Author Topic: Wtf is up with the nine club  (Read 344954 times)

Kook Me Amadeus

Re: Wtf is up with the nine club
« Reply #1470 on: June 01, 2023, 11:26:42 PM »
Kelly stealing a page out of Es's playbook with this move

The good ole “Annexation of Puerto Rico”

Mean salto

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 856
« Reply #1471 on: June 02, 2023, 03:06:33 AM »
Kelly giving Frankie props for getting another nb colourway....

Edly and steezus meant to have guest enjoi boards that never came out guess when it rains it pours

ChipSuey

• Rep: 25
« Reply #1472 on: June 02, 2023, 04:18:30 AM »

Edly and steezus meant to have guest enjoi boards that never came out guess when it rains it pours

Pretty sure the 417 is a legit pro model not just a colorway right?

Murge

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 427
« Reply #1473 on: June 02, 2023, 04:42:01 AM »
Idk if I ever listened to a full episode of the experience. Since the show has been honestly pretty damn good since the “restructure “ I’m gonna try and listen to live. Im sure listening isn’t as good as watching cause they show clips?

Lucky_Basek

• Rep: 55
« Reply #1474 on: June 02, 2023, 07:08:38 AM »
The live episode was much better than the experience.

It’s very strange that they don’t know who Oscar Candon is or who he skates for given Sour Solution II was their video of the year in 2019. And they have spent time talking about Tom’s Tales and other Vans videos he has been in.

Candied cigarettes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 236
« Reply #1475 on: June 02, 2023, 07:16:01 AM »

It’s very strange that they don’t know who Oscar Candon is or who he skates for given Sour Solution II was their video of the year in 2019. And they have spent time talking about Tom’s Tales and other Vans videos he has been in.

Is it really tho? Chris doesn’t exactly have a reputation for knowing his shit

Kook Me Amadeus

« Reply #1476 on: June 02, 2023, 09:03:56 AM »

Yeah that suprised me a little they didn’t know about Frankys new shoe - I guess 3 people fucking up on air is less embarrassing than 5 though…

They also didn’t know about Chad Caruso’s charity and other specifics about the trip, like him never swapping the wheels.

I guess there’s some disappointing aspects of the live show coming back - they’re never gonna be encyclopedic like some of the Pals on Slap.

Chris talking about ending the Experience and Steezus and Justin being gone was entertaining as hell though - just watching him try to verbally navigate that minefield was gold.

Might start calling Eldy “Edly” - that’s a funny ass name, reminds me of this dude

Kook Me Amadeus

« Reply #1477 on: June 02, 2023, 10:01:43 AM »

gloommanagement Congratulations Steezus on these incredible brand partnerships with Scotch Porter and Swiffer x Walmart. 🎉

frontsideNECKTIE

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 212
  • Precision Posture
« Reply #1478 on: June 02, 2023, 10:12:13 AM »

gloommanagement Congratulations Steezus on these incredible brand partnerships with Scotch Porter and Swiffer x Walmart. 🎉

I really didn't want to work today, and this made me want to even less
Wow sorry, didn't realise I was dealing with a sick cunt here

camel filters

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1292
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #1479 on: June 02, 2023, 10:17:40 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Is it really tho? Chris doesn’t exactly have a reputation for knowing his shit
Chris asked what video part had Jamie Thomas' brooklyn banks line. He was in welcome to hell for fucks sake. He clearly is just a good skater who isn't that versed in skate knowledge. I pray when a skate rat like Reynolds retires that he fills his time with podcasting or something cause that dude is obsessed and has good takes judging from his interviews.

WhoCareZ

« Reply #1480 on: June 02, 2023, 10:32:29 AM »
I pray when a skate rat like Reynolds retires that he fills his time with podcasting or something cause that dude is obsessed and has good takes judging from his interviews.

Crob and Rog are 100% doing nine club for money, veiling their efforts under the guise of ‘support for skateboarding’. Makes for boring episodes on average. Who even knew who Chris Roberts was before the nine club?

frontsideNECKTIE

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 212
  • Precision Posture
« Reply #1481 on: June 02, 2023, 10:38:36 AM »
Expand Quote
I pray when a skate rat like Reynolds retires that he fills his time with podcasting or something cause that dude is obsessed and has good takes judging from his interviews.
[close]

Crob and Rog are 100% doing nine club for money, veiling their efforts under the guise of ‘support for skateboarding’. Makes for boring episodes on average. Who even knew who Chris Roberts was before the nine club?
other than crailtap's mini top 5 series, and that fairly famous clip of the bs nosegrind on that long out ledge, in my eyes he was totally outshined by almost anyone else on Choco/Girl at the time
Wow sorry, didn't realise I was dealing with a sick cunt here

art hellman

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1172
« Reply #1482 on: June 02, 2023, 11:08:01 AM »
Kelly stealing a page out of Es's playbook with this move

this made me giggle.

this makes me wanna skate:
hardly art, hardly starving

Kook Me Amadeus

« Reply #1483 on: June 02, 2023, 11:52:37 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Chris’s background as a milk man is coming in extremely handy these days  ;D

Kook Me Amadeus

« Reply #1484 on: June 02, 2023, 11:56:12 AM »
Pizzaflip, who were the skaters you were sending clips/info to Crob about?  He alluded to a legendary duo coming in the show…

Ty Evans Lightman

• Rep: -30
« Reply #1485 on: June 02, 2023, 12:16:32 PM »
Pizzaflip, who were the skaters you were sending clips/info to Crob about?  He alluded to a legendary duo coming in the show…

Interested to know too.
At the end of the live episode Chris name drops Tony Hawk and Andrew Reynolds which would a killer double act fo their new paired interviews. But that's pure speculation.

Regarding Steezus and Eldy, it was kind of obvious Chris, Kelly and Jeron were dodging mines when they did their best to congratulate their friends on their future endeavours.

Chris could be starting to research a bit more but I think he's relying a bit too heavily on his discord chat members to fill in the blanks. Some things really aren't that hard to research a minimum.

Also, a little salty to hear Chris try and jump on Jeron's experience of having filmed some awesome skits with the first girl/choco videos. Chris had about a minute of footage in the chocolate tour iirc and then some docu-bits in hot chocolate. Hardly Brothas from different mothas...

pizzafliptofakie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1959
« Reply #1486 on: June 02, 2023, 12:29:51 PM »

Jamie Thomas and Chris Cole.

I sent him that Motivation documentary about Chris Cole, which he had never heard of which is kinda funny. And I sent him a Corey Duffel Welcome To Fallen ad that accidentally ran. Not holding my breath to see if he uses any of it, but I really hope he asks about Jamie confronting Chris about pushing mongo, per the documentary.  8)

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 856
« Reply #1487 on: June 02, 2023, 12:33:26 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Interested to know too.
At the end of the live episode Chris name drops Tony Hawk and Andrew Reynolds which would a killer double act fo their new paired interviews. But that's pure speculation.

Regarding Steezus and Eldy, it was kind of obvious Chris, Kelly and Jeron were dodging mines when they did their best to congratulate their friends on their future endeavours.

Chris could be starting to research a bit more but I think he's relying a bit too heavily on his discord chat members to fill in the blanks. Some things really aren't that hard to research a minimum.

Also, a little salty to hear Chris try and jump on Jeron's experience of having filmed some awesome skits with the first girl/choco videos. Chris had about a minute of footage in the chocolate tour iirc and then some docu-bits in hot chocolate. Hardly Brothas from different mothas...
Tony and Reynolds would be fun but maybe tony with Ellis would make more sense

Chris has been in some stuff

BurgerCop

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -57
« Reply #1488 on: June 02, 2023, 12:33:32 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Wait...they do this for MONEY?!? I'm SHOCKED! SHOCKED I TELL YOU!
At least the Bunt don't do it for money, they just really, really love Steam Whistle and Makers Pizza.

DCLOVE

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -482
« Reply #1489 on: June 02, 2023, 12:38:37 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I sent him that Motivation documentary about Chris Cole, which he had never heard of which is kinda funny. And I sent him a Corey Duffel Welcome To Fallen ad that accidentally ran. Not holding my breath to see if he uses any of it, but I really hope he asks about Jamie confronting Chris about pushing mongo, per the documentary.  8)

Someone send Chris the weekend buzz ep where red describes Chris coles abuse. Really surprised it hasn’t come out that he’s a straight up abusive groomer . How did we all just gloss over the fact he was a 18 dating a 14 year old?
PINE 2009, 2010, 2011, 2020, PINE STILL MAKIN' MONEY.

doublesteveburger

« Reply #1490 on: June 02, 2023, 12:48:39 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Someone send Chris the weekend buzz ep where red describes Chris coles abuse. Really surprised it hasn’t come out that he’s a straight up abusive groomer . How did we all just gloss over the fact he was a 18 dating a 14 year old?

a ruse thy name be yellow camouflage

Kook Me Amadeus

« Reply #1491 on: June 02, 2023, 01:37:18 PM »
Cobra and Jamie are such comfortable speakers they could run circles around Crob if he doesnt prepare properly.  Glad to know he was given some tools for success. 

In terms of his Nine Club visits, I keep thinking back to Jamie flubbing his Stop & Chat- if Jaeb’s departure from Zero wasn’t already in the works, he surely rubbed Dylan Jaeb the wrong way in that one - he was negging the kid hard and changed the subject to how incredible skategoat is when everyone else was on the topic of Dylan.  That Jamie couldn’t see how to use the likes of Franky Villani, Jaeb, Dal Santo and Tom K properly says a lot about his accumen in recent years.

roba

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 765
« Reply #1492 on: June 02, 2023, 01:49:29 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Yeah that suprised me a little they didn’t know about Frankys new shoe - I guess 3 people fucking up on air is less embarrassing than 5 though…

steezus probably would’ve corrected them, he’s a sneakerhead lol
I'm ok with theft. It happens to me all the time.
I steal too

I’m rich and smart

R.I.P Tate

camel filters

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1292
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #1493 on: June 02, 2023, 02:34:32 PM »
Cobra and Jamie are such comfortable speakers they could run circles around Crob if he doesnt prepare properly.  Glad to know he was given some tools for success. 

In terms of his Nine Club visits, I keep thinking back to Jamie flubbing his Stop & Chat- if Jaeb’s departure from Zero wasn’t already in the works, he surely rubbed Dylan Jaeb the wrong way in that one - he was negging the kid hard and changed the subject to how incredible skategoat is when everyone else was on the topic of Dylan.  That Jamie couldn’t see how to use the likes of Franky Villani, Jaeb, Dal Santo and Tom K properly says a lot about his accumen in recent years.
Add Boserio, Fitzgerald, and Piscopo and Zero has a running track record of losing big names before they pop off. Greco and Ellington back in the day too.

Kook Me Amadeus

« Reply #1494 on: June 02, 2023, 08:00:38 PM »
I’m not quite sure what we did to earn this level of quality content, but we must have been awfully good this year.

I’ll get to watching the gym shit at some point maybe, but I scrubbed right to Steezus’s heart to heart / strategy sesh with the CEO of Gloom Management at 24:25  :)

Kook Me Amadeus

« Reply #1495 on: June 02, 2023, 08:43:57 PM »
There’s too much gold in here to single any one item out…

Can anyone with gif-making skills please loop the red ball toss at 20:45 into infinity

Mount St. Hermdog

• Rep: 8
« Reply #1496 on: June 02, 2023, 08:56:17 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Chris’s background as a milk man is coming in extremely handy these days  ;D

;) lmao

Candied cigarettes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 236
« Reply #1497 on: June 02, 2023, 09:21:26 PM »
I’m not quite sure what we did to earn this level of quality content, but we must have been awfully good this year.

I’ll get to watching the gym shit at some point maybe, but I scrubbed right to Steezus’s heart to heart / strategy sesh with the CEO of Gloom Management at 24:25  :)

That was the biggest bunch of nothing I’ve ever heard.

Kook Me Amadeus

« Reply #1498 on: June 02, 2023, 10:26:56 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

That was the biggest bunch of nothing I’ve ever heard.

Ryan Kulla’s about to convert to Steezuschristianity over here

Dooky-shoes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -305
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #1499 on: June 02, 2023, 10:50:28 PM »

He is such a fucking douche