Author Topic: Wtf is up with the nine club  (Read 367213 times)

formula420

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 89
Re: Wtf is up with the nine club
« Reply #1620 on: June 28, 2023, 04:36:38 PM »
For how many pages can we talk about wearing sunglasses indoors? Personally, I’m a prescription glasses wearer so when I’m in my sunglasses l, they frequently stay on wherever since I need them in order not to walk into walls.

Ive gone full dngaf and got the over the glasses sunglasses. So convenient

TheWineClub

• Rep: 41
« Reply #1621 on: June 28, 2023, 05:04:15 PM »
We don't like it when the general public gets mad at us for skating, dressing, or acting how we want. Yet skaters hate on other skaters for how they dress, how they skate, how they talk, etc. It's not really any different than the general public trying to get you to conform.

If it's not "take off the sunglasses indoors", it's "take off the hat indoors". As if we're all supposed to subscribe to some conservative manners. Is this your dinner table and you've been offended? Expressing these complaints will only cause most skaters to rebel more against your rules.

Unless you pay us 200 dollars, your opinion here doesn’t matter

coldbrew

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 406
« Reply #1622 on: June 28, 2023, 06:39:09 PM »
I’m just disappointed we’ve gotten this far in the sunglasses convo and nobody has posted the Robert Neal sunglasses line gif.

Kook Me Amadeus

« Reply #1623 on: June 28, 2023, 09:50:29 PM »
I have some really incriminating footage of Crob doing early Nine Club interviews in sunglasses.  I’ll release it if someone sends me $300 for some equipment to rip the old tapes.

shouldn't

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 90
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #1624 on: June 28, 2023, 10:24:54 PM »
yeah what’s up with that $200??

edit : Wtf is up with that 200??*
« Last Edit: June 29, 2023, 02:14:34 AM by shouldn't »

imagine fucking the dog shit outta chris roberts

pizzafliptofakie

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1966
« Reply #1625 on: June 29, 2023, 05:52:37 AM »
We don't like it when the general public gets mad at us for skating, dressing, or acting how we want. Yet skaters hate on other skaters for how they dress, how they skate, how they talk, etc. It's not really any different than the general public trying to get you to conform.

If it's not "take off the sunglasses indoors", it's "take off the hat indoors". As if we're all supposed to subscribe to some conservative manners. Is this your dinner table and you've been offended? Expressing these complaints will only cause most skaters to rebel more against your rules.

Yeah guys, your so called "rules" will never contain us and you're all jerks and pls PM me for my CashApp I want money so badly.

rkulla

« Reply #1626 on: June 29, 2023, 07:27:22 AM »
$200 to win an internet argument might be a bargain since it'd be a world's first occurrence. But you blew it by saying it out loud, so now everyone would know why. So the Internet will have to remain undefeated in not letting anyone win.

pbj

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 29
« Reply #1627 on: June 29, 2023, 12:19:45 PM »

Kook Me Amadeus

« Reply #1628 on: June 30, 2023, 01:49:24 AM »
Fuck yes.

https://www.youtube.com/live/w8XhkET-U1k?feature=share

TJ Rogers Cold Call, eS Ronnie Creager Shoe Re-Release, FTC x Deep Fried video, Jeron's FTC "Finally" part, Manny Santiago on Ryan Sheckler's Company Sandlot Times, Fire At The St Louis Sk8Liborius, Budget or Buttery, Nine Club Fills Out Their BATB 13 Brackets, Storied Tony Hawk 900,
Vert Alert Salt Lake City Tony Hawk Returns, Nike SB 7 Ball Video, Nike SB Yuto Dunk & Apparel and much more!

Timestamps:
00:00:00 Nine Club Live
00:01:38 Show Rundown
00:02:42 Intro / Sponsors
00:03:30 TJ Rogers Cold Call
00:11:40 eS Ronnie Creager Shoe Re-Release
00:22:00 FTC x Deep Fried
00:31:00 Jeron FTC "Finally" part
00:34:20 Manny Santiago on Sandlot Times
00:43:36 Fire At The St Louis Sk8Liborius
00:50:10 Budget or Buttery
01:04:00 Nine Club BATB 13 Brackets
01:42:00 Storied Tony Hawk 900
01:48:20 Vert Alert Salt Lake City Tony Hawk Returns
01:58:00 Nike SB 7 Ball
02:11:00 Nike SB Yuto Dunk & Apparel
02:20:00 Rome Olympic Qualifier

straight fucking edge

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -170
« Reply #1629 on: June 30, 2023, 03:33:52 AM »
damn even running segments from the experience.  would be hilarious if they did kelly's pick of the week
i don't want to link to the channel because is promotes athiesm.

rkulla

« Reply #1630 on: June 30, 2023, 11:13:25 AM »
April Fools+Vacation+New Name-2 people.  What's so confusing?  ;)

rkulla

« Reply #1631 on: June 30, 2023, 11:15:14 AM »
April Fools+Vacation+New Name-2 people.  What's so confusing?  ;)

+new timeslot

somedudefromnj

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 78
« Reply #1632 on: June 30, 2023, 12:20:15 PM »
Am I tripping or was Kelly really trying to tell Jeron Jinwoo has good style?

Lol. Eldee is definitely a human. He’s like a raider on horse back who’s kinda scared to do battle. Somehow he closes his eyes and swings his sword wildly and wakes up in a pile of dead orcs.

GrayCellGreen

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 293
« Reply #1633 on: June 30, 2023, 12:59:29 PM »

I interpreted that conversation differently. To me, it seemed like they were all trying their hardest to avoid saying that Ginwoo's style is bad.

Jeron was being charitable when he gave Ginwoo the benefit of the doubt with the "he's still young" thing.

WhoCareZ

« Reply #1634 on: June 30, 2023, 01:56:17 PM »

Kelly’s favorite topic is contest skating

ejazzle

• Rep: 82
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #1635 on: June 30, 2023, 04:34:07 PM »

Or was he saying that style doesn't matter in contests and the only thing that matters is that you execute the trick? Either way you take it both takes are whack. Style should 100% be a factor in the scoring. After hearing him say that I see why the scoring is as shitty as it is sometimes. It should be Style is more important than just hucking tricks with your feet perpendicular to each other and your knees touching as you go to pop.

FatGuy92

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 586
« Reply #1636 on: June 30, 2023, 08:17:16 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I interpreted that conversation differently. To me, it seemed like they were all trying their hardest to avoid saying that Ginwoo's style is bad.

Jeron was being charitable when he gave Ginwoo the benefit of the doubt with the "he's still young" thing.

I don’t disagree about his bad style, but Ginwoo is like an actual child. I don’t expect him to have good style and to do the tricks he does at his age is honestly amazing imo

Banned from the room

« Reply #1637 on: June 30, 2023, 08:31:50 PM »
 I got Nick Bolts vs Joslin finals  :-X

Majer crew should make up live on the berries  :-*

Banned from the room

« Reply #1638 on: June 30, 2023, 09:54:44 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

I don’t disagree about his bad style, but Ginwoo is like an actual child. I don’t expect him to have good style and to do the tricks he does at his age is honestly amazing imo

I think he's sick.
Maximum threat to the cool establishment. Natural Blorn Big Spinner. I'm a Natural Blorn Fakie Big Spinner.

That fuckin biggie out shit is the coolest. I love big flippers too.  540 Ollies in transition. V flips too. He's got all that.
He needs to get some more front side stuff going and definitely should try all his backside tricks switch like 100 of each everyday till people are trying to see if socks out makes you skatebloard better.

Switch back heel on to the handrail to back smith back to switch or something crazy like that.

He's got good switch heels for a kid. It's the perfect trick for after a big spin. That or switch flip.

I back him.

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 871
« Reply #1639 on: June 30, 2023, 10:01:30 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Or was he saying that style doesn't matter in contests and the only thing that matters is that you execute the trick? Either way you take it both takes are whack. Style should 100% be a factor in the scoring. After hearing him say that I see why the scoring is as shitty as it is sometimes. It should be Style is more important than just hucking tricks with your feet perpendicular to each other and your knees touching as you go to pop.
I would have to disagree only in a contest should style not really matter. If two people do the same trick and ones faster, popped higher, balanced, whatever then yeah maybe it's worth more but really fuck it the tricks the trick whoever does the hardest shit should win. We have the other 99% of skateboarding where style is king. Let the dorks do their double flips.

Sila

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 335
  • Jamu Gost
« Reply #1640 on: July 01, 2023, 02:06:28 AM »
I still think it's funny they ditched the experience to bring back a stripped back version but it's way way better now

CrappybsflipDownthe5stair

• Rep: 8
« Reply #1641 on: July 01, 2023, 04:32:34 AM »

It was cute dubz giving Koston shine and them all repping malto even though both are clearly not gonna win a round at batb lol

Loving the new live shows, they feel extremely chilled

somedudefromnj

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1642 on: July 01, 2023, 05:35:12 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

It was cute dubz giving Koston shine and them all repping malto even though both are clearly not gonna win a round at batb lol

Loving the new live shows, they feel extremely chilled

idk man, that Torey v Malto game was one of the best ive seen

Lol. Eldee is definitely a human. He’s like a raider on horse back who’s kinda scared to do battle. Somehow he closes his eyes and swings his sword wildly and wakes up in a pile of dead orcs.

ThomasShitt

« Reply #1643 on: July 01, 2023, 06:58:14 AM »
ginwoo sealed the deal with nigels momma. he is the goat. i cant wait to see him rip up the streets of LA.

Ty Evans Lightman

• Rep: -37
« Reply #1644 on: July 02, 2023, 04:20:12 AM »
Listening to the last live episode. Roger really needs to quit the argumentative stance.

Everyone knows no names in skate videos is stupid. Stop being a bitch not picking non-sensical arguments.

Oh yeah, and “leg-ends” ?
Ha ha… Not.

Kook Me Amadeus

« Reply #1645 on: July 02, 2023, 10:32:04 AM »
Legit silly question (feel free to kook me if you please) but could there be a legal component to not listing skaters names?  GX for instance maybe doesn’t want to make it so easy to say who did what, and be personally responsible for any hijinx.

But I get most of it is a cool guy thing.

Ty Evans Lightman

• Rep: -37
« Reply #1646 on: July 02, 2023, 11:40:31 AM »
Legit silly question (feel free to kook me if you please) but could there be a legal component to not listing skaters names?  GX for instance maybe doesn’t want to make it so easy to say who did what, and be personally responsible for any hijinx.

But I get most of it is a cool guy thing.

That’s actually a pretty valid point for not listing names however destruction of property and public space is pretty much part of the dna of street skating but somehow there haven’t been any major court cases over it and a lot of big corporations seem to love s bit of skating for their portfolio so I’m just going to guess whoever edits these new videos is a lazy bum.

Kook Me Amadeus

« Reply #1647 on: July 02, 2023, 03:29:55 PM »
Colin Kennedy confirmed

Kook Me Amadeus

« Reply #1648 on: July 03, 2023, 06:24:07 AM »

Colin Kennedy discusses getting into film making, filming and editing for 411 Video Magazine, working for The Berrics & his first project being “Aberrican Me” the Ross Capicchioni story, getting hired by DVS & making the “Skate More” video, the inspirations behind the animations and graphics for “Skate More”, filming the Miles Silvas “One Stop” video in downtown LA, Austyn Gillette in “Quik”, filming Torey Pudwill & Daewon Song for “HOA”, making the “LA Boys” documentary, the current state of skateboarding videos and much more!

Timestamps
00:00:00 Colin Kennedy
00:02:03 The current state of skateboarding videos
00:05:06 DVS "Skate More" video
00:15:58 Our Sponsor: Athletic Greens
00:17:33 The animations and graphics for "Skate More"
00:30:59 The music in "Skate More"
00:34:23 Steve Berra editing is own part in "Skate More"
00:37:53 Steve Berra making spots for "Skate More"
00:53:54 Filming and editing for 411 Video Magazine
01:20:37 The music for 411's
01:32:06 Getting started at the Berrics and Aberrican me -  Ross Capicchioni
01:44:46 The Miles Silvas "One Stop" video
02:07:58 The "HOA" Thank You Skateboards piece
02:20:19 Austyn Gillette in "Quik"
02:26:08 The "LA Boys" documentary
02:39:36 Filming the 411 intros with Lance Mountain
02:43:26 what's Colin up to now

somedudefromnj

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1649 on: July 03, 2023, 08:45:40 AM »
not gonna lie I kinda wanted more Skate More talk