Author Topic: the Bunt is back  (Read 300308 times)

urbneathme

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 281
Re: the Bunt is back
« Reply #960 on: March 03, 2021, 07:29:06 PM »
jesus christ you people are way too personally invested in this shit. it’s a fuckin skateboard company you don’t ride for, not your dad

Urtripping

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 530
« Reply #961 on: March 03, 2021, 07:53:01 PM »
Sick to hear he's a fan of Van Wastell, I can see the influence.
I saw your mommy and your mommy's dead

daewonbong3000

• Rep: 10
« Reply #962 on: March 03, 2021, 10:24:34 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Uh oh
[close]

Well I hope you're happy, Mister  >:( >:( >:( >:(

Expand Quote
I like Alex, but damn not going to your own premier? That’s a letdown.

It sounds like he underestimated his influence and name power and 917 requires more work than he anticipated and was kinda over it quick. Although he does have two brands and a “full time skate job” so I could appreciate how overwhelming that must feel at times. But still, hire someone to help out if you need it.
[close]

I'll preface this by saying I like Alex, don't want it to sound like I'm hating.

It's weird how he gets away with putting out a tiny amount of footage since the first 917 video in 2017 because he's so busy with organizing things with the two brands, but then the brands don't produce very much because he's spinning so many plates, including being a pro skater.

If I had to guess, the money he still makes off of Bianca Chandon and the money he makes from Nike give those projects top priority (totally reasonable) and 917 was a passion project that he doesn't have much passion for any more.

What I really wanted the boys to say to Cyrus was that it's understandable to get disheartened when they're all putting a lot of effort into skating to a really high caliber (especially for a lot of dudes that have other jobs besides skating) and then not seeing the same effort reciprocated on the business end.
[close]
I have a hard time thinking he gives Nike top priority. His footage output is almost non-existent. He seems over it. I like his skating and enjoy his interviews. But, he seems to get burnt out quite easily compared to other guys in his age bracket. Even when he was near his peak he didn't film for Pretty Sweet until like the last 6 months, after not having a full part between that and Fully Flared. One thing to hate the Ty Evans production and pressure, but when you have his name you had many outlets to put out footage in a more low-key way.

Wtf man, go to bed

Dark Knight

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 363
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #963 on: March 03, 2021, 10:27:22 PM »
Cyrus is a real one.

The Old Man From Scene 24

• Rep: 2
« Reply #964 on: March 04, 2021, 03:21:53 AM »
Love Cyrus, great interview!
It baffles me how people love to forget that Mike Tyson is a fucking rapist.

straight fucking edge

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -168
« Reply #965 on: March 04, 2021, 03:47:43 AM »
Bennet seems like a critical thinker, which is cool. People remarking on his “pace” of speaking, do you prefer people spaz out when they’re talking? I’d rather listen to someone who calculates what they’re gonna say at least a little bit.
Reminds me of when everyone was clowning Will Marshall for being an idiot, but he actually seemed good natured, intelligent and hilarious. Maybe a bit aloof but far from dumb.
917 had cool art direction in my opinion, and of course the videos are great, but I’m excited to see what’s next and maybe buy some of their boards at a reduced cost.

just because you think he’s a “critical thinker” doesn’t mean that he’s good with communication. i would not be surprised if he was at least half as bad as alex.
i don't want to link to the channel because is promotes athiesm.

BieberStance

• Rep: -17
« Reply #966 on: March 04, 2021, 04:12:28 AM »
Expand Quote
Bennet seems like a critical thinker, which is cool. People remarking on his “pace” of speaking, do you prefer people spaz out when they’re talking? I’d rather listen to someone who calculates what they’re gonna say at least a little bit.
Reminds me of when everyone was clowning Will Marshall for being an idiot, but he actually seemed good natured, intelligent and hilarious. Maybe a bit aloof but far from dumb.
917 had cool art direction in my opinion, and of course the videos are great, but I’m excited to see what’s next and maybe buy some of their boards at a reduced cost.
[close]

just because you think he’s a “critical thinker” doesn’t mean that he’s good with communication. i would not be surprised if he was at least half as bad as alex.

but it is fine. he at least definded his role spot on: Skaters are content-producers. thats his job. that is what he is good at and that is what he is doing. everything else he doesn´t consider his business.

can´t hate on that attitude

urbneathme

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 281
« Reply #967 on: March 04, 2021, 07:06:15 AM »
he did serve legitimate jail time and totally change up his life afterward, but if you’re pro-jail and anti-rehabilitation, i understand, that’s the culture of the moment

RichardBarkley

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -765
« Reply #968 on: March 04, 2021, 07:15:59 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
he did serve legitimate jail time and totally change up his life afterward, but if you’re pro-jail and anti-rehabilitation, i understand, that’s the culture of the moment

Let's just check who he follows on insta and make our minds up then
I want to fight you so badly richard
Please give me your address ill make it my life goal to punsh your face in

Jagr

• Rep: 116
« Reply #969 on: March 04, 2021, 08:58:00 AM »

Donkey Lips

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1020
« Reply #970 on: March 05, 2021, 07:21:36 AM »

Acky Jacky

« Reply #971 on: March 05, 2021, 04:13:40 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I didn’t say anything about his communication skills, you kinda just quoted a phrase I used to go off on a tangent. But, yeah—I’ve never communicated with him so I can’t say.

straight fucking edge

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -168
« Reply #972 on: March 06, 2021, 05:19:01 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
ooooooo a tangent you say
[close]

I didn’t say anything about his communication skills, you kinda just quoted a phrase I used to go off on a tangent. But, yeah—I’ve never communicated with him so I can’t say.
i don't want to link to the channel because is promotes athiesm.

Coastal Fever

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 495
« Reply #973 on: March 09, 2021, 10:13:48 AM »
Damian Bravo, eh.

Grind King Rims

« Reply #974 on: March 09, 2021, 12:31:01 PM »
Damian Bravo, eh.

Never would have expected it. The boys have funny taste sometimes, and I like that.

TheFandangler

• Rep: 14
« Reply #975 on: March 09, 2021, 01:36:45 PM »
I wonder if they'll ask Damian about that one story which, unfortunately, is pretty much the only thing I remember about him. You know the one...

Grind King Rims

« Reply #976 on: March 09, 2021, 01:54:44 PM »
I wonder if they'll ask Damian about that one story which, unfortunately, is pretty much the only thing I remember about him. You know the one...

Nah I can't remember, enlighten me.

TheFandangler

« Reply #977 on: March 09, 2021, 02:26:38 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I think the story was they were on tour and the homies went out but he stayed back and someone came to grab something and caught him pulling the goalie.

TheFandangler

« Reply #978 on: March 09, 2021, 02:31:58 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

I think the story was they were on tour and the homies went out but he stayed back and someone came to grab something and caught him pulling the goalie.

Honestly, I feel kinda bad that that is what I remember about him everytime I hear his name. Would suck to happen and he's definitely not the only person to do that while the rest of the team went partying.

weregoingunion

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 125
« Reply #979 on: March 09, 2021, 08:25:23 PM »
oh shit, stoked for this one! always enjoyed his footage & wish we saw more of him, clean style. bunt dudes stay having good guests. used to see him around a lot, wonder what he's been up to.
r.i.p. bubblegum tate
LOAF FOREVER <3

matty_c

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 459
« Reply #980 on: March 09, 2021, 08:32:50 PM »
Expand Quote
Shoplifting isn’t that sick, retards.
[close]

:'( :'(

I dunno I agree with him. Sounds mad old and deadset I been on some wild earns but you fully lose something outta yourself the more you steal
Back in the day a thief was lowest order type shit
I honestly regret all the times I stole
listen to cosmic psychos

DannyDee

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 247
« Reply #981 on: March 09, 2021, 11:38:18 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

When it comes to sex terms, I'm way more used to "pulling the goalie" meaning something completely different than jacking off.

left knee cap

• Rep: 118
  • $$$$
« Reply #982 on: March 10, 2021, 10:04:25 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

That gets brought up.

Sila

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 319
  • Jamu Gost
« Reply #983 on: March 10, 2021, 11:26:49 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Shoplifting isn’t that sick, retards.
[close]

:'( :'(
[close]

I dunno I agree with him. Sounds mad old and deadset I been on some wild earns but you fully lose something outta yourself the more you steal
Back in the day a thief was lowest order type shit
I honestly regret all the times I stole

What do you lose? That's all in your head. There's nothing wrong with exchanging nice kitchenware for AUD.

Massivebellend

• Rep: -14
« Reply #984 on: March 10, 2021, 02:26:26 PM »
Bravo was funny as hell, sounded like a bit of a loose cannon!

The black label Bunter “I can only do those switch” (360flip noseslides) in the post office cracked me up!!

Nosferatu

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 684
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #985 on: March 10, 2021, 03:43:50 PM »
Pretty rad he cited jeron and richard mulder as favorite skaters. I can definitely see it. The gonz one was a little more left field but he must’ve gotten to witness some greatness in the real to reel days.
I thought it wasnt just him solo, shouldve stuck with my og thought.
R.I.P Rusty. One of us.

MorningSesh

• Rep: 76
« Reply #986 on: March 10, 2021, 03:59:54 PM »
That was a funny ass episode. I felt that second-hand embarrassment for Cephler too with that story of him running up to the van "Always sand from the top never from the bottom son."
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aIR0KGPYqeA&ab_channel=theycallmekarl

Monkey_Mcpott

« Reply #987 on: March 10, 2021, 04:13:52 PM »
Great episode! I was tripping when he said he remembered a young Cephas rolling up to the van to say “always from the top son” haha

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1429
  • daddy bought you a pony
« Reply #988 on: March 10, 2021, 06:42:19 PM »
That was a funny ass episode. I felt that second-hand embarrassment for Cephler too with that story of him running up to the van "Always sand from the top never from the bottom son."
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aIR0KGPYqeA&ab_channel=theycallmekarl

i love this part. dude had a great style.

EDIT: half cab heel to manual the 3 up 3 down is perfect example, peep his arm. love how he stomps his 360 flips.

i used to watch this real vid with my homie daily back in the day. we were both sad when bravo seemed to be off.

he also wears great pants. there was another skater at the time that i think had a similar cool style and pant game, i think it was nikhil taylor thayer

foureyedjim

« Reply #989 on: March 10, 2021, 09:53:36 PM »
Man, the bunt is so good.  Love how comfortable talking the guests are with these two. 

Bravo has some crazy cool history.  Product accounts at 15, putting his life on the line to catch fish, solid episode.