Author Topic: Woodshop Directory 2020 Thread  (Read 116755 times)

Krooked antihero

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 160
Re: Woodshop Directory 2020 Thread
« Reply #240 on: April 28, 2020, 01:46:50 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
I'm hoping some of you guys might be able to help me out. I'm pretty sure my perfect deck would be if alien made their 8.25 shape but scaled down to 32 in length instead of 32.25 and 14in wb instead of 14.25. Any suggestions on companies with dimensions like that? It seems primitive are one of the options but i'd like to see if there's anything else out there.

Edit: After searching some girl has a shape that is Extremely close to what i am thinking. Just not sure about their board quality I haven't tried one in a few years
LENGTH (IN):   31.875
WHEELBASE (IN):   14.0
NOSE (IN):   6.875
TAIL (IN):   6.8
[close]

Does primitive have an 8.25 with 14wb? I thought they might have switched their shapes a bit, and haven’t updated the site. Could be wrong.

Girl/Choco wood is decent rn imo. I’ve liked my last few just as much as any other board I’ve had recently (I usually get fa/anti hero etc etc, both bbs and ps). Their shapes are great. The Simon B. Board I had recently would be real close to what you are asking for.

Business & Company have 14” wb boards. I haven’t tried one but they look sick.
[close]

I guess i'm not sure, I only looked at primitive a few months ago but they may have changed. I think might give a girl board a shot then, I was only concerned because I mainly stick to bbs companies. And B&C looks great but the overall length on them is really short the 8.25 is 31.37 inches. Thanks for the feedback
[close]

Just bought a primitive 8.25 and can confirm that it's still the same measurement
8.25x31.915/14 wb/6.8 nose/6.7 tail
One of the best shapes I've ever ride. Nice room on both nose and tail but not too blunt, medium mellow kick.
Primitive 8.25” shape is the shit🔥 Too bad it comes with Primitive graphics...
europe's like the capitol of england and france and whatever

It sucks getting old.

Sativa Lung

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 820
« Reply #241 on: May 06, 2020, 03:47:21 AM »
Expand Quote
My local references the 8.75” as a “K” shape (or mold?) which they’ve said is a standard popsicle. Is that clutch? The wb was crazy long from what I remember measuring in store. They also have 8-8.5” decks but also square options for the same sizes. Any ideas?
[close]

Could be clutch they do have a K shape. I’ve been riding the O shape in 8.5 and I love it. Check out clutches insta @clutchdistribution. Also have you asked your local? I’m sure they’d let you know.

Continuing this from the 2019 thread to try and keep things in one place.

I'm sure I've posted this before but for those who haven't seen it here's the clutch shapes

https://rayzlv.wixsite.com/clutchdistribution/copy-of-shapes

That should help to identify clutch/Chapman decks and/or give people an idea of what their options are.

And I'm with you on the O shape. I'm on my second one — an 8.25 Hotel Blue monkeys deck (first was an 8.38 coda) and I love it. If the tail was slightly mellower and it was 31.5 length it would probably be one of my favorite decks ever.

coalition_msk

• Rep: 3
    • КОАЛИЦИЯ avatar image
« Reply #242 on: May 06, 2020, 03:52:52 AM »
Girl/Chocolate is DSM now

Solid bowlcut

« Reply #243 on: May 06, 2020, 04:12:49 AM »
Girl/Chocolate is DSM now
Bold claim, any proof?

coalition_msk

• КОАЛИЦИЯ avatar image
« Reply #244 on: May 06, 2020, 04:50:47 AM »
i work for a distro in Russia. All boards dropping in May made in DSM from now on.

Idk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 308
« Reply #245 on: May 06, 2020, 06:09:51 AM »
i work for a distro in Russia. All boards dropping in May made in DSM from now on.
Thank you! I’m skating girl/chocolate boards rn and can’t complain, excited for the new drop.

TheBoognish

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 129
« Reply #246 on: May 06, 2020, 07:04:22 AM »

DSM for Russia only or everywhere else as well ?

I'm cool with that, I hate Crail wood.

legion

• Rep: 32
« Reply #247 on: May 06, 2020, 02:46:48 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
My local references the 8.75” as a “K” shape (or mold?) which they’ve said is a standard popsicle. Is that clutch? The wb was crazy long from what I remember measuring in store. They also have 8-8.5” decks but also square options for the same sizes. Any ideas?
[close]

Could be clutch they do have a K shape. I’ve been riding the O shape in 8.5 and I love it. Check out clutches insta @clutchdistribution. Also have you asked your local? I’m sure they’d let you know.
[close]

Continuing this from the 2019 thread to try and keep things in one place.

I'm sure I've posted this before but for those who haven't seen it here's the clutch shapes

https://rayzlv.wixsite.com/clutchdistribution/copy-of-shapes

That should help to identify clutch/Chapman decks and/or give people an idea of what their options are.

And I'm with you on the O shape. I'm on my second one — an 8.25 Hotel Blue monkeys deck (first was an 8.38 coda) and I love it. If the tail was slightly mellower and it was 31.5 length it would probably be one of my favorite decks ever.
https://www.clutchdistribution.com/shapes.html
Same page, different link..

https://www.instagram.com/clutchdistribution/?hl=en
Some shapes here too

Solid bowlcut

« Reply #248 on: May 07, 2020, 01:09:36 AM »
If someone cares, Plan B is now pressed by HLC in Europe.

coalition_msk

• КОАЛИЦИЯ avatar image
« Reply #249 on: May 07, 2020, 05:32:38 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

DSM for Russia only or everywhere else as well ?

I'm cool with that, I hate Crail wood.

Everywhere

Echelon

• Rep: 0
« Reply #250 on: May 10, 2020, 08:11:42 AM »
Saw some Palace boards in 8.06", isn't that a BBS size?

spanyard

• Rep: 77
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #251 on: May 10, 2020, 08:22:19 AM »
Russian distro you say? 

Sounds like some election year DSMformation to me wakka wakka wakka

tyshoes

• Rep: 8
« Reply #252 on: May 10, 2020, 01:35:13 PM »
8.5's w 14" wb are my favorite, but i feel like super hard to come by

I know people dont like SC or dwindle much here, but the new snakebite SC decks go up to 9" and maintian a 14"ish wheelbase

tyshoes

« Reply #253 on: May 10, 2020, 01:38:28 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Ive been riding a antihero full 8.25 x 32.2 w. Wb 14.5 this year. Really liked the BBS wood but figured i should try a ’normal’ size 8.25 next time that is a little shorter in wb & length. At 6.5” with indys what brands should i look at?
[close]

Antihero has an 8.28 x 31.7 shape that's really good, I think the WB is 14.25. I just recently got a Blood Wizard that's 8.25 x 31.6 14" wb thats a little mellower than most BBS decks and I like it a lot.

8.25 x 31.75 14.25wb is kind of the standard, so most companies will offer something in that range. You can search by length and WB on SPoT, Skate Warehouse and Warehouse Skateboards and tactics and socal have the info on the product page as well.
[close]

Is there any other woodshop with the quality like BBS? Really happy with the feel of my antihero, just asking to broaden my options as we dont have as big range of brands/models here in Sweden.

Been thinking about a Polar but dont want a high concave also the 14.125 WB might be too short at my height when setup with indys.

Honestly, Im a big fan of Numbers edition 8.5" with 14.25 wb (koston) and the Creature "cold press" or SC wide tip 8.5 or the kevin braun 8.25 14.19" wb have been my best matches.

But the nicest feeling deck to me (tied w numbers) was made by legend skates in CA for Hstreet. The most poppinest deck I had.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2020, 01:40:38 PM by tyshoes »

tyshoes

« Reply #254 on: May 10, 2020, 01:43:23 PM »
A Numbers board E5 would be PS or BBS?

PS I believe

Fred Gerwer Frank Gall

« Reply #255 on: May 11, 2020, 06:52:53 AM »
Northern Co still South Central?

FrozenIndustries

« Reply #256 on: May 11, 2020, 07:00:08 AM »
Northern Co still South Central?

Yes, it is.

Fred Gerwer Frank Gall

« Reply #257 on: May 11, 2020, 08:28:21 AM »
Thank you.

Lou Strux

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2306
  • The Swede is down at Venice Beach, shove off!
« Reply #258 on: May 13, 2020, 11:49:28 AM »
What, if anything, do we know about the Burger Skateboards that just popped up as a top of page banner ad on here? Or maybe it was over at the Thrasher site, I can’t keep these things straight anymore.
Who presses those up?
Anybody on here actually try the wood yet?
There’s an 8.75 shape w/ a 14.5 WB that I’m curious about.
Graphics are gross, but the price seems alright if the wood’s got the goods.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2020, 11:54:44 AM by Lou Strux »

I wanna play you in a game of SKATE for the right to continue talking shit on me.  You think you got me?

TwisT

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1146
« Reply #259 on: May 13, 2020, 12:57:48 PM »
The burger brand? They’ve been advertising on Instagram a lot. I like the colorful graphics, but i think it’s just some artist side hustle.

https://instagram.com/burgerskateboards?igshid=1nysv3kabn56l

tnka

• Rep: 0
« Reply #260 on: May 15, 2020, 05:00:19 PM »
Probably been discussed at some point already, but are all nhs decks now made in dsm?

Solid bowlcut

« Reply #261 on: May 15, 2020, 10:42:10 PM »
Probably been discussed at some point already, but are all nhs decks now made in dsm?
Yes

Sativa Lung

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 820
« Reply #262 on: May 16, 2020, 04:01:00 AM »
Anyone know who does Pet Skateboards? Its a small brand but they have a lot of unique shapes and sizes that you don't really see like 8.625 x 31.25. I sent them a DM but they never responded.

I've been thinking about trying one for a while but if the wood is good I'd be a lot more likely to take the plunge.

Also does anyone know of companies doing an 8.38 x 31.5 or shorter length?
« Last Edit: May 16, 2020, 04:17:05 AM by Buttfart Rapedick »

SneakySecrets

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1070
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #263 on: May 16, 2020, 04:03:34 AM »
^Kook brand
When nothing in society deserves respect, we should fashion for ourselves in solitude new silent loyalties.

munchbox

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 882
  • like….? brunch
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #264 on: May 16, 2020, 06:49:54 AM »
Anyone know who does Pet Skateboards? Its a small brand but they have a lot of unique shapes and sizes that you don't really see like 8.625 x 31.25. I sent them a DM but they never responded.

I've been thinking about trying one for a while but if the wood is good I'd be a lot more likely to take the plunge.

all their decks are sub $40 so id assume its not top tier wood
while cool-guying is a real phenomenon, studies show that 83% of all cool-guying incidents can be attributed to the cool-guyee being an awkward weirdo

Ok

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1134
« Reply #265 on: May 16, 2020, 07:05:51 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

They do have some interesting dimensions, and I’ve looked at several on the 35th site for that reason.

I didn’t know they were a kook brand.

There is doomsayers board that has a shape close to what ye seek. My one and only DS board was really great. Noticeably better than the boards I had right before or after.

SneakySecrets

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1070
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #266 on: May 16, 2020, 09:29:39 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]

They do have some interesting dimensions, and I’ve looked at several on the 35th site for that reason.

There is doomsayers board that has a shape close to what ye seek. My one and only DS board was really great. Noticeably better than the boards I had right before or after.

Just talking shit.  Never even heard of them before.
When nothing in society deserves respect, we should fashion for ourselves in solitude new silent loyalties.

TwisT

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1146
« Reply #267 on: May 16, 2020, 09:47:22 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]

[close]

Idk anything about Pet, but it’s pretty easy sale a board at the 35-40 percent range, still use a good wood shop, and still make good margins. Revive uses clutch and they do it.

Pretty much any top tier brand, could sale direct to consumer at like 40 bucks and be fine. It’d just piss all the shops off and distributors off.

Ok

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1134
« Reply #268 on: May 16, 2020, 10:13:39 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]

[close]

[close]

Idk anything about Pet, but it’s pretty easy sale a board at the 35-40 percent range, still use a good wood shop, and still make good margins. Revive uses clutch and they do it.

Pretty much any top tier brand, could sale direct to consumer at like 40 bucks and be fine. It’d just piss all the shops off and distributors off.

I think I saw an ig clip that was a little dubious....just people fucking about, the clips that don’t need to be clips.
Alternatively that could be looked at as being very honest.
I liked the name, few graphics/dimensions.
With these small co’s tho: who are you supporting? I don’t think anyone is making major loot, but it is something that runs through the back of my mind.

Slugboi22

• Rep: 70
« Reply #269 on: May 16, 2020, 11:29:53 AM »

I’ve had 2 of their boards. It’s a mix of clutch and drifter if I remember correctly. Last one I had felt nice and snappy. Got soggy relatively quick however.
Can’t speak on how good they are for larger impact stuff. I get em when I can’t get any polar or other bbs/generator boards
Edit: it’s also run by a super nice guy. Very helpful when it comes to shape questions. Don’t think he’s responding to DMs and such due to COVID
troubles. As far as I know, he put Pet on the back burner to focus on other stuff he likes doing
« Last Edit: May 16, 2020, 11:32:22 AM by Slugboi22 »