Author Topic: Wtf is up with the nine club  (Read 340624 times)

Suangi

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 9
Re: Wtf is up with the nine club
« Reply #1530 on: June 04, 2023, 10:21:34 AM »
Cannot wait for the Steezus x Eldy crossover experience.

somedudefromnj

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 74
« Reply #1531 on: June 04, 2023, 10:31:35 AM »
No one:
California: $21 Oatmeal

and that cup didnt even look like a decent size

Lol. Eldee is definitely a human. He’s like a raider on horse back who’s kinda scared to do battle. Somehow he closes his eyes and swings his sword wildly and wakes up in a pile of dead orcs.

Kook Me Amadeus

« Reply #1532 on: June 04, 2023, 10:42:57 AM »
Steesuz and Edly's ex said, "it's not you it's me, I just don't want to be in a relationship right now" and now 6 weeks later she's doing all the same shit you used to do together and posting about it, just without you.

Nothing like wanting to fire someone but getting them to quit on their own accord first.  Even better when you get two to quit at once.

Nosferatu

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 684
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #1533 on: June 11, 2023, 08:11:59 AM »
Gotta love super high prod
I thought it wasnt just him solo, shouldve stuck with my og thought.
R.I.P Rusty. One of us.

Kook Me Amadeus

« Reply #1534 on: June 11, 2023, 11:51:20 AM »

Convenient how Rodfather didnt mention his Rumble ad for SLS 😂

DCLOVE

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -484
« Reply #1535 on: June 11, 2023, 12:04:55 PM »
Pretty sure he goes to Biebel’s old gym, hilarious that’s who he’s emulating now.

Holy shit it costs $8000 a year starting  . This dude is so in debt. There’s no way he’s making this much money. He’ll be back in Kansas by 2024 no doubt. You don’t go from Genius Bar to low leveler influencer money.
PINE 2009, 2010, 2011, 2020, PINE STILL MAKIN' MONEY.

Kook Me Amadeus

« Reply #1536 on: June 11, 2023, 12:17:47 PM »
Steezus shouldn’t turn his back on skating.  Why not do little shoe related interviews with skaters and industry types?  Dude may not be my cup of tea but that’s literally his “brand”.

Ty Evans Lightman

• Rep: -29
« Reply #1537 on: June 11, 2023, 12:49:25 PM »
Expand Quote
Pretty sure he goes to Biebel’s old gym, hilarious that’s who he’s emulating now.
[close]

Holy shit it costs $8000 a year starting  . This dude is so in debt. There’s no way he’s making this much money. He’ll be back in Kansas by 2024 no doubt. You don’t go from Genius Bar to low leveler influencer money.

I can only guess he's getting a discount for promoting the gym through his social media channels.
He's very much chasing the influencer life because he'll happily promote anything.
I have no idea how much these influencers make but I can't believe he's making bank. Or maybe he is and he tried to get the Nine Club to match his fees which they politely declined. All speculation.
He's probably living check to check.

Regarding eldy, seeing him fist a four pack in all those insta photos at the yeah right 20 year party, I get the impression he's struggling a bit. Again all speculation. I sure hope not. Party was at a brewery afterall.

PlugSkullcandy

• Rep: 88
« Reply #1538 on: June 11, 2023, 12:54:33 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Convenient how Rodfather didnt mention his Rumble ad for SLS 😂

Haha i love how he didn’t question McDonald’s ethics one second… we’ve all seen « Supersize Me » haha. But thousand of dollars for a video on Instagram I would probably question my opinions and I hope I would stay true to them… but I’m no influencer !

Not to mention the energy drink he oriented towards the camera haha.

WhoCareZ

« Reply #1539 on: June 11, 2023, 01:44:33 PM »
Steezus shouldn’t turn his back on skating.  Why not do little shoe related interviews with skaters and industry types?  Dude may not be my cup of tea but that’s literally his “brand”.

Steezus joining Jereme Rogers as a fellow kook for acting like he’s above skating. Only reason anyone knows who you are in the first place. Not that hard to just show appreciation for skateboarding.

Also, my theory is Berra foisted Steezus into the nine club from the Berrics, and it took five years for Crob and the gang to finally get rid of him.

larry sanders

• Rep: -3
« Reply #1540 on: June 11, 2023, 05:15:55 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

I can only guess he's getting a discount for promoting the gym through his social media channels.
He's very much chasing the influencer life because he'll happily promote anything.
I have no idea how much these influencers make but I can't believe he's making bank. Or maybe he is and he tried to get the Nine Club to match his fees which they politely declined. All speculation.

I had a similar theory, I suspect he is not making enough $$$ and maybe he wanted to use the larger 9 club audience to be able to up his rates for peddling whatever garbage.

Abyss1

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 144
« Reply #1541 on: June 13, 2023, 08:48:40 AM »

That Gymfluencer culture is soo weird, everytime I go to the gym there is a least 2 people with a fucking tripod and a smartphone filming shit.  The whole body dismorphia mental issue is worse with these types of gymrats going around.

KGB

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -461
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #1542 on: June 13, 2023, 09:22:38 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

I had a similar theory, I suspect he is not making enough $$$ and maybe he wanted to use the larger 9 club audience to be able to up his rates for peddling whatever garbage.

It’s called credit. These dudes get loans and max out cards left and right so they can look cool as the idiots they see on music videos who also don’t own half the shit they wear/drive. It’s all fronted by the labels and taken away when they stop producing income. But regardless many many many people in this country are in massive debt because of loans they can’t pay back and maxed out credit cards. Like really you would be surprised how much of the population lives this way. They appear to have expensive luxury cars and big houses to impress but secretly live in fear about when it’s going to get taken away.

"Armed with seven rounds of space doo-doo pistols"

Not_Bruce

• Rep: -53
« Reply #1543 on: June 13, 2023, 09:46:50 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

It’s called credit. These dudes get loans and max out cards left and right so they can look cool as the idiots they see on music videos who also don’t own half the shit they wear/drive. It’s all fronted by the labels and taken away when they stop producing income. But regardless many many many people in this country are in massive debt because of loans they can’t pay back and maxed out credit cards. Like really you would be surprised how much of the population lives this way. They appear to have expensive luxury cars and big houses to impress but secretly live in fear about when it’s going to get taken away.

You nailed it dude! The desire to put out an image that you are super successful , have this movie like lifestyle and brag....so many people fall into it. For example I work as a engineer for a company in the Bay and project manage a team of 10 folks. There are two junior engineers on our team who drive Teslas , draped in Supreme/Off-White/Hermes and I know exactly how much money they make......if you were judging a book by its cover you would assume I was the junior engineer and they were the manager. I drive for the record a Honda Fit lol and until recently was still rocking an Altamont Button Up that my wife made me retire. If you were to look at aspects of California culture from an outside perspective .....very shallow and materialistic imo.

rkulla

• Rep: -77
    • IG avatar image
« Reply #1544 on: June 13, 2023, 10:26:40 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

You nailed it dude! The desire to put out an image that you are super successful , have this movie like lifestyle and brag....so many people fall into it. For example I work as a engineer for a company in the Bay and project manage a team of 10 folks. There are two junior engineers on our team who drive Teslas , draped in Supreme/Off-White/Hermes and I know exactly how much money they make......if you were judging a book by its cover you would assume I was the junior engineer and they were the manager. I drive for the record a Honda Fit lol and until recently was still rocking an Altamont Button Up that my wife made me retire. If you were to look at aspects of California culture from an outside perspective .....very shallow and materialistic imo.

I'd agree with that IF that was really isolated to just California. It's not. People drive just as expensive lifted trucks, etc in texas.    Some of them might be motivated by "status", sure, but I think at the end of the day it's just people buying what they like.  Some people are bad with money and probably should be more frugal, but some people are super into things as a hobby/lifestyle, they just have expensive hobbies.  A lot of my engineering friends sunk their money into BMW's but they also took them to the track and had a real affinity for cars, whereas I was driving the same Honda for over a decade. (Athough now I have a basic audi but I got a good deal) :D

People speculate too much rather than just let people living. Who cares? Their money, their choice.
☮❤🛹

Kook Me Amadeus

« Reply #1545 on: June 13, 2023, 10:28:26 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

I'd agree with that IF that was really isolated to just California. It's not. People drive just as expensive lifted trucks, etc in texas.    Some of them might be motivated by "status", sure, but I think at the end of the day it's just people buying what they like.  Some people are bad with money and probably should be more frugal, but some people are super into things as a hobby/lifestyle, they just have expensive hobbies.  A lot of my engineering friends sunk their money into BMW's but they also took them to the track and had a real affinity for cars, whereas I was driving the same Honda for over a decade. (Athough now I have a basic audi but I got a good deal) :D

People speculate too much rather than just let people living. Who cares? Their money, their choice.

Glad you’re here, dude… what took you so long? :)

rkulla

• IG avatar image
« Reply #1546 on: June 13, 2023, 10:32:08 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

Shrug. I try to pay attention to all sides of things to not lose touch, just been super busy like everyone else. 
☮❤🛹

Kook Me Amadeus

« Reply #1547 on: June 13, 2023, 10:51:50 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

Shrug. I try to pay attention to all sides of things to not lose touch, just been super busy like everyone else.

Dipping your toe in the Slap muck, eh?  Well I salute you joining. 

Dig how hard you back Nine Club, I’m sure at some of their lower points your support made a big difference in keeping it going, so thanks.  We all criticize it a bunch, with some validity, but it’s one of the better things going in skating right now.

rkulla

• IG avatar image
« Reply #1548 on: June 13, 2023, 10:58:17 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

Dig how hard you back Nine Club, I’m sure at some of their lower points your support made a big difference in keeping it going, so thanks.  We all criticize it a bunch, with some validity, but it’s one of the better things going in skating right now.

Thanks. Yeah, back in the "zoom" days when they didn't have big sponsors I was thinking it looked like it was hanging on by a thread and a lot of us were living for it since there wasn't much else going on to look forward to. Just glad it made it. I really am hoping for Ed, Rodney, Tom and Mark episodes, amongst others. finger's crossed.
☮❤🛹

Ty Evans Lightman

« Reply #1549 on: June 13, 2023, 10:59:37 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

This.
The latest Fabian Alomar episode is a good one. Kind of like how Fabian had Kelly on edge a little with his silly questions.

———

I see what you’re saying Kulla but letting your car key dangle out your pocket screams “Look at me!” More than anything else.

Ty Evans Lightman

« Reply #1550 on: June 13, 2023, 11:02:11 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

Thanks. Yeah, back in the "zoom" days when they didn't have big sponsors I was thinking it looked like it was hanging on by a thread and a lot of us were living for it since there wasn't much else going on to look forward to. Just glad it made it. I really am hoping for Ed, Rodney, Tom and Mark episodes, amongst others. finger's crossed.

Get to the back of the line. We’re all still waiting on the Rickk and Megan ep. Ha ha!

Oh yeah, and Jim T!

rkulla

• IG avatar image
« Reply #1551 on: June 13, 2023, 11:10:18 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

Get to the back of the line. We’re all still waiting on the Rickk and Megan ep. Ha ha!

Oh yeah, and Jim T!

Those 3 are definitely included in my "amongst" others. Rick Howard the Duck board was one of my first real decks. Good to see Jeron continuing the Duck theme, although not the same as that terrible movie I used to watch on loop as a kid.
☮❤🛹

Not_Bruce

« Reply #1552 on: June 13, 2023, 07:27:42 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

Yes yes No NO

I don't want to make it sound like I am mother Theresa , consumerism is an incredible sensation. I just recently bought a pair of half cabs for $70 bucks, I could have easily bought the discounted Emericas for $30 but I thought the half cabs looked super fly. So I am not going to be totally obtuse and deny that people buy stuff they life. But this might be too philosophical for Slap.....we are here to be silly and talk skate. But if you think about the bigger picture......Are people happier today than in the 1990s ? Do BMWS,$8000 a year gym memberships and $21 oatmeal catering increase human happiness.... my hypothesis is heck no. Just from opinion , true happiness is spending time with my wife just talking and watching Seinfeld.Aka spending time with the people we love. Playing with my son in the park and watching him get excited about the smallest thing. Spending time with my 3 closest homies who I have been skating with since grade 10, who have always had my back during the good and bad times. Us skating curbs or mini ramps or having endless debates about who had the best part in Sights Unseen is true happiness imo. Stuff does a really good job at mimicking happiness but it's always fleeting imo. But the people we love , our families and our homies that's the shit we will remember on our death bed. Not the expensive german automobile we drove or the exclusive clothing that Gucci manufactured.

Thanks for listening to my rant slap.

rkulla

• IG avatar image
« Reply #1553 on: June 13, 2023, 08:29:25 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

Yes yes No NO

I don't want to make it sound like I am mother Theresa , consumerism is an incredible sensation. I just recently bought a pair of half cabs for $70 bucks, I could have easily bought the discounted Emericas for $30 but I thought the half cabs looked super fly. So I am not going to be totally obtuse and deny that people buy stuff they life. But this might be too philosophical for Slap.....we are here to be silly and talk skate. But if you think about the bigger picture......Are people happier today than in the 1990s ? Do BMWS,$8000 a year gym memberships and $21 oatmeal catering increase human happiness.... my hypothesis is heck no. Just from opinion , true happiness is spending time with my wife just talking and watching Seinfeld.Aka spending time with the people we love. Playing with my son in the park and watching him get excited about the smallest thing. Spending time with my 3 closest homies who I have been skating with since grade 10, who have always had my back during the good and bad times. Us skating curbs or mini ramps or having endless debates about who had the best part in Sights Unseen is true happiness imo. Stuff does a really good job at mimicking happiness but it's always fleeting imo. But the people we love , our families and our homies that's the shit we will remember on our death bed. Not the expensive german automobile we drove or the exclusive clothing that Gucci manufactured.

1000% agree. Stuff comes and goes and is temporary happiness, but nothing like watching Seinfeld with the wife before bed, with our dogs at our feet.
☮❤🛹

Kook Me Amadeus

« Reply #1554 on: June 13, 2023, 10:17:41 PM »
1000% agree. Stuff comes and goes and is temporary happiness, but nothing like watching Seinfeld with the wife before bed, with our dogs at our feet.

;)

Dooky-shoes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -305
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #1555 on: June 13, 2023, 11:26:11 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

Oh yeah, and Jim T!
[close]

Those 3 are definitely included in my "amongst" others. Rick Howard the Duck board was one of my first real decks. Good to see Jeron continuing the Duck theme, although not the same as that terrible movie I used to watch on loop as a kid.
What is happening here?

Candied cigarettes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 236
« Reply #1556 on: June 14, 2023, 08:06:37 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

Yes yes No NO

Wait so you’re saying money DOESN’T buy happiness?!

Yeah real philosophical guy

Not_Bruce

« Reply #1557 on: June 14, 2023, 09:24:14 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

Yes yes No NO

[close]

lol I am the Slap Kant Candied cigarettes 
my next philosophical slap treatise will be on the "golden rule"
I will make sure to tag you dawg!!!

manysnakes

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1101
« Reply #1558 on: June 14, 2023, 09:37:58 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

Yes yes No NO

[close]

Someone should form several major world religions, philosophical movements, or political systems around this insight.
This is not my SOTY. I'm telling my kids there was no SOTY for 2021

larry sanders

• Rep: -3
« Reply #1559 on: June 14, 2023, 10:01:07 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

Yes yes No NO

[close]

[close]

Someone should form several major world religions, philosophical movements, or political systems around this insight.

praise our lord steezus christ