Author Topic: Wtf is up with the nine club  (Read 367040 times)

camel filters

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1311
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
Re: Wtf is up with the nine club
« Reply #1110 on: February 28, 2023, 02:31:53 PM »
Enjoyed the Brian ep.  It's great he is working on another part and seems to be in a really good place. His voice is so soothing too.

Also this setup video:

"Formula 44s"

rawbertson.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 693
  • yo yo, yo yo yo yo
    • my youtube avatar image
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #1111 on: March 01, 2023, 04:56:13 AM »
Cant believe he rides 77s on a 9" and 66s on the 8.8" lol dude likes his hot rods. I think though it doesnt matter much because we are talking less than 1/2" and you cant evne really tell. makes me think actually the width of the skateboard is not as important as the WB and nose and tail lengths.

I wish they would measure the nose and tail on these. Pretty important dimensions imo. more important than the overall length. watching this one got me to watch Kelly and Chris' setups lol. Chris talks about how they designed a Twin Nose, Twin Tail, and Hybrid, and he went with the hybrid, without revealing what ANY of the dimensions are. so lazy!! he is so uninterested the entire time too i couldnt keep watching.

OhioGuy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 56
« Reply #1112 on: March 01, 2023, 04:56:44 AM »
Enjoyed the Brian ep.  It's great he is working on another part and seems to be in a really good place. His voice is so soothing too.

Also this setup video:

I’m also 6’3 and wondering if I should try that board. 33 inches long, 9 wide, and a 15+ wheelbase 😲

I don’t want madness though, but in my heart I feel like I should probably be on a bigger board.

OhioGuy

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1113 on: March 01, 2023, 04:59:20 AM »
Cant believe he rides 77s on a 9" and 66s on the 8.8" lol dude likes his hot rods. I think though it doesnt matter much because we are talking less than 1/2" and you cant evne really tell. makes me think actually the width of the skateboard is not as important as the WB and nose and tail lengths.

I wish they would measure the nose and tail on these. Pretty important dimensions imo. more important than the overall length. watching this one got me to watch Kelly and Chris' setups lol. Chris talks about how they designed a Twin Nose, Twin Tail, and Hybrid, and he went with the hybrid, without revealing what ANY of the dimensions are. so lazy!! he is so uninterested the entire time too i couldnt keep watching.
Tactics has the measurements: https://www.tactics.com/anti-hero/classic-eagle-90-skateboard-deck/orange

Thing is a beast of a deck.

rawbertson.

• SLAP Pal
  • yo yo, yo yo yo yo
« Reply #1114 on: March 01, 2023, 06:45:02 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]
Tactics has the measurements: https://www.tactics.com/anti-hero/classic-eagle-90-skateboard-deck/orange

Wow it even has concave dimensions

i should see how that stacks up to my other boards

lol he can 3 flip so good on that thing too. his leg power must be absolutely amazing. it is interesting he likes to paint it and give it that extra bit of weight - that lines up with what ben de gros said the FA boards weighed a little more too because they had an extra layer of paint on them.

arrbee

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 439
« Reply #1115 on: March 01, 2023, 06:47:11 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

66's on an 8.8 makes more sense. I ride 55's on an 8.25 and its pretty flush, especially one concave mellows out.
Quote from: DaveFuck
youre fucking FRIED if you think im gonna listen to dan corrigan talk about cariuma

rawbertson.

• SLAP Pal
  • yo yo, yo yo yo yo
« Reply #1116 on: March 01, 2023, 07:17:45 AM »
Yeah the wheel would be almost perfectly in line with it on that, its like a 1/8 of an inch we are talking.  I just prefer the opposite! I am just surprised how many people like to have their boards like that. I really like the wheels tucked in but I suppose it is actually less practical.

arrbee

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 439
« Reply #1117 on: March 01, 2023, 07:37:30 AM »
Yeah the wheel would be almost perfectly in line with it on that, its like a 1/8 of an inch we are talking.  I just prefer the opposite! I am just surprised how many people like to have their boards like that. I really like the wheels tucked in but I suppose it is actually less practical.

I know it's only millimeters but I prefer the additional grinding area. Means I don't have to be so precise when flipping into grinds.
Quote from: DaveFuck
youre fucking FRIED if you think im gonna listen to dan corrigan talk about cariuma

blowjobtofakie

• Rep: 103
« Reply #1118 on: March 01, 2023, 08:17:51 AM »
Alright, alright, that’s enough, take it to the shoes and gear thread.

pizzafliptofakie

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1966
« Reply #1119 on: March 01, 2023, 08:48:50 AM »
just heard Kelly ask what "wind chill" was lol

Síota

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 821
« Reply #1120 on: March 01, 2023, 09:05:42 AM »
Love BA but ain't listening to the whole thing, time stamp dude?

Fongstarr.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 317
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #1121 on: March 01, 2023, 09:23:55 AM »

I figured that would be on there. I know Eldy gets a lot of hate for being dumb but I always think Kelly is the one that surprises me more. I will give him the benefit of the doubt though cause he is a So Cal guy but it's not like he's never been to colder places and never heard of that phrase before.
I'll fuckin
I'll fuckin
sew your asshole closed, and keep feedin you
and feedin you, and feedin you, and feedin you!

OhioGuy

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1122 on: March 01, 2023, 09:40:24 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I figured that would be on there. I know Eldy gets a lot of hate for being dumb but I always think Kelly is the one that surprises me more. I will give him the benefit of the doubt though cause he is a So Cal guy but it's not like he's never been to colder places and never heard of that phrase before.
He’s a total bro/jock type, one who just skates. The dude comes across as willfully ignorant most of the time. He’s very childlike too. Doesn’t seem like someone pushing 40.

minilogoflow

• Rep: 84
« Reply #1123 on: March 01, 2023, 11:29:57 AM »

Not all of us live in the tundra. I've lived most of my 28 years in the middle of California and I don't think I've ever heard anyone talk about wind-chill here.

pizzafliptofakie

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1124 on: March 01, 2023, 12:29:46 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Not all of us live in the tundra. I've lived most of my 28 years in the middle of California and I don't think I've ever heard anyone talk about wind-chill here.

Well with no context you made an assumption that it had to do with weather so I don't think I'm reaching too high here.

minilogoflow

• Rep: 84
« Reply #1125 on: March 01, 2023, 01:08:38 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Well with no context you made an assumption that it had to do with weather so I don't think I'm reaching too high here.

Wtf are you even trying to say? You were trying to dunk on my boy Smelly Fart by trying to say a guy who's spent 90% of his life in SoCal is dumb for not knowing what wind chill is, so elucidate us Mr. Meteorology on the esoteric phenomenon of wind chill.

offkilter

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 263
« Reply #1126 on: March 01, 2023, 02:17:25 PM »
Maybe I’m wrong but it seems like one of those phrases where the phrase itself describes what it means, where you wouldn’t need an explanation upon hearing it for the first time.

TheDingus

« Reply #1127 on: March 01, 2023, 02:27:28 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

Wtf are you even trying to say? You were trying to dunk on my boy Smelly Fart by trying to say a guy who's spent 90% of his life in SoCal is dumb for not knowing what wind chill is, so elucidate us Mr. Meteorology on the esoteric phenomenon of wind chill.

It means when it’s windy, you chill duh

GrayCellGreen

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 293
« Reply #1128 on: March 01, 2023, 02:40:15 PM »
Maybe I’m wrong but it seems like one of those phrases where the phrase itself describes what it means, where you wouldn’t need an explanation upon hearing it for the first time.

True, but it could also be another Sabbath rip off doom metal band.

pizzafliptofakie

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1129 on: March 01, 2023, 03:00:11 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

I was trying to give you the benefit of the doubt that you were smarter than Kelly Hart but I have clearly made a mistake.

GrayCellGreen

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 293
« Reply #1130 on: March 01, 2023, 03:09:34 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

I was trying to give you the benefit of the doubt that you were smarter than Kelly Hart but I have clearly made a mistake.

Since we are on the topic of Kelly Hart, @pizzafliptofakie the Dr. Pepper dude from your signature looks just like him. I think about each time I see your posts lol

pizzafliptofakie

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1131 on: March 01, 2023, 03:13:11 PM »
It would be very awesome if it was, haha

The Mexican Nancy Chin

• Rep: 115
« Reply #1132 on: March 01, 2023, 03:20:43 PM »
I saw Crob at the curb spot in Venice that he and the other nine club folks are always posting on social media while I was on acid, it was really weird. From more than 50 yards away I saw his hat and his general figure and knew immediately that it was him; he turned and looked at me while in the middle of talking to someone and I could immediately tell from the way he looked at me that he knew I recognized him and that he had no interest in talking to me, which I was fine with. I was slightly past my peak, so I knew it wouldn't be good to walk up to him with my face basically melting off and half-heartedly tell him I dig his podcast when I haven't listened to an episode in months. I was tripping out on the fact that I was at that specific spot though, as I've seen Pack of Lies a million times, so in retrospect I kind of wish that I could have asked him about what it was like to buy boards out of the back of Chico Brenes' and Tim Gavin's cars 30 years ago in the adjacent parking lot to the spot. On an unrelated note, I also saw Skate Goat at Venice park and was tripping out on how buff that dude is. Also, his nipples are like an inch long, in the right circumstances it's definitely possible for someone on the other side of the curved fence/barrier thing that borders Venice park to reach out and grab one of his nipples as he's skating the snake run.
Quite amusing post. This last part made me giggle quite bit but I now feel uncomfortable as I'm having trouble getting the image of this out of my head

Gab

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 269
« Reply #1133 on: March 01, 2023, 03:21:24 PM »
It would be very awesome if it was, haha

I love how once he gets that shirt off and starts twisting that cap he already looks disgusted with himself

The Mexican Nancy Chin

• Rep: 115
« Reply #1134 on: March 01, 2023, 03:29:07 PM »
I've giggled out loud at that sig quite a few times as well

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 871
« Reply #1135 on: March 01, 2023, 06:32:28 PM »
Living in southern Cali is an excuse for not knowing what wind chill is? I've lived my entire life in Sydney and still know what black ice is.

Didn't watch the whole thing just this clip but 10:00 kinda makes me glad I didn't.

So was the slam as bad as it looks? He literally just explained it for five minutes

Bill Salt

« Reply #1136 on: March 02, 2023, 02:55:12 AM »
I heard it's all fake and made in 3D

straight fucking edge

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -170
« Reply #1137 on: March 02, 2023, 04:16:12 AM »
i wish i didn't know what windchill is
i don't want to link to the channel because is promotes athiesm.

doublesteveburger

« Reply #1138 on: March 02, 2023, 06:00:25 AM »
brian anderson on Windchill Skateboards confirmed

KGB

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -461
« Reply #1139 on: March 02, 2023, 07:51:39 AM »

Also this setup video:

The coconut oil thing pretty interesting. Haven’t heard that one before.

"Armed with seven rounds of space doo-doo pistols"