammers. Mad respect for him and I still hope he can go pro someday.

could see him on Bryte

Lowcalcium

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -101
« Reply #141 on: September 29, 2020, 10:58:53 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Nollie heel nose sliding a handrail during a solo sesh...

I'm officially pissed at Edward Templeton for not turning Forrest pro. He's a skating billboard for Toy. Take that Red Bull beanie wearing kid off the team and replace him with Forrest immediately