Author Topic: Wtf is up with the nine club  (Read 367035 times)

Sizzle

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -420
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
Re: Wtf is up with the nine club
« Reply #2160 on: November 15, 2023, 06:46:55 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Get ready for a heavy youtube oriented itw
[close]

How would slap feel if Brink or some other famous Pal did a nine club interview?
[close]
yeah I mean I’ll go up there that’s fine with me
[close]

Well, y'know, you kinda had a realistic path to become "viral" and earn your way to The Bunt, 9C etc., but, y'know...
He did nothing if not earn a spot on the bunt

versacekid420

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1262
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #2161 on: November 15, 2023, 07:59:32 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Get ready for a heavy youtube oriented itw
[close]

How would slap feel if Brink or some other famous Pal did a nine club interview?
[close]
yeah I mean I’ll go up there that’s fine with me
[close]

Well, y'know, you kinda had a realistic path to become "viral" and earn your way to The Bunt, 9C etc., but, y'know...
[close]
He did nothing if not earn a spot on the bunt
refer to your signature as my reaction to this

Fartknocker415

• Rep: -45
« Reply #2162 on: November 15, 2023, 08:05:45 AM »
Expand Quote

Damn Ryan clements sounds like a fuckin square ngl. Give the AMs some damn prize money
[close]

Not sure you know the definition of amateur is.

Okay Merriam-Webster   ::)

I might add that the status of “AM” within the realms of skateboarding doesn’t necessarily adhere to your little dictionary definition of the word

Here’s an article for you, and your boy Ryan clements has some quotes in it, so maybe you will want to read it then.

https://www.espn.com/action/skateboarding/story/_/id/7089039/what-does-amateur-mean-skating-ams-get-paid-compete-pros

formula420

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 89
« Reply #2163 on: November 15, 2023, 08:40:05 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

Damn Ryan clements sounds like a fuckin square ngl. Give the AMs some damn prize money
[close]

[close]

I might add that the status of “AM” within the realms of skateboarding doesn’t necessarily adhere to your little dictionary definition of the word

Here’s an article for you, and your boy Ryan clements has some quotes in it, so maybe you will want to read it then.

https://www.espn.com/action/skateboarding/story/_/id/7089039/what-does-amateur-mean-skating-ams-get-paid-compete-pros

Yea ive tried to start the convo of 'am vs amateur' and 'pro vs professional' but it didnt really go anywhere. I still think its a valid topic of discussion.

DarkPools

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 480
« Reply #2164 on: November 15, 2023, 11:10:31 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

Yea ive tried to start the convo of 'am vs amateur' and 'pro vs professional' but it didnt really go anywhere. I still think its a valid topic of discussion.

Why would am be different than amateur? It's the same term with the same meaning, just abbreviated. Same applies for pro and professional.

Most of all, ams do deserve to get paid in some scenarios, but it just depends on who is running the contest. Do they choose to give out prize money or not is subjective and I think it's fair either way.

Often pros get actual $ prizes and ams get gear (and exposure, technically) for their winnings.
Super Champion Fun Zone

formula420

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 89
« Reply #2165 on: November 16, 2023, 07:26:43 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

Why would am be different than amateur? It's the same term with the same meaning, just abbreviated. Same applies for pro and professional.

Most of all, ams do deserve to get paid in some scenarios, but it just depends on who is running the contest. Do they choose to give out prize money or not is subjective and I think it's fair either way.

Often pros get actual $ prizes and ams get gear (and exposure, technically) for their winnings.

You just contradicted yourself but ok

SHAQUEEFA

• Rep: 19
« Reply #2166 on: November 16, 2023, 07:42:31 AM »
Hey guys, y'all know I work for Ryan. Let me clear something up.

When he talks about not paying people, he is referring to like all ages contests with a 12 and under division, and giving big money to flow kids.

We have run The Boardr Open for the last few years and although we advertise it as "open" meaning pros can enter, it usually ends up as a upper to mid level am contest and we have a small prize purse for that. I think first place was $500.

The idea is to not set the expectations that 8-12 year old kids are winning significant prize money at contests. That is not sustainable to a contest series.

That being said, the prize money is all up to the sponsors. Sometimes it's there, sometimes its not.

Lately, we have also been doing a lot of "tricks for cash" events where everyone can get involved and we give out maybe $500-$1000 in ten and twenty dollar bills. That kind of thing creates excitement and a great time for everyone.

I'm always down to talk about this stuff and help understand it in any way I can. Feel free to reply here or PM me if you have some more specific questions.

IBSflippedeltoro

• Rep: -29
« Reply #2167 on: November 16, 2023, 07:56:52 AM »
It was kinda whack he singled out PJ in the interview. But I understand where he’s coming from. I don’t think he was hating more just disappointed. But what if PJ was having a bad day or healing from an injury. Still sucks for the fans that showed up expecting to see him skate. Even if it was just a kickflip over the pyramid like suggested. I went to a Deathwish demo and was under the assumption Greco and Ellington would be there, which neither of them were. All good but kind of misleading, maybe it was a misunderstanding. And Lenoce was there but not skating, would’ve been sick to see him just do a Nollie heel on flat or anything really.

What is PJ doing nowadays anyway? At least Tom Penny is constantly uploading clips. PJ is being too harsh on himself. He should've just had a part for the true video and people would be happy.

TheWineClub

• Rep: 41
« Reply #2168 on: November 16, 2023, 01:54:36 PM »

When he talks about not paying people, he is referring to like all ages contests with a 12 and under division, and giving big money to flow kids.

We have run The Boardr Open for the last few years and although we advertise it as "open" meaning pros can enter, it usually ends up as a upper to mid level am contest and we have a small prize purse for that. I think first place was $500.

The idea is to not set the expectations that 8-12 year old kids are winning significant prize money at contests. That is not sustainable to a contest series.

That being said, the prize money is all up to the sponsors. Sometimes it's there, sometimes its not.

Lately, we have also been doing a lot of "tricks for cash" events where everyone can get involved and we give out maybe $500-$1000 in ten and twenty dollar bills. That kind of thing creates excitement and a great time for everyone.

I'm always down to talk about this stuff and help understand it in any way I can. Feel free to reply here or PM me if you have some more specific questions.

I just don’t trust the guy

Coastal Fever

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 527
« Reply #2169 on: November 16, 2023, 02:48:00 PM »
Expand Quote
It was kinda whack he singled out PJ in the interview. But I understand where he’s coming from. I don’t think he was hating more just disappointed. But what if PJ was having a bad day or healing from an injury. Still sucks for the fans that showed up expecting to see him skate. Even if it was just a kickflip over the pyramid like suggested. I went to a Deathwish demo and was under the assumption Greco and Ellington would be there, which neither of them were. All good but kind of misleading, maybe it was a misunderstanding. And Lenoce was there but not skating, would’ve been sick to see him just do a Nollie heel on flat or anything really.
[close]

What is PJ doing nowadays anyway? At least Tom Penny is constantly uploading clips. PJ is being too harsh on himself. He should've just had a part for the true video and people would be happy.

Some might say he’s a bit of a turban legend at this point.

DarkPools

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 480
« Reply #2170 on: November 16, 2023, 05:44:03 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

You just contradicted yourself but ok

Nowhere in anything I wrote did I contradict myself, but ok

Seems like reading comprehension isn't your strong suit
Super Champion Fun Zone

WhoCareZ

« Reply #2171 on: November 16, 2023, 10:42:05 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Some might say he’s a bit of a turban legend at this point.
I’d gnar if PAL status

Ghost Face

• Rep: 113
« Reply #2172 on: November 17, 2023, 02:06:03 AM »
Did this Clements vid get pulled? I was half way through yesterday and it froze. Refreshed and got some error message so I moved on. Went back today and it's not uploaded anymore.
Jerrys Kid : "I work at my real job like I'm a pro skater. Years of work can be summarized to about 3 minutes worth of actual achievements."

liquid

• Rep: -11
« Reply #2173 on: November 17, 2023, 02:43:31 AM »
clements and his goons have been milking and gatekeeping and rigging skateboarding for a while now while at the same time claiming to do all the good in the world for the community... listen to any of their interviews closely and you can find contradictions all over the place... also any critic will be blacklisted and cut from their little elite empire destined for the rest of the time in the trenches.

latest example to me was toby ryan- all new sponsors and is all of a sudden pushed by thrasher the contests and so on. also had a fun insta that got deleted with the process and he nowadys posts generic shit seemingly just like ordered from above. kinda made me less of a fan.

also sad for the skaters that get dumped in the blink of an eye once they 'misbehave'- they should have done the math though to see who makes the most- them as top athletes or the darkmen.

Dummklaus

• Rep: 45
« Reply #2174 on: November 17, 2023, 03:40:13 AM »

DCLOVE

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -496
« Reply #2175 on: November 17, 2023, 04:05:22 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

He lived near me for years . I saw him skate that whole time leading up to true , even met his filmer at a casting thing at one point. But to drop nothing was just weird. And now he’s like in some fake sihk cult wears a turban and follows a bunch of right wing January 6th types on ig. But hey someone still pays him
PINE 2009, 2010, 2011, 2020, PINE STILL MAKIN' MONEY.

MtnDoucheBag

• Rep: -100
« Reply #2176 on: November 17, 2023, 04:41:40 AM »
I remember when it first started I was stoked every week to watch. I’ve probably watched 3 or 4 episodes this year. Why do these interviews have to be longer than an hour? Turns it into a snooze fest.

IBSflippedeltoro

• Rep: -29
« Reply #2177 on: November 17, 2023, 05:13:38 AM »
They need to stfu with this "rigged" bullshit. No one is believing that. The judging has been more lenient for carriuma riders. That's a fact, and that's what people have been saying.

pizzafliptofakie

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1966
« Reply #2178 on: November 17, 2023, 07:08:11 AM »
Whoever told Chris that he's good at impressions is so mean.

biaherl

• Rep: 270
    • Why So Sad avatar image
« Reply #2179 on: November 19, 2023, 09:09:04 PM »

guyledouche

• Rep: -25
« Reply #2180 on: November 20, 2023, 11:09:03 PM »
They need to stfu with this "rigged" bullshit. No one is believing that. The judging has been more lenient for carriuma riders. That's a fact, and that's what people have been saying.

If I remember freshman English class, I believe that’s a straw man fallacy. People suggest Cariuma has influenced the competition and Chris Roberts and Kelly Hart mock them for it and simplify the argument by saying, “People actually believe it’s rigged.”

The Nine Club is corny as it is and I haven’t seen it in a while, but that whole thing led me to conclude that it’s not worth my time at all. Their fans are cringe too. The dude who send them $100 every week, the other guy who runs the discord and Crob’s streams, everyone with the same comment, “I used to skate when I was 12 and you guys got me back into skating!” and proceeds to post clips of themselves trying to ollie in their garage. The whole thing gives off culty vibes like Scientology and Mormonism.

HaveFunSkateboarding

• Rep: 20
« Reply #2181 on: November 21, 2023, 05:55:48 AM »
Whoever told Chris that he's good at impressions is so mean.

This.
He might be the worst person for this type of thing in all honesty. He’s horrible at interviewing. Absolutely horrible. The questions he asks. His responses to what guests say. His opinions on almost everything are so odd and his reasonings behind them are just as odd and weird. Actually, Jeron aside, they’re all such weird people on that show, at least to me (I’m including the old Experience hosts in that sentiment as well). It could just be me and how I was brought up, but they all seem so privileged and are so oblivious to it. Even Roger who some people speak of in a higher regard. They’re so annoying with all the “let me get a box” shit. All they talk about is supporting people and then they just ask for the stuff for free. I’m rambling. The show stinks and I watch it every week.

Dojsha Abuser

• Rep: -26
« Reply #2182 on: November 23, 2023, 12:11:54 AM »
i just got the intel from my boss, she said we still got time until the end of the year.

GET THOSE VOTES IN BABY.

https://www.slapmagazine.com/index.php?topic=128099.msg4098383#msg4098383

radcunt

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 502
    • FARTPISS DOGCUM avatar image
« Reply #2183 on: November 23, 2023, 01:03:55 AM »
Time for a Rebrand

treefiddy

• Rep: -3
« Reply #2184 on: November 23, 2023, 01:24:58 AM »
Anybody watched the last live show when from 2:01:51 on, Kelly for minutes is unable to understand the concept
of dog years and a multiplication by 7?

Gab

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 269
« Reply #2185 on: November 23, 2023, 02:41:31 AM »
Anybody watched the last live show when from 2:01:51 on, Kelly for minutes is unable to understand the concept

Lol that was cringe and very hard to listen to

Donkey Lips

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 982
« Reply #2186 on: November 23, 2023, 08:08:05 AM »

Kelly is probably dumber than most household pets so that's not really surprising. They probably have to smear peanut butter on the wall to keep him quiet at sole tech staff meetings.

able

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 635
  • omm nom
    • able Skate Mag avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #2187 on: November 23, 2023, 09:48:25 AM »
Did this Clements vid get pulled? I was half way through yesterday and it froze. Refreshed and got some error message so I moved on. Went back today and it's not uploaded anymore.
It’s still up
https://youtu.be/6dLvM1OKu6Q?si=Mkz9JqTh2CJb1hi4
ableSkateMag.com

DCLOVE

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -496
« Reply #2188 on: November 23, 2023, 12:57:09 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Lol that was cringe and very hard to listen to

I was screaming in my car at the man.  fuck he’s dumb. Also him revealing his dad and sister are doctors is fucking hilarious.sometimes I wonder if it’s an act for the show.
PINE 2009, 2010, 2011, 2020, PINE STILL MAKIN' MONEY.

Nosferatu

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 687
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #2189 on: November 23, 2023, 09:28:45 PM »
I haven’t watched that clip but that surprises me. Usually seems like he’s the only one who can do basic math.
I thought it wasnt just him solo, shouldve stuck with my og thought.
R.I.P Rusty. One of us.