Author Topic: Kader baker 4  (Read 9522 times)

Manolo

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 467
Re: Kader baker 4
« Reply #30 on: November 25, 2019, 11:09:07 AM »
Not sure if all this overhype is a good thing for a 17 years old ego.

Rasmus

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 68
« Reply #31 on: November 25, 2019, 11:16:21 AM »
I like Kader - he's got great style, and that nollie bs flip looked really well done!

My favourite post celebration was in the sour video after nisse did a loop!

Glurmpz

« Reply #32 on: November 25, 2019, 11:22:16 AM »
I like Kader - he's got great style, and that nollie bs flip looked really well done!

You mean Simon.

puff daddy

• Rep: -13
  • all we do is watch mtv cribs
« Reply #33 on: November 25, 2019, 12:20:55 PM »
I'm confused, is this one of his two parts in the video? And where is the hurricane on Hollywood High you're talking about? Did that footage already come out?

this is only half of kaders part the first half is basically all pre supreme / pre baby dreads kader

Rocketed ollie

• Rep: -7
« Reply #34 on: November 25, 2019, 12:52:43 PM »
Not sure if all this overhype is a good thing for a 17 years old ego.

Nobody over-hyped Theotis and he still ended up a baller shot-caller. Just depends on the kid's ego, I have confidence he'll keep things humble, Boss style.
It’s all nothing and it still matters.

booty

• Rep: 21
« Reply #35 on: November 25, 2019, 01:46:44 PM »
why did Baker put this mans part to a Stones song? I'd be bummed on my first part.

shannamal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 353
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #36 on: November 25, 2019, 05:41:35 PM »
no one is going to talk about the horrendous filming, and weird editing? this is so fat bill it hurt.

like, the ride on 5-0 on the fence. rad trick, didn't need 45 seconds of him standing up there. then, he almost missed the ride off, and almost missed the nollie heel after. keep his entire body in frame and in focus, jesus christ

i don’t think any of you are real, i think slap was invented by my mom to make me think people want to talk to me

swordtechnique

• Rep: -56
« Reply #37 on: November 25, 2019, 06:04:49 PM »
no one is going to talk about the horrendous filming, and weird editing? this is so fat bill it hurt.

like, the ride on 5-0 on the fence. rad trick, didn't need 45 seconds of him standing up there. then, he almost missed the ride off, and almost missed the nollie heel after. keep his entire body in frame and in focus, jesus christ

Another talented skater who's clips are lost to Supreme-style clip-butchery. Sad.

Pappy Jones

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 160
« Reply #38 on: November 25, 2019, 06:31:51 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Another talented skater who's clips are lost to Supreme-style clip-butchery. Sad.
Okay, you said it. We get it. Can we stop talking about fucking Bill Strobeck now? This filming was tame compared to Blessed or a part actually filmed entirely by Strobeck. It wasn’t THAT bad. Kader is sick but most of SLAP’s discussion on his Baker 4 part will be littered with people obsessed with saying how much they don’t like Supreme. There’s a Candyland thread full of this garbage already. The discussion has been beat to death. We all know he did a ride on 5-0 on that fence, you could see it just fine.

camel filters

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1308
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #39 on: November 25, 2019, 06:37:06 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]
Okay, you said it. We get it. Can we stop talking about fucking Bill Strobeck now? This filming was tame compared to Blessed or a part actually filmed entirely by Strobeck. It wasn’t THAT bad. Kader is sick but most of SLAP’s discussion on his Baker 4 part will be littered with people obsessed with saying how much they don’t like Supreme. There’s a Candyland thread full of this garbage already. The discussion has been beat to death. We all know he did a ride on 5-0 on that fence, you could see it just fine.
I fucked with a condom on. We could tell what happened just fine. But we all know there's a way better way to do it.

Pappy Jones

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 160
« Reply #40 on: November 25, 2019, 06:40:34 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]
[close]
I fucked with a condom on. We could tell what happened just fine. But we all know there's a way better way to do it.
The point of my post was that while I agree, it’s not very fun to talk about the same thing we all don’t like over and over and over again.

enrgydrnkr

• Rep: 25
« Reply #41 on: November 25, 2019, 06:48:49 PM »
I’m not sure I watched the same part as y’all. I do know that I watched it on a TV, in the context of the entire video, and it felt like classic Baker magic. I don’t necessarily want to watch a 17 year old kid try to one up everybody, either. I want to watch somebody who is comfortable on a board skate fast and loose, and Kader delivered that. He’s a natural, and besides, you guys are too picky because most of the part was still fucking hammers.

Also, the ender sort of makes sense, even though it’s not the craziest trick. Through the rest of the video pretty much everyone gets a trick or is seen in clips at that spot (Ellington switch fs flip, Elissa and co. chilling in the grass) so it seems like the sessions they had there had some kind of special vibe that makes sense to highlight in the video.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2019, 06:51:04 PM by enrgydrnkr »

ColinYourAssOut

• Rep: 13
« Reply #42 on: November 25, 2019, 07:42:29 PM »
You ever buy a piece of fruit that looked REALLY good, felt it out and decided it was the right one to pull and pay for, only to get home and find out that shit ain't quite ripe yet and doesn't taste all that great despite the appearance and hype you put into the purchase?

That's Kader to me. 

Kid's really good, and he's probably going to be amazing one day in the same way as when I saw Louie's Extremely Sorry party and just knew he was gonna blow up and be a force one day in the future.  But the hype is just too premature, Kader's got talent and style is getting on point now that his board isn't almost as tall as he is, but I think we're about 3-4 years away from seeing what he's REALLY going to be.  That is, barring that he falls for the marketing shit that they're pushing him with to where he piles out before he hits his stride and truly shows what the fuck he can do.

Don't want to be a downer on this one, but who knows if/when another Baker full video will happen, this isn't the way I'd want to be remembered for a legacy down the line when he puts out better shit on IG half the time.  Just felt off to me.
You can't beat cheeks with weak meat.

swordtechnique

« Reply #43 on: November 25, 2019, 09:27:20 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]
[close]
[close]
The point of my post was that while I agree, it’s not very fun to talk about the same thing we all don’t like over and over and over again.

Well the thing is for me that this is a Baker issue. Let Supreme do its thing, they've stuck with that style and some people fuck with it so if people are into that's just ok.  I wish I could see their skaters with different filming but whatever.

But this is a BAKER video. How its filmed has always been really important to the look of these videos, and it seems like they're abandoning their own style to jack that of what they think the "cool kids" are doing. I dunno if Supreme made Kader sign a contract or something that only let's him be filmed in this style, or if it was Andrews decision or Kaders himself, but it stinks and doesn't feel like Baker.

Like what happened to Beagle?  Did he actually film this?  Doesn't look like his style whatsoever.

And as for his skatin, well, only a few clips stood out, honestly. I liked his young Emericans part way more than this.  I'm sure he's gonna improve alot, but for a baker video in 2019 this was unimpressive.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2019, 09:39:48 PM by swordtechnique »

DannyDee

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 248
« Reply #44 on: November 25, 2019, 10:06:46 PM »
Really good part. I wouldn't put it in the pantheon of great parts by people around the same age (first two that come to mind are Lavar in Trilogy and Mike-Mo in FF), but the kid delivered and showed he got his pro-status off more than hype.

The ender was a weird choice, but let's not act like this part didn't have a legit ender or two in it. I think they didn't end with the Hurricane down Hollywood 16 because they wanted to split his footage in two from when he looked really young, to his current look, so it made sense to open with it.

Rasmus

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 68
« Reply #45 on: November 25, 2019, 11:48:40 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

You mean Simon.

Consider me embarrassed  :-[

listentoaheartbeat

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 187
« Reply #46 on: November 26, 2019, 12:49:24 AM »
I didn't expect to like this, but I liked it very much. Good fit if he actually is on Supreme—to be honest I think the aesthetic fits his skating really well, including the filming. He has great flow and style, and is clearly thinking about trick selection. I prefer that over skateboard sensationalism any day. The ender is a great example of this by setting itself apart through the subtlety of its incredible execution.

camel filters

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1308
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #47 on: November 26, 2019, 06:01:51 AM »
I didn't expect to like this, but I liked it very much. Good fit if he actually is on Supreme—to be honest I think the aesthetic fits his skating really well, including the filming. He has great flow and style, and is clearly thinking about trick selection. I prefer that over skateboard sensationalism any day. The ender is a great example of this by setting itself apart through the subtlety of its incredible execution.

He is.

shannamal

• SLAP Pal
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #48 on: November 26, 2019, 04:58:20 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]
[close]
[close]

being a needlessly nitpicky curmudgeon is kinda my thing though

i don’t think any of you are real, i think slap was invented by my mom to make me think people want to talk to me

homegrown83

• Rep: -83
« Reply #49 on: November 26, 2019, 05:52:59 PM »
I don't know if I'm alone, but I hated it. The skating is good, but I absolutely can't stand the filming. Too munching zooming in, zooming out. This is the Supreme video all over again.

fftc

• Rep: 1
« Reply #50 on: November 27, 2019, 02:01:51 AM »
I don't know if I'm alone, but I hated it. The skating is good, but I absolutely can't stand the filming. Too munching zooming in, zooming out. This is the Supreme video all over again.

You are not alone.

I don't know who filmed this but I hope they didn't get paid. They obviously never even heard of framing. Amateur as fuck. Like those family cine films from the 1970's.

Beeda Weeda

« Reply #51 on: November 27, 2019, 04:45:09 AM »
good song, maybe great song.
fat bill's filming is distracting, I feel like his need to film things in a unique way makes it less about the skateboarder, and more about him, even though he does massive awkward close up shots on the skater.
kader is good, but he's not there yet.
SUPREME is whack. What skateboarder can actually afford this crap? Its either 12 year old rich kids or hype beast morons who throw their paychecks away into street wear.
By the time somebody is old enough to actually afford their gear, they are smart enough not to buy their gear.
FUCK SUPREME

swordtechnique

« Reply #52 on: November 27, 2019, 05:13:48 AM »
good song, maybe great song.
fat bill's filming is distracting, I feel like his need to film things in a unique way makes it less about the skateboarder, and more about him, even though he does massive awkward close up shots on the skater.
kader is good, but he's not there yet.
SUPREME is whack. What skateboarder can actually afford this crap? Its either 12 year old rich kids or hype beast morons who throw their paychecks away into street wear.
By the time somebody is old enough to actually afford their gear, they are smart enough not to buy their gear.
FUCK SUPREME

Apparantly it wasn't fat bill filming but someone else jacking his style. Which makes it even worse.  Ripping off a hack, how pathetic can you get?

Tyroneshoelaces

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -625
  • who knows
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #53 on: November 27, 2019, 05:22:12 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

You are not alone.

I don't know who filmed this but I hope they didn't get paid. They obviously never even heard of framing. Amateur as fuck. Like those family cine films from the 1970's.

agreed.  how could they let this go out the door like that?  What a waste.  utter shit

STOP FUCKING FILMING LIKE THAT
where is home?

thebacker

« Reply #54 on: November 27, 2019, 05:24:09 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

You are not alone.

[close]

agreed.  how could they let this go out the door like that?  What a waste.  utter shit

It has to be strobeck filming most of this shit right?

Utopos

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -23
  • Who Cares
« Reply #55 on: November 27, 2019, 09:04:53 AM »
That was the most lack luster part I have seen from a pro in a long time. There were only two tricks in the whole edit that were really deserving of being in the video. The rest was filler. The song is a great song, but not for this part. And however shot the footage should be blacklisted from skating forever. If Drew edited this part he should pass the torch to someone else.

versacekid420

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1267
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #56 on: November 27, 2019, 09:14:02 AM »
why did Baker put this mans part to a Stones song? I'd be bummed on my first part.
i think it fit well and being close to kaders age and having an appreciation for The Rolling Stones, id be hyped.

Edit: it’s also not his first part

shannamal

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #57 on: November 27, 2019, 09:15:31 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

You are not alone.

[close]

[close]

It has to be strobeck filming most of this shit right?

"STOP FUCKING FILMING LIKE THAT"

rlang

• Rep: 19
« Reply #58 on: November 27, 2019, 10:09:37 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

"STOP FUCKING FILMING LIKE THAT"

Idk

• SLAP Pal