Author Topic: Quasi?  (Read 42844 times)

Ok

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1111
Re: Quasi?
« Reply #240 on: May 19, 2022, 12:46:08 PM »
Anyone ever skate the 8.25 shape with the 14.38 and Ave any comments any which way?

I like PS boards. I’ve had that shape, and was into it. PS boards are smaller than BBS boards, per listed size, as the two companies measure differently. PS boards tend to taper towards the tail. I like/am used to those differences. I find stix decks to be flexy/whippy and I like that.

intendedreceivers

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 204
« Reply #241 on: May 20, 2022, 08:45:34 AM »
Anyone ever skate the 8.25 shape with the 14.38 and Ave any comments any which way?

I think the one I have had those listed dims. Despite that, the wheelbase on mine actually measures 14.25, and it measures right around 32 with the tape pulled flat. Long, steep nose and a short, mellow tail with little to no spoon. Kicks are pretty classic, a little bit blunt, not really full or pointy. Concave through the middle is pretty chill, too.

It’s one of my favorite rides for more technical skating. That’s rare for me these days, but I’ve been riding it with 5.6 V-Hollows (new stock Indy bushings in black give them a quicker, deeper turn that I like) and 54mm radial slims.

somedudefromnj

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 75
« Reply #242 on: July 09, 2022, 07:57:36 AM »
Expand Quote
Does anyone know if the Acid Ply decks have the same shape as the Proto decks?

Tactics.com categorizes the Proto decks as "Shaped Decks", and Acid Ply as "Popsicle". Could easily just be some bad database stuff, but just want to make sure.

I want to get the 8.375 Acid Ply deck but not if its a standard popsicle shape.
[close]

I thought they were all about the same standard popsicle shape really, given PS Stix do have more of a blunt kick to them, but from looking up pics of the Proto and the Acid Ply, they appear to be the same shapes for the same size decks.

They are the same dimensions listed, but PS Stix boards are always shorter.

Does this one appeal to your taste for a shaped board?

that AD board is one of my favorites

just got the twin tail justin henry and am gladly surprised that its steeper than I was expecting

sort of unrelated but has anyone tried those neen williams twin nose boards? that sounds more my speed

Lol. Eldee is definitely a human. He’s like a raider on horse back who’s kinda scared to do battle. Somehow he closes his eyes and swings his sword wildly and wakes up in a pile of dead orcs.

CaderSk8r

• Rep: 19
« Reply #243 on: July 09, 2022, 09:10:13 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I think the one I have had those listed dims. Despite that, the wheelbase on mine actually measures 14.25, and it measures right around 32 with the tape pulled flat. Long, steep nose and a short, mellow tail with little to no spoon. Kicks are pretty classic, a little bit blunt, not really full or pointy. Concave through the middle is pretty chill, too.

It’s one of my favorite rides for more technical skating. That’s rare for me these days, but I’ve been riding it with 5.6 V-Hollows (new stock Indy bushings in black give them a quicker, deeper turn that I like) and 54mm radial slims.

Does it taper like the proto or does it stay 8.25 through the rails?

Xen

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 986
  • too easy, we know your new handle...stop following
« Reply #244 on: July 09, 2022, 11:43:47 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

Tactics.com categorizes the Proto decks as "Shaped Decks", and Acid Ply as "Popsicle". Could easily just be some bad database stuff, but just want to make sure.

[close]

I thought they were all about the same standard popsicle shape really, given PS Stix do have more of a blunt kick to them, but from looking up pics of the Proto and the Acid Ply, they appear to be the same shapes for the same size decks.

[close]

just got the twin tail justin henry and am gladly surprised that its steeper than I was expecting

sort of unrelated but has anyone tried those neen williams twin nose boards? that sounds more my speed

@somedudefromnj
https://www.slapmagazine.com/index.php?topic=105756.0

https://www.slapmagazine.com/index.php?topic=105756.msg3610239#msg3610239
I've skated 3 of the neens (the 8.25x31.5") and have two on ice; they're great!

munchbox

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 863
  • like….? brunch
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #245 on: July 09, 2022, 04:10:21 PM »
fuck i wish quasi did those shapes in bigger sizes
cant force myself to skate 8.5s anymore
while cool-guying is a real phenomenon, studies show that 83% of all cool-guying incidents can be attributed to the cool-guyee being an awkward weirdo

Xen

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #246 on: July 09, 2022, 04:39:34 PM »

What's your go to size these days?

munchbox

• SLAP Pal
  • like….? brunch
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #247 on: July 09, 2022, 05:11:22 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

8.75 but looking to size up to 9+
while cool-guying is a real phenomenon, studies show that 83% of all cool-guying incidents can be attributed to the cool-guyee being an awkward weirdo

Ok

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #248 on: July 09, 2022, 05:23:24 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Why?

munchbox

• SLAP Pal
  • like….? brunch
« Reply #249 on: July 09, 2022, 06:14:54 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
[close]

Why?
half bored half itchy
8.75 isnt big with size 13 flippers

somedudefromnj

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #250 on: July 09, 2022, 07:59:55 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

@somedudefromnj
https://www.slapmagazine.com/index.php?topic=105756.0

https://www.slapmagazine.com/index.php?topic=105756.msg3610239#msg3610239
I've skated 3 of the neens (the 8.25x31.5") and have two on ice; they're great!

damn theres a thread for everything on slap, my mind is blown

is slap the reddit of skateboarding?

Lol. Eldee is definitely a human. He’s like a raider on horse back who’s kinda scared to do battle. Somehow he closes his eyes and swings his sword wildly and wakes up in a pile of dead orcs.

Madam, I'm Adam

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1373
« Reply #251 on: July 09, 2022, 08:07:44 PM »

If there were about 3,451 more threads about Rodney Mullen, then that would be an apt comparison.

Stu Pickles

• Rep: 110
« Reply #252 on: July 09, 2022, 08:52:51 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

If there were about 3,451 more threads about Rodney Mullen, then that would be an apt comparison.

and every thread would devolve into how dumb skaters are for not wearing full pads

Madam, I'm Adam

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #253 on: July 12, 2022, 11:54:31 AM »
I'm becoming a Quasi believer. I had Bobby's first pro model and really liked the wood, dims, kicks, and concave. The tail is mellow, which has become more comfortable for me. I've found that exerting more energy/pop on a steeper concave is labourious, and not worth the effort - I can ollie comfortably on a Quasi's mellow tail.

Just bought a proto 8.25 by 31.75 by 14.25. I usually skate boards that are a bit smaller, but the Bobby model had the same dims and I enjoyed it. Once I'm ready to skate the proto, I'll post it in the set-up thread.

Ok

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #254 on: July 12, 2022, 12:43:55 PM »
I'm becoming a Quasi believer. I had Bobby's first pro model and really liked the wood, dims, kicks, and concave. The tail is mellow, which has become more comfortable for me. I've found that exerting more energy/pop on a steeper concave is labourious, and not worth the effort - I can ollie comfortably on a Quasi's mellow tail.

Just bought a proto 8.25 by 31.75 by 14.25. I usually skate boards that are a bit smaller, but the Bobby model had the same dims and I enjoyed it. Once I'm ready to skate the proto, I'll post it in the set-up thread.

I’ve bought more quasi boards, than any other brand, in recent times. I am a fan.

art hellman

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1168
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #255 on: July 12, 2022, 12:46:45 PM »

big fan of the Proto 8.25 and 8.5
hardly art, hardly starving

Knee Pain

• Rep: 42
« Reply #256 on: July 13, 2022, 11:25:50 AM »

I’m skating the 8.5 proto at the moment and really enjoying it.

Took me ages to try Quasi due to the amount of people saying PS Stix boards turn soggy after a couple of sessions, but I’ve yet to experience that myself.

Agree on the mellow tail too, makes popping much easier for me.

joaqp

• Rep: 23
« Reply #257 on: July 13, 2022, 01:05:56 PM »

Is there a difference between the proto 8.25 and the 8.25 shape with a 14.25 wb?

Madam, I'm Adam

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #258 on: July 13, 2022, 01:17:49 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Is there a difference between the proto 8.25 and the 8.25 shape with a 14.25 wb?

Hmm, I'm not sure myself...

Xen

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #259 on: July 18, 2022, 10:29:31 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

Proto is the square'd off shape, the other is not.

PatrickSkateman

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -210
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #260 on: July 18, 2022, 06:24:42 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

I’d be a-ok riding nothing but proto’s moving forward. Great shape.
2022 Slap Fantasy Football Champion

Xen

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #261 on: July 18, 2022, 06:48:25 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

It's easily one of my favorite shapes.

$48 @ garage
https://garageskateshop.com/products/quasi-proto-assorted-decks?variant=35641995067552&currency=USD&utm_medium=product_sync&utm_source=google&utm_content=sag_organic&utm_campaign=sag_organic&gclid=Cj0KCQjwidSWBhDdARIsAIoTVb2qLJLtT1_nSF_w4DsVAXvlHArrjYSrhuEU1ecYqJhok22hUKsLZuAaAkthEALw_wcB

PatrickSkateman

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -210
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #262 on: July 18, 2022, 07:03:11 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

It's easily one of my favorite shapes.

$48 @ garage
https://garageskateshop.com/products/quasi-proto-assorted-decks?variant=35641995067552&currency=USD&utm_medium=product_sync&utm_source=google&utm_content=sag_organic&utm_campaign=sag_organic&gclid=Cj0KCQjwidSWBhDdARIsAIoTVb2qLJLtT1_nSF_w4DsVAXvlHArrjYSrhuEU1ecYqJhok22hUKsLZuAaAkthEALw_wcB

Yo, thanks.
2022 Slap Fantasy Football Champion

nekro

• Rep: 8
« Reply #263 on: August 29, 2022, 02:23:48 PM »

Lepanto

• Rep: 6
« Reply #264 on: August 30, 2022, 11:00:38 PM »

Figured this is the spot, I want to get a 8.25 proto. What’s the length measured BBS style?

8.25"x31.875"x14.25"WB
[/quote]

How? Damn this things make me so confuse, on quasi site sais that:
Proto [8.25"]
■ 8.25" x 32.125" WB 14.25"

The length doesnt march

fs1/2cab

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 614
    • a short part avatar image
« Reply #265 on: August 30, 2022, 11:16:48 PM »

Expand Quote
Figured this is the spot, I want to get a 8.25 proto. What’s the length measured BBS style?
[close]

8.25"x31.875"x14.25"WB

Proto [8.25"]

The length doesnt march
[/quote]

It is confusing yeah. BBS measuring is like with a flat ruler straight across over a deck. PS Stix measures with the concave and kicks, that's why it is always longer. Although it isn't really longer, it's just measured different.
Hope that makes sense.
IG: @flowterspace

Lepanto

• Rep: 6
« Reply #266 on: August 31, 2022, 02:22:28 AM »
Expand Quote

Expand Quote
[close]

8.25"x31.875"x14.25"WB
[close]

Proto [8.25"]

The length doesnt march

It is confusing yeah. BBS measuring is like with a flat ruler straight across over a deck. PS Stix measures with the concave and kicks, that's why it is always longer. Although it isn't really longer, it's just measured different.
Hope that makes sense.
[/quote]

Totally thanks for clear me that

Btw somebody really know tue differences between  acid-ply and a regular deck?

fs1/2cab

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 614
    • a short part avatar image
« Reply #267 on: August 31, 2022, 04:17:07 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

Expand Quote
[close]

8.25"x31.875"x14.25"WB
[close]

Proto [8.25"]

The length doesnt march
[close]

Hope that makes sense.

[/quote]

Someone correct me please if I am wrong, but I am pretty sure Acid-Ply is the same as a regular deck.
Acid-Ply just sounds cool and looks great as a font.
IG: @flowterspace

somedudefromnj

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #268 on: August 31, 2022, 09:13:03 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

Expand Quote
[close]

8.25"x31.875"x14.25"WB
[close]

Proto [8.25"]

The length doesnt march
[close]

Hope that makes sense.
[close]

Someone correct me please if I am wrong, but I am pretty sure Acid-Ply is the same as a regular deck.
Acid-Ply just sounds cool and looks great as a font.
[/quote]

yeah acid ply is 100% just joking troll-y shit. Jab at anyone with board technology

skatesum609

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Rep: 94
« Reply #269 on: September 01, 2022, 06:16:20 PM »
Anyone skate the 8.5 bbs board yet? Is it the same/really similar to the ps 8.5 square shape?