Author Topic: the Bunt is back  (Read 312625 times)

BugleBites

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -68
Re: the Bunt is back
« Reply #1380 on: October 09, 2021, 09:18:42 PM »
Nah the spoken ads are tongue in cheek and usually pretty funny.

What’s painful is Chris Roberts seriously yet enthusiastically trying to sell us those manscaped razor kits.

Is that an Experience thing? Never watched that. I've only watched a few episodes of the regular Nine Club in the last year. They should have left Roger on and put Chris in the back, haha.

Listentothis

• Rep: -24
« Reply #1381 on: October 10, 2021, 06:20:07 AM »

What’s painful is Chris Roberts seriously yet enthusiastically trying to sell us those manscaped razor kits.
Show me the motha fucking money...!
Slap Message Boards (Definition) - To create drama and make up stories about am/pro skateboarders.

elbarto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 34
« Reply #1382 on: October 10, 2021, 12:28:08 PM »

Oh come on dude, the way he reads off the ads is so obviously satirical. No shit they’re trying to sound enthusiastic about the product.
“I’ll whoop your ass with my arm out of socket”

Pappy Jones

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 155
« Reply #1383 on: October 10, 2021, 02:03:11 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Oh come on dude, the way he reads off the ads is so obviously satirical. No shit they’re trying to sound enthusiastic about the product.
My bad, meant to type unenthusiastically. Sometimes my phone auto corrects shit for no reason on here. My point being was the energy the bunt guys put in to their ads is satirical and kind of funny, while Chris just sounds bored and is trying to get through it.

Still, I appreciate what the nine club does and don’t want to complain about free content, I just grew tired of the rambling small talk formula.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2021, 02:14:56 PM by Pappy Jones »

somedudefromnj

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 76
« Reply #1384 on: October 11, 2021, 06:54:17 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
great episode

yall think the nineclub would ever have these dudes on?
[close]
LD (eldy) didn't even know where these dudes were, you already know Crob & The Knobs are here for the views & not the cultural impact. I bet Crob wouldn't even do it for some Maker Pizza that someone else ordered for him
[close]

I mean cmon man if it was for views they’d have some contemporary skaters on and not someone like Jacob Rosenberg for their 200th episode. Cut them some slack I didn’t even listen to the bunt until last year

Eldridge was a good guest. I normally don’t like his opinion much on the Nine Club but he was good on here. Anyone know more about his back injury?
[close]
If i remember correctly, they talked a lot more about it on this podcast https://soundcloud.com/user-248697933/justin-eldridge-catch-up

Anyone ever feel like everything that happened to Eldy kind of just happened?

Back injury just happened outta nowhere

Tricks all came easy

eS going under just happened outta nowhere

etc etc. or am i tripping

Dudes still one of my favorites

Lol. Eldee is definitely a human. He’s like a raider on horse back who’s kinda scared to do battle. Somehow he closes his eyes and swings his sword wildly and wakes up in a pile of dead orcs.

arrbee

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 438
« Reply #1385 on: October 11, 2021, 07:43:09 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
great episode

[close]
LD (eldy) didn't even know where these dudes were, you already know Crob & The Knobs are here for the views & not the cultural impact. I bet Crob wouldn't even do it for some Maker Pizza that someone else ordered for him
[close]

I mean cmon man if it was for views they’d have some contemporary skaters on and not someone like Jacob Rosenberg for their 200th episode. Cut them some slack I didn’t even listen to the bunt until last year

Eldridge was a good guest. I normally don’t like his opinion much on the Nine Club but he was good on here. Anyone know more about his back injury?
[close]
If i remember correctly, they talked a lot more about it on this podcast https://soundcloud.com/user-248697933/justin-eldridge-catch-up
[close]

Tricks all came easy

This one seemed weird to me after listen to his bunt interview. Claimed to be the only skater at all the sole tech/es sales meetings but didn't see this coming? He was either just there to party or can't comprehend data, there is no way es had a decent year and just decided to shut down.
Quote from: DaveFuck
youre fucking FRIED if you think im gonna listen to dan corrigan talk about cariuma

somedudefromnj

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1386 on: October 11, 2021, 09:12:16 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
great episode

[close]
[close]

[close]
[close]

Tricks all came easy

[close]

This one seemed weird to me after listen to his bunt interview. Claimed to be the only skater at all the sole tech/es sales meetings but didn't see this coming? He was either just there to party or can't comprehend data, there is no way es had a decent year and just decided to shut down.

surprisingly they actually did. Sole tech overall did not. The worst performing brand that year was Altamont but they didnt want to cut the only clothing brand

allegedly

edit*
that could have been pure BS but thats how i remember the tale. Cant remember if I saw that in transworld biz or something but can anyone confirm?

Lol. Eldee is definitely a human. He’s like a raider on horse back who’s kinda scared to do battle. Somehow he closes his eyes and swings his sword wildly and wakes up in a pile of dead orcs.

Idk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 303
« Reply #1387 on: October 11, 2021, 09:47:10 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
great episode

[close]
[close]

[close]
[close]

Tricks all came easy

[close]

[close]

surprisingly they actually did. Sole tech overall did not. The worst performing brand that year was Altamont but they didnt want to cut the only clothing brand

allegedly

edit*
that could have been pure BS but thats how i remember the tale. Cant remember if I saw that in transworld biz or something but can anyone confirm?
Im tired of saying this because I didn’t come up with it I read it on here but Reynolds threatened to quit Emerica if Altamont was cut so they cut eS. If true that’s really shitty thing to do to Mike Anderson, Bobby Worrest, Rodrigo TX, John Rattray, and so on.

Huell Howser

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 251
« Reply #1388 on: October 11, 2021, 01:12:49 PM »
Eldy episode was gr8

Grind King Rims

« Reply #1389 on: October 11, 2021, 03:09:22 PM »
‘gettting on this skateshop (val surf) was like, detrimental to my career’ - Justin Eldridge

That was the last straw for me. Eldridge was a great skater but that was a horrible episode.

pizzafliptofakie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1958
« Reply #1390 on: October 11, 2021, 05:55:22 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
great episode

[close]
[close]

[close]
[close]

Tricks all came easy

[close]

Justin's not the first rider to talk about eS' shady shut down. Bobby Worrest brought it up on the Nine Club and Kelly quickly changed the subject and came up with some excuse about how "eS wasn't making the tech shoes they were known for" or something stupid. Even so, just throwing the announcement on Instagram without so much as a heads up to their riders is the most spineless thing I have ever heard and it makes their whole "sKaTeR oWnEd" dribble to be meaningless.

Fuck eS. Worst company.

BugleBites

« Reply #1391 on: October 11, 2021, 06:04:09 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
great episode

[close]
[close]

[close]
[close]

Tricks all came easy

[close]

[close]

Justin's not the first rider to talk about eS' shady shut down. Bobby Worrest brought it up on the Nine Club and Kelly quickly changed the subject and came up with some excuse about how "eS wasn't making the tech shoes they were known for" or something stupid. Even so, just throwing the announcement on Instagram without so much as a heads up to their riders is the most spineless thing I have ever heard and it makes their whole "sKaTeR oWnEd" dribble to be meaningless.

Fuck eS. Worst company.

It's hilarious how butt hurt random people get about that, like eS somehow personally wronged you. Lol. I love eS and that doesn’t bother me at all that they shuttered they way they did, I'm much more bummed finding out that Don Brown is an anti vax tool ... but I still love their shoes. You think the big guys aren’t constantly ghosting riders?! Haha.

Edit: forgot you're the guy with the rage boner for eS, always chiming in to hate whenever anything remotely related to them comes up. I can't imagine being so pissy about a brand I have nothing to do with. Lol.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2021, 08:55:17 PM by BugleBites »

urbneathme

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 280
« Reply #1392 on: October 11, 2021, 07:33:29 PM »
the way eldy talks about his tooth pick company is hysterical. dudes presenting like he’s making drivers and he’s just making smaller, more useless tees

pizzafliptofakie

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1393 on: October 12, 2021, 07:18:06 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
great episode

[close]
[close]

[close]
[close]

Tricks all came easy

[close]

[close]

Fuck eS. Worst company.
[close]

It's hilarious how butt hurt random people get about that, like eS somehow personally wronged you. Lol. I love eS and that doesn’t bother me at all that they shuttered they way they did, I'm much more bummed finding out that Don Brown is an anti vax tool ... but I still love their shoes. You think the big guys aren’t constantly ghosting riders?! Haha.

Edit: forgot you're the guy with the rage boner for eS, always chiming in to hate whenever anything remotely related to them comes up. I can't imagine being so pissy about a brand I have nothing to do with. Lol.

lol, I'm obviously being a bit hyperbolic for the internet because I think that kinda thing is funny, but I do think they're the worst. I promise it occupies very little of my mind once I log off. It's Slap, and it's fun. I understand that can get lost in translation through text but I assure you I am okay.

When in recent history has any other company ghosted any of their top riders, let alone all of them? That seems to be the wolf that everybody cries for when it comes to bigger companies but it's only really happened with the one company that tries to scream "core" the loudest. I mean c'mon, they curbed a really solid team with no notice for a fucking YouTuber who never made it by conventional means. That's Cariuma levels of corny, but at least Cariuma doesn't victimize itself as much as eS still does. That's deserving of limitless scrutiny. Cuz like, fuck that company.

sidenote but how do you know Don is antivax? Wouldn't put it past him but if he's mentioned it I missed it.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2021, 07:29:07 AM by pizzafliptofakie »

Youoverthere

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 165
« Reply #1394 on: October 12, 2021, 07:33:03 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
great episode

[close]
[close]

[close]
[close]

Tricks all came easy

[close]

[close]

Fuck eS. Worst company.
[close]

[close]

lol, I'm obviously being a bit hyperbolic for the internet because I think that kinda thing is funny, but I do think they're the worst. I promise it occupies very little of my mind once I log off. It's Slap, and it's fun. I understand that can get lost in translation through text but I assure you I am okay.

When in recent history has any other company ghosted any of their top riders, let alone all of them? That seems to be the wolf that everybody cries for when it comes to bigger companies but it's only really happened with the one company that tries to scream "core" the loudest. I mean c'mon, they curbed a really solid team with no notice for a fucking YouTuber who never made it by conventional means. That's Cariuma levels of corny, but at least Cariuma doesn't victimize itself as much as eS still does. That's deserving of limitless scrutiny. Cuz like, fuck that company.

sidenote but how do you know Don is antivax? Wouldn't put it past him but if he's mentioned it I missed it.
I would also like to know more about this^

it must be crazy when chico sells you something and the tables switch from "give me my money chico" to "giving my money to chico"

BugleBites

« Reply #1395 on: October 12, 2021, 10:35:01 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
great episode

[close]
[close]

[close]
[close]

Tricks all came easy

[close]

[close]

Fuck eS. Worst company.
[close]

[close]

Don liked Kareem's ridiculous post and then made an asinine comment about "someone he knows". Something along the lines of a friend's vaccination triggering a heart attack in that person's wife ... serious nonsense.

Who's the youtuber associated with eS? I do think they've been blowing it as far as advertising and solidifying their team ... was Schmatty a youtuber? I think it's fair to dislike that guy based on the name alone, lol.

pizzafliptofakie

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1396 on: October 12, 2021, 10:37:09 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
great episode

[close]
[close]

[close]
[close]

Tricks all came easy

[close]

[close]

Fuck eS. Worst company.
[close]

[close]

[close]

Don liked Kareem's ridiculous post and then made an asinine comment about "someone he knows". Something along the lines of a friend's vaccination triggering a heart attack in that person's wife ... serious nonsense.

Who's the youtuber associated with eS? I do think they've been blowing it as far as advertising and solidifying their team ... was Schmatty a youtuber? I think it's fair to dislike that guy based on the name alone, lol.

I was referring to the (self made) face of the company, Kelly Hart.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2021, 10:45:01 AM by pizzafliptofakie »

BugleBites

« Reply #1397 on: October 12, 2021, 10:51:00 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
great episode

[close]
[close]

[close]
[close]

Tricks all came easy

[close]

[close]

Fuck eS. Worst company.
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

He was a youtuber?! I just remember him from Expedition. Or are you referring to The Nine Club? When I think "youtuber", I think of people who film themselves talking to the camera non-stop that never had a name/connection to the real skate industry. Nine Club may be pretty meh, but all the main guys (Kelly, Jeron, Roger, Chris) had well established careers in skateboarding for many years before that.

Oh yes - Nike cut everyone in Canada without notice, so did Cons. Just one example.

pizzafliptofakie

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1398 on: October 12, 2021, 11:09:39 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
great episode

[close]
[close]

[close]
[close]

Tricks all came easy

[close]

[close]

Fuck eS. Worst company.
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

He was a youtuber?! I just remember him from Expedition. Or are you referring to The Nine Club? When I think "youtuber", I think of people who film themselves talking to the camera non-stop that never had a name/connection to the real skate industry. Nine Club may be pretty meh, but all the main guys (Kelly, Jeron, Roger, Chris) had well established careers in skateboarding for many years before that.

I'm referring to the Nine Club. It may not be vlogging, but it's a YouTube show that seems to occupy most of their collective time so idk how else to refer to them.

I'm not saying it's necessarily fair it turned out this way but Kelly's role as a conventional skater always seemed to come at a compromise. He never got on eS until he waited everyone out so he could put himself on. Expedition didn't give him a board until he was like 30 and it was as they were dissolving and kicking the rest of their team off. Regardless, his involvement with eS comes off as a vanity project so he can pretend he was in Menikmati and that sucks.

rawbertson.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 677
  • yo yo, yo yo yo yo
    • my youtube avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #1399 on: October 12, 2021, 11:11:42 AM »
last year i bought es accel and was juiced on the entire program
after all said and done, fuck es honestly

the shoes suck fucken dick, blew out the laces 3 times and had to shoe goo the sides. cant feel shit through these rubber bricks. like having a ziploc freezer bag around your dick as a condom.

tj rogers talking about how nike did him dirty. plan b did scotty decenzo dirty.
bro es did MAD PEOPLE DIRTY.

if the shoes were decent i would fuck with them but they give me zero reason to fuck with them really at this point in time other than i am a huge penny stan. they dont need my airplay none of these companies do and they are not going to kick back jack shit to anyones community

BugleBites

« Reply #1400 on: October 12, 2021, 11:33:47 AM »
last year i bought es accel and was juiced on the entire program
after all said and done, fuck es honestly

the shoes suck fucken dick, blew out the laces 3 times and had to shoe goo the sides. cant feel shit through these rubber bricks. like having a ziploc freezer bag around your dick as a condom.

tj rogers talking about how nike did him dirty. plan b did scotty decenzo dirty.

if the shoes were decent i would fuck with them but they give me zero reason to fuck with them really at this point in time other than i am a huge penny stan. they dont need my airplay none of these companies do and they are not going to kick back jack shit to anyones community

Edit: I just deleted everything I wrote in favor of this - you don't know frontside from backside. Nothing you say holds weight.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2021, 01:03:03 PM by BugleBites »

pizzafliptofakie

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1401 on: October 12, 2021, 11:42:28 AM »

That's another thing: while the experiences he mentioned were unfortunate, they're not at all foul play. Sounds like Nike was pretty straight with TJ even though they didn't really owe him anything. Meanwhile Kelly straight up admitted that eS wasn't gonna put TJ on until he put out more footage in their shoes than the entire team combined.

Before their hiatus eS was one of my favorite companies. Their team was diverse and tasteful without any real gimmicks to their shoes in their later years. Bobby Worrest, Manderson, McCrank, Silas, Ben Raemers, etc. I was so bummed when they "canned" their program, but I couldn't shake the bad taste outta my mouth when they returned less than a year later.

somedudefromnj

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1402 on: October 13, 2021, 12:12:58 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

That's another thing: while the experiences he mentioned were unfortunate, they're not at all foul play. Sounds like Nike was pretty straight with TJ even though they didn't really owe him anything. Meanwhile Kelly straight up admitted that eS wasn't gonna put TJ on until he put out more footage in their shoes than the entire team combined.

Before their hiatus eS was one of my favorite companies. Their team was diverse and tasteful without any real gimmicks to their shoes in their later years. Bobby Worrest, Manderson, McCrank, Silas, Ben Raemers, etc. I was so bummed when they "canned" their program, but I couldn't shake the bad taste outta my mouth when they returned less than a year later.

i know my little hundred bucks in sales here and there wouldnt mean shit but this is exactly why I will never buy a pair again.

unless they tried putting everyone back on

super random but does anyone know where i can find that old eS Oregon edit? I think Ray Barbee may have done the song for some reason

Chris

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rep: 12

RichardBarkley

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -761
« Reply #1404 on: October 13, 2021, 03:16:21 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

It's obvious you don't like Es. You've said it pretty frequently. But don't even dare try and compare their wrongdoings to the likes of Nike. Nike have fucked way more people off, way harder. Not just skaters.. tms, account managers, marketing, interns. If your that upset by Es behavior. Then surely you must be appalled by Nike. 
I want to fight you so badly richard
Please give me your address ill make it my life goal to punsh your face in

ricky bobby

« Reply #1405 on: October 13, 2021, 03:22:06 PM »
Damn having Massimo on is truly giving the people what they want. Miss seeing footage from that dude.

bongboarder420

• Rep: 60
« Reply #1406 on: October 13, 2021, 03:26:20 PM »

, but I couldn't shake the bad taste outta my mouth when they returned less than a year later.

es went out of business in 2011, and came back in 2014

DCLOVE

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -482
« Reply #1407 on: October 13, 2021, 08:42:49 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

i know my little hundred bucks in sales here and there wouldnt mean shit but this is exactly why I will never buy a pair again.

unless they tried putting everyone back on

super random but does anyone know where i can find that old eS Oregon edit? I think Ray Barbee may have done the song for some reason

I had it saved for years and just went to look and realized iTunes is gone now so I can't for the life of me find it now and IM PISSED. lotta great gems saved in those iTunes video podcasts gone for no reason
PINE 2009, 2010, 2011, 2020, PINE STILL MAKIN' MONEY.

pizzafliptofakie

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1408 on: October 14, 2021, 05:31:12 AM »
Expand Quote

, but I couldn't shake the bad taste outta my mouth when they returned less than a year later.
[close]

es went out of business in 2011, and came back in 2014

They announced they were going out of business in 2011 but didn't until mid 2012. It appears their first run of shoes back was early 2014, so a little over a year. My mistake.

Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

It's obvious you don't like Es. You've said it pretty frequently. But don't even dare try and compare their wrongdoings to the likes of Nike. Nike have fucked way more people off, way harder. Not just skaters.. tms, account managers, marketing, interns. If your that upset by Es behavior. Then surely you must be appalled by Nike.

Nike was brought up because the thing they were accused of being shady about was politely informing someone "we're probably not gonna put you on, but we'll give you free shoes if you want." I don't doubt for a moment that there's shady happenings within Nike's infrastructure but the big "sky is falling" thing people have been screaming about for like 20 years is that they'll abandon their skate program the second it isn't lucrative, and as far as I can see that has only happened with "sKaTeR oWnEd" companies. Yeah, Nike's probably kicked people off too, but I doubt they found out mid-trip via Instagram. And they definitely never made a big media stink about it and how they're the victims. 

And for what it's worth, I've never purchased a pair of Nikes in my life.

(ps: sorry to everyone for sorta derailing this thread. But I'll never pass an opportunity to dunk on eS Footwear. I didn't think that was an unpopular opinion. Did y'all listen to the Massimo episode? it was really funny)

Madam, I'm Adam

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1373
« Reply #1409 on: October 14, 2021, 06:54:01 AM »
Massimo Ep.

http://m.soundcloud.com/thebuntlive/the-bunt-ft-massimo-cavedoni-s14-episode-08-i-got-that-golf-bug

I'm glad they talked about his Blind ad, I remember it vividly. I was a huge fan of early 2000s Blind as a kid, and that ad was so weird to me. I had absolutely no idea who Massimo was, and I was hyped that Blind was adding new riders. The trick was ridiculous and yeah, as Massimo said, his feet were pretty close together haha. It was definitely a huge switch tre.

And then any mention of him disappeared after that ad. Really random and bizarre.

...He could've been more polite toward Erica, though.