Author Topic: The Set-up Thread  (Read 4812470 times)

yourfuckingdad and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

TheBoognish

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 129
Re: The Set-up Thread
« Reply #26520 on: December 28, 2020, 07:37:12 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

One of my own decks I got made by Pennswood. Deep concave 8.0 x 31.5, 14’ wb
Mob grip
Ace 33
54mm Bones stf 103a
Mini logo bearings
[close]

@Sundaynuggets that veneer color bleed is beautiful with the line art.
[close]

Thanks! They definitely do beautiful work
[close]

Love the BJJ/judo graphics. One of my favourite chokes as well.
[close]

Thanks! I picked my three favorite Bjj athletes for that one. Roger Gracie in the middle Marcelo Garcia on one side and Demian Maia on the other :)

Nice one. 3 GOATS.

Even though it’s scratched you can tell Marcelo’s hittin’ a guillotine and of course Roger’s hitting a cross choke from the back.

Pee nis

• Rep: 20
« Reply #26521 on: December 28, 2020, 09:40:37 AM »

8.6 x 33 | 14.75" WB Snack Roger Krebs board (I've been watching Arts and Culture a ton so I bought a snack board and a couple snack shirts from Seasons out of Albany, which is an awesome shop)
149 Indy Hollows with bones medium bushings
54mm F4 Conical Fulls
Reds
Jessup

It's been sorta of cruddy over here in New Jersey so after breaking my last quasi on flat 15 minutes after setting it up, I've been mostly just skating my rain board or my cruiser til recently when it was dry enough that it made sense to set up a new board.

Anyone else’s PS Stix been made of glass recently? I delam my quasis after like 3 primo slams. Love the shape but seems they don’t hold up. My last FA was a tank it lasted almost 2 months but I like the stubby quasi tail more than the steep FA one. Not sure why the BB wood seems so much more durable.

camel filters

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1292
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #26522 on: December 28, 2020, 10:08:56 AM »
Expand Quote

8.6 x 33 | 14.75" WB Snack Roger Krebs board (I've been watching Arts and Culture a ton so I bought a snack board and a couple snack shirts from Seasons out of Albany, which is an awesome shop)
54mm F4 Conical Fulls
Reds
Jessup

It's been sorta of cruddy over here in New Jersey so after breaking my last quasi on flat 15 minutes after setting it up, I've been mostly just skating my rain board or my cruiser til recently when it was dry enough that it made sense to set up a new board.
[close]

Anyone else’s PS Stix been made of glass recently? I delam my quasis after like 3 primo slams. Love the shape but seems they don’t hold up. My last FA was a tank it lasted almost 2 months but I like the stubby quasi tail more than the steep FA one. Not sure why the BB wood seems so much more durable.
No delams but my current quasi dinged up pretty bad from landing griptape down on flip tricks. Much more noticeable than other decks. I've had 2 other quasis but I have still yet to try a quasi that wasn't an acid ply. Curious to know, did you have the regular decks or the acid ply? My two other ones also dinged up pretty bad but only one straight out snapped prematurely. I like the feel of the boards otherwise.

TheBoognish

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #26523 on: December 28, 2020, 10:16:25 AM »
Expand Quote

54mm F4 Conical Fulls
Reds
Jessup

[close]

My last good PS board was an Alien board from the Mindfield days. I haven't had a good one since. Either they break just by looking at them or they're so soggy they feel like they've been in a car trunk for a few years.

Never again.

Bristol_Palin

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 516
« Reply #26524 on: December 28, 2020, 10:24:06 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

54mm F4 Conical Fulls
Reds
Jessup

[close]

[close]

My last good PS board was an Alien board from the Mindfield days. I haven't had a good one since. Either they break just by looking at them or they're so soggy they feel like they've been in a car trunk for a few years.

Never again.

I'm on ps binge. I was bummed on the quasi breaking but it happens sometimes. Honestly though I have a proto that's a couple years old that I skate as a rain board and the wood still feels so good. Sometimes you just get a good one. Snack is ps too. I might just be eating good honestly lol. It's always the same break. I always snap the tail. This time it snapped right above the back bolts.

TheBoognish

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #26525 on: December 28, 2020, 10:40:26 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

54mm F4 Conical Fulls
Reds
Jessup

[close]

[close]

Never again.
[close]

I'm on ps binge. I was bummed on the quasi breaking but it happens sometimes. Honestly though I have a proto that's a couple years old that I skate as a rain board and the wood still feels so good. Sometimes you just get a good one. Snack is ps too. I might just be eating good honestly lol. It's always the same break. I always snap the tail. This time it snapped right above the back bolts.

Wasn’t Snack on South Central wood for the longest time ?

ballintoohard

« Reply #26526 on: December 28, 2020, 10:42:05 AM »
nope, been on PS for at least 5 years, but some shapes I don't see often with other brands.

Pee nis

• Rep: 20
« Reply #26527 on: December 28, 2020, 11:15:20 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

54mm F4 Conical Fulls
Reds
Jessup

[close]

[close]
No delams but my current quasi dinged up pretty bad from landing griptape down on flip tricks. Much more noticeable than other decks. I've had 2 other quasis but I have still yet to try a quasi that wasn't an acid ply. Curious to know, did you have the regular decks or the acid ply? My two other ones also dinged up pretty bad but only one straight out snapped prematurely. I like the feel of the boards otherwise.

Interestingly the 2 I’ve insta destroyed were acid ply (Crockett and jake Johnson Jesus 8.25) but my first one was a dekeyzer non-acidply and it held up well. Setting up a proto next so I’ll see how that holds up.

Sundaynuggets

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Rep: 124
« Reply #26528 on: December 28, 2020, 11:34:20 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

Mob grip
Ace 33
54mm Bones stf 103a
Mini logo bearings
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

Thanks! I picked my three favorite Bjj athletes for that one. Roger Gracie in the middle Marcelo Garcia on one side and Demian Maia on the other :)
[close]

Nice one. 3 GOATS.

Even though it’s scratched you can tell Marcelo’s hittin’ a guillotine and of course Roger’s hitting a cross choke from the back.

Exactly!

TheBoognish

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #26529 on: December 28, 2020, 11:48:21 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

Mob grip
Ace 33
54mm Bones stf 103a
Mini logo bearings
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

Nice one. 3 GOATS.

[close]

Exactly!

Looks like the cross choke he hit on Buchecha.

Cool to see someone else trains here.

saltusnaut

• Rep: 36
« Reply #26530 on: December 28, 2020, 12:08:24 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

Mob grip
Ace 33
54mm Bones stf 103a
Mini logo bearings
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

Nice one. 3 GOATS.

[close]

Exactly!
[close]

Frickin nerds cloggin up the thread

Sundaynuggets

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Rep: 124
« Reply #26531 on: December 28, 2020, 02:58:42 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

Mob grip
Ace 33
54mm Bones stf 103a
Mini logo bearings
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

Nice one. 3 GOATS.

[close]

Exactly!
[close]

Yep, that’s the one! For sure, there’s a surprising amount of Bjj/Judo players I know who skate or used to also! There’s at least four or five on Slap that I know of (including Muay Thai)

Dinglenuts

• Rep: 2
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #26532 on: December 28, 2020, 03:35:42 PM »

7.9 dwindle flat shape, like real flat
ace 33
bones swiss
spitfire 52mm
compulsive doodle grip

took it my local secret covid curb a couple times this past weekend (pics from before) to skate some flatground. took a sec to get used to how flat it is.

anyone else ride ace 33's? if so what size board are you riding?
Nice setup. I ran 33’s on 8.1 and 8.25 and liked them. I went back to 7.8 or 7.9 and switched to Thunders for reasons I will never know.

white guy in a durag

• Rep: 230
  • 0 days since last ankle injury
« Reply #26533 on: December 28, 2020, 03:42:50 PM »
Excited to finally try a quasi and finally do an okay grip job

Quasi proto 8.5"
Ace 44
NFG V 56mm
Bones Big Balls
Bronze
Jessup

munchbox

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 864
  • like….? brunch
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #26534 on: December 28, 2020, 04:04:38 PM »
Excited to finally try a quasi and finally do an okay grip job

Quasi proto 8.5"
Ace 44
NFG V 56mm
Bones Big Balls
Bronze
Jessup
im gonna kook you until you get it right. this had to stop three tries ago
while cool-guying is a real phenomenon, studies show that 83% of all cool-guying incidents can be attributed to the cool-guyee being an awkward weirdo

white guy in a durag

• Rep: 230
  • 0 days since last ankle injury
« Reply #26535 on: December 28, 2020, 04:14:42 PM »
im gonna kook you until you get it right. this had to stop three tries ago
I wouldn't have it any other way baby

Bristol_Palin

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 516
« Reply #26536 on: December 28, 2020, 04:34:13 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

54mm F4 Conical Fulls
Reds
Jessup

[close]

[close]

Never again.
[close]

[close]

Wasn’t Snack on South Central wood for the longest time ?

I do remember their boards being south central wood a while back but it’s been ps for a while now.

FrozenIndustries

« Reply #26537 on: December 28, 2020, 05:23:38 PM »

Hockey 8.18" (14" WB)
Ace 44
Loophole 56mm V-cut
Jessup/Shorty's/Reds

Basically an Xmas complete. The Hockey 8.18 feels as wide as/wider than a lot of 8.25"s I've had, nice and full. This is about the same length as the 8.5" I had, but with a longer tail (2 fingers of flat).

Skated it for about an hour tonight and i am very into it.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2020, 06:14:39 PM by FrozenIndustries »

Acky Jacky

« Reply #26538 on: December 28, 2020, 05:26:36 PM »

ace 33
bones swiss
spitfire 52mm
compulsive doodle grip

took it my local secret covid curb a couple times this past weekend (pics from before) to skate some flatground. took a sec to get used to how flat it is.

Cool Pezo, pleasing board to look at.

GoneWithTheSchwinn

• Mods
  • Rep: -9957
« Reply #26539 on: December 28, 2020, 05:55:02 PM »
The art on the grip works, very cool.

BLACK LIVES MATTER
FUCK 12

"Watch out or the gazpacho police will get you!"

jay_nev

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 306
« Reply #26540 on: December 28, 2020, 06:57:18 PM »
The art on the grip works, very cool.
@mattone is that the accountant from Soul? Ha

Ok

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1112
« Reply #26541 on: December 28, 2020, 07:23:01 PM »

Hockey 8.18" (14" WB)
Ace 44
Loophole 56mm V-cut
Jessup/Shorty's/Reds

Basically an Xmas complete. The Hockey 8.18 feels as wide as/wider than a lot of 8.25"s I've had, nice and full. This is about the same length as the 8.5" I had, but with a longer tail (2 fingers of flat).

Looks very good

Vinz

• Rep: -11
  • bam margera biggest fan
« Reply #26542 on: December 28, 2020, 07:28:58 PM »

Hockey 8.18" (14" WB)
Ace 44
Loophole 56mm V-cut
Jessup/Shorty's/Reds

This setup looks absolutely gorgeous! Where did you find those wheels?

FrozenIndustries

« Reply #26543 on: December 29, 2020, 07:12:03 AM »
Expand Quote

Hockey 8.18" (14" WB)
Ace 44
Loophole 56mm V-cut
Jessup/Shorty's/Reds

[close]

Looks very good

Thanks, forgot to mention I'm running Lucky risers on it.

Expand Quote

Hockey 8.18" (14" WB)
Ace 44
Loophole 56mm V-cut
Jessup/Shorty's/Reds

[close]

This setup looks absolutely gorgeous! Where did you find those wheels?

Library skateshop had some but Loophole sells direct if they're out. Also NFG Mfg V-shape are the same and they do direct as well.

Garbagewagon

• Rep: 5
« Reply #26544 on: December 29, 2020, 10:58:02 AM »
My son's Christmas complete.
Primewood Mini 27" x 7.5
Ace 02
Boardy Cakes 49mm
Reds
1" Allen hardware
Jessup

« Last Edit: December 30, 2020, 10:54:37 AM by Garbagewagon »

jtrpma

• Rep: 45
  • PMA
« Reply #26545 on: December 29, 2020, 11:45:50 AM »
what a perfect kids setup!

PMA

LordManHammer

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -333
  • (0_o) whatever dog you probably suck at it
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #26546 on: December 29, 2020, 11:55:10 AM »
Really didn’t expect this and thank you again @witty pseudonym.

Jessup grip
Spitfire Lock-ins 51mm
Quasi Al Davis 8.37”
Thunder 148’s
Idk Swiss and reds bearings

Psyched on this as I’ve been breaking boards constantly I had a quiver of 11 completes now I have a shit load of trucks and wheels I have cruiser and this one now.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2020, 04:35:44 PM by El Fapinator »
Dueces Bitch's

picklef33t

• Rep: 1
« Reply #26547 on: December 29, 2020, 01:02:00 PM »
8.5x32 baker deck OG shape mellow concave

Ace 55 trucks with the stock bushings

Satori 54mm 101a wheels

Jessup grip tape

Emerica shoes 

Phillyflared

• Rep: 34
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #26548 on: December 29, 2020, 01:17:06 PM »
Expand Quote
ace 33
bones swiss
spitfire 52mm
compulsive doodle grip

[close]

I have a set or two of the 33s, one is on an AH 8.125 which is a bit wide for them, but they still go ok on it.

That Dwindle though - is it a special board / sanded the graphic off / anything else to say?  Only because I have seen some people want really flat boards but almost all Dwindle are too steep in some area, even with different options for concave / kicks.

It's a sample board, maybe a bit too flat, but it's 31.1 long so fits my short legs...haha

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 35
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
« Reply #26549 on: December 29, 2020, 03:20:42 PM »

AWS 8.25
Mob
Indy 7/8 phillips
Indy 149 GT hollows
Swiss 6
F4 99 54mm CF
Kwalks 2
Nothing beats the new wheels + board combo. Super excited about sizing down a little
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.