Author Topic: the Bunt is back  (Read 299918 times)

pizzafliptofakie

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1963
Re: the Bunt is back
« Reply #690 on: November 13, 2020, 05:15:37 AM »

quadcuff

• Rep: -5
« Reply #691 on: November 13, 2020, 08:10:50 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
crailcamp doesn't exactly take criticism too well....remember brandon biblel?
[close]

i just remember some really mob nollie flips, what'd he say though?
[close]

Ha recorded his homie beating the shit out of a clearly mentally unstable person of color, then posted it on ig.

oof, does beibel even have a board anymore? does he even skate anymore? what prompted the no more skating i wonder?

dannyprovolone

« Reply #692 on: November 13, 2020, 08:28:13 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Ha recorded his homie beating the shit out of a clearly mentally unstable person of color, then posted it on ig.
[close]

oof, does beibel even have a board anymore? does he even skate anymore? what prompted the no more skating i wonder?

a steady diet of chicken fingers and vibes

quadcuff

« Reply #693 on: November 13, 2020, 08:29:25 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

a steady diet of chicken fingers and vibes

i used to love it when he'd get super fucked up and put weird shit with girls on his instagram

Mantracker

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 160
« Reply #694 on: November 13, 2020, 09:56:17 AM »
Finally got to the Manchild part in Vince's episode at the end and I was expecting a lot worse. I went though the whole episode waiting for the cringiest moment and instead I heard 3 grown men hashing it out like grown men do. Lots of positivity in a conversation about a negative moment. Respect to Vincent for defending his teammate but even more respect to the Bunt gang on how they handled that interaction and didn't back down.

Chatbot

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 72
« Reply #695 on: November 13, 2020, 12:40:45 PM »
Just listened to the Ryan Smith episode.. some good insight but sucks to hear about what was going on at the time.

I actually lol'd at, "Mystery sucked so fucking bad it didn't even have color"

sharkbarf

• Rep: 1
« Reply #696 on: November 13, 2020, 09:33:49 PM »
Finally got to the Manchild part in Vince's episode at the end and I was expecting a lot worse. I went though the whole episode waiting for the cringiest moment and instead I heard 3 grown men hashing it out like grown men do. Lots of positivity in a conversation about a negative moment. Respect to Vincent for defending his teammate but even more respect to the Bunt gang on how they handled that interaction and didn't back down.

Ok Eldy

Grind King Rims

« Reply #697 on: November 14, 2020, 10:44:15 AM »
Imagine saying "He's still growing up" about a 24 year old man. Jesus H Christ.

Mantracker

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 160
« Reply #698 on: November 14, 2020, 11:41:11 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Ok Eldy

Thanks sinner

RichardBarkley

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -770
« Reply #699 on: November 14, 2020, 01:02:12 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

Ok Eldy
[close]

Thanks sinner

Ouch burn
I want to fight you so badly richard
Please give me your address ill make it my life goal to punsh your face in

Fongstarr.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 311
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #700 on: November 14, 2020, 01:39:02 PM »

I am 39 and there are a ton of people from my high school that still need to grow up. But they were way worse at age 24. To give man child credit, he does need growing up but also take responsibility when you act like a dick. He can’t wonder why people hate him.
I'll fuckin
I'll fuckin
sew your asshole closed, and keep feedin you
and feedin you, and feedin you, and feedin you!

everythingisgreat

• Rep: -130
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #701 on: November 14, 2020, 07:43:27 PM »

Was still funny though, and honestly manchild should be the most embarrassed, Vincent should have kept it out of his episode.

Big fan of the bunt after that tho

Maccat

• Rep: 78
« Reply #702 on: November 15, 2020, 02:34:18 AM »
The point about Gustavo and the price it costs to just get there, and to place makes it hard to feel bad for someone trashing runs. Some put the chips down on dreams.

Side note back in the day if you did something dumb, you got handled, slightly embarrassed and left a bit more thoughtful to how you affect others. Skating needs more of that and less of the check the tape, sponsors, crew mentality.

Get defending your bud, but you got 3 dudes talking about some other dudes dumbassness, with accounts you can’t speak to. That’s a recipe for cringe.

All in all, cool ep. Vince rips.

Sila

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 315
  • Jamu Gost
« Reply #703 on: November 15, 2020, 02:41:38 AM »

Mate at 24 most people are definitely still kids.

Grind King Rims

« Reply #704 on: November 15, 2020, 04:18:20 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Mate at 24 most people are definitely still kids.

I don't expect 24 year olds to have their lives together, I certainly didn't, but to me saying, "He's still growing up" is something you'd say about a 17 year old, not someone who's physically fully grown with a career. I guess it's the phrasing I take umbrage with, not necessarily the sentiment. Vincent meant it in his defense, but I found it a bit condescending.

johnes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -237
« Reply #705 on: November 15, 2020, 04:30:10 AM »
The male brain isn’t done developing until age 25.
Good judgment isn't something they can excel in, at least not yet. The rational part of a teen's brain isn't fully developed and won't be until age 25 or so. In fact, recent research has found that adult and teen brains work differently. Adults think with the prefrontal cortex, the brain's rational part
I’m a fat Siamese cat.

pile

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 177
  • sweet, man.
« Reply #706 on: November 15, 2020, 10:02:55 AM »
i definitely thought they were going to ask vincent about the events that led to a canadian chocolate flow rider quitting the flow team after meeting them on a chocolate/girl canada tour a few years back.

i don’t know the details at all but apparently it led to a few of the girl/chocolate guys being denied entry to the dime contest for treating said flow rider poorly. seems like some great juicy gossip that us message board folk would have loved.

RichardBarkley

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -770
« Reply #707 on: November 15, 2020, 10:04:33 AM »
i definitely thought they were going to ask vincent about the events that led to a canadian chocolate flow rider quitting the flow team after meeting them on a chocolate/girl canada tour a few years back.

i don’t know the details at all but apparently it led to a few of the girl/chocolate guys being denied entry to the dime contest for treating said flow rider poorly. seems like some great juicy gossip that us message board folk would have loved.

That sounds super juicy
I want to fight you so badly richard
Please give me your address ill make it my life goal to punsh your face in

Paul Cicero

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -313
« Reply #708 on: November 16, 2020, 02:26:32 AM »

LOL, what a bunch of fucking children

Telly

• Rep: -150
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #709 on: November 16, 2020, 01:38:06 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
The male brain isn’t done developing until age 25.
Good judgment isn't something they can excel in, at least not yet. The rational part of a teen's brain isn't fully developed and won't be until age 25 or so. In fact, recent research has found that adult and teen brains work differently. Adults think with the prefrontal cortex, the brain's rational part

And that is if drugs and alcohol aren’t inhibiting it.  You know those kids who started drinking and puffing at 17 and haven’t stopped who act like they are emotionally 17?  That’s why, and that’s probably mankiddo

pugmaster

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1508
  • Overweight and Underprepared
« Reply #710 on: November 16, 2020, 02:58:30 PM »
Speaking of problematic behaviors,  I have been going back and listening to various episodes.  During the Pat Burke episode, he stated that Greg Myers was someone who sucked to go on a trip with and Cephas indicated that name came  up a lot.  How many other episodes was shade thrown (besides the Fred Gall episode)?
"...We got the nuclear worm over here..."

Never forget:
Rusty_Berrings, 360 frip, Yapple Dapple, Bubblegum Tate

Nosferatu

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 683
« Reply #711 on: November 16, 2020, 04:34:59 PM »
Speaking of problematic behaviors,  I have been going back and listening to various episodes.  During the Pat Burke episode, he stated that Greg Myers was someone who sucked to go on a trip with and Cephas indicated that name came  up a lot.  How many other episodes was shade thrown (besides the Fred Gall episode)?

The story of Greg Myers calling Matt Miller "Andy" is pretty funny at 18:00 in his episode. While trying to remember which episode that was in I heard Mikey Taylor said Greg Myers was his worst teammate ever at 47:50.
I thought it wasnt just him solo, shouldve stuck with my og thought.
R.I.P Rusty. One of us.

johnes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -237
« Reply #712 on: November 16, 2020, 04:39:36 PM »
Finally listened to it and the exchange about manchild at the end was Not nearly as awkward or uncomfortable as I was expecting from reading this thread.
I’m a fat Siamese cat.

quadcuff

« Reply #713 on: November 16, 2020, 06:56:05 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Ok Eldy

surprised you think eldy can form that coherent of a sentence

quadcuff

« Reply #714 on: November 16, 2020, 06:59:05 PM »

canadian chocolate flow rider, can't think of any

pugmaster

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1508
  • Overweight and Underprepared
« Reply #715 on: November 16, 2020, 07:54:31 PM »
Thanks Nosferatu!
"...We got the nuclear worm over here..."

Never forget:
Rusty_Berrings, 360 frip, Yapple Dapple, Bubblegum Tate

sexualhelon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 18
  • I'm an ardent supporter of futile causes.
    • Lurkaround avatar image

coldbrew

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 399
« Reply #717 on: November 18, 2020, 11:50:27 AM »
New Episode up with Ryan Decenzo - https://soundcloud.com/thebuntlive/the-bunt-ft-ryan-decenzo-s12-episode-08-this-covid-shit-is-really-fin-up-my-paul-machnauing

Ryan coming out swinging with the "that's why we need those darkstar Walmart boards in stock, I don't give a fuck what people say" within minutes of the episode starting is amazing. already stoked on this episode.

notmikerusczyk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 280
« Reply #718 on: November 18, 2020, 12:34:02 PM »
New Episode up with Ryan Decenzo - https://soundcloud.com/thebuntlive/the-bunt-ft-ryan-decenzo-s12-episode-08-this-covid-shit-is-really-fin-up-my-paul-machnauing
i know most people here dont fuck with him but i loved him shouting out his brother scott's vAMdalism part. watched that part a ton when it came out, he has pretty cool trick selection. i remember thinking that promo was gonna be the start of plan b becoming cool again, but clearly i was wrong

funeral_tuxedo

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1136
  • old and in the way
« Reply #719 on: November 18, 2020, 01:09:38 PM »
I really dug how thoughtful they were about setting Vincent straight regarding Manchild and the kook callout. Vincent is rad but clearly wanted to stick up for his boy no matter what logic and them explaining circumstances of the less fortunate like Felipe Gustavo's trip to Tampa Am and the privilege that Manchild doesn't comprehend was solid.
Rad to hear that Cory is getting out soon.