Author Topic: Bastien gofundme  (Read 23082 times)

VHS ERA

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 211
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
Re: Bastien gofundme
« Reply #150 on: January 06, 2020, 03:25:13 PM »
I’m now down a YouTube rabbit hole of random Bastien contest and demo footage. He is a ridiculous showboat in a lot of them but you definitely can’t say he couldn’t back it up. This dude was seriously on one. Who the hell has massive cab flips on lock?

Stop kooking it Bastien you are one of the greatest

carlomarxxx

• Rep: -26
« Reply #151 on: January 06, 2020, 03:30:46 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
I need more Bastien stories.
silhouette, spill the beans.
[close]

I already served quite the two-platter just earlier but in moments of doubt, just rewatch this (I've probably posted that clip in every Bastien thread):

My favorite part is when the filmer tries to give someone else a chance at 1:26 then immediately reverts back to Bastien.

Adrien Bulard (El Toro back tail dude) used to puke his guts out on the course at every contest during every single of his runs, probably did so for a good one or two-year span. Occasionally he'd puke at the bottom of the obstacle he was skating and still go back for his trick even if that meant slipping out in his own puke. Back in the day a friend of mine skated a contest in Nantes and actually broke his arm there due to slipping out on Bulard's puke. For a while, if you looked up "adrien bulard" on YouTube, at least here the top suggestion to show up in search was "adrien bulard vomit" because of clips like this (I've posted this one before too but it's a performance art classic):

Someone also recently started an Adrien 'fan' page: https://www.instagram.com/adrienbulard_fanpage/
[close]
Sounds like adrien was spilling the beans.

But for real I would probably be pissed if I broke my arm slipping on puke too

what's with the shitty 360 flip attempts?

hateboard

• Rep: -277
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #152 on: January 06, 2020, 03:31:39 PM »
always liked his switch heels.

silhouette

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1572
« Reply #153 on: January 07, 2020, 12:03:48 AM »
^^ Used to be his shtick at contests for a good handful of years, for a while here he was known at the skatepark yo flip guy. He was in quite early on that shitty trend and would also exaggerate it to the max, also with 360 shoves, almost making it look like a different trick sometimes. I always hated forced tricks like that and that's a major reason why I could never really get into his skating in the first place, but at the time everyone in this country was riding his dick for those like he was some kind of stank-legged savior to the point where I honestly considered whether or not I was losing my mind for a bit (but no, it's the kids who are wrong). Seeing him do those in person was fucked up though, like as much as you hated it and for a copious amount of reasons, he still had a certain way of doing it with nonchalance that stood out and made you shut up about it despite that (or maybe because) he was looking like a Playmobil figure in soap shoes doing something technically bananas. He'd do those tricks like that down a lot of huge spots at the time as well, whenever it was time to get on a 'street mission'. Accomplished some sick stuff but always kind of made it look like rollerblading to me if that makes sense, probably doesn't.

Yo silhouette what’s the deal with fridge and beer stealing? He got caught? What’s the story behind all that?

Don't really have much detail myself and honestly I don't care about skate gossip all that much, but yeah he got caught both times, there's some stuff regarding that floating around on IG such as on the 'fan page' account I posted earlier.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2020, 01:19:56 AM by silhouette »

Abyss1

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 146
« Reply #154 on: January 07, 2020, 12:43:20 AM »
What if Bastien was the wonder child that Nyjah is today...would he be cooler or kookier?

And what if Bastien stole Nyjahs spot and he stayed a gnarly street rat

eranka

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 203
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #155 on: January 07, 2020, 02:17:10 AM »
What the fuck? Is he spewing from nervousness/anxiety/self pressure to perform?
his way of marking his territory. just an alpha skater showing all the other skaters that its HIS obstacle.
thanks silhouette! 

silhouette

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #156 on: January 07, 2020, 03:09:02 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
his way of marking his territory. just an alpha skater showing all the other skaters that its HIS obstacle.
thanks silhouette!

And honestly, the consequential guttural leftovers on his clothing probably passed off as slightly more incognito back in those days as all-over-print apparel was the hottest shit out. Ah, the heydays of Nick Trapasso and Jake Duncombe.

cricketclub

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 511
« Reply #157 on: January 07, 2020, 06:08:00 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
thanks silhouette!
[close]

And honestly, the consequential guttural leftovers on his clothing probably passed off as slightly more incognito back in those days as all-over-print apparel was the hottest shit out. Ah, the heydays of Nick Trapasso and Jake Duncombe.

Hahahaha and I'm sure the smell was less than incognito.
Handsome debonair fella, Got the Mellow Yellow bezel, Black rims on the Phantom same color Dr. Pepper.

jakeumms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1347
  • Runnin through the house with a pickle in my mouth
« Reply #158 on: January 07, 2020, 10:55:56 AM »
Expand Quote
Can't wait for the next crazy Bastien story to pop out
[close]
http://secondhandembarrassment.blogspot.com/search/label/NOZEBONE
I was thinking of that stuff all while reading this thread. There's other chapters that fictionalize some of the antics people have conveyed here too.
them cats are out getting mashed up to jungle, he's out mashing up jungle cats. it's just not gonna work.

silhouette

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #159 on: January 07, 2020, 12:11:20 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
thanks silhouette!
[close]

[close]

Hahahaha and I'm sure the smell was less than incognito.

Word on the street is the smell had such strong influence, it marked the inception of Stephen Lawyer's then-endless questioning of the elementary purpose of camouflage.

Is it still camouflage when you can feel its vibes?
« Last Edit: January 07, 2020, 10:50:49 PM by silhouette »

sadnocomply

• Rep: 151
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #160 on: January 07, 2020, 09:50:06 PM »
His playing doesn't warrant an 8000k antique fender. Get this man a First Act and call it a night. Only .025% of his followers would have to donate a dollar.
Lmao

zuma

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 147
« Reply #161 on: January 07, 2020, 10:33:07 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]
I was thinking of that stuff all while reading this thread. There's other chapters that fictionalize some of the antics people have conveyed here too.
i was reading through some of it again... so good! always wondered who s behind it... lots of j lee stuff too

jakeumms

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #162 on: January 07, 2020, 10:40:20 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]
[close]
i was reading through some of it again... so good! always wondered who s behind it... lots of j lee stuff too
Here's a thread from a little while back. Looks like there's been more updates that I need to catch up on. If you poke around on the blog, you can find links to the guy's other work too:
http://www.slapmagazine.com/index.php?topic=99602.0
them cats are out getting mashed up to jungle, he's out mashing up jungle cats. it's just not gonna work.

Dr Dew

« Reply #163 on: January 08, 2020, 05:15:34 AM »

GAY

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 3374
  • Those that SLAP, can't.
« Reply #164 on: January 08, 2020, 07:13:11 AM »
Are Jay and Swae Lee related?

iNeverSkated

• Rep: 36
  • is this right?
« Reply #165 on: January 08, 2020, 07:19:10 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I made it about 15 seconds before that green background made my eyeballs bleed

fakie nollie

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1072
« Reply #166 on: January 08, 2020, 09:40:08 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

I made it about 15 seconds before that green background made my eyeballs bleed

Same, almost went colorblind. Also don't understand the context of that blog post regarding this conversation of Bastien being insufferable, other than he did coke and took a piece of paper off someone's desk.

morningcommute

« Reply #167 on: January 08, 2020, 10:07:02 AM »
That’s Galen dekamper’s blog right?

Spankthemonkey

• Rep: -48
« Reply #168 on: January 08, 2020, 11:21:12 AM »
i made a gofundme to escape the cops and flee but nobody paid anything

CrappyChan

• Rep: -54
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #169 on: January 08, 2020, 11:26:18 AM »
Expand Quote
His playing doesn't warrant an 8000k antique fender. Get this man a First Act and call it a night. Only .025% of his followers would have to donate a dollar.
[close]
Lmao

Dannnng i know hes been playin for a long time but i never listened to his music. It always annoys me when mediocre players have 2000 dollar gibsons and shit
"From Todd Falcon to Tony Hawk, the Ben Raybourn story"

jakeumms

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #170 on: January 08, 2020, 11:59:08 AM »
Nah he just published the dude's stories before. Guy's name is Seneca Garcia.

Yes the green background is rough. I read it on my iPad in text mode.

morningcommute

« Reply #171 on: January 08, 2020, 01:38:47 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
Nah he just published the dude's stories before. Guy's name is Seneca Garcia.

Yes the green background is rough. I read it on my iPad in text mode.

Ahh thanks for clarifying. I think I’ve slated that blog and Galen on here before thinking they were one in the same, so my bad.

The blog and Galen separately both seem like utter trash tho. Galen looks like a reject from the pop group LMFAO

OldieButFrenchie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 120
« Reply #172 on: January 09, 2020, 02:14:59 AM »
About $800 is where I’d top out on spending on a guitar, and that’s using the GC Gear Card with years to pay it off.

If I had to play another Epiphone SG again though I would not be bummed.

The only super expensive guitar I’d invest in, is the Rory Ghallagher signature strat remake.

If I had to pay $15 or $20 a month for years, that’d be ok.

But who wants to worry about watching after a guitar that expensive, at a gig or leaving it in your car after.

800 is a reasonable limit. I paid 900 euros for a second hand Musicman bass that I absolutely love and it makes me nervous to bring it to some places. So I bought a beater, a 200 euros gig bass (my 3rd axe).

Anyways, as for Bastien, well.... I saw him skate the Montpellier Attitude contest when he was 12 and totally unknown. He was tiny, hardly missed anything already and made top 10 with the likes of Moses Itkonen and Alan Petersen. Honestly I dont know how my ego would have handled shit like that at 12! It's almost on a Michael Jackson level of growing up too fast.

Hevonen

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 18
« Reply #173 on: January 09, 2020, 04:15:18 AM »
Well, seems like he got the guitar and didn't set up a gofundme after all. Wonder if he got donations or if f.ex primitive stepped up and paid for it. He's also been promoting some random belt, hat and sunglasses companies on insta. No word on auctioning his other guitars for kids in Africa yet though

nasalcrilltobackpaddle

« Reply #174 on: January 09, 2020, 05:23:56 AM »
Well, seems like he got the guitar and didn't set up a gofundme after all. Wonder if he got donations or if f.ex primitive stepped up and paid for it. He's also been promoting some random belt, hat and sunglasses companies on insta. No word on auctioning his other guitars for kids in Africa yet though

I'm pretty sure the guitars he's posting are not the holy grail telecaster that he wanted his fans to buy him. It must have slipped away before he could get the money together.

I highly suggest checking out his instagram stories right now though to listen to him narrate over some white dad blues.

Mushi

• Rep: 1
« Reply #175 on: May 17, 2020, 06:40:09 PM »
Mental issues unfortunately.
He was brought back to France by his brother because of that, I met in a music gig in his hometown. Hope the best for him