Author Topic: Tips to land heelflips?  (Read 1165 times)

FrankSweat

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 0
Tips to land heelflips?
« on: December 16, 2019, 12:29:46 PM »
I've been practicing for a few months and I have the flick down but my consistency sucks. I really have to work my ass off to land a few and usually my board goes forward or behind me. Do you have any tips or tricks on landing them? My front foot position is pretty much like an Ollie but a bit forward.

Nicki

Re: Tips to land heelflips?
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2019, 03:03:55 PM »

Eds_gallerist

« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2019, 12:31:28 PM »
Keep your upper centered over board. Think of your back foot pushing backwards after popping. Keep shoulders aligned. Try not to think  ;D

nachodaddy

• Rep: 1
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2019, 09:29:27 AM »
Keep your back straight as you crouch and pop. That’ll help you keep the board underneath you. When you pop and flick, make a conscious effort to lift your back foot high and to pull back your flicking foot over the board. If it continuous to land behind you, then you need to hop back a bit.

Made In China

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 656
« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2019, 04:34:06 PM »
I always have trouble with the board going behind me and keeping my front foot over the board. I found that what helps the most is leaning back a little while keeping my shoulders straight over the board. It means I end up putting more weight on my back foot. Flicking straight out toward the nose of the board and pulling my back leg up more also helps a lot.

tranny in the streets

• Rep: 12
  • Gronk
« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2019, 11:02:28 PM »
My buddies and I have this thing called the 'chair' which means you imagine yourself sitting in a chair straight while crouching. This makes sure your body is directly above your board. Your heelflips should stay under you and not go behind you if you do that.

It's already been said, but to add to it, if you lean forward too much while crouching your board is going to go behind you. Your head shouldn't be leaning over the board, your body should be perfectly straight. Watch as you start landing heelflips every try. Seriously, that's the biggest mistake people do with that trick, and actually many other tricks.

FS-OverKOOK

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 45
« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2020, 10:15:24 PM »
I just always remind myself to kick straight forward otherwise they always go behind.

Shalom Peterson

• Rep: 20
« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2020, 07:45:51 AM »
Kick forward and once you feel the nose graze your pinky toe, give it that lil flick out. Before you pop, emphasize in your head that you need to slide your foot forward, not out. Hope that helps.

JudoOrigami

• Rep: -90
« Reply #8 on: April 07, 2020, 04:52:46 AM »
easiest trick in the book dont over think it