Author Topic: Lennie Kirk  (Read 26868 times)

Shifty Flip

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 311
  • and the whistle is screaming
Re: Lennie Kirk
« Reply #90 on: December 15, 2020, 10:14:32 PM »
I should send him a picture of my Lennie tattoo. Wonder if he'd be psyched or mad
Pics Please.  In the spirit of the Festivus season.
DMs cool too. Not trying to put you on front street, but inquiring minds want to know!

RoaryMcTwang

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 468
« Reply #91 on: December 15, 2020, 11:28:51 PM »
I should send him a picture of my Lennie tattoo. Wonder if he'd be psyched or mad

Are you speaking as yourself or as Keira Knightley?

I’d be psyched in any case.

ok boomer

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1032
  • Gnar Kook
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #92 on: December 16, 2020, 05:51:00 AM »
Well, being more specific, its a tattoo of the "Harvest" graphic. I love Time code

quit sinnin'

Lou Strux

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2284
  • The Swede is down at Venice Beach, shove off!
« Reply #93 on: December 16, 2020, 08:17:11 AM »
Lennie Kirk on ok boomer: confirmed.

I wanna play you in a game of SKATE for the right to continue talking shit on me.  You think you got me?

backagain420

« Reply #94 on: January 15, 2021, 06:20:46 AM »
Found this the other day

ok boomer

• SLAP Pal
  • Gnar Kook
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #95 on: January 15, 2021, 06:22:23 AM »
Apparently, he just got in a wreck going "130 mph" the other day, and survived, just scrapes and bruises I think

backagain420

« Reply #96 on: January 15, 2021, 06:23:32 AM »
Apparently, he just got in a wreck going "130 mph" the other day, and survived, just scrapes and bruises I think
Honestly that dude has had such a gnarly life, God love him. #PrayforLennie

cky enthusiast

« Reply #97 on: January 15, 2021, 06:27:23 AM »

god is good

ok boomer

• SLAP Pal
  • Gnar Kook
« Reply #98 on: January 15, 2021, 06:36:59 AM »
He's one of my faves obviously, and I watch Time Code too much honestly.

As soon as "Ask Jesus to forgive your sins always" hits, my wife leaves the room. She is over Time code 100%
Because of this, I tend to say "Do you even Time Code brah?" to her all the time. (She doesn't time code)

backagain420

« Reply #99 on: January 15, 2021, 06:38:37 AM »
He's one of my faves obviously, and I watch Time Code too much honestly.

As soon as "Ask Jesus to forgive your sins always" hits, my wife leaves the room. She is over Time code 100%
Because of this, I tend to say "Do you even Time Code brah?" to her all the time. (She doesn't time code)
Do you ever wake up in the morning turn to your wife and say "Pray always get to know the lord" "Escape hell"?

ok boomer

• SLAP Pal
  • Gnar Kook
« Reply #100 on: January 15, 2021, 06:45:53 AM »
Definitely get her with ye olde "Quit Sinnin' Escape Hell". Then bust into the song. (At this point she is usually in the other room). Then I'll tell my son "She isn't prepared to time code" and he continues drawing dragons.

backagain420

« Reply #101 on: January 15, 2021, 06:49:27 AM »
Definitely get her with ye olde "Quit Sinnin' Escape Hell". Then bust into the song. (At this point she is usually in the other room). Then I'll tell my son "She isn't prepared to time code" and he continues drawing dragons.
I fucking love that.

benboardbreaker

• Rep: 43
« Reply #102 on: January 16, 2021, 03:00:09 AM »
Hey lennie -  I am just a cab driver blah blah blah - I love Lennie Kirk. One of the best styles. cool tattoo Okbommer and I like to time code btw.

augustmoon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 816
« Reply #103 on: January 19, 2021, 05:02:23 PM »
Fuck brandon biebel... The lemon thrower

stratosphere

• Rep: 8
« Reply #104 on: January 19, 2021, 05:05:23 PM »

CossRooper

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 138
  • What are you up to, drawing leafs?
    • timecube avatar image
« Reply #105 on: January 19, 2021, 06:24:41 PM »
Well, being more specific, its a tattoo of the "Harvest" graphic. I love Time code

quit sinnin'

man. What a sick tattoo.

Never seen that graphic. The graphic alongside that Hill's letter to Lennie gets me choked up, man. You can tell they cared about him.

Hope dude can find a way to get safe and stable.

cilantro

• Rep: 44
  • human bean
« Reply #106 on: January 19, 2021, 10:15:42 PM »

Brguy

« Reply #107 on: January 20, 2021, 01:14:27 AM »
Sometimes I wish I lived in an english speaking country just to throw around the "quit sinnin', escape hell".

FrozenIndustries

« Reply #108 on: January 20, 2021, 06:15:58 AM »

Where/how/take my money.

Expand Quote

quit sinnin'
[close]

man. What a sick tattoo.

Never seen that graphic. The graphic alongside that Hill's letter to Lennie gets me choked up, man. You can tell they cared about him.

Hope dude can find a way to get safe and stable.

One of my favorite things about Chris Carter's Chromeball interview is that you can tell how much he and Hill cared about the team, how much those guys meant to them. That era of Alien was/is special beyond anything else in skateboarding to me.

Christmas Complete

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 814
  • You better shut up, Don
« Reply #109 on: January 20, 2021, 06:46:07 AM »
Sometimes I wish I lived in an english speaking country just to throw around the "quit sinnin', escape hell".

I imagine you'd get the same reaction either way
Andy Anderson, I cannot sanction your buffoonery.

ok boomer

• SLAP Pal
  • Gnar Kook
« Reply #110 on: January 20, 2021, 06:58:23 AM »
^ That is also one of my reasons for loving that era/ team. I've got a mental list of "special team/eras" and they are all tied for first place. It has always bummed me out how the perfect eras don't last thing long, but you aren't aware until that era is over.

Alien Workshop - Time code era (Hill/Carter with Kalis, Conklin, Gall, Bo Turner & Kirk!!)
H-Street - Hokus Pokus era (T-Mag/Ternasky with Hensley, Lotti, Way, Colby Carter, Sal, Carroll bros, etc. Tore me away from Powell & World)
Plan B - Questionable era - (Ternasky/Rocco with Colin, Shef, Carroll, Duffy, Way, Rickkoo, Sal, Mullen)
Habitat - Photosynthesis era (O'Connor, Wenning, Getz, Gall - NJ Squad!)
Anti-Hero - Cow era (Julien, Andy Roy, Cardiel, Burnquist, S Young, TNT & Eric J - raw skateboarding)
*Shorty's - Fulfill the Dream era (Steve Olson, Muska, Smolik, etc. super close team)
Powell & Peralta - Public Domain era (I was more into this than Ban This,  mostly the classic team but add: Hill, Barbee, Vallely and this was my Powell team)
Girl - Mouse era (Guy, Shef, Carroll, Rickkoo, Rudy, Gino, Keenan, Chico, York etc. This is the one that makes me yearn for baggy jeans, 7.5s and Venture Low 5.0s)
*Element - World Tour era - Tim O, Reese, Barley, Hughes, Natas, Wray, Pluhowski & Frazier!)

As you can tell, I haven't known the vibes since Photosynthesis but I'm the same age (or close) as a lot of these guys also so I feel like it is okay to not connect on the same level with the younger generations. I appreciate others skating since, but not on the same team vibes. I think after Mosaic, I started following companies / teams less. But I was also 27 in 2003 and had a lot of "real life" stuff going on too.

*I had been out of skating for a minute (too much partying) and my friend Eric (RIP) was trying to pull me back into skating (it worked). So he got me to go skating with him, and I was super rusty. After the rusty sesh, he was like "you need to see these videos man", and played me both Fulfill the Dream and World Tour in a row. Made me VHS copies on the spot. Rekindled my skating right then and there, but part of it was the team vibes. Shorty's guys seemed like super tight friends and so did that Element team (I really liked the Bittersweet Symphony part. Tim O'Connor is great)

Anyway, if Blind would have ever come out with another video, the team with Guy & Lotti would have been on here I bet! Time code to me is basically perfection though. And Carter & Hill are awesome. Also, I like that Kalis seems to always stand by Lennie no matter what - true friend. Kalis and Kirk ollieing the table is the best

augustmoon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 816
« Reply #111 on: January 20, 2021, 07:27:37 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]
Need this

here's the profile of the person that makes the Lennie shirt, if anyone is looking.  (wanted to make sure he was cool with me posting here before dropping the link)
Fuck brandon biebel... The lemon thrower

FrozenIndustries

« Reply #112 on: January 20, 2021, 09:55:25 AM »
Just gripped. I am so psyched.

Escape Hell

• Rep: 26
« Reply #113 on: January 20, 2021, 11:46:00 AM »
I fucking need that shirt.

Lou Strux

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2284
  • The Swede is down at Venice Beach, shove off!
« Reply #114 on: January 20, 2021, 12:09:59 PM »
Almost as if it was made just for you!
I agree that you for certs need this.
Now... stop needing, and start having; cop that shi(r)t before they sell through, or Lenneth sends a cease & desist, homey!

I wanna play you in a game of SKATE for the right to continue talking shit on me.  You think you got me?

miff

• Rep: -7
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #115 on: January 20, 2021, 12:17:00 PM »
One of my favorite things about Chris Carter's Chromeball interview is that you can tell how much he and Hill cared about the team, how much those guys meant to them. That era of Alien was/is special beyond anything else in skateboarding to me.
[/quote]

For real. Always dug that they're so hands on, kept the operation small, and put together dope teams until they couldn't. That last incarnation before it fell apart was seriously among the best.

Grant, Dylan, Jake, AVE, Omar, Dill, Bledsoe, Gilbert, Jon Fitz, Donovan, Terp...

Escape Hell

• Rep: 26
« Reply #116 on: January 20, 2021, 12:42:24 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
Almost as if it was made just for you!
I agree that you for certs need this.
Now... stop needing, and start having; cop that shi(r)t before they sell through, or Lenneth sends a cease & desist, homey!
Ordered my friend. Definitely not sleeping on this shit.

Watson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2295
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #117 on: January 20, 2021, 02:39:01 PM »
Boomer, reading your posts about Timecode got me feeling alright about you my man. We had a really good Memory Screen thread going on in the Photos/Videos section which was kind of just an old Alien Workshop and psychedelics appreciation thread. I'm gonna go bump it and tag you so you can join the club.

Anyone else on a quest for the new world order, feel free to join as well.

urbneathme

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 286
« Reply #118 on: January 20, 2021, 07:20:04 PM »
just wanna say that the shirts are reasonably priced, the person making them is delightful, and the turnaround is insanely quick. mine is already in the mail. let’s give this fool a lot of money

Dark Knight

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 365
« Reply #119 on: January 21, 2021, 03:23:16 AM »
Expand Quote

here's the profile of the person that makes the Lennie shirt, if anyone is looking.  (wanted to make sure he was cool with me posting here before dropping the link)

So dope, copping one now.  Reminds me of the shirt Jason Lee wore in Mallrats.