Author Topic: Wtf is up with the nine club  (Read 367027 times)

KGB

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -461
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
Re: Wtf is up with the nine club
« Reply #1950 on: September 07, 2023, 06:10:04 AM »
Expand Quote
Just listening to the last Live now, and damn, Dubs pulling no punches on Soletech’s budget right in front of Kelly, who’s income relies on Soletech’s success.  He’s alluded to éS/Emerica not being big p(l)ayers before, but flat out saying they pay pros $1500/month and how it’s a fraction of the bigger companies is kinda rude lol.
[close]

Didn't Kelly say something insinuating to it not even being that much? Crazy.

Is it really crazy that a smaller company without Nike/Addidas/NB funds can’t afford to pay the same?
I mean there is a pretty huge difference in sales numbers. 

"Armed with seven rounds of space doo-doo pistols"

No Wave Comply

• Rep: 142
  • Phantom of the Skatepark
« Reply #1951 on: September 07, 2023, 11:31:16 AM »
Expand Quote
Steezus sans hat

https://imgur.com/a/IipTLQ8
[close]

Here I’ll embed it

I was picturing something more along the lines of this:

a grunt  a mudhog  a slimedog
a simple servant  a hired hand

“Come in here dear boy, have a gnar, you’re gonna go far!”

Big Baby Jesus

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 267
    • Suciu avatar image
« Reply #1952 on: September 07, 2023, 12:44:56 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Steezus sans hat

https://imgur.com/a/IipTLQ8
[close]

Here I’ll embed it

[close]

I was picturing something more along the lines of this:

I’d rock two hats with that five head.

Hate toxic fake positivity so glad he’s off the show.
flat spotted 3 times in 2 weeks, other than that awesome wheels

Baby is gonna be raised by Max and Cyrus

winecrab

• Rep: -176
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #1953 on: September 07, 2023, 05:34:24 PM »
Expand Quote
Just listening to the last Live now, and damn, Dubs pulling no punches on Soletech’s budget right in front of Kelly, who’s income relies on Soletech’s success.  He’s alluded to éS/Emerica not being big p(l)ayers before, but flat out saying they pay pros $1500/month and how it’s a fraction of the bigger companies is kinda rude lol.
[close]

Didn't Kelly say something insinuating to it not even being that much? Crazy.

I'm betting emerica pays more. Dude's with pro models like Leo, Spanky and Figgy seem to be doing well. Leo and Figgy own houses.

Ty Evans Lightman

• Rep: -37
« Reply #1954 on: September 11, 2023, 05:36:45 AM »
Nine Club needs to take a break from interviewing YouTubers. No disrespect to luis Mora and his story but it just feels like Crob and co are pushing the YouTube thing too hard. It feels like interviewing these guys gives the nine club some extra views or likes by piggybacking their guest or just some free consultation on how to improve their stats.

Natas_Fauxas

• Rep: 101
« Reply #1955 on: September 11, 2023, 07:20:26 AM »
Im all set on this weeks guest. Corny at best. I think next week is Matt Price. I may watch that one.

🚨🚨ILLEGAL!!!! 👇👇👇🚨🚨

Kook Me Amadeus

« Reply #1956 on: September 11, 2023, 07:27:39 AM »
Luis Mora and The Nine Club are both clients of the same management company, run by Ryan Clements.

https://excelforward.com/clients

Dummklaus

• Rep: 45
« Reply #1957 on: September 11, 2023, 07:32:53 AM »
Luis Mora and The Nine Club are both clients of the same management company, run by Ryan Clements.

"Ryan Clements was put on this earth to ride skateboards and own businesses." hahahahaha

Grant Patronik

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Rep: 20
« Reply #1958 on: September 11, 2023, 07:38:16 AM »
Nine Club needs to take a break from interviewing YouTubers. No disrespect to luis Mora and his story but it just feels like Crob and co are pushing the YouTube thing too hard. It feels like interviewing these guys gives the nine club some extra views or likes by piggybacking their guest or just some free consultation on how to improve their stats.

But bro there’s a whole universe out there. YOUTUBE.

Abyss1

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 146
« Reply #1959 on: September 11, 2023, 07:39:33 AM »
Never heard of this dude, but its sick he’s rocking the Akira hat.

You think they’ll have gifted on at some point

Coastal Fever

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 527
« Reply #1960 on: September 11, 2023, 08:01:20 AM »
This dude definitely has the thing going on where he feels like a victim for not being revered by the core skate community, despite purposefully not conforming to it, and being way richer than most core industry filmers.  Kinda like NKA with better taste.  Doesn’t seem like an inherently bad guy or anything.

As for the Nine Club’s ulterior motives for bringing him on, hard to hold that against them when the Bunt is guilty of similar behaviour.  As long as they keep putting out good ones like Clyde’s recent episode, I can easily forgive the odd dud.

TheDingus

« Reply #1961 on: September 11, 2023, 08:43:09 AM »
They can’t all be bangers and that’s ok

WhoCareZ

« Reply #1962 on: September 11, 2023, 09:04:00 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Take a break from interviewing youtubers and go back to bringing on uninteresting old heads

Natas_Fauxas

« Reply #1963 on: September 11, 2023, 11:00:46 AM »
Omar Hassan is coming in the next weeks. 3 or so.
🚨🚨ILLEGAL!!!! 👇👇👇🚨🚨

frontsideNECKTIE

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 232
  • Precision Posture
« Reply #1964 on: September 11, 2023, 11:05:33 AM »
Omar Hassan is coming in the next weeks. 3 or so.

Omar is rad. Finally excited for an upcoming guest again.

Wish Grosso was here still, a doubles interview w/ him and Omar would be awesome
Wow sorry, didn't realise I was dealing with a sick cunt here

kookdusoleil

• Rep: 58
  • Have fun out there
« Reply #1965 on: September 11, 2023, 11:09:29 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Take a break from interviewing youtubers and go back to bringing on uninteresting old heads

Actually yes

manysnakes

« Reply #1966 on: September 11, 2023, 11:21:35 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

There's only one YouTuber anyone is interested to hear on the Nine Club and they seem pretty dismissive of him.

TheDingus

« Reply #1967 on: September 11, 2023, 11:36:09 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

There's only one YouTuber anyone is interested to hear on the Nine Club and they seem pretty dismissive of him.

Aaron Kyro?

bigdave

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 179
« Reply #1968 on: September 11, 2023, 11:38:51 AM »

ok thanks

manysnakes

« Reply #1969 on: September 11, 2023, 11:39:06 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

Aaron Kyro?

The Skate Theorist

WhoCareZ

« Reply #1970 on: September 11, 2023, 11:56:20 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

Aaron Kyro?
[close]

The Skate Theorist

They should coordinate bringing on multiple youtubers for an episode, like they did with Malto/Mike Mo

I like most of their industry head guest episodes, but skate YouTube is a relatively large untapped pool for the nine club

Natas_Fauxas

« Reply #1971 on: September 11, 2023, 12:11:20 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

Chris just did a weird thing on his last live revealing the newest guest weeks out. He said we dont watch 100% of GH content. It was basically a sidestep and he directed the GH hate against kelly. I may be wrong, Thats how i took it. He said he loves constructive criticism. I somehow doubt it.
🚨🚨ILLEGAL!!!! 👇👇👇🚨🚨

Abyss1

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 146
« Reply #1972 on: September 11, 2023, 12:22:47 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

Chris just did a weird thing on his last live revealing the newest guest weeks out. He said we dont watch 100% of GH content. It was basically a sidestep and he directed the GH hate against kelly. I may be wrong, Thats how i took it. He said he loves constructive criticism. I somehow doubt it.

Wait is Joa going to be on 9 club...
CRob says he doesn't read any comments, so I don't think he's open to any criticism.   

bigdave

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1973 on: September 11, 2023, 12:26:10 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

Look man. The problem is really simple. A bunch of never-grew-up man-children dont understand how to receive criticism or make amends for their shitty actions (Oblow debacle, how they handled it with their platform is notably worse than what some dude no one really thinks about said) and they have an audience of hundreds of thousands of people who did normal shit, maybe begrudgingly - went to school, got jobs, had responsibilities and just a fuckin sense of how to be a normal functioning adult in the world.

So enter someone like Joa, who is pretty much the most unconventional skateboard celebrity imaginable and bends the time-space continuum by being A) intelligent B) relatively well-adjusted C) a gaming nerd D) self-deprecating E) a ripping skater and F) a youtuber who also then can make fun of other youtubers because he's a ghost in the machine.

The NineClub would be doing themselves a MASSIVE solid/favor to have GH on and let him talk frankly and openly about all the shit that is wrong in skating (invariably, he will also talk about what's right with it) including being vulnerable to critiques of the actual show, and then rub a couple of brain cells together and respond to him in real time.

But they wont, because they have no idea how to actually process and respond to it when someone tells you you're doing something wrong. This is why toxic positivity and participation celebrations are a real thing. Fortunately (or unfortunately for these dudes and a lot of their guests) the real world will snap you back into reality very quickly.
ok thanks

manysnakes

« Reply #1974 on: September 11, 2023, 12:40:26 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

Look man. The problem is really simple. A bunch of never-grew-up man-children dont understand how to receive criticism or make amends for their shitty actions (Oblow debacle, how they handled it with their platform is notably worse than what some dude no one really thinks about said) and they have an audience of hundreds of thousands of people who did normal shit, maybe begrudgingly - went to school, got jobs, had responsibilities and just a fuckin sense of how to be a normal functioning adult in the world.

So enter someone like Joa, who is pretty much the most unconventional skateboard celebrity imaginable and bends the time-space continuum by being A) intelligent B) relatively well-adjusted C) a gaming nerd D) self-deprecating E) a ripping skater and F) a youtuber who also then can make fun of other youtubers because he's a ghost in the machine.

The NineClub would be doing themselves a MASSIVE solid/favor to have GH on and let him talk frankly and openly about all the shit that is wrong in skating (invariably, he will also talk about what's right with it) including being vulnerable to critiques of the actual show, and then rub a couple of brain cells together and respond to him in real time.

But they wont, because they have no idea how to actually process and respond to it when someone tells you you're doing something wrong. This is why toxic positivity and participation celebrations are a real thing. Fortunately (or unfortunately for these dudes and a lot of their guests) the real world will snap you back into reality very quickly.

Actually I meant George Poulos.

pizzafliptofakie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1966
« Reply #1975 on: September 11, 2023, 12:43:49 PM »
they asked me to do an episode but I had plans that day.

sometimeperhaps

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 143
« Reply #1976 on: September 11, 2023, 12:46:08 PM »
they asked me to do an episode but I had plans that day.

Well I hope you get on soon and you get into the details of trolling Berra online.

WhoCareZ

« Reply #1977 on: September 11, 2023, 12:47:55 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]
Joa, who is pretty much the most unconventional skateboard celebrity imaginable and bends the time-space continuum by being A) intelligent B) relatively well-adjusted C) a gaming nerd D) self-deprecating E) a ripping skater and F) a youtuber who also then can make fun of other youtubers because he's a ghost in the machine.

Agree with everything you said except that he's well adjusted. Dude was never told no in his life.

TNC is probably down to have GH on the show. Could be GH who won't accept an invitation.

bigdave

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1978 on: September 11, 2023, 12:52:05 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]
Joa, who is pretty much the most unconventional skateboard celebrity imaginable and bends the time-space continuum by being A) intelligent B) relatively well-adjusted C) a gaming nerd D) self-deprecating E) a ripping skater and F) a youtuber who also then can make fun of other youtubers because he's a ghost in the machine.
[close]

Agree with everything you said except that he's well adjusted. Dude was never told no in his life.

TNC is probably down to have GH on the show. Could be GH who won't accept an invitation.

Well I did say relatively. haha.
I think people can be handed a lot of advantages of life and still know bullshit. The best measuring stick for that, imo, is people's ability to have some self-awareness, which I think he absolutely does have.
ok thanks

bigdave

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1979 on: September 11, 2023, 12:53:01 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

Actually I meant George Poulos.

Oh my bad. sorry.
my point still stands about hater.
ok thanks