Author Topic: Wtf is up with the nine club  (Read 322057 times)

k-nutz and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

KGB

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -461
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
Re: Wtf is up with the nine club
« Reply #660 on: July 17, 2021, 01:43:10 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
https://youtu.be/5cIG7BowkqU

York seems like a chill dude
[close]
wanted to watch this, I tried to but it sounds like Mike Yorks mic is fucked up...kept fucking with me
[close]

Same here. I would crank it up all the way when York was talking, then when Crob would talk or Kelly would laugh it would almost blow my ear drums out

I watched with the volume down low and headphones on. It really wasn't that bad, they just need the guests to speak into the mic or use one thats less directional or even a lav. Overall I thought it was a great episode. Mike York seems like a chill dude and his explanations were great to listen too. Plus he's on that hard Palace flow for all you Palace loving peeps.

"Armed with seven rounds of space doo-doo pistols"

breezer

• Rep: -17
« Reply #661 on: July 17, 2021, 01:57:03 PM »
in last weeks experience (ep.156) someone mentions Its Always Sunny In Philadelphia and Chris responds, Ive never seen the show but plenty of people say I am like the character Dennis......without a shred of awareness. 
what was the DENNIS System again? 

KGB

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #662 on: July 17, 2021, 02:09:11 PM »
in last weeks experience (ep.156) someone mentions Its Always Sunny In Philadelphia and Chris responds, Ive never seen the show but plenty of people say I am like the character Dennis......without a shred of awareness. 

I don't remember, but he would love that show I know that much.

rukes

• Rep: 211
  • Yabba dabba doo
« Reply #663 on: July 17, 2021, 03:27:52 PM »

He's way more of a laid-back California beach Mac
Is it true?  Or did you read it on the slap message board?

DaleSr

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1444
« Reply #664 on: July 18, 2021, 08:59:33 AM »

D: Demonstrate Value
E: Engage Physically
N: Nurture Dependence
N: Neglect Emotionally
I: Inspire Hope
S: Separate Entirely

OldSkater

• Rep: -49
« Reply #665 on: July 18, 2021, 10:16:30 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

D: Demonstrate Value
E: Engage Physically
N: Nurture Dependence
N: Neglect Emotionally
I: Inspire Hope
S: Separate Entirely

D: demonstrate value to a skateboard company
E: engage in a few scrapey manual tricks
N: neglect your skateboarding skills
N: nine club: start a podcast
I: Insipid commentary with steezus and co
S: Separate yourself from any relevance to the skateboard world

Low standards

« Reply #666 on: September 19, 2021, 05:18:52 PM »
I see they got Andrew huberman on the show tomorrow. I’m seriously disappointed that this is the skateboarding podcast that he goes on.. I feel like mostly skateboarding or vent city could actually have a meaningful conversation with him and ask good questions. Instead we’ll get Chris’ lackluster ass saying “wow bro…” because he’s intellectually unprepared to have a conversation with him..

Fongstarr.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 311
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #667 on: September 19, 2021, 05:56:59 PM »
I see they got Andrew huberman on the show tomorrow. I’m seriously disappointed that this is the skateboarding podcast that he goes on.. I feel like mostly skateboarding or vent city could actually have a meaningful conversation with him and ask good questions. Instead we’ll get Chris’ lackluster ass saying “wow bro…” because he’s intellectually unprepared to have a conversation with him..

I actually think the Jenkem interview Huberman did is enough research for Crob to have an interesting convo. I am obviously also giving Crob the benefit of the doubt but he seemed super interested in Huberman which is enough for him to try to have a good convo.
I'll fuckin
I'll fuckin
sew your asshole closed, and keep feedin you
and feedin you, and feedin you, and feedin you!

coldbrew

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 399
« Reply #668 on: September 19, 2021, 06:01:41 PM »
You guys also act like you knew who Huberman was pre the jenkem interview lol

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1567
« Reply #669 on: September 19, 2021, 06:05:16 PM »
I find all of this just so fascinating....because like...skaters....we know right.....like we KNOW.....like we ARE science....

Monkey_Mcpott

« Reply #670 on: September 19, 2021, 06:26:26 PM »
“The coolest things about science man is everything is based on theory”

Sketch Hitchcock

• Rep: 158
« Reply #671 on: August 16, 2022, 12:18:25 PM »
This just popped up in my feed and for some reason I watched the first question…

https://youtu.be/ML7NOlUhOB0

For all the criticism Chris, Rog and Steezus (rightfully) take, Kelly Hart’s performative nice guy routine is probably the most toxic.  Ive seen him around Venice and he hides his face as skaters pass him on the bike path for fear of any interaction.  I get wanting your own time and space, but as someone who works in skating and is on fucking Nine Club twice a week, which is pretty forward facing… if you dont want to say hi and be pleasant to your fans, why did you become a pro skater?  Seems like such a shitty / unhappy dude.

Just thought I’d get it off my chest lol

camel filters

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1274
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #672 on: August 16, 2022, 12:22:48 PM »
This just popped up in my feed and for some reason I watched the first question…

For all the criticism Chris, Rog and Steezus (rightfully) take, Kelly Hart’s performative nice guy routine is probably the most toxic.  Ive seen him around Venice and he hides his face as skaters pass him on the bike path for fear of any interaction.  I get wanting your own time and space, but as someone who works in skating and is on fucking Nine Club twice a week, which is pretty forward facing… if you dont want to say hi and be pleasant to your fans, why did you become a pro skater?  Seems like such a shitty / unhappy dude.

I mean he "turned pro" at 30 and at the tail end of the company he rode for's life for a reason...

sluggers

• Rep: -405
« Reply #673 on: August 16, 2022, 02:39:18 PM »

You have a strange definition of “toxic.”

Go hug a tree.

BurgerCop

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -62
« Reply #674 on: August 16, 2022, 03:10:36 PM »

Why do people not like Steezus? Genuine question, I'm not very up to date on this stuff.

Candied cigarettes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 231
« Reply #675 on: August 16, 2022, 03:27:23 PM »

It’s funny he assumes that skaters will want to talk to him.

mj23

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 221
« Reply #676 on: August 16, 2022, 03:30:54 PM »

I would hide my face in public if I was him too. You want to talk to the average 9 club fan? Or even worse, a slap poster who might ask him about how he cheated on his girlfriend, or whatever the hell people were gossiping about a few months ago? Fuck no. If I was Kelly I would probably be trying to avoid all that.

too fakie

• Rep: 63
« Reply #677 on: August 16, 2022, 04:01:51 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Why do people not like Steezus? Genuine question, I'm not very up to date on this stuff.

It’s probably because he is a grown man that goes by the name Steezus Christ and has that weird trying to be an influencer/media personality vibe.

Style Police

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 765
« Reply #678 on: August 16, 2022, 04:33:44 PM »

Uncle Flea

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 961
    • Aural Buthcheryers avatar image
« Reply #679 on: August 16, 2022, 09:45:44 PM »
i think i would get along well with Kelly. if we was friends friends id try to get him on ventures all the time. id ride girl boards again as a trade. Malto's shape or something. i think its goo25 or something. thats the best one imo.

also why does powell sell milk? i bet george has a huge heard of cattle enslaved in iowa or something. that makes me wanna cry.
Plz stop killing each other
(A)pl(E)

veritas

« Reply #680 on: August 17, 2022, 04:02:54 AM »

Sounds like you were waiting for that moment of sweet eye contact so you could approach him. He’s not a costumed character at a theme park.

He probably wants to skate the curbs by his house without random wackos forcing him to make small talk about Kre-per trucks or who on Expedition had the best pants

Arto!Arto!WakeUp!

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 185
« Reply #681 on: August 17, 2022, 04:28:44 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Sounds like you were waiting for that moment of sweet eye contact so you could approach him. He’s not a costumed character at a theme park.

He probably wants to skate the curbs by his house without random wackos forcing him to make small talk about Kre-per trucks or who on Expedition had the best pants

he might not even remember who was on expedition.

i recall a show where they get on to the topic of the rodney v daewon videos and how the team sections were really good too. kelly was saying how much he liked the first guy in the world section but couldn't remember his name.

it was enrique lorenzo, who he was on two different teams with.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2022, 06:27:00 AM by Arto!Arto!WakeUp! »

Canuck

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 348
« Reply #682 on: August 17, 2022, 06:32:54 AM »
My feedback for the nineclub is that they need to do research and come up with interesting questions to ask their guests. I don't give a fuck about how someone started skating... unless its a super interesting story. Also, challenging people and calling people out when they say something that doesn't align with reality. The show now is sooo formulaic. The Bunt, Talking Schmitt and even the Tony Hawk and Jason Ellis podcasts do it right.

No Wave Comply

• Rep: 127
  • Phantom of the Skatepark
« Reply #683 on: August 17, 2022, 08:37:21 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

It’s probably because he is a grown man that goes by the name Steezus Christ and has that weird trying to be an influencer/media personality vibe.

This. He also has terrible takes/taste, seems to know very little about skateboarding outside of his narrow experience, and is basically a corny sneakerhead.
a grunt  a mudhog  a slimedog
a simple servant  a hired hand

“Come in here dear boy, have a gnar, you’re gonna go far!”

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 854
« Reply #684 on: August 17, 2022, 08:48:09 AM »
My feedback for the nineclub is that they need to do research and come up with interesting questions to ask their guests. I don't give a fuck about how someone started skating... unless its a super interesting story. Also, challenging people and calling people out when they say something that doesn't align with reality. The show now is sooo formulaic. The Bunt, Talking Schmitt and even the Tony Hawk and Jason Ellis podcasts do it right.
They don't need to do any of those things because they've found their audience and they are not interested in any of that. It's for people who are either 14 or have the mental age of 14. It's lucky we have the other shows you mentioned.

BevinKradley

• Rep: -8
« Reply #685 on: August 17, 2022, 09:48:05 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

This. He also has terrible takes/taste, seems to know very little about skateboarding outside of his narrow experience, and is basically a corny sneakerhead.

I liked the nine club at first but I could never listen to the experience because steeszus was so annoying and had the worst takes on everything...

KGB

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #686 on: August 17, 2022, 12:49:36 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

I liked the nine club at first but I could never listen to the experience because steeszus was so annoying and had the worst takes on everything...

This doesn’t help either:
https://www.steezuschrist.com/about

With humble beginnings originating from Kansas City, MO, DeWayne "Steezus Christ" McMurry is a living expression of what life looks like when you stay true to what you believe in and pursue your dreams.

From manifesting some of the most extraordinary opportunities, to withholding the composure to battle through unfavorable situations, DeWayne has been a genuine inspiration to not only his peers and individuals around the world, but has truly influenced an entire culture and inspired the new generation.

As one of the most known unknowns in the world of skateboarding, DeWayne's association with The Berrics, one of the world's most visited skate websites, introduced the general public to the "Steezus Christ" brand. His infectious personality and good energy was undeniable, and his 'public debut' on The Berrics created a cult following, which compounded DeWayne's positive influence on the culture over night. DeWayne’s been an industry figurehead ever since, effectively producing and creating content behind the scenes, whilst simultaneously maintaining a strong on-camera presence.

With an unwavering desire for knowledge, a non-stop positive outlook on life, and a contagiously uplifting spirit, DeWayne has not only been the ideal ambassador for a bundle of industry-critical brands such as New Era, Skullcandy, eS Footwear, and The Berrics, but most notably has transcended the skateboard industry to become a notable figure in the sneaker world and streetwear culture.

Under his mantra of "Don't quit your day dream", DeWayne is a reminder to all that dreams do come true and a lifestyle can become your job. DeWayne is a reflection of patience, persistence and conviction, of which he stayed true to himself and his beliefs. Thus, resulting in a character who is well-known globally for his passion to continue growing skateboarding ethically, and keeping kids all around the world uplifted and inspired.

DeWayne is one of the most recognizable digital media profiles in the industry, and is blessed to travel the world and engage the youth, investing his time simply to remind kids and his admirers not to quit their day dream. That said, it's clear that DeWayne’s ability to inspire others simply through his inherent character and way of living is due to his conscious efforts to stay grounded, and most importantly, spend time to reflect. This can be seen on a weekly basis on the globally recognized podcast, The Nine Club Experience.

DeWayne's delivery, both verbally and in action, is a demonstration that qualifies he lives by the advice he gives. Unquestionably respected by his peers, associates and corporate partners, DeWayne is a pure "by-product" of what a wholesome life in skate-boarding can create if one stays true to themselves and the culture that raised them.  DeWayne’s embodiment of this testament is what makes him so valuable to the industry, of which he stands to become a legacy-profile that will never be forgotten.

manysnakes

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1118
« Reply #687 on: August 17, 2022, 12:55:55 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

With humble beginnings originating from Kansas City, MO, DeWayne "Steezus Christ" McMurry is a living expression of what life looks like when you stay true to what you believe in and pursue your dreams.

From manifesting some of the most extraordinary opportunities, to withholding the composure to battle through unfavorable situations, DeWayne has been a genuine inspiration to not only his peers and individuals around the world, but has truly influenced an entire culture and inspired the new generation.

As one of the most known unknowns in the world of skateboarding, DeWayne's association with The Berrics, one of the world's most visited skate websites, introduced the general public to the "Steezus Christ" brand. His infectious personality and good energy was undeniable, and his 'public debut' on The Berrics created a cult following, which compounded DeWayne's positive influence on the culture over night. DeWayne’s been an industry figurehead ever since, effectively producing and creating content behind the scenes, whilst simultaneously maintaining a strong on-camera presence.

With an unwavering desire for knowledge, a non-stop positive outlook on life, and a contagiously uplifting spirit, DeWayne has not only been the ideal ambassador for a bundle of industry-critical brands such as New Era, Skullcandy, eS Footwear, and The Berrics, but most notably has transcended the skateboard industry to become a notable figure in the sneaker world and streetwear culture.

Under his mantra of "Don't quit your day dream", DeWayne is a reminder to all that dreams do come true and a lifestyle can become your job. DeWayne is a reflection of patience, persistence and conviction, of which he stayed true to himself and his beliefs. Thus, resulting in a character who is well-known globally for his passion to continue growing skateboarding ethically, and keeping kids all around the world uplifted and inspired.

DeWayne is one of the most recognizable digital media profiles in the industry, and is blessed to travel the world and engage the youth, investing his time simply to remind kids and his admirers not to quit their day dream. That said, it's clear that DeWayne’s ability to inspire others simply through his inherent character and way of living is due to his conscious efforts to stay grounded, and most importantly, spend time to reflect. This can be seen on a weekly basis on the globally recognized podcast, The Nine Club Experience.

DeWayne's delivery, both verbally and in action, is a demonstration that qualifies he lives by the advice he gives. Unquestionably respected by his peers, associates and corporate partners, DeWayne is a pure "by-product" of what a wholesome life in skate-boarding can create if one stays true to themselves and the culture that raised them.  DeWayne’s embodiment of this testament is what makes him so valuable to the industry, of which he stands to become a legacy-profile that will never be forgotten.

That’s deeply embarrassing.

Kelly hiding from 9 Club fans is the most relatable thing about him.
This is not my SOTY. I'm telling my kids there was no SOTY for 2021

Cool Ceith

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 615
  • Did someone say sassy?
« Reply #688 on: August 17, 2022, 01:38:37 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

With humble

…but has truly influenced an entire culture and inspired the new generation.

…DeWayne’s been an industry figurehead ever since

Figurehead is not a complimentary statement

dr.prestige

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 298
  • rest in peace Loaf
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #689 on: August 17, 2022, 03:26:02 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

on the "contact" page of that website:

Op, you ok man? Being real here, you doin alright?