Author Topic: the Bunt is back  (Read 300413 times)

DCLOVE

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -480
Re: the Bunt is back
« Reply #2280 on: May 09, 2023, 05:16:35 PM »
Expand Quote
Seemed kind of out of character for them to move on so quickly after Manchild was brought up again.

Manchild season finale confirmed?
[close]
I know in the Vincent Alvarez episode, he  tried calling them out on talking about Manchild so I thought they were maybe trying to avoid more of his homies trying to defend him again or something related

Didn’t they drag the shit out of manchild after he was being a drunken douche at some contest they judged a few years back. Like he caused a whole ass scene and was interrupting peoples runs. I think that was them.
PINE 2009, 2010, 2011, 2020, PINE STILL MAKIN' MONEY.

Dark Knight

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 362
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #2281 on: May 09, 2023, 05:30:07 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Seemed kind of out of character for them to move on so quickly after Manchild was brought up again.

[close]
I know in the Vincent Alvarez episode, he  tried calling them out on talking about Manchild so I thought they were maybe trying to avoid more of his homies trying to defend him again or something related
[close]

Didn’t they drag the shit out of manchild after he was being a drunken douche at some contest they judged a few years back. Like he caused a whole ass scene and was interrupting peoples runs. I think that was them.

Yeah, it was them

ToySanta

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 106
« Reply #2282 on: May 09, 2023, 06:15:28 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]

They handled it really well in the moment. From what I recall Cephas owned up to calling Manchild a kook, but saying his skating got improved. And Vincent kept saying “he’s still growing up, we all are,” and nervous laughing. Also, I don’t think Vincent was properly informed on what went down initially, and if you can’t own that your friend is a drunken asshole no one wants around then that’s on you.. worth a listen, it’s the tail end of the interview.

ToySanta

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 106
« Reply #2283 on: May 09, 2023, 06:16:09 PM »
Anyway, major stoke to hear from REESE FORBES. One of skatings finest.

Allen.

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 695
    • Cigarettes for Cardio avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #2284 on: May 09, 2023, 06:53:09 PM »
Yeah if we ignore manchild he will eventually go away

Decades ago I had an associate of Latino descent who called him Reese Forbés
For someone w.no signature ur awfully hostile, & that is why I do this

mclovin1336

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 75
« Reply #2285 on: May 09, 2023, 11:57:02 PM »
the recent forbes episode is not on spotify yet, is it?

Pappy Jones

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 152
« Reply #2286 on: May 10, 2023, 12:30:00 AM »
the recent forbes episode is not on spotify yet, is it?
Not yet. They come out every Wednesday, sometime in the morning.

Huell Howser

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 248
« Reply #2287 on: May 10, 2023, 11:27:37 AM »
Still hopin we get a gifted hater ep this season but only time will tell

DannyDee

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 247
« Reply #2288 on: May 10, 2023, 03:34:50 PM »
Enjoyed the Reese interview, and hopefully they get some more Eastern Exposure 3 guys like Jahmal Williams. Such an iconic video. This interivew got me to rewatch the Hjalte/Bobby Worrest part and it's so sick they used Reese's song from EE3 for the final section with a ton of Reese clips.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f-0EpkuWr5g&

Shrinedescender

• Rep: 140
« Reply #2289 on: May 10, 2023, 04:11:47 PM »

switchfakie

« Reply #2290 on: May 10, 2023, 06:22:45 PM »

i think having gifted hater on would devalue the pod

Paul Cicero

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -311
« Reply #2291 on: May 10, 2023, 06:37:05 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

They had Gary Rogers on, GH is a large step above

dallou

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 148
    • Music avatar image
« Reply #2292 on: May 11, 2023, 04:31:48 AM »
I feel like we get enough gifted hater stuff these days

Bhaktih

• Rep: -18
« Reply #2293 on: May 11, 2023, 07:20:35 AM »
Reese ep was a sleeper hit, he has some good stories and doesn’t seem too fried, but whatever he was doing at home and the constant tapping and pounding was mad annoying.

I dislike when the rapid fire “worst style/worst teammate” questions comes up and people say themselves. Like just roast a friend cmon it’s not too serious. Did enjoy the behind the scenes editing comments.

Should’ve asked some Jake Johnson questions the people want to know Reese’s experience with the god

Candied cigarettes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 231
« Reply #2294 on: May 11, 2023, 07:36:08 AM »
Said it before and i will again- the post office has been poppin recently, so funny. The rapid fire behind the scenes was so good

Mitch Brenner

• Rep: -14
« Reply #2295 on: May 11, 2023, 08:24:25 AM »
Was a little let down by the episode cause I'm a big Reese fan, but one thing I took away is just how stacked Rasa Libre's team was. Didn't realize they had Jack Sabback as well, glad I bought a board way back when but wish I had one for the wall.

DannyDee

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 247
« Reply #2296 on: May 11, 2023, 12:37:33 PM »
Was a little let down by the episode cause I'm a big Reese fan, but one thing I took away is just how stacked Rasa Libre's team was. Didn't realize they had Jack Sabback as well, glad I bought a board way back when but wish I had one for the wall.
And he didn't even mention that Cromer was flow for them, and only got moved to Krooked when it folded.

Fartknocker415

• Rep: -45
« Reply #2297 on: May 11, 2023, 07:29:32 PM »
Reese is like listening to music and shit dude go to a ducking quiet room for gods sakes it is so fuckign annoying

jakeumms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1277
  • Runnin through the house with a pickle in my mouth
« Reply #2298 on: May 11, 2023, 07:31:30 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
And he didn't even mention that Cromer was flow for them, and only got moved to Krooked when it folded.
Feels like this is the same story for how Ryan Lay wound up as a Krooked am?
them cats are out getting mashed up to jungle, he's out mashing up jungle cats. it's just not gonna work.

Fartknocker415

« Reply #2299 on: May 11, 2023, 08:05:07 PM »
Imagine going from Nike to quicksilver sheesh. He got mad at that question. Lmao

planman

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 371
  • Morpheus drinking a 40 in a death basket
« Reply #2300 on: May 11, 2023, 11:25:08 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

They had Gary Rogers on, GH is a large step above
Very hard disagree but man that Gary Rogers episode is probably the most underwhelming ep in their entire catalog. Either him for Ryan Smith for sure.

I saw your mom do a ollie to cooch drop straight down the big black pole, it was gnarly. she defiantly shut that shit down

The Mexican Nancy Chin

• Rep: 112
« Reply #2301 on: May 11, 2023, 11:48:57 PM »
Yeah if we ignore manchild he will eventually go away

Decades ago I had an associate of Latino descent who called him Reese Forbés
Ha. Reminds me of how Americans find it funny when I pronounce Rowan Zorilla, Rowan So-rree-juh instead of Zuh-ri-luh. Just realized I had always read it as Zorrilla with 2 r's instead of 1, so I had assumed it was a Spanish name
« Last Edit: May 12, 2023, 12:18:41 AM by The Mexican Nancy Chin »

in love w/ fs shuvs

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 110
« Reply #2302 on: May 12, 2023, 01:28:44 AM »
Was that Reese Forbes who did the kicky back 50 nollie out -front tail - back crook in candyland at emb? He looked super young, might have been someone else.

Last i heard, he was gonna manage the Supreme SF store. (Yeah i know that was a long time ago, I'm not too in the loop these days.) Did they ask him about that?
« Last Edit: May 12, 2023, 02:46:49 AM by in love w/ fs shuvs »

Fartknocker415

« Reply #2303 on: May 12, 2023, 09:58:58 AM »
Fav local skater - gx1000 made me laugh. You’re gonna shout out prooflab and then can’t shout out a marin skater ? Can’t shout out a Pulaski local? Shout out the transplants who move across the country to skate sf tho they’re def “locals”.

jakeumms

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2304 on: May 12, 2023, 01:27:28 PM »
Was that Reese Forbes who did the kicky back 50 nollie out -front tail - back crook in candyland at emb? He looked super young, might have been someone else.

Last i heard, he was gonna manage the Supreme SF store. (Yeah i know that was a long time ago, I'm not too in the loop these days.) Did they ask him about that?
Might be a sore subject. The story goes that he spilled beans that Supreme didn't want spilled on that Nine Club ep and lost the gig
them cats are out getting mashed up to jungle, he's out mashing up jungle cats. it's just not gonna work.

YMCMB

• Rep: 50
« Reply #2305 on: May 12, 2023, 01:43:30 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]
Might be a sore subject. The story goes that he spilled beans that Supreme didn't want spilled on that Nine Club ep and lost the gig
What beans?

jgonzalez

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 752
  • no not never. looser.
    • JGonz4ever avatar image
« Reply #2306 on: May 12, 2023, 01:50:12 PM »
Fav local skater - gx1000 made me laugh. You’re gonna shout out prooflab and then can’t shout out a marin skater ? Can’t shout out a Pulaski local? Shout out the transplants who move across the country to skate sf tho they’re def “locals”.

Lol been thinking about how nico duffer is at least an sf local. lil dre too. Does it irk you to see GX dudes wearing SF hats and tees? City has always been transplants it seems. Fools camped out to pan for gold and so on. Different waves of techies. Flower kids.  Oh well it’s fun to talk shit anyway.

Nike to quik hahah. That was a move because he got bumped from SB right. Funny to think even just being flow and in the SB orbit would have been better. Can’t blame him for wanting to forget about ever having quicksilver shoes on his feet. What happened to Reese and supreme. Thought he was managing the sf store or something. Could have used a Dylan story also. Or Omar. This episode wasn’t a total bunthole burner but was still good.

I like that they don’t shy away from admitting they check SLAP. All other podcasts and internet media are too pyoose to admit it.

Edit, yah saw ur asking about the store too. Also
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]
What beans?

nothing's been the since same

jakeumms

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2307 on: May 12, 2023, 01:55:37 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]
What beans?
He announced the SF store that everyone knew was happening on an what is basically a skate news source before whoever at Supreme was ready to make the announcement. It didn't seem fair but that is how I heard it went down

schralp pal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 255
« Reply #2308 on: May 12, 2023, 02:10:41 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]
What beans?
[close]
He announced the SF store that everyone knew was happening on an what is basically a skate news source before whoever at Supreme was ready to make the announcement. It didn't seem fair but that is how I heard it went down

Probably for the best because now he sells 20 million dollar homes in Marin, and I'm not sure anybody actually goes to the Supreme SF store.

I too would have loved an Omar story, the bunt dudes always seem a little tentative around actual OGs but they loosened up a bit during rapid fire.

jgonzalez

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 752
  • no not never. looser.
    • JGonz4ever avatar image
« Reply #2309 on: May 12, 2023, 04:23:26 PM »
True check out his linked in photo now that’s a dilf you can trust.

Otherwise he would be selling chonis to annoying early 20 somethings and posers in retail hell during the hollowed shell that is now downtown sf

nothing's been the since same