Author Topic: the Bunt is back  (Read 309045 times)

tom, heelbite and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Shitbag

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 161
  • A mystery wrapped inside a Twinkie
Re: the Bunt is back
« Reply #2070 on: December 07, 2022, 03:41:24 PM »
Dude this guy is the most fried person they’ve ever interviewed by far.

Such a good skater and so many years ahead of him but listening to him talk was painful for the most part.
Can
Like, like, like, I don’t know like he like said like wayyyyyy more than Dashawn said FAX on the Nine Club and that’s a shit ton.

I know he’s only 19 but I had no idea how fried he is, he even says it himself multiple times as if the mere listening to him speak in this interview didn’t drive it home enough.

I love The Bunt and I’ll listen to pretty much anyone even guys I’m not into but this shit was tough to listen to.

DCLOVE

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -484
« Reply #2071 on: December 07, 2022, 04:19:28 PM »
Expand Quote
kader is so fried man. voice sounds like lil wayne
[close]
all the lighter flicks in the background give me No Ceilings vibes

love that he subtly hints at KB and K. Rod coastin and no putting out footage when talking about Supreme vs Baker trips

Big talk from dude whose Career has turned out mediocre as hell. Remember when we were like he put out a part finally he’s gonna ham this year and then just had like 6 meh clips in the supreme video. Dudes coasting just as hard . He’ll quit Skating by 23 to be a rapper / clothing designer guaranteed

Edit saw someone say he’s stacking , why the fuck wouldn’t you put it out in the supreme video and actually shine compared to like 60% abds and bills weird child fetish .  .
PINE 2009, 2010, 2011, 2020, PINE STILL MAKIN' MONEY.

DannyDee

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 247
« Reply #2072 on: December 07, 2022, 04:21:06 PM »

Such a good skater and so many years ahead of him but listening to him talk was painful for the most part.
Can
Like, like, like, I don’t know like he like said like wayyyyyy more than Dashawn said FAX on the Nine Club and that’s a shit ton.

I know he’s only 19 but I had no idea how fried he is, he even says it himself multiple times as if the mere listening to him speak in this interview didn’t drive it home enough.

I love The Bunt and I’ll listen to pretty much anyone even guys I’m not into but this shit was tough to listen to.
I haven't listened to this, but I'll be impressed if he's more fried than Nick Trapasso who they also interviewed. Even, more than Wes would be too.

DCLOVE

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -484
« Reply #2073 on: December 07, 2022, 04:29:36 PM »
Expand Quote

Can

[close]
I haven't listened to this, but I'll be impressed if he's more fried than Nick Trapasso who they also interviewed. Even, more than Wes would be too.

Nick was less fried than Wes but just the clip they posted on ig was Wes turned up to 17 it’s a minute clip and he says like 32 times
PINE 2009, 2010, 2011, 2020, PINE STILL MAKIN' MONEY.

treeebark

• Rep: 11
« Reply #2074 on: December 07, 2022, 04:35:48 PM »
that shit had me crackin up. yah he's super fried, but he's 19 he'll figure it out — even mentioned wanting to quit which is already more self aware than some at that age. hopefully we see a whole part out of him soon, love watching him skate.

versacekid420

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1196
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #2075 on: December 07, 2022, 05:01:43 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
kader is so fried man. voice sounds like lil wayne
[close]
all the lighter flicks in the background give me No Ceilings vibes

love that he subtly hints at KB and K. Rod coastin and no putting out footage when talking about Supreme vs Baker trips
[close]

Big talk from dude whose Career has turned out mediocre as hell. Remember when we were like he put out a part finally he’s gonna ham this year and then just had like 6 meh clips in the supreme video. Dudes coasting just as hard . He’ll quit Skating by 23 to be a rapper / clothing designer guaranteed

Edit saw someone say he’s stacking , why the fuck wouldn’t you put it out in the supreme video and actually shine compared to like 60% abds and bills weird child fetish .  .
rapper?

Nosferatu

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 684
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #2076 on: December 07, 2022, 08:50:12 PM »
kader sending a bald pic to strobeck saying he's the "black ben kadow" had me dying lmaoooo

He had me laughing out loud a lot. So fried but pretty funny. “How you gonna have this face in the background?” I’m not even that big on Kaders skating but this got me stoked.
I thought it wasnt just him solo, shouldve stuck with my og thought.
R.I.P Rusty. One of us.

shouldn't

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 74
« Reply #2077 on: December 07, 2022, 11:11:23 PM »
tired of 19 year olds being called “fried”. dude has been smoking weed for maybe 3 years. he’s not fried, he’s a stoner teenager with a very limited vocabulary.

imagine fucking the dog shit outta chris roberts

mclovin1336

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 75
« Reply #2078 on: December 08, 2022, 12:22:52 AM »
haha, that episode was a lot of fun again. laughed multiple times, especially in the rapid fire segment. I could imagine that dustin can be insufferable at times, stoked that kader's confident enough to slighlty address that.

I think that he's still very young was evident for me when he said he wanted to go into acting, that seems like a typical (slightly delusional) answer by teens when asked what they wanna do with their lives and still not being motivated by the "art" but the money and biased by the presentation of the top one percent of actors. most actors and actresses dont make a lot of money, on the contrary.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2022, 05:34:02 AM by mclovin1336 »

Paul Cicero

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -302
« Reply #2079 on: December 08, 2022, 02:00:43 AM »
Im a big fan of his skating, but I honestly felt a little sorry for him listening to how fried he was/is, I couldn’t really understand a heap of what he was saying to be honest. I realise he’s just a kid, but he honestly made Nick Trapasso sound like brain surgeon.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2022, 02:20:35 AM by Paul Cicero »

rocklobster

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1925
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #2080 on: December 08, 2022, 05:04:47 AM »
Don't know if I can bring myself to listen to the Kader episode but I'll try.

The Shimizu one was decent, wish they went into post Foundation stories a bit more, more Ethan Fowler stories would have been great. Him working the FA warehouse was pretty funny, hope he ends up at a good brand / distributor. Him talking about the shoe lace head band as a bunt was hilarious.

Half way through the Nick Boserio one and its a banger, such a good story teller. Hearing stories of JT bean counting during the tours and trying to trick the hotel staff by answering the door naked after the fireworks in the room had me laughing hard.
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
STANDARD - 1.88” - 47.75mm
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

5.0 ,5.2, 5.6, 5.8 & 6.1 HI
STANDARD - 2.09” - 53.09mm
FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

Cuban_Lynx

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1430
  • I got the internet goin' nuts
« Reply #2081 on: December 08, 2022, 05:31:21 AM »
Ooof, I hope Kader doesn't smoke his brains out. This isn't normal teenager fried, this is child star fried and usually has a sad ending. I could only make it through the rapid fire, which was inaudible at times but hilarious.

JoseCansnake0

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Rep: -33
« Reply #2082 on: December 08, 2022, 05:55:43 AM »
Ooof, I hope Kader doesn't smoke his brains out. This isn't normal teenager fried, this is child star fried and usually has a sad ending. I could only make it through the rapid fire, which was inaudible at times but hilarious.

Agreed. Kinda sad actually. I haven't made it to the rapid fire yet, as its been a very hard listen. Also, odd to hear him kinda throw Reynolds and the Baker crew under the bus. doesn't seem very humble, the bunt boys complimented him numerous times, and he didn't acknowledge their praise once (yet to hear).

Kids got skills on a skateboard no doubt, but as he said, he needs to get something going in the next 3 years, or he'll be dust in the wind of skateboarding.

kook1234

• Rep: 128
« Reply #2083 on: December 08, 2022, 06:09:43 AM »
im going to assume kader isnt fried as much as he was never cooking with a whole egg to begin with.  Didnt he say in an interview a year or two back that hes being home schooled *nudge nudge, wink wink* ?  Like his mom was doing his homework for him so he could skate?

pizzafliptofakie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1958
« Reply #2084 on: December 08, 2022, 06:27:13 AM »
im going to assume kader isnt fried as much as he was never cooking with a whole egg to begin with.  Didnt he say in an interview a year or two back that hes being home schooled *nudge nudge, wink wink* ?  Like his mom was doing his homework for him so he could skate?

As opposed to all the other honest scholars that make up professional skateboarding?

IpathCats

« Reply #2085 on: December 08, 2022, 06:38:04 AM »
Im a big fan of his skating, but I honestly felt a little sorry for him listening to how fried he was/is, I couldn’t really understand a heap of what he was saying to be honest. I realise he’s just a kid, but he honestly made Nick Trapasso sound like brain surgeon.

BOOM! Roasted!

Kombuch-A-Holic

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 125
« Reply #2086 on: December 08, 2022, 07:02:52 AM »
Kader interview put me in a mood for sure. He doesn't seem grateful at all. Very talented indeed on the board tho. If you want rapper money go be a rapper.  We all know what happens when you want to be a rapper on Baker.  :o  He came off as very entitled to say the least.

notinternetfamous

• Rep: 309
  • Watch PURGATORY - the Sproul video
« Reply #2087 on: December 08, 2022, 08:48:48 AM »
kader sending a bald pic to strobeck saying he's the "black ben kadow" had me dying lmaoooo

LebowskisRug

« Reply #2088 on: December 08, 2022, 09:04:05 AM »
How did he threw the Baker crew under the bus? He said he loved but also hated Dustin (common sentiment it seems) and that Supreme trips were more professional in that they're really anal about riders getting clips. That's hardly like "wow this brand is run like shit by a bunch of kooks".

JoseCansnake0

« Reply #2089 on: December 08, 2022, 10:15:42 AM »
How did he threw the Baker crew under the bus? He said he loved but also hated Dustin (common sentiment it seems) and that Supreme trips were more professional in that they're really anal about riders getting clips. That's hardly like "wow this brand is run like shit by a bunch of kooks".

Baker obviously isn't run by a bunch of kooks, they've stood the test of time and are still thriving.

In the beginning of the interview, he called Andrew and "old ass motherfucker", and when comparing the supreme vs Baker road trips, he said something along the lines of "fuck them, go do your little shit bitch", meaning the baker team vibe/production.

I get it, lots of slang these days, and everything isn't meant to be taken literally, but it's an interview, gotta be careful what you say, and how you say it.

JUST SAYING :)

gumsole

• Rep: 22
« Reply #2090 on: December 08, 2022, 12:27:23 PM »
Somewhere around 1:19:40 Kader rips one

hahahaha holy shit "dustin dollin is the devil! .... rips a quick pooot"

CurbyPuckit

• Rep: -39
« Reply #2091 on: December 08, 2022, 12:32:35 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Baker obviously isn't run by a bunch of kooks, they've stood the test of time and are still thriving.

In the beginning of the interview, he called Andrew and "old ass motherfucker", and when comparing the supreme vs Baker road trips, he said something along the lines of "fuck them, go do your little shit bitch", meaning the baker team vibe/production.

I get it, lots of slang these days, and everything isn't meant to be taken literally, but it's an interview, gotta be careful what you say, and how you say it.

If you don’t get him calling drew an “old ass motherfucker” as a joke and some love slang in his terms, then I’m worried about what else you took seriously from this interview.

JoseCansnake0

« Reply #2092 on: December 09, 2022, 06:05:50 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

If you don’t get him calling drew an “old ass motherfucker” as a joke and some love slang in his terms, then I’m worried about what else you took seriously from this interview.

Don't be worried bud, the whole thing was fried from the get go

scab

• Rep: 200
« Reply #2093 on: December 09, 2022, 08:23:46 AM »
I'm legit wondering how sheltered some of y'all's lives are if you think this 19 year old with a lucrative career in skating is "the most fried person ever" because he smokes too much weed and has some rather simplistic points of view. Kader's gonna be alright.

Coastal Fever

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 509
« Reply #2094 on: December 09, 2022, 09:00:36 AM »
He makes Drakeo The Ruler sound like an auctioneer.

modern life is war

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -618
« Reply #2095 on: December 09, 2022, 09:07:43 AM »
Just catching up on the new ones now and Nick Boserio's episode was amazing, probably one of my favorites yet.

I'm legit wondering how sheltered some of y'all's lives are if you think this 19 year old with a lucrative career in skating is "the most fried person ever" because he smokes too much weed and has some rather simplistic points of view. Kader's gonna be alright.

Sure, he's not like crystal meth fried but he's probably about as fried as you can get for a 19 year old who smokes weed. If he doesn't stop it will just get worse too. I could only stomach like 30 mins of his episode before i had to turn it off, I could barely hear him talk anyway
You’re a Florida native, aren’t you?

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1578
« Reply #2096 on: December 09, 2022, 09:32:39 AM »
I suspect they have a backlog of guys but I’d like to see a couple random Canadians or lesser known dudes they’ve met in their travels. 

scab

• Rep: 200
« Reply #2097 on: December 09, 2022, 09:44:16 AM »
Just catching up on the new ones now and Nick Boserio's episode was amazing, probably one of my favorites yet.

Expand Quote
[close]

Sure, he's not like crystal meth fried but he's probably about as fried as you can get for a 19 year old who smokes weed. If he doesn't stop it will just get worse too. I could only stomach like 30 mins of his episode before i had to turn it off, I could barely hear him talk anyway

I'm old, so I might just not know what fried means in this day and age, but I thought it meant "smoking so much weed you can't get anything done". Kader is a top pro with a very successful signature shoe at 19 years old, so he obviously gets shit done. What he does might differ a lot from what you or me need to do at our jobs, but it seems to work just fine for him. He might be a major stoner, but he's a productive one.

VHS ERA

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 211
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #2098 on: December 09, 2022, 10:35:49 AM »
Legendary interview and skater. Funny as fuck.  I’m not too worried about a stoned 19-year-old but yeah he probably should tone it down if his instincts are telling him to.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2022, 04:18:07 PM by VHS ERA »

conan777

• Rep: -53
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #2099 on: December 09, 2022, 01:01:45 PM »
I hope he's being wise with his money. A skate career can end at any point no matter how popular you are and he doesn't seem sharp enough to do anything else