Author Topic: the Bunt is back  (Read 300263 times)

dmemz

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 26
Re: the Bunt is back
« Reply #600 on: November 03, 2020, 11:34:50 AM »
Yeah it’s pretty disturbing to mold kids and then throw them to the side once they’ve burned out or can’t skate as hard, especially with Jamie’s Christian lifestyle where he would preach to kids and shit, (411vm 50). As an alcoholic myself it’s difficult when you start so young, I can’t imagine going through the party stage in life as a skateboarder in the industry. Sounds like Ryan’s doing somewhat okay though hopefully he has good people around him with the board company

Nosferatu

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 684
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #601 on: November 03, 2020, 11:47:15 AM »
People complain about young burnouts getting thrown aside but everyone also complains about Crail and others keeping old dudes on the payroll.
I thought it wasnt just him solo, shouldve stuck with my og thought.
R.I.P Rusty. One of us.

bongboarder420

• Rep: 60
« Reply #602 on: November 03, 2020, 01:02:19 PM »

childhood

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 663
« Reply #603 on: November 03, 2020, 01:06:25 PM »
Oh hell yeah

coldbrew

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 399

CossRooper

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 139
  • What are you up to, drawing leafs?
    • timecube avatar image
« Reply #605 on: November 03, 2020, 08:02:30 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Ryan's not pulling any punches on JT. But he's also not wrong. Forcefully molding a young person's identity and actions for your personal benefit, while ensuring they're always intoxicated, then cutting them off once they're no longer of value. That sounds like exploitation and predatory behavior to me too.
[close]

THIS!

A lot of you keep saying you're hearing "tweaker vibes". I hear a person who doesn't get to talk a lot about his emotions at all and just ended up babbling on. I get that way sometimes. In my head its pretty stoic but then if I'm talking about something I'm passionate/bitter about. He's growing. He will find his peace. Wish him all the best and he's killin the park on his IG.
[close]
I mean this with no disrespect or malice: with everything he's dealt with, dude would really benefit from a therapist.

This. That was a tough listen but he doesn't seem like a bad dude. Sounds like his entire skateboard stint was a little out of [his] control and now he's sort of trying to figure it out and make peace. Hope he does.

childhood

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 663
« Reply #606 on: November 04, 2020, 07:01:23 AM »
"I was at Epstein's"

"Chase Gabor and I are really good friends"

:o

Massivebellend

• Rep: -14
« Reply #607 on: November 04, 2020, 07:23:10 AM »
It was a nice pallet cleanser after Ryan Smith last week. Equally rambled a lot but in a more productive way. Big lolz at the wenning bunt and called out the Lutzka. Also Donovan breezing over the bunt/9 club collab was pretty funny

coldbrew

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #608 on: November 04, 2020, 07:39:35 AM »
Only about halfway through this but kelly just seems like such a genuine dude who loves skateboarding and is super appreciative for everything. I've always enjoyed his nerding out on skateboarding but I just dig how much he loves the shit.

RichardBarkley

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -765
« Reply #609 on: November 04, 2020, 09:04:17 AM »
Only about halfway through this but kelly just seems like such a genuine dude who loves skateboarding and is super appreciative for everything. I've always enjoyed his nerding out on skateboarding but I just dig how much he loves the shit.

Amen

He hasn't lost that skate rat kid magic.
I want to fight you so badly richard
Please give me your address ill make it my life goal to punsh your face in

rejectpaul

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -49
  • No sense makes sense.
« Reply #610 on: November 04, 2020, 10:08:54 AM »
Kellys ep was amazing! I lold at kelly trying to get the on the show and their response being to get the sw flip manny changed to the fakie tre manny!
Good to hear things are looking up for mr Hart
Ty Evans doesn't do what Ty Evans does for Ty Evans. Ty Evans does what Ty Evans does because Ty Evans is... Ty Evans

Todd Falcon > Tony Hawk

Beeda Weeda

« Reply #611 on: November 04, 2020, 10:54:43 AM »
Kelly is a genuine dude and a ripper, he took their criticism about not pushing himself hard really well, super humble.   A true skate rat.
The story about Wenning was amazing.

Freelancevagrant

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1555
« Reply #612 on: November 04, 2020, 11:11:07 AM »
That was such a great episode. I fucking lost it at that wenning story holy shit.

Also getting a shout out was so sick, totally made my week. Bunt gang for fucking life!

Well I have like 9 Andy Anderson dated flight decks.

Dark Knight

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 363
« Reply #613 on: November 04, 2020, 11:30:38 AM »
Kelly’s such good dude. One of the dopest styles out, imo. Good to see him doing well.

Glurmpz

« Reply #614 on: November 04, 2020, 11:31:06 AM »
I fucking lost it at that wenning story holy shit.

Time stamp?

notmikerusczyk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 280
« Reply #615 on: November 04, 2020, 11:38:45 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Time stamp?
listen to the rapid fire and you'll hear it

Freelancevagrant

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1555
« Reply #616 on: November 04, 2020, 11:42:47 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Time stamp?

1:39:04 so funny

Well I have like 9 Andy Anderson dated flight decks.

Monkey_Mcpott

« Reply #617 on: November 04, 2020, 11:48:07 AM »
That was a fun listen. It was funny how he was kinda trying to take back his answer for the last question in the rapid fire haha

pizzafliptofakie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1962
« Reply #618 on: November 04, 2020, 11:54:46 AM »
That was a fun episode. Kelly seems like a nice guy and a good sport.

coldbrew

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #619 on: November 04, 2020, 12:15:24 PM »
Kelly is a genuine dude and a ripper, he took their criticism about not pushing himself hard really well, super humble.   A true skate rat.

I finally got to this point in the episode and honestly was unreal stoked to hear how he responded. I also love that they actually kinda grilled him a bit. This was arguably one of the best episodes they've done.

Madam, I'm Adam

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1359
« Reply #620 on: November 04, 2020, 06:31:25 PM »
"That was a Suriel moment for you, huh?"

Kelly's right about it being a good time for clothing companies. Butter Goods, Grand, Chrystie, Dime, Metropolitan, Poets (IMO), etc. are all putting out some quality.

CossRooper

• SLAP Pal
    • timecube avatar image
« Reply #621 on: November 04, 2020, 07:47:13 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I finally got to this point in the episode and honestly was unreal stoked to hear how he responded. I also love that they actually kinda grilled him a bit. This was arguably one of the best episodes they've done.

I thought that was such a weird loaded question. Just a roundabout way of saying "so kelly, you really didn't live up to you your potential... do you agree"? Great episode and i'm still buntgang now and forever but strange moment for sure.

Sick Duck

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 88
« Reply #622 on: November 04, 2020, 08:10:56 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

I thought that was such a weird loaded question. Just a roundabout way of saying "so kelly, you really didn't live up to you your potential... do you agree"? Great episode and i'm still buntgang now and forever but strange moment for sure.
well it makes sense since he rips and still works in skate industry but kinda went halfway Pro for a second. Like everyone else said he is a true skate rat and i liked how they didn’t even talk about nine club

HORSES

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 334
« Reply #623 on: November 04, 2020, 08:39:25 PM »
Never paid attention to his career or his video parts, but listening to that he's gotta have one of the more bizarre careers in skateboarding.

Nosferatu

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 684
« Reply #624 on: November 04, 2020, 09:27:08 PM »
He got fucked over by the industry because he was naive and beta and had poorly timed injuries. It’s awesome he seems to be doing so well now and is happy with his spot in the industry and more importantly still loves skating.
I thought it wasnt just him solo, shouldve stuck with my og thought.
R.I.P Rusty. One of us.

TurdyBird

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 153
  • <3
« Reply #625 on: November 04, 2020, 10:46:29 PM »
He got fucked over by the industry because he was naive and beta and had poorly timed injuries. It’s awesome he seems to be doing so well now and is happy with his spot in the industry and more importantly still loves skating.

I always thought Kelly ripped and on the nine club, enjoy how much of a skate nerd he is. However, wasn't there an incident at a premier where he got too drunk and possibly said something to Karl he shouldn't have?

Always thought that was why he got done dirty. Still got love for Kelly regardless but I think I read some shit like that on here.

Haven't listened to the episode yet, but that's kind of a wack question. Especially coming from a couple of dudes who at best, got flowed here and there. Sometimes life doesn't go as it seems, and if you don't get that then that's on you.
The chillest1

Sila

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 319
  • Jamu Gost
« Reply #626 on: November 05, 2020, 12:42:49 AM »
Never realised how many injuries he had to deal with. Good on him for staying positive and maintaining a career in skateboarding.

Fongstarr.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 311
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #627 on: November 05, 2020, 08:56:23 AM »

I am sure it feels even better to know he is at least working in the industry whereas other ex-pros that are struggling to figure things out. In the long run, being pro is cool but it doesn't last forever.
I'll fuckin
I'll fuckin
sew your asshole closed, and keep feedin you
and feedin you, and feedin you, and feedin you!

iwishilivedinfinla

« Reply #628 on: November 05, 2020, 09:14:59 AM »
a truly great episode.  The Nine Club is corny, but Kelly is a genuine dude

CossRooper

• SLAP Pal
    • timecube avatar image
« Reply #629 on: November 05, 2020, 10:39:41 AM »
a truly great episode.  The Nine Club is corny, but Kelly is a genuine dude

Agree. What a sincerely nice dude; even though he's been through the absolute ringer of industry bullshit he's still got almost nothing bad to say about anyone. Jived really well with the bunt boys too (besides Cephas trying to say he was a failure  8)) Could have listened to another hour or two.