Author Topic: the Bunt is back  (Read 300273 times)

disintegration

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -113
Re: the Bunt is back
« Reply #1770 on: May 20, 2022, 12:47:35 AM »
It's definitely not Nganou lol! He is the nicest guy and would not be at a party like that.

It's probably Jon Jones or Luke Rockhold as people have already suggested.

Both are returning this year, both have previously been champions. Jones (Light heavyweight) and Rockhold (Middleweight). It would be easy for Curren he clearly knows nothing about MMA to get mixed up and say they are heavyweight champions.

They are both loose guys. Jones is always in trouble regarding alcohol, drugs, domestic abuse etc and Rockhold is a bit unhinged in interviews etc. The RVCA link makes sense though.

Either way both of them are in their mid 30's and about 180 pounds heavier than Curren haha, crazy shit.

Coastal Fever

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 495
« Reply #1771 on: May 20, 2022, 05:53:13 AM »
Amazing interview, great finale for sure.  Am I the only one who thought it was kinda weird how Volcom stood out to him as the “obviously worst company”?  Aside from sponsoring Provost they don’t seem guilty of anything too egregious?  Especially when he rides for RVCA which is basically the same thing.

Murge

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 427
« Reply #1772 on: May 20, 2022, 06:19:14 AM »
Did anyone catch the name of their homies skate podcast they listed?

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1566
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #1773 on: May 20, 2022, 06:28:48 AM »
Amazing interview, great finale for sure.  Am I the only one who thought it was kinda weird how Volcom stood out to him as the “obviously worst company”?  Aside from sponsoring Provost they don’t seem guilty of anything too egregious?  Especially when he rides for RVCA which is basically the same thing.

They hook up Louie pretty well too….

Kombuch-A-Holic

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 122
« Reply #1774 on: May 20, 2022, 09:08:48 AM »
Gotta be Luke! But I thought he was a middle weight. They mentioned he was supposed to be coming back to the UFC but didn't. I like to picture AA in a fur coat at a party tho. That's funny. Now that's a party. That's a low blow BTW saying Cain has some "screws loose".  I'm sure we all would unless you're a pedo sympathizer. 

Mandatory Reload

• Rep: 78
« Reply #1775 on: May 20, 2022, 09:18:21 AM »
never liked Curren much but this episode won me over, seems like a cool dude. looking forward to seeing his new part whenever it drops.

for those questioning his choice of Volcom for worst company, I feel like he explained that it wasn't really a logical thing and that he likes everyone there but just doesn't vibe with their stuff? beyond that, i always thought it was pretty widely agreed that Volcom was pretty corny so idk lol i think they do well by their riders so they def get points for that but I would never be stoked to be wearing their shit (not to say it's bad quality or anything)

Jagr

• Rep: 116
« Reply #1776 on: May 20, 2022, 10:09:08 AM »
never liked Curren much but this episode won me over, seems like a cool dude. looking forward to seeing his new part whenever it drops.

for those questioning his choice of Volcom for worst company, I feel like he explained that it wasn't really a logical thing and that he likes everyone there but just doesn't vibe with their stuff? beyond that, i always thought it was pretty widely agreed that Volcom was pretty corny so idk lol i think they do well by their riders so they def get points for that but I would never be stoked to be wearing their shit (not to say it's bad quality or anything)

this shit reminded me of how i bought one of those Volcom two piece suits from Zumiez with one of my first dairy queen paychecks when i was 16...thought i was the biggest pimp running that thing at school. Volcom definitely corny (but so is RVCA, for sure).

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1777 on: May 20, 2022, 12:01:37 PM »
It could also just be some California shit, over the years I’ve heard things like: ‘it’s a soletech town’, plus he’s in deep in surfing too so maybe it’s corny from his viewpoint there as well….

sometimeperhaps

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 142
« Reply #1778 on: May 20, 2022, 06:05:48 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

this shit reminded me of how i bought one of those Volcom two piece suits from Zumiez with one of my first dairy queen paychecks when i was 16...thought i was the biggest pimp running that thing at school. Volcom definitely corny (but so is RVCA, for sure).

Guilty of rocking the Volcom suit as well. Mall brand aside they do/did make some pretty good jeans.

Paul Cicero

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -311
« Reply #1779 on: May 21, 2022, 03:38:27 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

Guilty of rocking the Volcom suit as well. Mall brand aside they do/did make some pretty good jeans.

They make the best jeans imo.. I’d NEVER rock a logo
tee or anything, but the jeans are amazing

ice nine

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -308
« Reply #1780 on: May 24, 2022, 04:16:40 AM »
i’m a cynic but some of the stories seemed to good to be true. still entertaining ep for sure
I;m sure i;m not the only dc/monster/subaru type guy here

shouldn't

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 73
« Reply #1781 on: May 24, 2022, 05:05:42 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
I wanna know who the MMA fighter that was a shitty party goer was. I don’t follow MMA at all, so there are like 2 names I would know, but I just wanna get a mental image of the dude in the story.
[close]
Considering they say heavyweight champ, my guess is Francis Ngannou. I wouldn't be shocked if they somehow knew each other through people connected to Jackass since Ngannou is the guy who punches Ehren in the jockstrap test. I agree with Curren, that guy is a beast. I'd rather be asked to try any fucking trick down Davis Gap or El Toro than somehow end up in a fight at a party with him.
[close]
I feel quite confident saying it's not Francis. They say he was the heavyweight champion, not is. I did some digging and my guess would be Cain Velasquez, he seems to have some screws loose and has some other legal troubles going on at the moment. He also hinted at a comeback quite recently which they mention in the episode.

What a fucking season though! This ender almost got to famous-name-droppy for me but none of the stories were told to build himself up so props to Curren.
[close]

I agree.... although I said I know nothing about MMA, I do in fact know that two of my coworkers ran into Francis at the Vegas airport a few months back and said he was the nicest and most humble dude... so I doubt that was curren’s reference .
[close]

i went to highschool with Cain

i have nothing to add to that story i just want to be cool and share that bit of info

think i'm gonna send the boys an email here soon... i have a barn burner of a question in mind
highly doubt ngannou or gane. gane never had the belt. my guess is either cain or it could be tito ortiz just because cain lived in arizona and has been married for over a decade. he’s making it sound like it was said fighter’s house by telling him to “get the fuck out” and saying that he had a sex doll in the hot tub. if you google tito’s house he had a nice 6 million dollar mansion in hb that is as described.. really nice but, not over the top. he’s also a strange ass dude if you watch interviews who seems like he might say some weird shit like mentioned. only difference is he’s like 45 not 35.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CXcW0lOlXV1/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

imagine fucking the dog shit outta chris roberts

Huell Howser

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 248
« Reply #1782 on: May 24, 2022, 09:22:18 AM »
curren episode was so good. that stalker story was so creepy, sounds like it could've gotten much worse. him going to the police station with screenshots from his phone and her already turning them in... sketch!

on the mma fighter - it must be that luke rockhold guy^^ I don't follow mma but after a quick youtube search this clip of him surfing and skatin came up lol
https://youtu.be/Lb44A_x6joc
« Last Edit: May 24, 2022, 09:30:13 AM by Huell Howser »

zahed

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Rep: -28
« Reply #1783 on: May 24, 2022, 12:21:15 PM »
ive always liked his skating. he gets bonus points for saying GT is his favorite skater.

his part in flip 3 was so good, just rewatched and he may have the longest fs nosebluntslides ive ever seen @5:20

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oWYo2MhjyOY

Mason, Louie, Jake, Manderson, and Curren are all friends and would make a killer team.

Candied cigarettes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 231
« Reply #1784 on: May 28, 2022, 11:15:25 AM »
https://open.spotify.com/episode/4wbU2qp4GerKjokOa3gwia?si=51pdQpP0TYG0Bln6mXXt6g&context=spotify%3Ashow%3A0FtCNDaY9ASI03UPduq64T

Would recommend their interview with the Beyond Boards pod. The host actually asks some good questions so we get a little behind the scenes of the Bunt

rawbertson.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 651
  • yo yo, yo yo yo yo
    • my youtube avatar image
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #1785 on: June 02, 2022, 07:15:04 AM »
https://www.instagram.com/p/CeR2A27pxOm/

3 on 3 basketball tournament  ;D
ONTARIO CANADA

sometimeperhaps

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 142
« Reply #1786 on: June 02, 2022, 07:32:42 AM »
https://open.spotify.com/episode/4wbU2qp4GerKjokOa3gwia?si=51pdQpP0TYG0Bln6mXXt6g&context=spotify%3Ashow%3A0FtCNDaY9ASI03UPduq64T

Would recommend their interview with the Beyond Boards pod. The host actually asks some good questions so we get a little behind the scenes of the Bunt

Was gonna post this too. Great interview. It’s always interesting to hear behind the scenes stuff.

Who’s going to the bunt jam?

Paperclip20

• Rep: 135
  • Please send symmetrical board information
« Reply #1787 on: June 02, 2022, 07:45:06 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Was gonna post this too. Great interview. It’s always interesting to hear behind the scenes stuff.

I'm thinking about coming through one of the days, I only live about 1.5/2 hrs away

fineslime

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 141
  • downward is heavenward
« Reply #1788 on: June 02, 2022, 09:06:55 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Huge fan of the bunt. I'm about halfway through this pod and Dono and Cephas seem like the realest dudes. Dono has responded to every DM I've sent him, even if it's just a response to his story or something. When he announced he was having his son I was expecting my first child too so we got to share in some joy on that front. I back these guys.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2022, 10:07:31 AM by fineslime »

MorningSesh

• Rep: 76
« Reply #1789 on: June 08, 2022, 01:12:19 PM »
Already missing the bunt boys, wednesday work days really suck now.

I_Respect_Wood

• Rep: 8
    • HH avatar image
« Reply #1790 on: June 28, 2022, 11:53:51 AM »

Thanks for this, that was good to listen.
If I wasnt me, I never hang out with me...

<iframe src="https://giphy.com/embed/qaL3qBBUWZRPXT5R7T" width="480" height="270" frameBorder="0" class="giphy-embed" allowFullScreen></iframe><p><a href="https://giphy.com/gifs/new-york-supreme-ben-kadow-qaL3qBBUWZRPXT5R7T">via GIPHY</a></p>

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1791 on: June 28, 2022, 01:36:44 PM »

I’m gonna have to listen to a fucking Steve Saiz interview….

Dark Knight

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 363
« Reply #1792 on: June 29, 2022, 08:54:11 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I’m gonna have to listen to a fucking Steve Saiz interview….

Steve Saiz is an OG

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1793 on: June 29, 2022, 08:01:38 PM »
Thanks Steve….

radcunt

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 471
    • FARTPISS DOGCUM avatar image
« Reply #1794 on: June 30, 2022, 06:10:53 AM »
I'm still recovering from seeing footage of these guys. So weird to see people for the first time after listening to them for years.

fineslime

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 141
  • downward is heavenward
« Reply #1795 on: July 02, 2022, 11:12:13 AM »
just went back and listened to Tom K's episode again and damn this dude loves skateboarding. got me really really stoked on the simple love of skating and all the good things it brings to you. one of the best episodes.

germy rogirs

• Rep: -14
« Reply #1796 on: July 09, 2022, 12:07:03 PM »
Bunt jam poppin off this weekend happy for the boys looks like a lot of people showed up to support plus they backed up their talk and won the ball tournament. Beast.

ohtight

• Rep: 19
« Reply #1797 on: July 09, 2022, 01:04:57 PM »
never bothered listening to this pod until recently so im making my way through all the episodes. two observations - the nora episode was hard to listen to. super crazy awkward. was listening to the duffel one earlier today and had to turn it off after like 30 minutes. dude was asked one question and goes on forever.

great stuff though. excited to get to all these episodes that keep getting mentioned in this thread.
zzz

Paul Cicero

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -311
« Reply #1798 on: July 09, 2022, 02:02:23 PM »
never bothered listening to this pod until recently so im making my way through all the episodes. two observations - the nora episode was hard to listen to. super crazy awkward. was listening to the duffel one earlier today and had to turn it off after like 30 minutes. dude was asked one question and goes on forever.

great stuff though. excited to get to all these episodes that keep getting mentioned in this thread.

The Nora one is absolutely awkward, and not their best that’s for sure.

I’m a huge fan and re visit episodes often. The Darrel Angel episode is awesome because as the episode goes on you can kinda hear them start becoming frustrated with how dumb the guy is, always makes me laugh. Heath’s episode is definitely eye opening, the Mitch Barrett, Grant Yansura and Will Marshall episodes are absolute barn burners.

We miss you guys.

Coastal Fever

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 495