Author Topic: Corona Virus. What's going on where you live?  (Read 93693 times)

JANUS

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 622
Re: Corona Virus. What's going on where you live?
« Reply #990 on: April 15, 2020, 08:13:25 AM »
Expand Quote
The park was packed with people today, but everyone seemed to be keeping a bit of distance.

The line at Canadian Tire (kind of like a Target mixed with a Home Depot, sort of) was a million miles long.

I walked 2 miles to an amazing Portuguese place to get some take out... only to find out that they closed Sunday through Wednesday. Kind of bummed on that one.
[close]

Yeah the random changing of store hours has been the most annoying thing of this for me every time I go to the LCBO it's just closed and I have to hit up walmart for wine when I actually want vodka.

As for whether or not the lockdown was necessary that shit was spreading like wildfire through the NBA alone. When that first game got cancelled while tipoff was about to happen that should have tipped everyone off to the fact this shit was about to get very real very quick. I wonder if Rudy Gobert will ever bounce back from this. Personally I don't care but anyone who's a true germaphobe may never forgive the guy.

The LC? You’re from Ontario?
If you can't handle me at my Marc Johnson, you don't deserve me at my Bobby Puleo.

JudoOrigami

• Rep: -90
« Reply #991 on: April 15, 2020, 08:28:21 AM »
Unfortunately yes

Hairy Ballsagna

• Rep: 32
« Reply #992 on: April 15, 2020, 09:11:12 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
So I got the virus, 2 weeks with ups and downs but it feel a lot better now ! Still a little tired but it’s OK

Watched a ton of skate videos from different eras, I fell asleep watching Transworld Feedback with a fever i had strange psychedelic dreams involving Chad Muska and Geoff Rowley speaking French.

The worst thing is my uncle I never talk to sending not funny COVID memes I’ve seen 2 weeks ago every hour

Here in France it’s locked until at least may 11th

Stay safe Slap people
[close]

Curious, were you actually tested or did you just self-quarantine? I’m pretty sure I had the virus late February, but at the time I don’t even know if there were confirmed cases in the states yet. I don’t know anyone (and haven’t heard from anyone) who has actually gotten a test.
[close]

I was tested - I have type 1 diabetes so they tested me. I think if I wasn’t diabetic they wouldn't have tested me - at least this is the policy they follow here in France.

They didn’t let me stay at the hospital, at first I was panicking but they were right.  They said I was not that bad. Just one night I woke up with pain in my chest - like imagine somebody sitting on your chest blocking your breath... overall I didn’t cough a lot, but I was VERY tired.

Some people I know had (or still have) the symptoms but weren’t tested. I was tested.

So I don’t know the rules they follow in the States, but here in France the way they handle it seems a bit odd sometimes.

I have to admit I have no faith in the French government for a lot of reasons (like Macron telling people it’s not important to wear a mask and showing up on TV with a mask 4 days later) but we have strong caregivers and doctors.

Thanks for sharing. I hope you keep feeling better!

At this point I think testing varies a lot across the states, but generally it seems like it's difficult to get tested unless you have some factor that puts you at higher risk. In my small West Coast city, if you have symptoms and a risk factor (over 60, pregnant, etc., I believe diabetes counts as an underlying health condition) you can go to a drive-up test center and get tested.

Otherwise I think you generally can't get tested here.

pizzafliptofakie

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1956
« Reply #993 on: April 15, 2020, 10:16:35 AM »
There's a big protest in Michigan's capital by a bunch of MAGA dickheads right now. What a dumb fucking timeline we live in.

ihatejulio

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1127
« Reply #994 on: April 15, 2020, 04:39:05 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Stimulus money is being sent out. Just got mine a few hours ago, I'm in california.
[close]

I'm in California too. I just checked my bank account out of curiosity and sure enough, $1200 was deposited in my account. Very grateful to have that happen because being unemployed right now has pushed my persistent anxiety to its brink. Temporary relief from that feeling is a godsend.
[close]
Have you filed for unemployment yet? Everyone has been complaining about the process, but they approved my claim within 4 days. I got the edd debit card within a few days of certifying for benefits. The extra $600/week hasn’t shown up in my account, but I’m not stressing yet. They’ve seemed to be on top of their shit with it so far

I drove by Griffith park in LA today and people were treating it like the first day of summer. Families all out and about, picnics in the park, games of catch, etc.. Shit like that makes me feel like this is gonna stretch out longer than it has to

I have not, no. I recently moved before the virus and had to leave my old job. I'm under the impression that I would not qualify for unemployment because I left on my own accord but my interpretation of that requirement might be wrong. I have just been living off of savings atm and have cut back on a lot of expenses so the 1,200 will give me more time to apply to places and find work.

ColinYourAssOut

• Rep: 13
« Reply #995 on: April 15, 2020, 05:06:46 PM »
There's a big protest in Michigan's capital by a bunch of MAGA dickheads right now. What a dumb fucking timeline we live in.

A lot of people protesting in Michigan are displeased with the fact that local government has gone so far to keep people from being able to live/purchase as normal as to ban allowing purchase of SEEDS for those who want to garden.  Let's just say it's blowback for the irrational overreach of what's going on in Michigan, I've been reading perspectives from people who are protesting who cover both ends of the spectrum who think it's absurd what the governor is pushing at this point.  Some states have leadership that's going WAY overboard on the power plays, and if they keep pushing, this will only be the start of what's coming. 

It's not just "MAGA dickheads", there are a LOT of people in Michigan who aren't ready to spend the next year indoors because the governor wants to cut them off from everything.
You can't beat cheeks with weak meat.

ihatejulio

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
« Reply #996 on: April 15, 2020, 06:02:30 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

A lot of people protesting in Michigan are displeased with the fact that local government has gone so far to keep people from being able to live/purchase as normal as to ban allowing purchase of SEEDS for those who want to garden.  Let's just say it's blowback for the irrational overreach of what's going on in Michigan, I've been reading perspectives from people who are protesting who cover both ends of the spectrum who think it's absurd what the governor is pushing at this point.  Some states have leadership that's going WAY overboard on the power plays, and if they keep pushing, this will only be the start of what's coming. 

It's not just "MAGA dickheads", there are a LOT of people in Michigan who aren't ready to spend the next year indoors because the governor wants to cut them off from everything.

So the response is to block access for ambulances to reach hospitals, open carry rifles (because pp is small), and wave confederate flags around? There are better ways to enact change than causing gridlock outside of a hospital and blast your horn disturbing the sick patients and overworked health care workers inside. That's scumbag behavior one thousand percent. I have read so many accounts from Lansing nurses on Twitter who are demoralized beyond repair by the actions of MAGA trash. Motherfuck these people and anyone who defends them.

ColinYourAssOut

« Reply #997 on: April 15, 2020, 06:24:00 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

So the response is to block access for ambulances to reach hospitals, open carry rifles (because pp is small), and wave confederate flags around? There are better ways to enact change than causing gridlock outside of a hospital and blast your horn disturbing the sick patients and overworked health care workers inside. That's scumbag behavior one thousand percent. I have read so many accounts from Lansing nurses on Twitter who are demoralized beyond repair by the actions of MAGA trash. Motherfuck these people and anyone who defends them.

Didn't say that all of it was the best plan, but this is what you're going to see more and more of every week if certain states continue to go overboard no matter what your personal opinion is.  The more states try to go rogue and keep things shut without a viable plan to reopen, the more this will happen, I can promise you that.

If you REALLY believe nurses are being "demoralized" due to a protest outside, you're far too gullible to be reading social media.  Just the other day nurses across the nation were too busy posting TikTok videos of themselves dancing in the halls, and today, this has ruined them for good?  C'mon, man...don't be silly.

pizzafliptofakie

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #998 on: April 15, 2020, 06:32:06 PM »
My homie's brother is a doctor in Lansing. Literally every single one of his patients had to cancel their appointments today because traffic was blocked.

I watched various live feeds. It was almost entirely MAGA dickheads who think we're in "communist Michigan". Nobody's overstepping, we're in a fucking global pandemic. This sucks for everybody, but the longer these petulant children kick and scream, the longer this is gonna take. Other countries have been much more strict than the US and they're seeing results.

ColinYourAssOut

« Reply #999 on: April 15, 2020, 06:41:12 PM »
My homie's brother is a doctor in Lansing. Literally every single one of his patients had to cancel their appointments today because traffic was blocked.

I watched various live feeds. It was almost entirely MAGA dickheads who think we're in "communist Michigan". Nobody's overstepping, we're in a fucking global pandemic. This sucks for everybody, but the longer these petulant children kick and scream, the longer this is gonna take. Other countries have been much more strict than the US and they're seeing results.

Telling Michigan residents they can't check on their aging parents now is reasonable?

Again, telling someone who wants to plant a garden they can't buy seeds is reasonable so they have to go out more this year and shop in grocery stores rather than plant their own gardens?  What a great thing, don't let people take care of themselves by being able to produce their own food and stay home where they could be safe, now you have to go out for your produce and put yourself at additional risk every week, that makes perfect sense now!

If you think that going this far deep on citizens and giving no real expectation of when the state will try to reopen is "reasonable" then I don't know what to say.  In Wisconsin, we're still allowed some degree of normal life, and outside of the communities who are still staying in close quarters and spreading things in the cities, we're not all suddenly dying from being outdoors just because we're in a pandemic.  There are reasonable limits, and there's power playing bullshit that's not helping anyone, but rather is putting people in harm's way more.

Really, if your governor said to you that you now have to stay inside through October, can't go out for anything, and you couldn't check on family or friends, are you cool with that just because we're "in a pandemic"?  It's funny how fast some people will give up their liberties for a false sense of security just because someone in power they voted for tells them that extreme measures are for their own good.

Like I keep saying, if this is how states want to handle things, then they're going to see more and more protests happening weekly, like it or not. 
« Last Edit: April 15, 2020, 06:43:57 PM by ColinYourAssOut »

TheLurper

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 660
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #1000 on: April 15, 2020, 06:56:37 PM »

Falsehoods

None of this is true, but thanks for saying your insane falsehoods very loudly and frantically.

But, for the sake of this thread, my local bar was packed today. I couldn't get a good photo due to the glare, but man that place was super busy.

Quote from: ChuckRamone
I love when people bring up world hunger. It makes everything meaningless.
"That guy is double parked."
"Who cares? There are people starving to death! Besides, how does that affect you? Does it lessen the joy of parking?

ColinYourAssOut

« Reply #1001 on: April 15, 2020, 07:24:35 PM »
Expand Quote

Falsehoods
[close]

None of this is true, but thanks for saying your insane falsehoods very loudly and frantically.

But, for the sake of this thread, my local bar was packed today. I couldn't get a good photo due to the glare, but man that place was super busy.

So, you coming back to this one to peacock instead of answering the questions I keep asking about how any of the things being prevented are actually saving lives and preventing spread of illness?  Or, is this just another smug nothingburger reply?  Feel free to clarify again on how any of the following put people at more risk of spreading or receiving COVID-19

>visiting family to possibly drop off supplies or do a welfare check
>buying certain items while already at a store that you're occupying because someone says they're non-essential
>traveling between 2 properties you own

Like I said more than once, just prove to me how these things are harmful and putting people at additional risk, and I can concede defeat for my argument.  I just ask for proof of how going to these measures is doing any more to actually prevent the spread of COVID-19 than standard measures taken by most states.

I'll keep asking, feel free to keep dodging over and over if you can't give me a rational answer, but it isn't looking good for your reasoning when you have nothing to offer.

ihatejulio

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
« Reply #1002 on: April 15, 2020, 07:44:17 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

Didn't say that all of it was the best plan, but this is what you're going to see more and more of every week if certain states continue to go overboard no matter what your personal opinion is.  The more states try to go rogue and keep things shut without a viable plan to reopen, the more this will happen, I can promise you that.

If you REALLY believe nurses are being "demoralized" due to a protest outside, you're far too gullible to be reading social media.  Just the other day nurses across the nation were too busy posting TikTok videos of themselves dancing in the halls, and today, this has ruined them for good?  C'mon, man...don't be silly.

Focus your account you deliberately ignorant sack of shit.

ColinYourAssOut

« Reply #1003 on: April 15, 2020, 07:48:03 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

Yeah, Twitter is always real-life, and everything posted is always exactly right, nobody has ever lied, exaggerated, or used social media for attention, personal gain, or promotion of one's politics!  And I'm sure that NONE of the people who you cite have ANYTHING posted online against Trump, right-wing politics or anything else, I'm sure it's all organic, unbiased opinion!  ;)

I love how the people who consider themselves the most compassionate are the first ones who insult, name call, and wish death on me in threads like this.  Keep up the good work!

ihatejulio

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
« Reply #1004 on: April 15, 2020, 08:05:45 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

Yeah, Twitter is always real-life, and everything posted is always exactly right, nobody has ever lied, exaggerated, or used social media for attention, personal gain, or promotion of one's politics!  And I'm sure that NONE of the people who you cite have ANYTHING posted online against Trump, right-wing politics or anything else, I'm sure it's all organic, unbiased opinion!  ;)

I love how the people who consider themselves the most compassionate are the first ones who insult, name call, and wish death on me in threads like this.  Keep up the good work!

So these people are being overly dramatic and lying according to you? These people, who are literally putting their lives on the line working endless shifts with no discernable end in sight, are biased and seeking personal gain? To even insinuate that these health care workers are seeking attention for personal or political gain is beyond disgusting.

Honestly, I have come across a lot of ignorant trash on Slap but you have got to be the most self-serving scumbag I have come across yet. So congrats on that. Now focus your shit and please never come back.

edit: hey look, more LiBurL health care workers spreading propaganda!
https://www.reddit.com/r/Michigan/comments/g21knh/protestors_blocking_ambulance_entrance_to_sparrow/?ref=share&ref_source=link
« Last Edit: April 15, 2020, 08:10:57 PM by ihatejulio »

pizzafliptofakie

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1005 on: April 16, 2020, 12:52:38 PM »
I cannot believe there are people as recklessly stupid as this Colin guy out and about in the world. I'm feeling genuinely depressed about it.

Weekend96

• Rep: -4
« Reply #1006 on: April 16, 2020, 02:09:18 PM »
Came down with a swollen throat, body aches,  and I can’t smell anything at all unless its directly in front of me. Really hoping its not covid but if i get a fever sometime soon i guess i’ll call the dr.

I have no idea what the testing process is even like in PA or how to get started.

Alan

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2527
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #1007 on: April 16, 2020, 07:16:10 PM »
Hope you didn't get rona'd, dude. Fingers crossed!
Hosin' out the cab of his pickup truck
He's got his 8-track playin' really fuckin' loud

JudoOrigami

• Rep: -90
« Reply #1008 on: April 17, 2020, 12:22:30 AM »
am I the only one who scrolls though these pages while staring at the screen blankly not reading anything

tom

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1003
  • the moon rules
« Reply #1009 on: April 17, 2020, 12:51:05 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Stimulus money is being sent out. Just got mine a few hours ago, I'm in california.
[close]

I'm in California too. I just checked my bank account out of curiosity and sure enough, $1200 was deposited in my account. Very grateful to have that happen because being unemployed right now has pushed my persistent anxiety to its brink. Temporary relief from that feeling is a godsend.
[close]
Have you filed for unemployment yet? Everyone has been complaining about the process, but they approved my claim within 4 days. I got the edd debit card within a few days of certifying for benefits. The extra $600/week hasn’t shown up in my account, but I’m not stressing yet. They’ve seemed to be on top of their shit with it so far

I drove by Griffith park in LA today and people were treating it like the first day of summer. Families all out and about, picnics in the park, games of catch, etc.. Shit like that makes me feel like this is gonna stretch out longer than it has to
[close]

I have not, no. I recently moved before the virus and had to leave my old job. I'm under the impression that I would not qualify for unemployment because I left on my own accord but my interpretation of that requirement might be wrong. I have just been living off of savings atm and have cut back on a lot of expenses so the 1,200 will give me more time to apply to places and find work.
You should file online with the state anyways. Worst case scenario they reject your claim. They’ve updated since I applied so I’m not sure exactly what the difference is, but you can say you’re now unemployed because of the virus. Technically it’s true since you can’t get a new job right now. If you don’t qualify from the state you can still qualify for the $600/week from the federal government, you’ll  just have to request the Pandemic Unemployment Assistance program
https://www.edd.ca.gov/about_edd/coronavirus-2019/pandemic-unemployment-assistance.htm
fuck you bama

arrbee

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 443
« Reply #1010 on: April 17, 2020, 04:12:54 AM »
Came down with a swollen throat, body aches,  and I can’t smell anything at all unless its directly in front of me. Really hoping its not covid but if i get a fever sometime soon i guess i’ll call the dr.

I have no idea what the testing process is even like in PA or how to get started.

Call your primary care Dr. They will go through your symptoms. Gather some other information that could be related to underlying conditions. Most likely not recommend a test anyway. Depending on what part pf PA you are in there a a few testing sites in Philly all require a referral from a Dr. Last I heard only place to get tested is at a testing center.

If you don't have a primary care Dr, call an urgent care.
Quote from: DaveFuck
youre fucking FRIED if you think im gonna listen to dan corrigan talk about cariuma

Weekend96

• Rep: -4
« Reply #1011 on: April 17, 2020, 05:38:09 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Call your primary care Dr. They will go through your symptoms. Gather some other information that could be related to underlying conditions. Most likely not recommend a test anyway. Depending on what part pf PA you are in there a a few testing sites in Philly all require a referral from a Dr. Last I heard only place to get tested is at a testing center.

If you don't have a primary care Dr, call an urgent care.

Yeah thats what i was thinking too. I’m in the Montgomery County area and it looks like everything requires a Dr. referral. Guess i’ll just wait it out and see what happens. I have no idea where I could have gotten it from. I haven’t seen anyone other than my family (i live with them) since this whole thing started. 

Charlie Hustle

« Reply #1012 on: April 17, 2020, 06:26:16 AM »
Been seeing charges coming through work for people violating the stay at home order. It’s something they’re tacking on as a secondary charge for stuff like drunk in public or hooking. Haven’t seen it by itself. It’s a misdemeanor, $1000. Wouldn’t be surprised if someone gets one skating somewhere and gets kicked out.

Sila

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 343
  • Jamu Gost
« Reply #1013 on: April 17, 2020, 07:04:08 AM »
My buddies think i'm crazy but i'm hoping for the best and preparing for the worst as they say. I'm knuckling down and trying to realize what my reference points are as far as living in the world goes, so if most of those are gone at some point I don't loose my shit when we return to a new 'normal'.

jack burton

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 158
« Reply #1014 on: April 17, 2020, 12:12:22 PM »
Apparently people are protesting in the capital here in jersey. Last time I checked we had the second highest cases after New York but people want to open the state.

layzieyez

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1506
  • Illusion Flip
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #1015 on: April 17, 2020, 03:14:56 PM »
The most idiotic part about that is that by protesting about being closed it's going to take longer to open. People are so stupid.

Sk.A.T.A.N

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 714
  • aka Sk.A.N.Y.E.
« Reply #1016 on: April 17, 2020, 03:57:53 PM »
Apparently people are protesting in the capital here in jersey. Last time I checked we had the second highest cases after New York but people want to open the state.

R.I.P RUSTY/FRIP

TheLurper

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 660
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #1017 on: April 17, 2020, 05:12:55 PM »
I spoke with a friend of mine who lives in Dubai and he told me, "We are on total isolation... [and we are] using a website for a permits to go outside." He can't even leave his house without a permit from the police and these people are throwing temper-tantrums about not being able to wander around Home Depot aimlessly.

I understand economic anxiety for those who are out of work, but I wonder what % of these people are actually experiencing significant economic issues and what % are just getting riled up by the outrage radio.

Quote from: ChuckRamone
I love when people bring up world hunger. It makes everything meaningless.
"That guy is double parked."
"Who cares? There are people starving to death! Besides, how does that affect you? Does it lessen the joy of parking?

ihatejulio

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
« Reply #1018 on: April 17, 2020, 06:20:20 PM »
There was a MAGA protest a few miles from where I live today. That's twice now we have been covered by the national media for our rampant stupidity over our handling of this virus. I fucking hate Huntington Beach and all the right-wing trash that lives here. Can't wait to leave.

FROTHY

« Reply #1019 on: April 17, 2020, 06:45:09 PM »
There was a MAGA protest a few miles from where I live today. That's twice now we have been covered by the national media for our rampant stupidity over our handling of this virus. I fucking hate Huntington Beach and all the right-wing trash that lives here. Can't wait to leave.
I would have left when the original HB park got destroyed.